Tummy Tuck Journey - Dominica Republic

Okay, I’m about to take a journey to have a...

Okay, I’m about to take a journey to have a tummy tuck, liposuction to the back & inner thighs on March 2011 (58 more days). After having three kids and streach out skin I'm due for one. Cant wait Yeah!! I will keep an update on my journey as followed. I have to say I'm traveling over seas with an open mind and hoping for great results. However, I am looking for someone who would like to join me in my medical journey. I have done my home work on my doctor and I know I’ll be in good hands, but it would be nice to have someone as a companion. You may email me if you have any question.

Dr. Camilio

Omg I will be going in Feb for surgery with ur same dr..how was ur experience
Hi Monnie,

I am going to have a tummy tuck and liposuction with Dr Camilo in May... I am a little nervous about going abroad to have this done, I am a RN and know the problems that can arise after a surgery like this, however, I have done research and all seems to be very good with this surgeon. Could you tell me how things went with your procedure?

thanks
I sure will.
Hi monnie77

how are you? just wondering how are you doing? are you still in DR?
Yes I am still going. & I've done my research on my doctor she is board certified where she is from and had over 30+ years of experiences. I just wanted some good company to go through this with me. Thanks for caring though.
Good luck honey and keep us posted!
Monnie-

In the event you don't find someone to go on this medical journey with you, are u still going to go by yourself?
Ladies-

please be careful with these out of the country cheap alternatives. Trust me I know what it's like to want to look good on a budget, (that's how I was able to get a full tummy tuck for $2100- here in the states.) But please be careful! I think with the cost of hotel, airfare, food etc, you'd probably be better off here in the states. I mean, is it really that much cheaper?

On youtube there is a lady who went to Bogota Columbia to get her body done, BA, TT lipo... the works... and they messed her up terribly. She even have footage of it on youtube.

God forbid anything happens, you wouldn't be able to fly back to the US (bloodclots and sitting on the plane for long periods. I think it's something that really needs to be thought about seriously and carefully.
Hey Monnie, I am also looking to do my surgery in the DR as well. contact me so we can talk or through facebook. (Randi Dearujo). My husband has family there and they are going to care for me.
That sound great will do

can you call me {edited}, or send me your number so we can talk.

Edited by Sharon: Please share contact information via private messaging only.
Hi Monnie I'm also thinking about going to DR for a tummy tuck I have 2 boys & would love to go on vacation & wear a bikini
Well I'm leaving in March for my trip so if you are really inerested please let me know.
That is great that you have a girlfiends referral to your doctor and that they have a facility to accomadate you after surgery. Good luck to you and I wish you a speedy recovery..
Thank you for careing.
I personally can't imagine doing this procedure alone. I had a TT 3 weeks ago and it has been a journey. I too strongly recommend that you have a companion with you and do not do this alone. Have you personally spoken with or met your doctor?? I interviewed 3 doctors that had raving reviews and outstanding crudentials and went with the doctor that I felt the best connection with in person. It is important that you have a relationship with your Doctor. Good Luck on your Journey..
I have intervied several doctor in my home town, I have contacted my doctor and done my homework as well. She is accredited in Dominica Republic. I've seen her before and after photos on her site. I feel very at ease with her.

Hi Monnie and welcome to RealSelf

Could you tell us how you came to the decision to go to the Dominican?

I hope that you will have a companion to travel with you.  I would hate to think of you there alone without and advocate for you.  Also you are going to need a lot of help after this procedure for the first couple of weeks.  How long do you plan to stay there?  And where will you be staying?  Hotel etc??

This is just a thought but why don't you contact a local home health agency in your area and ask about a CNA or RN to travel with you.  You could offer to pay for their trip in exchange they will care for you during the first week or two of recovery.
I decided to go to DR because of a dear friend whom went two years ago and Her result were great and she healed wonderfully. So I have saved some money to finally travel there as well. There will be a recovery home that will have a nurse or a care provider to help me. It just would be nice to have some compaionship.

Hi monnie,

That sounds perfect and makes me feel better....sorry just the mom in me worrying!

I am sure you will be in great hands at the recovery house.  Shoot I had pictures of you being all alone in a hotel room and had a little panic attack for you :)

I sure hope you are able to find someone to go with you.
Good Luck to you !!

I would STRONGLY recommend you have a traveling companion.
Will you leave the hospital that night or will you stay a few days in the hospital?

I came home the same day after a full tummy tuck with lipo entire back and flanks and there was no way I could have been by myself for the first 3 days.

If you do not have help and try to do everything yourself (at least the first couple of days), you could injure yourself and suffer complications.