51 Y/o Getting an Extended Tummy Tuck with Lipo and Breast Lift - Dominican Republic

I've gone from a size 22 to a 12-14 after gastric...

I've gone from a size 22 to a 12-14 after gastric bypass and am needing a tummy tuck. I originally just wanted a panniculectomy but my insurance wouldn't pay for it and when I started researching the price it was just too expensive for what I was getting and I realized I could get more done in DR for the same or even less money. I'm apprehensive about going overseas for surgery but very excited. I am scheduled to have my surgery with Dr Katherine Camilo on 10/1. If you have had experience with this doctor please let me know. I will be adding pictures soon. Wish me luck.

Pre op pics

Wow these were hard for me to look at. I know I've gained some weight back after my bypass. But will be working on getting back to my smallest weight which was 185

No breast lift

Due to the fact that I'm diabetic Dr Camilo wants to only do the extended tummy tuck with lipo on the flanks. I would have really liked to do it all but I'll rely on the doctors expertise on this. I've also gotten a quote from Dr Robles for the tummy tuck with lipo on waist and armpits. I'm waiting on a quote from Dr Duran as well .

I need help getting my hemoglobin up

I just tested my haemoglobin (ordered a home kit from Amazon, love them) and it's 10.7 Started my Pur Absorb iron supplement today. Anyone have info on how long it takes to get your levels up?

US Plastic surgeons vs Dominican Plastic surgeons idea of a beautiful woman

I've been looking at the after pictures of both and find that the doctors here in the states idea of beauty is a more squared off shape. The after pics of women after surgery in DR is a more curvy rounded look. I'm was a little apprehensive about going out of the states for my surgery but that's the look I'm wanting. Real women have curves.

Going with Dr Robles, 10/9/14

I've changed doctors. I've decided to go with Dr Robles, I love her work and from the reviews and pics on here I feel she's the best one to get me to the flat side. I'm confirmed for 10/9 and will be staying in Virginia's. I'm going alone and want a buddy while I'm there.

Flight Booked

Doctor chosen, SX date booked, flight booked, me nervous and excited. 72 days to surgery

Glad I speak Spanish fluently

In reading others profiles, I'm glad I'm fluent in Spanish. You need to be to be fully informed because it seems that most of the hospital staff does not and when your in pain or in some sort of need that can suck if you can't be understood. If you are going to DR at least get yourself a translator app.

Please update post sx

I don't understand why some people stop posting post sx. Pre sx we're all researching and looking to make sure we make the right decision. For those that go first please please update. And if you're just not interested at least let us knot you're ok. Luv to all my RS sisters.

Changed RH

Got my confirmation from Laura, my RH has been changed to Paradise, it seems to be more up to date, upscale. My main reason for wanting to change is that they have hospital beds which will make it more comfortable to sleep after a tt.

Found my wish pic

I'd be happy looking half this good after sx. Dra Robles is a beast especially with thick/plus size.

5 weeks to go

The time for my sx is coming so fast and yet slow at the same time. At times I feel like time is moving so slow I want it to hurry up. And other times I feel like I don't have enough time to do what I need to do to get ready. Got most of my supplies and am taking my vitamins but still struggling with my hemo.

24 Days

Going thru a range of emotions, excitement, anxiety, fear and back to excitement My hemo is at13.4 which is good, but I hear that it drops a point when you fly due to the altitude. Does anyone know if that's true? I know me once I go thru this once I don't think I'd do a round two after going thru the pain. I'd like to add lipo to my back but I know unless my numbers are stellar Dra Robles wont due to my age and being diabetic so I'm trying to get my hemo up at least to 14.5-15. Don't know if I'll be able to. Then my friend suggested I get fat transfer to my butt, now I have nice projection but have lost the roundness I had when younger. I'm rambling, sorry. To all my realself sisters thank you so much for sharing your journeys I would not have gotten the nerve will and desire to finally do this for me without all of your support.

18 Days

Lots of good things right now. My Primary DR gave me my clearance letter since all my tests he wanted to run came back good. I'm sending my FMLA paperwork in today, Laura emailed it back to me last night. My Hemo is 14 this morning Whoop Whoop!!! I just need to maintain it for the next 18 days. Feeling good!! Much luv to all my RS Sisters!

Getting closer

I'm on an emotional rollercoaster, excited, scared, anxious and thrilled. Had my grandbabies over this weekend and the little one didn't want to leave just kept holding onto my leg. Part of me thinks am I being selfish having this elective major surgery, and then I think I'm doing this for ME. I need to feel comfortable in my skin but first I've got to get rid of some of it. Just rambling, so glad I can come on here and vent and talk this out. Started packing today, wow this is really happening.

Almost done packing

Boy I have a lot of stuff. Due to my gastric bypass I drink 1-2 protein shakes a day, so I packed 20.
chuxs
sanitary pads
wipes
face cleansing wipes
hibclens
Aloe Vesta which is a waterless no rinse perineal cleanser(need more than just wipes)
3 t-shirts
Anti itch spray
cough drops

toiletries

2 days to go

Had a great day, everything just fell into place, got my time off approved as a leave, which is a blessing, My PCP is calling in all of the meds I need including some percocets.

Diabetics important info

If you are on metformin this will delay your surgery. Ask you Ps if you need to change your meds before you come here.

im good

Sorry for not updating. Sx was today very tired

Pics

Still very tired, not in too much pain. Very swollen. Than you for all your concern

Thanks all

At Virginias very nice so tired will update on a couple of days.

Got home last night

Ladies make sure to have your wheelchair scheduled for you. I would not have made on my own. Even though I'm 12 days out of surgery, this was exhausting. I went from an atmosphere where almost everything was being done for me to having to catch two flights. Went to my primary care physician just to get checked out. He gave me a referral for "Therapy for Lymphedema" basically my insurance will pay for my lymphatic drain massages. My lymph nodes under my pits are swollen and are very tender. You can feel hard lumps under my armpits and that's what makes it Lymphedema.( Thank you to Fancyshoes) saw this on her review.

So Very Swollen

Ladies you will have to excuse my lack of pics, having me a moment, due to being so swollen. I know the surgery was successful and once I get rid of this swelling I will be able to see it. But right now I'm having me a major MOMENT. I would so appreciate any suggestions. Drinking pineapple juice with cucumbers and lemon, staying away from salt, taking my Bromelein pills. HELP. Love this site that I can come here and vent and ask for help from my sisters.

Virginia's Recovery House - Going back next year with my daughter

I had initially wanted to stay at Virginias, then I heard about Paradise and that it was updated so I changed recovery houses. Turns out that that ended up in Virginias since Paradise was full and I am so very happy that I did. The care I received and saw the other girls received was fantastic. I was taken care of like I was family to all of them. All I had to worry about was recovery and that was enough cause recovery takes all of your energy. They were on top of everything else:
Meds - there were times I had 14 pills to take ( I would have forgotten so many doses on my own)
Food - They make good home cooked Dominican food which was great for me, but for those that did not want to eat that they would go out of their way to get something you would want to eat.
Lotions -They rubbed my sides where I got lipo'd every 2 hours, by the time I left I had no bruising
Water - They do their best to get you to drink your water. Bring drink mixes to help.

Virginia is ever attentive to you. At one point there were 6 of us in the house I never felt neglected. Julissa is also very attentive but was only there 1 of the days I was there.
Joanna can cook pretty much anything and tries to cater to you as much as possible.
Dr Martha comes in every day with fresh food for that days meals. Checks on everyone and makes sure everyone is good with the next day menu. She is also the one that gives you the Lymphatic Drain Massages which is great cause you don't have to go out for them.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Just starting I haven't had any contact yet with the doctor.