1 week pre op...Dra Yily tt, lipo, bbl May 2, 2014/ upscale rh

Hi everyone! Ok so I've decided I want to get...

Hi everyone!

Ok so I've decided I want to get surgery done. At first I was just going to get a much needed tummy tuck after having twins. I started looking up surgeons and found out about the Brazilian butt lift. And let me just say, I want a body by Yily! I got pregnant AGAIN, and I just had my little girl Nov 2013.

I know I sound like I'm older since I already have three kids but I'm only 21. I'm a shortie I'm only 5'2 currently at 190.

So I'm back to searching for a doctor. So far I'm contemplating going to Dra Yily or Dra Baez in the Dominican Republic. Ya'll may think I'm crazy but after extensive research I like the work in the Dominican Republic better and the prices are much more affordable. Why stay in the states and get a box like body for thousands of dollars when I can go to the DR and get curves for days for only a couple thousand?

I like the work of Dra Yily de los Santos. The reviews I've seen have amazing results. My only concern is that she doesn't have the best communication, which is understandable seeing as though she is very busy. Also I've heard mixed reviews on her attitude. Some say she is really sweet and others say she has a bad attitude. I'm not sure if she has the bad attitude or the person that is writing the review seeing as I don't know either of them. On the other hand there is not one bad review that I have found for Dra Australia Fragoso Baez. Every review that I have read says she's very sweet. However, I haven't seen very many before and after photo's of her work, only a few. Dra Yily supposedly does atleast 3 patients a day whereas Dra Baez only does 1. I don't want to be rushed and have any complications or mistakes as others have commented. Apparently someone posted there was recently a death under the care of Yily, but Yily quickly put that rumor to rest on her Facebook page.

I've recently requested info from both doctors. I filled out the request form on Dra Yily's website around the 22nd of January. I then emailed both doctors and doctor Duran on January 29th. Dra Duran's email was invalid or something because the email did not go through. I have yet to hear back from Dra Yily. I just got a quote for $3800 from Dra Baez today Feb 2nd.

Her response:

Hello

Thank you for thinking of me for an evaluation of plastic surgery, for realization of all the surgeries you requested the most important thing is that you must be healthy and the cardiologist must approve that we can perform all procedures. Price for the surgeries that you are requesting tummy tuck, liposculture to abdomen, waist, back, flanks plus Brazilian butt lift (including hips) is US$3800 dollars, which includes:

-Airport pick up

-evaluation by plastic surgeon
-Chest X-ray
-EKG
-Cardiovascular evaluation
- Laboratory exams
-Anesthesia
-Surgeries
-Overnight stay in the clinic
-First compressive garment
-Free of charge follow ups

-Medication post-surgery (antibiotics and analgesics)
- Lymphatic drain massages and ultrasound massages are not included , cost is 300 dollars extra

You must be less than 180 pounds or around that in order to have surgery and diminish risk of complications. Dates are available for summer time. If you have any clinical condition you must obtain clearance from your doctor, if you smoke you must quit two months before surgery and have clearance of your pulmonologist. The amount of fat transfer to your buttocks depends on how many cc can be extracted with liposuction. Your results also depend on your hemoglobin level if you want to get excellent results you really have to be healthy and no anemia and please ask your primary can doctor to take some blood test like glycaemia, full blood cell count and creatinine at least to know if you can have all surgeries done. You can begin to take vitamins once your surgery appointment is near (Iron, Vitamin C and B12 plus Folic acid are very helpful).

Important info:

Your date for surgery is important because I work from Monday to Friday (days for surgery are from Tuesday to Thursday). I just have one patient per day, you also have to arrive one day before surgery to be evaluated and have lab work done, and if you are arriving early it is better for you because lab test can be done from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm.

Medication included in you package are antibiotics, analgesics and gastric protection medication, all drugs provided are given to take by mouth, but you will have to buy Enoxaparin, water pill and creams for bruises and any other medication not previously included, medicines aren’t expensive here so you will spend less than 150 dollars. Massages are not included. You should bring compression socks to wear them after surgery. Your compressive garment included is a Fajate or Mariae’s brand item if you want one more garment cost 120-150 dollars. You will need to buy a stage two faja 5-7 days after your surgery so if you want you can bring one or buy it here in a faja store.

I work with a team, my cardiologist will evaluate you and my anesthesiologist will examine you and discuss what type of anesthesia suits you right, you might have epidural block or general anesthesia. Anesthesiologist and cardiologist have the last word about how many procedures can be done safely on you.

If you are aiming to have a breast augmentation, there are several brands of breast implants but all are silicone gel cohesive, texturized implants (Silimed, Eurosilicone, and Donasis) depending on the brand you choose then your quote might be lower or higher, (Silimed is the most expensive brand as we do not have mentor implants anymore). If you have breast surgery at the same time with Brazilian Butt lift, you have to know that you could face some issues with the projection and volume of your butt after surgery as you will have to sleep over your back.

PLASTIC SURGERY IS NOT THE SAME AS WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY; YOU HAVE TO BE INSIDE NORMAL RANGE OF BMI (BODY MASS INDEX) OR JUST OVERWEIGHT TO HAVE SURGERY. IF YOU SMOKE OR USE ADDICTIVE DRUGS YOU MUST QUIT THEM ONE OR TWO MONTHS BEFORE SURGERY AND TWO MONTHS AFTER TOO IN ORDER TO GET GOOD RESULTS AND NO COMPLICATIONS. PLASTIC SURGERIES ARE FOR HEALTHY PEOPLE OR THOSE WHO HAVE ANY CLINICAL CONDITION BUT ARE UNDER CONTROL, IF YOU HAVE ANY DISEASE YOU HAVE TO CONSULT AND GET APPROVAL OF YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE SURGERY.

We are located in Santo Domingo (capital of the country), Dominican Republic; the nearest airport is Las Americas International Airport (SDQ). I work at Instituto de Cirugia Especializada, the clinic is placed in Gazcue neighborhood (Address is Bolivar Avenue 208, suite 405, 4th floor), and it is near to hotels and colonial zone; my cellphone number is 18098908143 and office number 18096899342. If you need transportation or a recovery house, there are several in Santo Domingo areas; I don’t work with an exclusive recovery house and i don’t have a preferred one, these recovery house are near clinic: Yasmin, Armonia and Daisy. You can hire a taxi driver at a recovery house, from my office or from yellow pages, a round trip from my office to the place you are staying it costs about 10 dollars. Recovery houses are the best place to stay as they can offer all services but some patients don’t feel fine staying there. You can stay in a hotel but you will need to come with someone else so that person can take care of you. You will need to come to my office for follow up 2-3 times during your stay in the country.

You will have to stay in Santo Domingo from 10 -14 days depending on the surgeries you will get. You will be able to get back to your work in two weeks (average). I know some English but I can’t speak fluently, my assistant will help me in your evaluation to have a better communication.

Quotes are good for 6 months after that cost might change or some items could not be included. I just accept payment in cash (US dollars) for your surgery. It is not necessary to deposit to my bank account to lock a surgery date, you just have to confirm your surgery 3 weeks before traveling here but you can if you are willing to do it. You can transfer total cost of your surgery if you are willing to when your date of surgery is close.

I don’t have paypal account and I don’t like to receive money by western union as I don’t have enough time to get the money. Once you deposit the money you can send me an email and i will confirm that everything is ok. If you have a problem and you need to have your deposit I will charge you some money for transfer and electronic consults (around 100 dollars) but the rest I can send it back to you. Questions or doubts about the price or the elements included in your surgery package just email and I will reply as fast as I can but please try to send all of them in just one email in order to make things easier for me as I receive several emails in just one day.

Sincerely,

Australia Fragoso Baez, MD.
Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.

I'm happy with her quote I want to see Yily's quote before deciding. Also if any of you ladies are a Baez Doll please send me pics. I would love to see.

As for now I will be focusing on getting down to a goal weight of 140-160 before surgery. I plan to schedule a date for around June 3rd so I have enough time to recover for my cruise in September. I will keep you guys updated.

EMPIRE OF BARBIES YILY (Facebook Page)

This is my third time sending an email to Yily. I know Im so impatient but im very anxious. The first time I messaged her was around the 22nd of Jan and still no response. I came across her facebook page (she has a few of them) which said to be patient because she has a new system coming out that will help generate faster replies. So I log on Facebook today and she has a link to go to the request form. I just filled it out so we will see how long it takes to get a reply. Here is the link if anyone is interested. http://drayilydelossantos.sacwebapps.com/form.aspx I believe you have to be logged into Facebook to view this.

Quote from Yily Yayy!! $4500 for TT, BBL and Lipo $5200 to add breast lift

I finally received a quote from Yily. She sent me an email this morning asking me for my information which I thought I already gave 3 times but maybe she didn't get it I don't know. So I sent the information again hoping she doesn't take another week to respond but she responded right away. Her quote was (I provide whole email because I always wondered what exactly was said but nobody ever puts the whole email):

Thank you for contacting the office of Dra. Yily de los Santos.

We appreciate your inquiry and have prepared the quote below based on the information you have provided us. We have also included relevant information on the requested procedures and as well as important things you should know before and after surgery. Please read through the email and feel free to reach out to us should you require additional information. We look forward to help you achieve your dream body. Kindly note all prices quoted throughout this email are in US dollars. The quote is valid for 6 months. Quotes are not negotiable.

Please read this message entirely before asking questions, as you may already find the answer in the information provided below.

Quote Total: $4,500

The above quote total includes the following procedures:

· Liposuction of the abdomen, full back, flanks and waist

· Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)

· Tummy Tuck

Quote Total: $5,200

The above quote total includes the following procedures:

· Liposuction of the abdomen, full back, flanks and waist

· Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)

· Tummy Tuck

· Breast Lift

Also included in the quote total are the following:

· One compression garment (distributed by SILIMED)

· Pre-operative blood work (TTP, HIV, Hbs, HCV, BASAL GLYCEMIA,GLYCEMIA, UREA, SERUM CREATININE, FULL BLOOD COUNT, VDRL, BLOOD TYPE Y RH)

· EKG test performed by our resident cardiologist

· Anesthesiologist Fee (Epidural Block)

· Clinic and Surgery Fees (room, operating room, nurses, IVs, 3 meals, surgical assistants, etc).

Optional Costs:

· Lymphatic massages $31 each session (10 sessions suggested)

· Additional garment $140

· Compression sleeves for your arms $60

· Compression Socks $20

· Blood Transfusion $250

· Medical Insurance. It covers any complication that may present within the first 30 days after surgery. $150

Medications:

The following medications will be prescribed to you after surgery. The costs of these medications are not included in your quote total. You may purchase these medications at any local pharmacy here for approximately $250 or in your country. Please note some medications and/or doses may not be available in your country without a prescription.

· HEPARIN 40 MG: Subcutaneous injection 1 per day for 8 days.

This medication is prescribed to prevent blood clots.

· CLAVULIN (CLAVULANIC ACID AND AMOXICILINE) 1GR: Take 1 every 24 hours for 10 days.

This medication is an antibiotic prescribed to combat infection.

· RONEX: Take 2 tablets together the first 3 days every 6 hours, then at 4th day

Take 1 every 8 hours for 10 days.

· FINITACID (ESOMEPRAZOL) 40 MG: Take 1 every 12 hours for 10 days.

This medication is prescribed to combat heartburn and acid reflux

· FERROUS SULFATE: Take 1 tablet every 12 hours for 30 days.

This medication is commonly known as IRON. It is prescribed to combat iron deficiency.

· THROMBOCID OR ARNICA CREAM: Apply on the operated area 2 times a day for 10 days.

This cream is prescribed to combat bruising and swelling.

· VITAMIN C 500 MG: Take 1 tablet every 12 hours for a month.

· FOLIC ACID 10 MG: Take 2 tablets per day for 15 days.

Before Surgery:

· Your Hemoglobin Level must be no less than 12.0. Start taking vitamins, B complex, ferrous sulfate (Iron), folic acid & vitamin C approx. 3 weeks prior to your scheduled surgery date. No prospective patient will be operated on if their hemoglobin level is not at least 12.0

· Your Body Mass Index (BMI) needs to be below 35. So the anesthesiologist can work with you.

· Pre-operative test will be completed at our clinic either the day before your surgery or the morning of your surgery. We will not under any circumstances accept pre-operative test results conducted outside of our clinic.

· It is recommended you visit a cardiologist prior to your scheduled surgery date. You want to ensure you take every measure to ensure you are in good health before your surgery. The tests you want to have done are an EKG & radiography.

· It is also recommended you have blood work done prior to scheduled surgery date. Again you want to ensure you are healthy enough to have surgery. The tests you want to have done are Creatinine, Glucose, full blood count & Hematocrit.

· Stop smoking and/or taking drugs.

· It is recommended you have a doctor or nurse available in your country to drain your liquids if needed upon your return.

Booking a date for surgery:

Select the date you would like to have surgery. Send us an email with the date you have selected and your full name. We will advise if the date is available, if not we will provide you with options. We recommend you plan your date accordingly, allowing yourself to remain in the country for two weeks. If you cannot stay two weeks, you must stay for minimum of 10 days so we can guarantee that you leave without risk. Please take into account the procedures you want to have. The more procedures you have, the longer you should stay. In order to confirm and guarantee your surgery date, you must secure your date with a deposit of $300(NON-REFUNDABLE). A deposit via bank wire is required as a show of good faith that you are serious about having surgery. In the past we have scheduled patients for surgery who did not show up. We apologize we cannot guarantee a surgery date without a deposit. Verbal confirmation a date is available for surgery does not guarantee you that date. Surgeries are scheduled on first come basis when the deposit is made. Once your deposit is made please send me an email with a photo attached of the wire transfer confirmation. The deposit date and amount must be visible. I will respond to your email confirming your date is guaranteed. You must provide proof of your wire confirmation on the day of your surgery. If you do not provide proof the amount will not be deducted from your surgery fee.

Your wire transfer MUST include the following info:

Patient’s Full name & Date of surgery

Wire Transfer Information:

Banco de Reservas de la República Dominicana

Recipient: Yily Loramny De Los Santos Rosario

Account Number: 200-02-280-001088-7

Swift Code: BRRDDOSD

Office: San Soucí

Adress: Naval 27 de Febrero, Av. España, esq. Av. Boulevard del faro, Los Mameyes.

Zip Code: 11603

Phone: 809-788-9696

What to bring:

· You will need to provide identification with a photo in order to complete your admission. (Government issued ID, Passport or Driver’s License)

· You need to bring loose clothes. Example maxi dress, sweats, button down shirt, etc.

· T-Shirt/tank top to wear under your garment.

· Box of baby wipes

· Kotex (menstrual pads). Thick ones. (To be placed under your garment to provide cushion)

· Socks

· IF YOU NEED ANY DISCHARGE PAPER AFTER SURGERY, PLEASE AKS FOR IT AT LEAST 4 DAYS BEFORE LEAVING SANTO DOMINGO, OTHERWISE WE WON’T PROVIDE IT.

Where to stay:

We recommend you stay at Upscale Recovery House, San Souci’s Luxury Recovery House. Please visit their website, www.UpscaleRH.com, for complete details including pricing.

About the procedures:

The day of surgery

You have to fast the day of surgery so don't eat or drink anything but water. You have to be in the clinic at 7 am, you’ll have the test done, the consultation with me and then the surgery. One of my assistant will be with me to translate and for a better communication.

After surgery

I will give you instructions and recommendations for your recovery. You will stay 1 night in the clinic. You have to wear the garment for 3 months and can’t spend more than 45 minutes a day without it during these months.

Anesthesia

We usually use continuous epidural block. Although some patients prefer general anesthesia, it is at the discretion of the anesthesiologist. He is a trusted professional and knows what anesthesia is the best for each patient.

Breast Augmentation

The implants are placed under the muscle. The stitches are absorbable; they do not need to be removed. I do not transfer fat to breast because of the issue of breast cancer.

Tummy tuck

The tummy tuck scar/incision is 4cm from the pubic line. I use stitches that dissolve, so they do not have to be removed. I cannot tell you how many inches your waist will be reduced as that is dependent on your diastasis and the separation of your muscles. This will be determined during surgery. Your abdomen muscles will be repaired as part of this procedure. You will have a drain after surgery that will collect excess fluid. This drain will be removed in 7-14 days, depending on your recovery. Please note it is recommended you wait at least 1 year to get pregnant after having this procedure.

BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift)

This procedure entails grafting fat from other areas of your body and injecting it into your buttocks. I cannot determine how much fat I can graft before surgery. The amount of fat injected in the buttocks will depend on how much fat your buttocks can accept and your hip size. The fat will be injected in all directions as long as it does not compress the sciatic nerve. Too much fat injected in the buttocks can cause necrosis or form abscesses. This mainly occurs when the patient does not have proper post-op care. After having a BBL you CAN sit on your butt and sleep on your back.

Important notice about BBLs: Most of the butts in the “wish pics” that some of my patients send me are made of PMMA. I do not use PMMA. Due to a high infection rate, I do not use butt implants. I solely do fat grafting and inject the fat in the buttock. I will always try to give my patients their desired results, but we have to be aware that there are limits when injecting fat.

Additional Info:

Airport

· The name of the airport is Aeropuerto de las Americas located on Av. Las Americas.

· Airport Code: SDQ

Transportation to the clinic

· If you stay at a Recovery House, they will pick you up from the airport and take you to the clinic.

· If you want to go to the clinic by yourself , the address is:

Av. Pedro Henriquez Urena 137 between Av. Abraham Lincoln and Av. Tiradentes. Suite 208

UGH Im so torn

Torn in between the two! I don't know who to go with. I don't really want to research anymore doctors because it will make the decision more difficult. But at the same time I want to research more doctors and maybe I will find someone who is amazing, affordable and nice.

I want to go with Yily because I love the waist she gives. She gives a nice butt but not too too big. The tummy tuck scars look better than most ive seen. I only saw a few of her boob jobs, one was pretty good the rest I cant remember but everyone else is saying don't do it so I wont risk it lol. She takes on atleast 3 patients a day and some people are saying 6. Also some say she isn't the nicest, but you can take everyone's word for truth.

On the other hand Baez is supposedly nicer and she's 700 cheaper. I cant be 100 percent certain if she will get the job done because although all her reviews are 5 star, most don't have pictures. She doesn't charge a deposit to hold the date which is great and she only does 1 surgery a day. Everyone says she really listens to the patient.

My husband says he wants me to go with Baez, but im kind of leaning towards Yily. When I explain it to him I say do you want me to go with the nicer, cheaper, average body (Baez) or do you want me to have a bangin body, more expensive, and possibly mean (Yily) and he says Baez.

Upscale Recovery House Dominican Republic

Ok Yily mentioned this recovery house in her email. I think I want to stay here. It is a bit expensive if you stay in a room by yourself $100. The deposit is $100 which is fully refundable if you cancel 10 days prior. I guess it was founded by one of the realself members who got a body by Yily user name NJPRBeauty. Her review and a few others are why I was thinking about Yily in the first place. It looks really clean and has everything I would need, including a 24 hour ambulance which gives me peace of mind. Anyone else thinking of going to get surgery around June 5th? Either by Yily, Baez or anyone else.

Healing Haven Recovery House Dominican Republic

This recovery house is a little cheaper than the one mentioned above. It still looks pretty nice to me. Its worth considering.

I think I may go with Yily

Yily does a better waist and tummy tuck incision in my opinion. I still cannot find many reviews on Baez. Although her price is great and she has 5 star review I don't know if I can risk not getting what I want. I feel like I MAY have a better shot with Yily. No I'm not saying Baez is bad or anything I just cannot find enough pictures to really give me peace of mind. A picture is worth a thousand words and Yily has all the pictures all though Baez does have all 5 star reviews. Here are a few pictures of Yily's tummy tuck. I think this is what I'm looking for, right along the pubic line.

Random thoughts

All of you ladies waiting to her back from Yily please check your Junk box in your email. I am not the only one who has gotten an email from Yily sent to junk mail.

One of the quotes I found was for liposuction and tummy tuck alone and she quoted me $4000.

Ok I'm thinking about switching my date. Since I will probably have to take out a loan why not do it sooner than later. I'm getting tired of looking at myself in the mirror. I also want to get a job when I get back from vacation in mid march. I'm sure they wont let me take off for surgery in June and a cruise in September. I'm thinking end of march, but idk if I can loose the weight by then. So Maybe April or May. I'm not sure what to do but I will keep you guys updated.

Water Fasting

I decided to start water fasting today. I was going to start next week but I got braces on Wednesday and my mouth hurts. I thought I would take the opportunity to water fast.

Through extensive research I found out that excess toxins store in your fat. If your liver cannot process them your body will store them in the fat cells. Your body may have a hard time getting rid of the fat because of excess toxins. In order to relieve your body of toxins you can do a number of detoxes. The fastest way to detox your body is through water fasting. It takes approximately 3 months with juice fasting to do what you can with water fasting in 3 weeks. Water fasting also allows your body to heal itself.

Always consult with your doctor and do research before starting any weight loss program. This information is what I believe to be true through my research. You have to research for yourself to determine if this is correct.

I have read that the first 3 days are the toughest. You get headaches and things like that. After the 3rd day your body starts to burn fat. Whether it burns muscle too is up for questioning. After the 3rd day it is supposed to be easier. Once you feel hungry again listen to your body. You do not want to break a water fast by binge eating. Slowly eat an apple then after a few hours eat another one (doesn't have to be apple just an example). They say for every 5 days of detoxing you need 1 day to come off the fast. So if I fast for 5 days the 6th day I will not eat a full meal on day 7 I can eat full meal. I recommend fasting for 1 or 2 days to start and work your way up from there. Remember always listen to your body. If you need to eat especially after the first 3 days do so.

Ok so starting off on my journey here are my stats:

Day 1
Weight 191.6 Pounds
Body fat 74.1 Pounds
Body fat % 38.7%
BMI 35.3in
Bust 43.5in (varies depending on bra)
Waist 34 (smallest part of stomach)
High Hip 44 (belly button/overhang of stomach)
Hip 44 (fullest part of butt)

I don't know how long I will detox for since I listen to my body. I will keep you guys updated on my journey. If you decide to do it let us know your stats. Also be prepared to brush and shower and extra time each day. Like I said its a detox and the toxins will come through your skin and stuff. You will know its working lol.

Spa Med JM Recovery house

Another recovery house I found a lot of people talking about. Not sure of prices though. Someone said it was $880 for 10 days and $440 if you bought a friend. You have to ask though.

Yasmins Recovery house

The quote on the site said $280 for June 4 through the 18th which is when I may go, plus $34 fee. It only accommodates 1 person and the reviews seem to be decent. There are a few other homes in the area on that site that are pretty cheap too.

Epic Fail

I didn't even last a day lol. Today was one of the worst days ever. I haven't been so stressed in a while. My yily deposit money got spent because usps didn't ship my package. I sell virgin Brazilian Remy hair and a client didn't get her package. I try to do the right thing and overnight her more hair so she can make her appointment tomorrow morning. FedEx charges an arm and a leg to do am overnight shipping on sat. Anyways by the time dinner came around that spaghetti was calling my name. I will try again another time. On a positive note i weighed 190.8 so i almost lost a pound from 1 day of fasting. Probably gained it back eating cake though lol. Stress doesn't mix with fasting!

Water fast Update

Yesterday was a pretty good day. The girl who ordered the hair from me loved it so much her friends bought some so now I have the deposit for Yily again. I was able to fast the whole day and despite the fact that I failed the first day, I ended up loosing a lot of weight. Here are my stats:

Yesterday Today
Day 2/3
Weight 189.2 pounds 185 Pounds
Body fat 72.8 pounds 70.1Pounds
Body fat % 38.5% 37.9%
BMI 34.8 34
Bust 43.5in 43.5in (varies depending on bra)
Waist 34in 33.5in (smallest part of stomach)
High Hip 43.5in (belly button/overhang of stomach)
Hip 44in 43.5in (fullest part of butt)

Without the overhang I would be classified hourglass. Waist is exactly 10in smaller than the bust and hip. I know my butt don't look good in those panties but its not that bad. I just decided to send pictures to Yily for a quote and it happened to be a day when I ran outta my sexy underwear lol. My butt, like my boobs have been bigger at one point and have a little excess skin. That is why I need a butt lift and breast lift. Also who wouldn't want to be perkier lol. I will post more pics of my body when I get closer to the date of sx.

frustrated!!

I don't understand why dra yily doesn't take Paypal or western union. Bank wire transfers are too much hassle and too expensive. My bank is going to charge me about 50 dollars to send her a deposit. Dr baez is looking really good right now she doesn't charge a deposit. If it weren't for yilys amazing results i would be switching doctors right now.

On a good note i found a sx buddy!! Her name is hermosa14. Were debating on recovery houses at the moment. We booked our flights and are having surgery on May 2nd I'm super excited. Now i gotta start getting my supplies and my passport.

Im down to 185 which is a great accomplishment considering i was 223 mid November 2013. I'm pushing for atleast 160 pray for me y'all!

Supplies

I finally sent my deposit to Yily. The bank charged me $46 I feel like I've been robbed lol.

I've started collecting my supplies so far I have:
2 Organic coconut water $7.98 (help with dehydration and blood transfusion)
travel laundry detergent $3.53
First aid kit $3.99 which has
-bandages
-gauze
-Neosporin
Melatonin $4.99 (aids in sleeping)
2 packs Feminine wipes $2.29 + $2.87
Scar Away $13.99
Bandage tape $1.51 (for gauze)
Thick overnight pads $10.25

All these items I got from the local commissary. This is just the start of the items I have gotten. I will post more as I get them.

Debating on Recovery homes

Ok so me and my buddy Hermosa14 are debating on recovery homes. So far we like upscale recovery home, I also like healing haven since its cheaper. Upscale has everything included in the price Healing Haven doesn't. This may be an inconvenience for some but it could be an option to others. I am thinking maybe I should stay half and half. This way I have everything I need for the fist week after surgery and when I am feeling better switch to save some money. I am waiting on quotes from other recovery houses. We may stay with chaross22 at Real Recovery Armonia if they get back to us with a good deal. Anyway here are the calculations I was doing for any of you who are debating too.

Hotel: $50 each
Stay May 1st

Cipla: Included
Stay May 2nd

Upscale (10-15mins from clinic): $900 3bed /$1025 2bed each
Stay May 3rd-May 16th (13 nights- could check in a day early since it’s free for the 7th day but we would still be in Cipla)
Special buy 6 nights get 7th free - $100 Deposit fully refundable if canceled 10 days prior
• 24 Hour nurse
• Transportation to clinic
• 24 Hour ambulance
-Additional services
• Roundtrip transportation to airport $50
• Massage $25 per session (10 sessions recommended)
Healing Haven: $396 2bed twin /$594 2bed full each
Stay May 3rd- May 16th (13 nights)
Special Buy 5 nights 6th free, 10% off total room charge and $5 off massages if booked by 2/28/14 -$150 deposit $100 cancelation fee
• Air condition
• Breakfast
• Computer
• In house phone use
-Additional services
• Airport Pick up or drop off $35 each ($50, $20each additional or both flat rate $75each)
• Trip to clinic $15 each ($20, $10each additional, I think you need 4)
• Massages $30 per session (10 sessions recommended, after $5 discount)
• Lunch and dinner $25 per day total $275
• Laundry $25 per week
• Cell phone rental $25 whole stay
• Personal overnight nurse $40 night
• Mandatory Paypal fee of around $45
Both Upscale and Healing Haven: $653 cheapest/ $803 most expensive
Stay upscale May 3rd- May 10th (7 nights)- $450 3bed/ $510 2bed
Stay Healing Haven May 10th- May 16th (6 nights)- $180 twin bed/ $270 +23 Paypal fee

Been MIA for awhile

There is so much to update you guys on. First off I have 3 sx buddies sharing the same date, hermosa14 who's flying in and out with me and chaross22 and journey2 who are leaving earlier. I would recommend getting an sx buddy it makes things much more comforting. Journey2 calls me all the time and I feel like we're best friends and it eases my nerves. We exchange info because supply lists can get confusing. We all decided to stay at upscale rh. I've already put my deposit down to secure my date.

I've made arrangements for my mom to watch my kids while I'm gone. All flights are booked.

I got my hemoglobin checked and it was 14.1. I'm still going to double up on the iron. I had a hard time losing weight and am still 185. I have ordered most of my supplies. I just need antiseptic spray, ab board and compression socks and I believe I have everything else. I'll try to remember to post pics of everything I have. I'm debating on whether I should get my medicine here or in the dr. I decided to wait on the faja because I don't know what size I need. I will just get it from yily after the sx. My buddies are thinking about hiring a personal nurse. I'll keep you updated on that. I'm such a big baby I'll probably need one.

I applied for my passport today. I went to the military installation to get it. They told me I should receive it in a week or less. I paid an extra $60 to get it expedited.

I've heard about the recent yily death. I am so sorry for the girl and my prayers go out to the family. Accidents happen and it could happen to anyone. I just don't understand why no one apologized. Anytime there is a death everyone is so quick to say it wasn't me, or its not my fault. The least you could do is apologize, don't sweep it under the rug. With that being said yes I'm scared. I was already scared and that made it worse. I picked yily because I thought she was the best doctor at the time. Now I can't be sure. All I can say is my money is already spent so I'm going. There's no going back now. When I get there, if I feel the slightest bit uncomfortable I will be catching the $10 bus to Punta Cana and chilling for 2 weeks. Yes I would love to have an amazing body but I love my life and my family more. If things don't go as planned today there's always another day. Hopefully everything goes according to plan and there ain't no bs. I guess we'll see in two weeks.

So Anxious

All I can think about is surgery. I'm so nervous since I gained some weight. My cousin got stationed here and he's always taking me out. I gained about 10 pounds and got up to 196 I'm back down to 192 and still need to lose atleast 7 pounds to be where I started. Considering I was 223 end of November 192 doesn't seem so bad. I need my bmi below 35 to even have the surgery my bmi is 35.6 right now. I'm water fasting to get the extra weight off in a hurry. It's so hard but I gotta do it. I'll let you ladies know how it goes. In the meantime still waiting on my passport and I just ordered my abdominal board. I got the hexagonal board from inthepinkroom.com I paid about 42 after taxes and shipping. The hexagonal board was a little bigger than the others and since I'm a bigger girl I figured it should work better. I did see abdominal boards on carribeanshape.com lipoexpress.com and a few other places. Every place had $11 shipping which is insane. I just had to bite the bullet and get it over with. Besides the things I will buy from yily ( compression socks, compression garment and compression sleeve), that was the last thing on the list. At first I wasn't gonna get it because I thought it did the same job as the lipo foam but I was mistaken. The board helps flatten your tummy and the lipo foam gives compression and helps with bruising and swelling. I'm hoping the board will help my tummy flatten since I have doubts that surgery alone will do it. I'm trying to have realistic expectations considering where I'm starting from. That's why I picked yily because I have faith that she will get me as close to the body I desire. I'll be flying out next Wednesday but my flight doesn't arrive to Santo Domingo until Thursday. I will have upscale pick me up and take me to the clinic and if all goes well I will be having surgery that Friday. If not I'll be on the $10 bus to Punta Cana and on groupon searching for a good deal on a vacation package. It seems like groupon always has a good deal in punta cana. Anyways wish me well guys!

Good luck with your surgery! Best wishes!!
Thanks so much!
Thank you!
Thank you for sharing your journey, May 2, is right around the corner. I have a date for May 7th and I booked the recovery house for 10 days hope to see you there.
Which recovery house are you staying with?
Upscale
Yea well definitely be seeing each other I'm leaving on May 16th
I'll be leaving in the 17th, I'm staying for 10 days.
Who knows we might be roommates she told me there was 2 rooms left before we booked and 1 had a girl in it already so she split us up 2 and 2
I am praying for you and your SX buddies. May God continue to Bless you! Can't wait to see your results..... : )
Thanks so much
Thanks for all the information. Extremely helpful. I look forward to following your journey! Best wishes
Good luck 2u. I also had a baby the end of last year....Also 5'2"and started out around the same weight! Can't wait 2c your results!
Thanks... I can't wait to see my results too I'll keep you guys updated
Hi Ladies..... Please google her and the clinic name and find out additonal information on her and CIPLA. You may be surprised. May God be with you my sistah!
Hope everything went well with you. Please keep us posted. Today is your surgery day. Wish you the best and a fast recovery.
O no sorry seen your date it was for may. Not bad :) . Is your date still in place for may 2?
Yea I'm still going in May I just haven't had time to update my post I've been so busy I'll definitely keep you guys posted with pics when I do
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Have you checked into Armonia recovery house
Yea they have a fb page with all the information. It seems pretty nice it's on a beach front. My buddies and I decided on upscale rh tho
Are you booked with Baez or yily ?
Dra Yily... I'm sending her my deposit next week to conform the date
Oo okay good luck my friend is going to her May 12th