D cup implants removed 3 days ago - no regrets!- Devon, UK

I have been suffering pain from capsules formed...

I have been suffering pain from capsules formed around both implants for years and was waiting to save up to get new ones (single working mum). However, last summer I decided I just wanted them gone for good due to the pain and after a number of months on the waiting list, I finally had them out on Monday.

During surgery, they found the left one had actually ruptured. I haven't even seen them yet (getting my bandages changed tomorrow) but I already feel 100% better! I can't wait to feel like "me" again after 17 yrs of feeling fake and at least 6 yrs of hiding my breasts and staying single because I can't bear guys to see my stupid implants. I also can't wait to change my wardrobe and literally wear what I want rather than what will "suit the implants". If anyone is considering removal without replacement, go for it! You'll feel amazing!!! I'm 35 with a 20 yr old son. My boobs were pretty messed up following my teenage pregnancy and breast feeding but despite that, I'm already happier. I don't care what they look like now - at least they're all mine :))

Thanks everyone! So I just got back from the...

Thanks everyone!
So I just got back from the hospital to have my dressings changed and I've seen them! Hahaha oh it was like saying hello to 2 little friends again. Almost felt like apologising to them for what I've put them through ;) Okay, so they are definitely not perfect and far from the traditional meaning of beautiful BUT I do love them, although it was a shock at first. My sister came with me and took a pic but I'll have to put it up tomorrow because she's gone off with her camera. She said "Oh honey, that's just what boobs are meant to look like after having a kid" ... and then flashed me hers *giggle* She made me feel soooo much better.
Heard many things about them 'fluffing up' and although one can hope, I'm just happy the implants and pain and feelings of being self concious all the time are gone. I think we're all very brave, strong women making this decision and I am really looking forward to making the best of the new me :D x

4 days post-op pics added. Also, I got feeling...

4 days post-op pics added. Also, I got feeling back in my nipples today; that's something I bizarrely lost a few years ago. Pleasant surprise!

Two things: 1) I think I forgot to say that I...

Two things:
1) I think I forgot to say that I was a full D with implants, not sure what the cc measurement was as it was so long ago. I've amended the title of my review to help others.
And 2) Apologies for the sideways pics. I've uploaded the last one over and over again but it always posts sideways. I've taken some others down as they looked confusing not being the right way up! Sorry. Will try again another time.

End of day 4 review = still very very very very very happy :D

Day 6 - Anyone else start to feel frustrated at...

Day 6 - Anyone else start to feel frustrated at this point? My gripe is that I'm no longer in pain (only very mild aches, sporadically) but I still have to wear this damn sports bra and I just want to let them be freeeeeee! I'm uncomfortable.

Quick question, when did people start exercising?? After a week of lazing around and eating all the chocolates friends have brought round, I'm feeling pretty lethargic. Bad skin etc. Desperate to start moving again. Healthy eating as of tomorrow and have already switched to drinking warm water with sliced lemon but, realistically, when can I work up a good sweat?

Well, it's been what ... 2 1/2 weeks now? I'm pain...

Well, it's been what ... 2 1/2 weeks now? I'm pain free and am moving about normally, lifting a full kettle etc :) Still in a tight support bra (which is making my nipples sore!) and still sleeping on my back as my muscles are too uncomfortable to sleep on my side ... but I still feel great! Had my sutures trimmed yesterday and the nurse said I was healing very well. Will try and post pics of my scars tomorrow. They are long but very neat and I know they'll fade nicely in time.

A couple of firsts: I had a bath yesterday and my little boobies were floating about. Made me literally laugh out loud and I even text my mom! ;) Also, when I was with the nurse, she asked me to "lift" my breast up. A definite first for me after nearly 2 decades of them being stuck so high up on my chest!!

How am I feeling? Still over the moon. The "fluff fairy" hasn't been but I really don't care. After being soooo uncomfortable and feeling soooo embarrassed by my breasts for too many years, I'm just thrilled to bits that its all over and now I look like all my other friends and family who have had children. I really feel like a WOMAN for the first time in SO long!

I think this is a major turning point in my life, I truly do. Without turning this into a therapy session, I realise I have been terribly insecure since I was a teenager and breast implants didn't cure that - it merely masked deeper problems. I can even (with hindsight) attribute my marriage breakdown to my own insecurities and poor self image. I now feel positive enough about how I look on the outside to address what's going on inside. Which is ironic considering the state of my boobies ;)

I'm genuinely excited about the new me and my only regret is wasting too many years trying to be something I wasn't. Cheers to new beginnings! :D

2 1/2 week pics now up x

2 1/2 week pics now up x

One year on

Can't believe it's been a year already! Honestly can say I've never been happier :) My summer was spent in teeny bikinis and my little soft boobies just felt so natural and womanly. No more covering up in tshirts for this gal! :)

I'm now in a very loving relationship with someone I've been friends with for years. That would never have happened if I hadn't had my implants removed. Truly. I'm a different person now - happier, content, confident, carefree.

Best decision I've EVER made!

One year pics now up!
Bristol Plastic Surgeon

He's the best breast care surgeon in the South West. The NHS are lucky to have him!