Very Soon to Be a Duran Doll - Dominican Republic, DO

Hello all. I recently decided on Duran. I had...

Hello all. I recently decided on Duran. I had scheduled with Salama in FL but the price was way too high. My surgery is booked for Aug 20. I am looking to buddy up someone because I have not found someone I can travel with. Also, can someone recommend a recovery house for the first few days of surgery. Thank you:)

Hello everyone. I am 5 days away from surgery. I am more excited than nervous and am praying I don't have an anxiety attack the day of. My recovery house is booked. I've chosen Paradise Recovery because of the reviews and I know someone from DR who did extensive research on the area aNd cleanliness. The place looks pretty good too. The place is having a driver pick me up from the airlport and take me straight to CIPLA the day before surgery. Ladies help me out. I've read something about Geritol and also taking Arnica days before. If you have information on it, please share. Thank you.
Some women are taking geritol two or three times a day to boost their hemo. I'm on the anemic side, 11.8, so I've been taking a blood builder, geritol, and sss tonic. I do not want a blood transfusion so I'm doing what I can. And I'm monitoring how much iron I'm taking daily to avoid iron toxicity. I heard a few dolls take arnica as directed a few days pre-op to avoid/minimize bruising. I'm going to start that a few days before I go, I just need to buy more

2 days Pre

Tomorrow I will be in Santo Domingo and the following day is the day of my surgery. I finally took measurements. I am 38", 32", 37". I am 5'3 and weigh about 142. My body is totally not proportioned. As I sat here obsessing over pics for days, I realized i had to check myself that there is only so much Dr Duran can do. At this point, I am hoping for the best but am ok with getting even a little more booty than before. I know with the lipo sculpture and TT there will def be a change. Anyhow, I am finishing my packing and have provided a pic of things that I bought.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

More stuff

Hi today is your day hope you have a good surgery and don't forget to post pictures and tell us about your experience all together HAPPY HEALING
Thank you hon! I really appreciate it. Let me begin. I arrived in DR on Tuesday and went straight to CIPLA. Duran was not seeing anyone anymore so I went and got my bloodwork and X-rays done. My hemo was a little over 13 which was good. I was told to come back for surgery the next day at 6:45. I went back to the recovery house and bathed with Heplens right before bed. The next day I arrive at CIPLA at 6:30 but don't see Duran until 7:30ish. She marks me up. I express my concerns. I then see the cardiologist. After I pay in full I'm taken downstairs for intake. Then they take me to my room. I wait about a half an hour until they tell me to take the blue pill. I the. Wait a good 15 minutes and they wheel me to surgery. The only thing I remember are the crazy vivid dreams while I am under. And yes the craziest, I wake up during the last I don't know hour of surgery. I was shivering because I was sooo cold. Then it was over. I get wheeled to my room. It was the worst night ever. I could not sleep. Not because of pain but because I was so uncomfortable. I slept maybe 3 hours. I don't feel too much pain but just pressure every where. Today I am back at the recovery which I am so impressed by because they have been great. I'm in bed now wondering what I am going to do for my rest of my stay. If I didn't mention before, I have my 2 babies that I am missing dearly. :/. I will post pics In a few.

I'm holding up well

I was on Paradise Recovery I love them. how is your experiences so far
I agree. I love them too. Very happy I chose this place and would recommend to all. The place is upscale and pretty. Laura is awesome. The nurses are great. The cool is sweet. They all make sure you feel welcomed.
how are you?? m very happy to hear that you are ok

Before pics

These are my pics from before. :/

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

2 days Post

you look amazing :)
Happy healing

Questions

How do you ladies lay down with a tummy tuck and bbl???? I a, so concerned bc I can't find a comfortable place. I build fortresses around my nalgas but still feel pressure on them. Also how often are you laying down vs getting up????

Glad you are well!!!You look so wonderful congrats!! I know you miss your babies girl I can't imagine how it must feel. My time is near. I just want to come back to them healthy!! Make this time count rest and heal well. Do you mind posting your recovery house info and how much a night please. We are always hearing of new ones and your experience afterwards will be greatly appreciated
you look amazing keep posting pics im so happy for you

I'm ready to have my life back

Sorry I haven't been on to update but I feel like this site and obsession with my surgery were taking over my life. Let me go back to to where I left off. The recovery place was awesome. I'm very glad I chose them. They held my hand thought out the whole stay but all the while encourage me to get up and do things on my own. There was very little pain except for a shooting sharp pain where I later found put was where my drain was. On day 5 my dr removed all do my drains. I left Santo Domingo on Day 8. It was a very difficult trip. Just like every day in the recovery and even now still, trying not to put pressure on my butt while keeping my tummy tuck clear of any pressure is so challenging. I was so uncomfortable on the plane. I sat on a boppy which btw sucks. I stood up every so often. I know the pressure I put on my butt has affected my results however how could I avoid it?!? Now I know why some surgeons only perform one at a time. Anyhow when I got back to the states I was in a whirlwind of emotions. I don't know of anyone else experienced what I did but it was tough. I was sobbing for days. I kept feeling guilty about putting myself at such a risk. Not only that, being at home and being immobile was and is extremely difficult. I am happy to be at home however I wish I could have stayed a few more days. I am back of driving but very little. When I do I use a towel under my knees and pillows on my back. Sleeping so still challenging bc I cannot lie directly on my back nor on my butt. I am still trying to preserve as much fat possible. Back to my results...my butt has gone down significantly. I attribute it to putting pressure on it so early :/. I am still however happy with my results because it is still way better than before. My waist is small And my hips look GREAT! The side angle projection is insane. Dr Duran is truly a miracle worker:)

You look fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing.
I recently faced the same issues as you. I had a TT and a BBL and it's been a difficult recovery. I've been laying on my back since day one and it's so hard to get comfortable. I use a reading pillow, boppy pillow and a regular over sized pillow to elevate my legs. I basically sleep sitting down but I assure you that it gets better. I also want you to know that you're not alone, I too started to get depressed and just question myself for putting myself through all this. I felt a sense of quilt for changing what God has given me, which when I consider what other people have is so much and I'm just thankful for being able to share my experience. Thank you for sharing. I thought I was alone. Happy healing! You look amazing! :}
Thank you...oh what a journey. I want to be back to normal.

Still sore

Hi all...I'm trying to stay away from posting more pics. I've been way too consumed with every detail. Anyhow, I'm 3 weeks post tomorrow and I am still sore. My body feels like I had a crazy workout. It hurts all over. I guess that is the after effects of the lipo. My tummy feels strange too. It's itchy and weird. It is still very hard. Better than before but still not soft. My inner thighs are still bruised too. Today is my first day back at my part time. I tried my best to stay home BUT I have to get back to paying the bills. I'm still so concerned with my butt but what can I do:/. Did anyone go back to work as quick as I did and still get good results? Anyhow...thank you everyone for your support. It is much appreciated. :)

You look good doll, happy healing
Thank you hon:). Good luck getting I'm contact with Duran. Btw...the girls are usually there bright and early 7-9ish.

What a transformation!

Although I'm a tad disappointed that my butt went down so much...when I compare to what i was to now and...wow! I can't believe how different I am. I am so happy with my results. I can't want to go back to the gym and start squatting away to get some muscle.

Where did you get your BBL done. Cuz I love your results they look natural.
Thank you hon. I went to DR with Dr Duran. I tell everyone about her. She is an absolute miracle worker. I am certain no one in the states can give you the hour glass shape that she has given me. Give her a call. You won't be disappointed!!!
U look awsome!

So happy

i am still sore on my bum. My mid section is still a tad hard but the sides are finally soft. Things are coming along:)

Nice results. I am getting tt bbl and lipo in DR nxt month. whew I have a long flight home and I am so worried about loosing my butt. Did you ever find a comfy position to sleep in?
How many days post do you plan to fly back? Oh man,....lots of pillows under my legs and on my lower back. Do not sit even to use bathroom. Do not drive.
Looking great! Did duran recommend a tt for you? We have similar tummies and she told me she doesn't recommend one for me and now I'm concerned.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon