Aug 3, 2015 Beauty Warrior!!! #drmiami

Ok Ladies! So I've had the TT, the BA and lipo and...

Ok Ladies! So I've had the TT, the BA and lipo and I'm ready to complete my transformation! Just to recap, I've lost close to 150 pounds over the course of the last two years and I was left with very loose saggy skin. In May of 2013, I had a TT and BA and absolutely loved my results. You can see my review on that journey by searching my profile. I'm currently bodybuilding with a local trainer and trying to improve upon my results. I believe that having more lipo to contour my upper body and waistline would be perfect and if I could get the day grafted to my hips and thighs then I would be more balanced. Right now, as you can tell from my pictures, I have a very athletic build. My shoulders are broad and my upper body is larger than my lower body. This leaves me with a less than feminine appearance in my opinion. My legs are very shapely but my rear is barely there and my hips are really narrow. Most of the surgeons I have consulted with don't believe I have enough fat to make a difference because my hips are so narrow and my butt is so sadly flat! Lol. But I've seen such great results from some of the overseas surgeons. Anyway. So here is where my journey begins.

I have sent pictures off to Yily, Baez, Duran, Contreras. So far, I've gotten the following quotes:

Yily: 3500

Contreras: 2500

Baez: still waiting

Duran: still waiting

I've asked for full body lipo l, aggressive contouring of the waist and grafting of the fat to the hips and rear.

So far, I haven't been told to gain or lose weight. I'm also asking what each price includes. Contreras has responded with what is extra and what is included. I'm still waiting to hear from the others.

I'd love to hear what you all think. I've been following the BBL board for awhile and know that there are positives and negatives associated with surgery out of the states. Right now, I'm struggling with balancing cost and safety against the more aggressive results I'm seeing from the overseas doctors.

As a plastic surgery vet, I know surgery is tough, but I also don't want to waste money on a physician that won't deliver the type of results I want.

Eat Right. Exercise. Repeat

Truly...just following these very simple rules can make your recovery so much easier. By no means are a clean diet and exercise a guarantee against complications but I KNOW that it's true that the better shape you are in, the easier time you will have recovering!!!

Still waiting on Duran!

Arm Lift

Just heard back from Baez. She said not to lose anymore weight but she said further lipo of my arms will make them much worse. They are not fat, they are just big from my loose saggy skin. I asked for her price for bbl, arm lift and liposculpture. She said I could definitely do all three at once. Looks like I'm in for at least one more round of 'big' surgery.

Yily Quote is in

So I asked Yily if she would add on an arm lift to my package and she said yes. 4000.00 for bbl, arm lift and lipo. What say you, Divas? Good deal or do I keep waiting on Baez? Baez hasn't given me a date or a quote still but she said she could take me around August or September 2014.

Surgery scheduled for April 4, 2014!!!

I guess I'm going with Dra. Yily!!!

BBL vets...a question

Will working out hard ruin my results?

I've seen a few posts that suggest that exercise will result in the loss of the injected fat. It makes sense. But that would be a deal breaker for me.

I'm very athletic and don't imagine that changing. Am I wasting my money going for the bbl? Are implants my only option?

So Yily says I don't have sufficient fat...

Ok. So here is what she said:

"Your doctosr was right, you don't have enough fat for a BBL, the change wouldn't be a lot, and you have some depressions on your buttocks that need to be filled out."

So I'm going to keep exploring my options. I'm not willing to gain weight for this procedure. I'm going to keep looking for a doctor who can help me...

So it's been awhile....

But I got a quote from Salama and I think I'm going to pay my deposit!!!

Shopping around

Salama quoted me 9500 and said to gain 10 pounds.

Salzhaur quoted me 8500 and said gain 5-10 pounds.

Both recognize I need extensive flank lipo and hips!!!

Salzhauer booked!

Deposit paid! I'm thinking I'll go in February!!!!

I'm ready to trade this boxy shape in for some curves!!!!

February 11, 2015!

Date secured! I turn 40 on Feb 9 and I'll fly to Miami on Feb 10!!! # excited!

About 5 months until my bbl.

I'm so excited to see so many Salzhauer patients updating with such fabulous results. 5 months seems a long way away but time flies for sure. I'm going to stay focused on getting in the best shape I can get into for this surgery.

I ran 7 miles yesterday and lifted and ran another 3 today. Meals are prepped for the week and I think I'll put my surgery date on my iPhone countdown calendar!!

Wondering if I should have gone with Salama?!?

I'm getting closer to my date but seeing way more satisfied Salama patients these days. Did I make a mistake?!?

Uggghhhh!!!!

79 days and counting!

I'm trying to tighten up and tone. The more I do so, the more my booty vanishes! Lol. I'm looking forward to having this back fat gone and getting this waistline refined!

Received my pre op orders for my primary care physician.

I'm going to book my preop today and get it on the calendar for mid January.

Looking for a surgery buddy! Bal Harbour,FL Feb 10-15, 2015

Hey Divas! I'm getting ready to book my accommodations. I'm having surgery with Dr. Salz on Feb 11, 2015. Anyone else going to be there during that time and want to share a place? I'm looking at condos and I'm trying to get my mom to come down to help with post op care. Message me if you are interested. I'm getting soooo excited!

Aug 3, 2015

I'm going! Looking for a recovery house now! Help! Anyone going to Dr. Miami around this time?!

Recent pictures

Here is a recent picture. I've definitely got upper back fat and loose skin that needs to be addressed.

Accommodations and flights booked!

I booked my accommodations and flights today. I'm very excited! The countdown is on!!! 56 days until my procedure!!!

I'm thinking I may need to hire a nurse. Any recommendations?!?

50 days and counting!

I'm getting excited! 50 more days until my procedure. I'm actually flying down to Miami the Saturday before my surgery, so I'm planning to shop for supplies once I'm there. I think I'll have plenty of time to do so on Saturday and Sunday.

I can't wait to have this waist snatched and these curves enhanced!

Time is flying and I know it will be here before I blink.

#beautywarrior

Getting excited!!

I'm really starting to get pumped up. Im so hopeful that Dr. Miami can improve my curves! I need this waist snatched!!!

Medical clearance scheduled for July 10 so I'll do my bloodwork on July 6. I have to have it done within 30 days of my procedure and in by July 13 or 3 weeks prior to my surgery.

I recently had to have another medical procedure that wasn't cosmetic surgery related and I'm hoping to be fully healed up. I'm optimistic!

Anyone else going to be seeing Dr. Miami that week?! Let me know so we can connect!!!

41 days!

Working out...eating right....dreaming of a snatched waistline and hoping that Dr. Miami can deliver!

Just started a 21 day waist wellness and raw vegan challenge. I'm not trying to lose weight but I do want to be as healthy as possible going into surgery on August 3! It's a journey!!!

26 days and counting!

I have my medical clearance appointment this coming Friday. My clearance is due on Monday. My pre op appointment is scheduled for 7/20.

I'm ready. I guess I should start buying a few supplies!

Medical clearance done!

Everything went smoothly despite a mix up at the lab. My hemo level was above 12 and my primary physician cleared me.

So my next big date is 8/20 when I have my preop and Skype consult! I'm going to be a beauty warrior in about 20 days!!!!

Preop call @ 2:30 pm today

I'm exactly 14 days away from my procedure. I have my preop call today at 2:30 and I'm getting very excited! I'm hoping my doctor will have fat to work with. He told me the other day that I need to eat!

I think I'm going to wait until I get to Miami to buy stuff. I don't want to bother with taking all that stuff on the plane.

I need to also find someone to do my massages. Can anyone please recommend a good place to go??

Which is more important to you???

Can you ladies weigh in? Which goes farther in improving your shape? Hips or projection?? I'm not sure what to as my doctor to focus on. I feel like hips would make my waist look smaller....

Any of you have an opinion???

Pre Op is done.

My pre op went well yesterday. So here are a few things future Beauty Warriors may want to know.

1. No smoking. I was told they perform a nicotine test on your surgery day and that a positive result will mean your surgery will be cancelled.
2. Dr. Salzhauer does not recommend lymphatic massages except in certain rare cases. I specifically asked for information about massages and was told I would be given that information if the doctor determined I needed massages.
3. For BBL Dr. Salzhauer prescribes 3 antibiotics, narcotic pain meds, Xanax (for the day of surgery), and zofran for nausea related to anesthesia He recommends patients start taking arnica in pill form two weeks prior to the procedure. He does not recommend bromelin.
4. If you are contemplating any breast work (lift, implants, reduction) he requires a mammogram prior. I wanted a nipple revision, which is why this was an issue.

So I'm pretty much counting down now. I'm less than 2 weeks away from my procedure. I'm busy looking at outfits that I hope I will so be able to wear with confidence!

I'll try to check in daily from now on. Best wishes to you all!

11 days and counting!

I'm trying to get excited about my procedure, but work is crazy and here at home I've got a few things on my mind that are bringing me down. I've got a few friends going through some tough times and I'm trying to stay strong for them.

Dr. Salzhauer's concierge Taylor contacted me yesterday and coordinated my medical scripts, so that's all done. She also offered me a very generous credit for Uber which I accepted. We are renting a car (my family is coming with me) but I can see the need to uber around a bit, so the credit is helpful.

I think I'll pick up the boppy today and maybe some cheap tanks from old navy. As I said I don't want to pack heavy at all and since there are stores close to the resort where I'm staying I can get stuff I will need in Florida.

So overall, now that I'm getting close to my surgery, I'm feeling Dr. Salzhauer's office is fairly easy going and organized. And they are definitely responsive. Let's hope this continues.

Bringing Miami Heat to Maryland!

So I'm about 10 days away from my surgery! I've been debating whether or not I'll allow him to snapchat my procedure. I watch his snaps daily but I'm still on the fence. I haven't asked anyone about it in the office. Have any of you beauty warriors made the choice to snap or not to snap? What influenced your decision?

Tomorrow I will be exactly one week away from flying down to Miami. I fly out on August 1 with my family. I've got the whole squad coming with me for support!

I cannot wait to be on the other side of this and back home. I'm hoping to bring some Miami Heat back to the DMV!

Realistic expectations

My concerns:

1. I don't have enough fat.

2. My back rolls are due to excess skin and not fat.

3. My fat will be reabsorbed.

4. My waist won't wind up looking snatched!

I'm trying to remain calm and realistic with my expectations. I'm not new to plastic surgery so I know my own flaws pretty well. That said, Dr. salzhauer seems very talented and I'm seeing some amazing transformations on this site. Did any of you ladies have fears and insecurities about your future results? How did you manage those?

I'm not happy with my body with these extr pounds I've put on for surgery and as much as I know I probably need more fat, I'm still so ready to get back down to a lower weight!

One week from today!

I filled my prescriptions locally over the weekend. No issues at all from my cvs. So I've got all of my medicines and I'm packed. I'm not taking much at all in terms of clothing bc I have a washer and dryer in my condo. I'll pick up supplies on Sunday from a local Walmart or target.

I've got a very busy work week on tap and I had a very tough weekend. Lots going on with family and friends. I'm trying to not take on other people's problems too much but it's tough.

Anyway, the countdown continues!

Just a few days away!

Counting down to my flight out on Saturday. I'm looking forward to spending Saturday and Sunday lying out on the beach and soaking upmost sunshine!

Any recommendations for must see spots in the Miami or Bal Harbour areas? I really want to do some shopping at the Bal Harbour mall but from the photos I've seen, I may need to bring at least one of my chihuahuas with me. I think you must have a diva dog as an accessory to shop there!

I'm thinking of ordering the bbl pillow from www.bblpillow.com. Has anyone used it?

Surgery time confirmed: 11:30am

Tatiana just called me from the office to let me know I'm on the schedule for 11:30am on Monday!

Test

Test

Wish pics that I hope are realistic for me

Here are some pics I'm showing the doctor tomorrow. I'll post current pictures of myself later today.

What I'm working with after gaining a few pounds.

Ok. So this is what I'm going into surgery with. I hope it's enough. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning!

Just about 12 hours away!

Goodnight ladies! I've appreciated all the love and support today. I decided not to take the Xanax. I'm excited, but in a good way. I'm going to crash now. I'm actually exhausted after a busy day enjoying Miami with my family. I'm drinking as much water as I can prior to 2:30 am. I'm cut off from food and water at that time. I'll be ok with not eating but I'm worried I'll be crazy thirsty. I'm the second patient of the day tomorrow! I'm so hopeful that is a good thing!

Continued prayers for all of you on the same journey! Hugs!

Just got here!

On the other side

Somehow I made it. I'll have to type s full review later. I got back to my room around midnight. No complications but I had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia. No vomiting but I was crazy dizzy.
Dr. Miami is really nice and so is Barry his anesthesiologist. Taylor my concierge stayed in touch the entire time and my nurse Rebecca was a jewel.

Here are my before and after pictures. I haven't been up to look in the mirror. My husband says I look very curvy.

One day post op

Real self continues to suck. I typed up a long review twice and it didn't post.

Here are a few things you future beauty warriors need to know:

Salzhauer has started using drains. I have one and its putting out a lot of fluid. He said too many patients were developing seromas so he decided to start using them. I don't recall anyone telling me that before surgery. I actually saw another vet's post on real self and asked him yesterday.

My nurse came today and gave me a shower, checked my vitals and changed me into a new garment with new foams. The shower felt great although I got very dizzy and had to sit down.

I'm not having much pain. It's mainly stiffness like everyone says. I'm taking Tylenol 3 for pain and right now the worse is my headache. I'm drinking lots of water and Gatorade. I got really hungry this afternoon and my family went out and picked up some Cuban food from a spot near by. I had rice and beans and yucca. It really hit the spot. I couldn't eat a lot but I felt better once I had eaten.

I'm alternating between laying on my belly and sitting for brief periods on my bobby. I'll try to post pictures. As I said, real self was being very temperamental and keeps erasing my posts.

Super swollen...headache...ugggghhhh

Feeling like crud. The nurse says I need to eat and drink. Pray for me, ladies.

Comparison pic

Blood transfusion

I had to have a transfusion last night. The doctor recommended that I get the transfusion because of how horribly I was feeling. This surgery has been tough. The doctor and his staff were great and follow up care has been good. I'm feeling much better this morning but crazy swollen. I'm hoping to heal soon.

Day 4 post op

I feel so much better since I had the transfusion. My headaches are just about gone and my energy levels are returning. I can move around a lot better now too. I get fatigued easily and I am very swollen but I've been eating a lot of pineapple and taking my arnica and I do think it's helping. My legs, which are normally very shapely and muscular, look like straight up tree trunks!

My shape looks amazing though. Seriously. You can see from my pictures I had no waist at all before and he really sculpted a tiny waist and the hips he added make it look even smaller. When I undressed for my shower this morning I looked totally different. I'm excited to see how things even out. My butt is huge and high but I think it will drop. I think it's going to be full and low. Not a bubble, really. I'm so swollen though so I wonder how much of these hips will last.

No pain. I'm stuff but not in any pain. I'm trying to walk a lot so I just get up and walk around my condo until I get tired. I was able to go to the bathroom today for the first time since Monday and it really felt good. I would recommend using smooth move tea.bits gentle and I didn't have any issues with hard stools or pain. I only took Tylenol 3 for pain for the first 2 days and then I switched to regular Tylenol so I may not have had the really bad issues some ladies have with hard stools. I'm the type of person who goes daily more than once so I'm just happy my system is awake again. I hate feeling bloated.

I haven't had any massages. My doctor didn't recommend them. I have a drain in and it's still putting out fluid so it's doing its job. I'm on my way to my post op now. My doctor is on vacation so I'm meeting with one of his associates.

Every time I've called the office, they have been responsive. I called the nurse last night about leaking around my drain site and she asked me to send pictures. She told me it was the pressure from my garment and not to worry. She told me to call her if I needed anything at all. I've dealt with Chelsea and Jessica on his nursing staff and they've been wonderful.

Ok. I'll update later. Wish me luck at my appointment. I'm almost there!

Drain removed

Just left my post op appointment with Dr. Salz's associate Manny. Very nice guy. He removed my drain and counseled me about how to continue to care for my results. No pain with the drain removal. I still need to look out for infection of course and I need to stay active to reduce the risk of bloodclots. He recommended wrapping my waist with ace bandages under my garment. He said that would allow me to maintain good compression on my abs and back even a as I shrink and my garment becomes loose. He also said to make soup with onions and to eat that to help flush out the fluid. He said that onions are a natural diuretic. I'm a huge soup lover so that works for me! I'll take pictures and post them later today, without that drain!

Wrapped up and walking!

So I'm feeling nearly 300% better. No headaches anymore. I'm trying to walk as much as I can today in preparation for tomorrow's flight. Keep me in prayer ladies. Here are a few pictures. I'm so bruised!

Close ups. Badly bruised. Lots of swelling.

Seriously though, I don't think these pictures convey how drastic the change is.

Home!

I made it home. I was on the fence about staying in Florida longer but I decided I needed to get home. My flight was about 2 hours and the crew was really nice to me. I asked to preboard bc of my surgery and they granted preboard to my entire family. They also go me ice to help with my swelling feet. Per my doctor, I stood up and walked as much as I could and I'm hopeful all is fine with my booty and with blood clots. I was actually more worried about clots since I had that transfusion. I'm watching out for leg pain. Swelling is no indication since the thigh lipo has my legs looking like constant tree trunks. I'm starting to wonder if I made a mistake with the thigh lipo. With my booty and the thick swollen legs I feel way too big.

I tried on a few pairs of my pants and they fit.............but very differently. Wow. I promise to post pictures later.

I hope everyone is doing well either recovering or planning to begin their journey! Hugs and love.

A few pictures.

I just unpacked and decided to wear my waist trainer over spanx while I wash the garment I traveled in.

The search for a stage 2 faja is on!

So I need to buy a new garment and there aren't really any decent faja stores near me so I'm ordering online. My doctor didn't recommend any particular brand but he did say to be sure whatever I buy has light compression only on the buttock area and firm compression on the lipo areas. Any recommendations? Which garments did you vets like best?

Right now I'm wearing compression leggings, spanx and a corset when I'm not in my garment. But after sleeping in my garment last night I noticed I woke up a bit more swollen in my lower back. It's just not very tight. I didn't use my ace wraps and it made a difference!

Also I stepped on the scale today and I'm up 20 pounds since my surgery date. I'm not even going to acknowledge that bc I know it's swelling and fluid. But 20 pounds is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol.

8 days post op

Still swollen but feeling good. Swelling is starting to subside and my butt and hips are softening just a bit. Still a long way to go!

13 days post op

I'll be two weeks post op tomorrow and I'm feeling great. Still swelling and sore but that seems to be improving by the day. I'm back to everything except for working out. My doctor told me to wait 3 weeks before easing back into exercise.

I'm still sleeping on my belly and sitting only on my boppy. I feel like as my swelling subsides that I am maintaining the shape and that it's looking very natural. The first few days I felt huge!!! I was up 20 pounds immediately after surgery and I've lost about 14 of those pounds. Obviously it was fluid. I'm in a medium garment now and I'm wearing my waist cincher and foams with it during the day.

I go back to work tomorrow. My biggest concern is sitting. I've been so active, I doubt I'll be too tired. I work in an office and have my own office so I can stand as much as I need to and also sit on my boppy undisturbed.

Here are a few pictures! Happy healing and for my sisters about to undergo their procedures, love and prayers!!!!

Rear view

Size small skirt I scored at Marshall's for 10.00! Thank goodness for stretch!!!!

Side by side comparison: hips

So here is what Dr. Salzhauer did for me. I hope that even if I lose volume I will maintain this shape.

Week 3 post workout photos!

3 weeks post op. Feeling good!
Miami Plastic Surgeon