51 Y/o Getting an Extended Tummy Tuck with Lipo and Breast Lift - Dominican Republic

I've gone from a size 22 to a 12-14 after gastric...

I've gone from a size 22 to a 12-14 after gastric bypass and am needing a tummy tuck. I originally just wanted a panniculectomy but my insurance wouldn't pay for it and when I started researching the price it was just too expensive for what I was getting and I realized I could get more done in DR for the same or even less money. I'm apprehensive about going overseas for surgery but very excited. I am scheduled to have my surgery with Dr Katherine Camilo on 10/1. If you have had experience with this doctor please let me know. I will be adding pictures soon. Wish me luck.

Pre op pics

Wow these were hard for me to look at. I know I've gained some weight back after my bypass. But will be working on getting back to my smallest weight which was 185

No breast lift

Due to the fact that I'm diabetic Dr Camilo wants to only do the extended tummy tuck with lipo on the flanks. I would have really liked to do it all but I'll rely on the doctors expertise on this. I've also gotten a quote from Dr Robles for the tummy tuck with lipo on waist and armpits. I'm waiting on a quote from Dr Duran as well .

I need help getting my hemoglobin up

I just tested my haemoglobin (ordered a home kit from Amazon, love them) and it's 10.7 Started my Pur Absorb iron supplement today. Anyone have info on how long it takes to get your levels up?

US Plastic surgeons vs Dominican Plastic surgeons idea of a beautiful woman

I've been looking at the after pictures of both and find that the doctors here in the states idea of beauty is a more squared off shape. The after pics of women after surgery in DR is a more curvy rounded look. I'm was a little apprehensive about going out of the states for my surgery but that's the look I'm wanting. Real women have curves.

Going with Dr Robles, 10/9/14

I've changed doctors. I've decided to go with Dr Robles, I love her work and from the reviews and pics on here I feel she's the best one to get me to the flat side. I'm confirmed for 10/9 and will be staying in Virginia's. I'm going alone and want a buddy while I'm there.

Flight Booked

Doctor chosen, SX date booked, flight booked, me nervous and excited. 72 days to surgery

Glad I speak Spanish fluently

In reading others profiles, I'm glad I'm fluent in Spanish. You need to be to be fully informed because it seems that most of the hospital staff does not and when your in pain or in some sort of need that can suck if you can't be understood. If you are going to DR at least get yourself a translator app.

Please update post sx

I don't understand why some people stop posting post sx. Pre sx we're all researching and looking to make sure we make the right decision. For those that go first please please update. And if you're just not interested at least let us knot you're ok. Luv to all my RS sisters.

Changed RH

Got my confirmation from Laura, my RH has been changed to Paradise, it seems to be more up to date, upscale. My main reason for wanting to change is that they have hospital beds which will make it more comfortable to sleep after a tt.

Found my wish pic

I'd be happy looking half this good after sx. Dra Robles is a beast especially with thick/plus size.

5 weeks to go

The time for my sx is coming so fast and yet slow at the same time. At times I feel like time is moving so slow I want it to hurry up. And other times I feel like I don't have enough time to do what I need to do to get ready. Got most of my supplies and am taking my vitamins but still struggling with my hemo.

24 Days

Going thru a range of emotions, excitement, anxiety, fear and back to excitement My hemo is at13.4 which is good, but I hear that it drops a point when you fly due to the altitude. Does anyone know if that's true? I know me once I go thru this once I don't think I'd do a round two after going thru the pain. I'd like to add lipo to my back but I know unless my numbers are stellar Dra Robles wont due to my age and being diabetic so I'm trying to get my hemo up at least to 14.5-15. Don't know if I'll be able to. Then my friend suggested I get fat transfer to my butt, now I have nice projection but have lost the roundness I had when younger. I'm rambling, sorry. To all my realself sisters thank you so much for sharing your journeys I would not have gotten the nerve will and desire to finally do this for me without all of your support.

18 Days

Lots of good things right now. My Primary DR gave me my clearance letter since all my tests he wanted to run came back good. I'm sending my FMLA paperwork in today, Laura emailed it back to me last night. My Hemo is 14 this morning Whoop Whoop!!! I just need to maintain it for the next 18 days. Feeling good!! Much luv to all my RS Sisters!

Getting closer

I'm on an emotional rollercoaster, excited, scared, anxious and thrilled. Had my grandbabies over this weekend and the little one didn't want to leave just kept holding onto my leg. Part of me thinks am I being selfish having this elective major surgery, and then I think I'm doing this for ME. I need to feel comfortable in my skin but first I've got to get rid of some of it. Just rambling, so glad I can come on here and vent and talk this out. Started packing today, wow this is really happening.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Just starting I haven't had any contact yet with the doctor.

Please keep us posted! Don't disappear on us! I'll be following your journey, good luck!
I will def be posting my journey, good or bad. being able to read others journeys has helped me get to where I am actually doing this for me finally, I've got to share for the ones out there researching and trying to figure out this huge decision.
I will be following your journey
Thank you I will be sure to post and update.
WOOHOOO! The count down beigns Muneca.
Yes and I'm a bundle of nerves, but going for mine finally. Time to do me, it's about time my outside matches my inside.
That's right :) so exciting! I am sure all be be great!
i'm sure all will be great :)
Me too!!! I think the emotional roller coaster before surgery is normal though and I'm sure your procedure will be great and you will look even more gorgeous than you already are :D
Thank you so much! Hey your sx is this week, sending you lots of prayers and luv your way. Can't wait to see your update and meet you at Paradise.
Are you going to do back and bbl if your numbers are normal?
I trust dRA Roblesdgement if my numbers are good enough to do the the back life all and bbl games if not I'll be ok
I will pray you can do all of what you want. :)
Thanks, it would be nice if I could. You know have the back match the front. But if I cant it's OK I started this journey just wanting the belly flap of skin gone so everything else is a bonus.
I understand. Definitely have to match. ;) Keep me posted. have a Good day!
Less than 1 month for you! Are you getting excited? :D I'm about 3 weeks away and I'm alternating between super excited and super nervous!
OMG im 36days out and im freaking out- I can just imagine how you girls are feeling~
Less than 28 days and I'm freaking flipping but it's OK we will ALL be OK. As Laura says Besitos!
Hahahha very true!!☺️☺️
Good luck to you!
Thanks!
All the best to you! Keep us posted.
Thanks. I def will.