Looking for a New Begginning - Dominican Republic, DO

I'm currently 214lbs. When I started college...

I'm currently 214lbs. When I started college almost 3 years ago I was 149lbs. Between stress, classes and life I all the weight(70lbs) I lost my junior and senior year of high school. Now I am in the process of losing it all over again and this time I want to keep it off and do a little extra to give me more confidence after all the weight is gone.

I want to thank everyone for the support and...

I want to thank everyone for the support and comments. I've decided to do more research on a different doctor, just to compare their work and post op results. I feel like I'm leaning toward Dr. Duran because I was able to contact her assistant on the phone and I love her results. I was able to add her on facebook and even add some of her past patients. I'm waiting for a quote because I had to send an email with pictures of me and also the look I'm trying to get.

Although I'm excited about this procedure and the results I'm hoping to achieve, my personal life seems to be going down the drain. My boyfriend of almost three years doesn't agree with the surgery. He says he loves me the way I am and he doesn't understand why I want to change, other than me trying to lose weight. It causes a bit of tension between us when we talk about surgery. He said why don't I do it the natural way but I am. I'm losing weight but I know how my body will look when I get to my goal size. I asked him would things change if I got the surgery done and would we still be together. He said he didn't know. I love him but this has nothing to do with him and whatever personal issues he has with it. Honestly if I had to choose between the surgery and him.... I'd probably choose the surgery because I wouldn't be happy with the shape of my body and I feel like my happiness is the most important thing to me.

I'm not doing this for anyone else but myself. I don't know what to tell him if he doesn't understand that. Although I have that drama I'm trying to focused on finishing this semester, losing this weight and getting my funds together to pay for my surgery.

Might be switching to Duran... Having a hard time getting a quote...

I've already decided I'm switching doctors. Why? Because I've seen reviews on Yily saying that she doesn't always do her own surgeries. I don't know if it's true but I rather not find out half way through surgery. Don't get me wrong, I love her work and she emailed me two days ago to check and see if I still wanted surgery but I can't take that risk. So... I decided to check out Duran and I'm more than frustrated. I've been trying to get a quote since April 2013. I've called and spoke to Elizabeth 4 times. I've sent 5 emails and also sent the same thing to Elizabeth on FB while we were on the phone. I know they are busy but this is ridiculous. I'm starting to think this is a sign telling me she isn't the doctor for me.

I love her results and I will try one more time. But if this fails I will go to another doctor. I'm very patient but I feel like I've been put on the back burner.

Anywho me and my bf of three years broke up so now I'm not stressing about not having that support. My sister and my older cousin will be coming with me and we will be staying for 2 weeks. The first two days will be for vacation time and the third day is for surgery. I want to have at least 10 days to recover and have one flex day. My cousin is a flight attendant so I'm not worried about the flight.

My sister and cousin don't think I need surgery. They think if lose the weight I'll be fine (I lost weight once before). They both don't like the idea of me going out of the country to get this done that's why they are going with me. My sister even offered to match what I save if I stay in the states but the results here aren't as good.

Anywho hopefully I get a quote because I want to start gathering my pre op and post op items.

If I haven't posted my stats:
Height: 5'8-5'9
Weight: 210 (Goal: 175 or 180)
Age: 21
I will upload measurements soon

Duran emailed me back! Yay!!!

So Duran finally emails me back. This time it was quick. Even though I got a response I still wasn't given a quote. I guess I should be thankful I at least got a response. Lol

Anywho I was going through my phone and found some old pics when I was 18(freshman). That was only three years ago. Between being in a toxic relationship(3years) and college I gained more than 60lbs in those three years. Smh. But I can't dwell on my mistakes. I've gotten back into kickboxing and after I get fit enough, I plan to get back doing it competitively.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

We share a lot in common. I thought about surgery in December as well bc I work and go to school so I HAVE to schedule during a break. My mother hates the idea of me wanting to leave the country for surgery .... I understand why though. But I try to tell her that the same stuff happens in the US. I know bc I work at one of the best teaching hospitals in America. We just do a better job in covering up things. Just being honest. Good luck on your journey hunn...
Me too. I'm in a coop program for Mechanical Engineering and I have to get the surgery done a semester after working for my company and a semester before school. Preferably in December because winter break pretty long. I couldn't tell my mom. I told her I want surgery for my back rolls but she's under the assumption that's all I'm getting and I'll get in down once I get deeper into my career(25+yo). Lol. I'm glad someone understands. Thank you and good luck on your journey as well!
I'm trying to lose weight too! My surgery is in July...so I have about 3 months to make it happen! Good luck hun!
You can do it! I'm down 37 lbs and I'm 41 yrs old. I'm now in a size 10 from a 16. Good luck go you!!!
Weight loss is prob women's biggest challange....you go girl!! N my martin voice
I'm thinking bout trying aadipex to really help in my process my doc says its awesome
Me too actually I'm a size 16 right now I wanna go down to bout a 12 so wit my "new booty" lol I can be a hot 14!
Welcome... I go to Yily on June 6th... There are some RS members who are losing weight before their surgeries like: jamaicanwithnobutt
We all know the weight struggle to well. Keep your eye on the prize boo you got this!
Story of my life...I have a similar story. I gained almost 100 lbs in a lil over a year. I'm finally deciding to permanently fix this problem also. You don't look like you have far to go because you're already proportioned. Just put that wish pic on your screensaver for motivation (a little tip) anyway goodluck mama!
Good luck on your journey! Thanks for sharing......keep us updated.