Aug 3, 2015 Beauty Warrior!!! #drmiami

Ok Ladies! So I've had the TT, the BA and lipo and...

Ok Ladies! So I've had the TT, the BA and lipo and I'm ready to complete my transformation! Just to recap, I've lost close to 150 pounds over the course of the last two years and I was left with very loose saggy skin. In May of 2013, I had a TT and BA and absolutely loved my results. You can see my review on that journey by searching my profile. I'm currently bodybuilding with a local trainer and trying to improve upon my results. I believe that having more lipo to contour my upper body and waistline would be perfect and if I could get the day grafted to my hips and thighs then I would be more balanced. Right now, as you can tell from my pictures, I have a very athletic build. My shoulders are broad and my upper body is larger than my lower body. This leaves me with a less than feminine appearance in my opinion. My legs are very shapely but my rear is barely there and my hips are really narrow. Most of the surgeons I have consulted with don't believe I have enough fat to make a difference because my hips are so narrow and my butt is so sadly flat! Lol. But I've seen such great results from some of the overseas surgeons. Anyway. So here is where my journey begins.

I have sent pictures off to Yily, Baez, Duran, Contreras. So far, I've gotten the following quotes:

Yily: 3500

Contreras: 2500

Baez: still waiting

Duran: still waiting

I've asked for full body lipo l, aggressive contouring of the waist and grafting of the fat to the hips and rear.

So far, I haven't been told to gain or lose weight. I'm also asking what each price includes. Contreras has responded with what is extra and what is included. I'm still waiting to hear from the others.

I'd love to hear what you all think. I've been following the BBL board for awhile and know that there are positives and negatives associated with surgery out of the states. Right now, I'm struggling with balancing cost and safety against the more aggressive results I'm seeing from the overseas doctors.

As a plastic surgery vet, I know surgery is tough, but I also don't want to waste money on a physician that won't deliver the type of results I want.

Eat Right. Exercise. Repeat

Truly...just following these very simple rules can make your recovery so much easier. By no means are a clean diet and exercise a guarantee against complications but I KNOW that it's true that the better shape you are in, the easier time you will have recovering!!!

Still waiting on Duran!

Arm Lift

Just heard back from Baez. She said not to lose anymore weight but she said further lipo of my arms will make them much worse. They are not fat, they are just big from my loose saggy skin. I asked for her price for bbl, arm lift and liposculpture. She said I could definitely do all three at once. Looks like I'm in for at least one more round of 'big' surgery.

Yily Quote is in

So I asked Yily if she would add on an arm lift to my package and she said yes. 4000.00 for bbl, arm lift and lipo. What say you, Divas? Good deal or do I keep waiting on Baez? Baez hasn't given me a date or a quote still but she said she could take me around August or September 2014.

Surgery scheduled for April 4, 2014!!!

I guess I'm going with Dra. Yily!!!

BBL vets...a question

Will working out hard ruin my results?

I've seen a few posts that suggest that exercise will result in the loss of the injected fat. It makes sense. But that would be a deal breaker for me.

I'm very athletic and don't imagine that changing. Am I wasting my money going for the bbl? Are implants my only option?

So Yily says I don't have sufficient fat...

Ok. So here is what she said:

"Your doctosr was right, you don't have enough fat for a BBL, the change wouldn't be a lot, and you have some depressions on your buttocks that need to be filled out."

So I'm going to keep exploring my options. I'm not willing to gain weight for this procedure. I'm going to keep looking for a doctor who can help me...

So it's been awhile....

But I got a quote from Salama and I think I'm going to pay my deposit!!!

Shopping around

Salama quoted me 9500 and said to gain 10 pounds.

Salzhaur quoted me 8500 and said gain 5-10 pounds.

Both recognize I need extensive flank lipo and hips!!!

Salzhauer booked!

Deposit paid! I'm thinking I'll go in February!!!!

I'm ready to trade this boxy shape in for some curves!!!!

February 11, 2015!

Date secured! I turn 40 on Feb 9 and I'll fly to Miami on Feb 10!!! # excited!

About 5 months until my bbl.

I'm so excited to see so many Salzhauer patients updating with such fabulous results. 5 months seems a long way away but time flies for sure. I'm going to stay focused on getting in the best shape I can get into for this surgery.

I ran 7 miles yesterday and lifted and ran another 3 today. Meals are prepped for the week and I think I'll put my surgery date on my iPhone countdown calendar!!

Wondering if I should have gone with Salama?!?

I'm getting closer to my date but seeing way more satisfied Salama patients these days. Did I make a mistake?!?

Uggghhhh!!!!

79 days and counting!

I'm trying to tighten up and tone. The more I do so, the more my booty vanishes! Lol. I'm looking forward to having this back fat gone and getting this waistline refined!

Received my pre op orders for my primary care physician.

I'm going to book my preop today and get it on the calendar for mid January.

Looking for a surgery buddy! Bal Harbour,FL Feb 10-15, 2015

Hey Divas! I'm getting ready to book my accommodations. I'm having surgery with Dr. Salz on Feb 11, 2015. Anyone else going to be there during that time and want to share a place? I'm looking at condos and I'm trying to get my mom to come down to help with post op care. Message me if you are interested. I'm getting soooo excited!

Aug 3, 2015

I'm going! Looking for a recovery house now! Help! Anyone going to Dr. Miami around this time?!

Recent pictures

Here is a recent picture. I've definitely got upper back fat and loose skin that needs to be addressed.

Accommodations and flights booked!

I booked my accommodations and flights today. I'm very excited! The countdown is on!!! 56 days until my procedure!!!

I'm thinking I may need to hire a nurse. Any recommendations?!?

50 days and counting!

I'm getting excited! 50 more days until my procedure. I'm actually flying down to Miami the Saturday before my surgery, so I'm planning to shop for supplies once I'm there. I think I'll have plenty of time to do so on Saturday and Sunday.

I can't wait to have this waist snatched and these curves enhanced!

Time is flying and I know it will be here before I blink.

#beautywarrior

Getting excited!!

I'm really starting to get pumped up. Im so hopeful that Dr. Miami can improve my curves! I need this waist snatched!!!

Medical clearance scheduled for July 10 so I'll do my bloodwork on July 6. I have to have it done within 30 days of my procedure and in by July 13 or 3 weeks prior to my surgery.

I recently had to have another medical procedure that wasn't cosmetic surgery related and I'm hoping to be fully healed up. I'm optimistic!

Anyone else going to be seeing Dr. Miami that week?! Let me know so we can connect!!!

41 days!

Working out...eating right....dreaming of a snatched waistline and hoping that Dr. Miami can deliver!

Just started a 21 day waist wellness and raw vegan challenge. I'm not trying to lose weight but I do want to be as healthy as possible going into surgery on August 3! It's a journey!!!

26 days and counting!

I have my medical clearance appointment this coming Friday. My clearance is due on Monday. My pre op appointment is scheduled for 7/20.

I'm ready. I guess I should start buying a few supplies!

Medical clearance done!

Everything went smoothly despite a mix up at the lab. My hemo level was above 12 and my primary physician cleared me.

So my next big date is 8/20 when I have my preop and Skype consult! I'm going to be a beauty warrior in about 20 days!!!!

Preop call @ 2:30 pm today

I'm exactly 14 days away from my procedure. I have my preop call today at 2:30 and I'm getting very excited! I'm hoping my doctor will have fat to work with. He told me the other day that I need to eat!

I think I'm going to wait until I get to Miami to buy stuff. I don't want to bother with taking all that stuff on the plane.

I need to also find someone to do my massages. Can anyone please recommend a good place to go??

Which is more important to you???

Can you ladies weigh in? Which goes farther in improving your shape? Hips or projection?? I'm not sure what to as my doctor to focus on. I feel like hips would make my waist look smaller....

Any of you have an opinion???

Pre Op is done.

My pre op went well yesterday. So here are a few things future Beauty Warriors may want to know.

1. No smoking. I was told they perform a nicotine test on your surgery day and that a positive result will mean your surgery will be cancelled.
2. Dr. Salzhauer does not recommend lymphatic massages except in certain rare cases. I specifically asked for information about massages and was told I would be given that information if the doctor determined I needed massages.
3. For BBL Dr. Salzhauer prescribes 3 antibiotics, narcotic pain meds, Xanax (for the day of surgery), and zofran for nausea related to anesthesia He recommends patients start taking arnica in pill form two weeks prior to the procedure. He does not recommend bromelin.
4. If you are contemplating any breast work (lift, implants, reduction) he requires a mammogram prior. I wanted a nipple revision, which is why this was an issue.

So I'm pretty much counting down now. I'm less than 2 weeks away from my procedure. I'm busy looking at outfits that I hope I will so be able to wear with confidence!

I'll try to check in daily from now on. Best wishes to you all!

11 days and counting!

I'm trying to get excited about my procedure, but work is crazy and here at home I've got a few things on my mind that are bringing me down. I've got a few friends going through some tough times and I'm trying to stay strong for them.

Dr. Salzhauer's concierge Taylor contacted me yesterday and coordinated my medical scripts, so that's all done. She also offered me a very generous credit for Uber which I accepted. We are renting a car (my family is coming with me) but I can see the need to uber around a bit, so the credit is helpful.

I think I'll pick up the boppy today and maybe some cheap tanks from old navy. As I said I don't want to pack heavy at all and since there are stores close to the resort where I'm staying I can get stuff I will need in Florida.

So overall, now that I'm getting close to my surgery, I'm feeling Dr. Salzhauer's office is fairly easy going and organized. And they are definitely responsive. Let's hope this continues.

Bringing Miami Heat to Maryland!

So I'm about 10 days away from my surgery! I've been debating whether or not I'll allow him to snapchat my procedure. I watch his snaps daily but I'm still on the fence. I haven't asked anyone about it in the office. Have any of you beauty warriors made the choice to snap or not to snap? What influenced your decision?

Tomorrow I will be exactly one week away from flying down to Miami. I fly out on August 1 with my family. I've got the whole squad coming with me for support!

I cannot wait to be on the other side of this and back home. I'm hoping to bring some Miami Heat back to the DMV!

Realistic expectations

My concerns:

1. I don't have enough fat.

2. My back rolls are due to excess skin and not fat.

3. My fat will be reabsorbed.

4. My waist won't wind up looking snatched!

I'm trying to remain calm and realistic with my expectations. I'm not new to plastic surgery so I know my own flaws pretty well. That said, Dr. salzhauer seems very talented and I'm seeing some amazing transformations on this site. Did any of you ladies have fears and insecurities about your future results? How did you manage those?

I'm not happy with my body with these extr pounds I've put on for surgery and as much as I know I probably need more fat, I'm still so ready to get back down to a lower weight!

One week from today!

I filled my prescriptions locally over the weekend. No issues at all from my cvs. So I've got all of my medicines and I'm packed. I'm not taking much at all in terms of clothing bc I have a washer and dryer in my condo. I'll pick up supplies on Sunday from a local Walmart or target.

I've got a very busy work week on tap and I had a very tough weekend. Lots going on with family and friends. I'm trying to not take on other people's problems too much but it's tough.

Anyway, the countdown continues!

Just a few days away!

Counting down to my flight out on Saturday. I'm looking forward to spending Saturday and Sunday lying out on the beach and soaking upmost sunshine!

Any recommendations for must see spots in the Miami or Bal Harbour areas? I really want to do some shopping at the Bal Harbour mall but from the photos I've seen, I may need to bring at least one of my chihuahuas with me. I think you must have a diva dog as an accessory to shop there!

I'm thinking of ordering the bbl pillow from www.bblpillow.com. Has anyone used it?
Miami Plastic Surgeon