Can't Wait for my Change! - Destin, FL

Like almost all of you I have hated my nose ever...

Like almost all of you I have hated my nose ever since middle school. I was always made fun of and called names throughout middle school/high school. I feel like a fairly confident person but my nose is always in my mind, wondering if people are staring, etc. So I have finally scheduled my appointment! My consult is the 28th and procedure November 4th. I love Real Self and have been looking at everyone's reviews for a while. I'm glad to be a part of the family now!

And we're glad to have you! Here's a list of questions you might want to ask at your consultation. Please keep us posted!

Looking forward to hearing about your progress :)

Pre op consult in 5 days!

Okay so I'm starting to get more nervous. I have my consultation on Monday and I guess reality is setting in. I don't want to be super bruised afterwards so I'm worried. I also don't know how painful recovery will actually be. On a good note I am excited to see what the simulated before/after picture will be. Waiting is the hardest part at this point!

I am excited for you! I'm right there with you on the count down- my surgery is on November 5! Looking forward to riding alongside as we go through this on the same timeline. Be Well!
Wow we will be going through this together! Are you going to use arnica or anything special to help minimize bruising?
Physically the surgery isn't bad. Not painful really. It's a much harder journey emotionally. Also bring pictures and really really articulate what you want done.

3 days away!

The final stretch is here. My surgery is Monday and I'm so nervous. I keep researching how people feel psychologically after getting this done. I know it's a big change and you have to get used to seeing yourself differently. I can't believe the time is finally here for me. I bought Arnica and Bromelain. I still need ice packs to help with the swelling. Other than that I think I'm good to go!

If you get depressed easily I have to warn you that recovery is going to drain you. I am 4 days post op and going psychologically insane. Im miserable and crying nonstop, total big baby. I wish you the best of luck and I hope your recovery goes smoothly
Why are you upset? Like what feelings are you having?
Good luck! Can't wait to hear from you again... My surgery is later this month, so I'm madly reading too :)

Two days and super nervous.

I am so nervous! I don't know what it is but reality is setting in. I am scared to look in the mirror and see a stranger or just not be happy with my results.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

More before pics

Wishing you a successful , surgery and recovery ! Congrats to you !! Cant wait till my day comes .....hate the waiting game
thinking about you and sending positive vibes your way!
Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you! I'm less than a week post-op, I was so ready, and then totally freaked out the day of. I feel better now, there was just a lot leading up to it. You'll be fine, just remember that it's kind of an emotional roller coaster and it's okay to feel that way. The first 3 - 4 days were kind of a blur, I slept through most of it. I recommend just having everything ready before you go in tomorrow so you can do nothing but rest if you need to. I'm trying to think of it as a stay-cation. :) Good luck! You're going to be great!

Recovery time

Well I'm all done with surgery. Dr Burden was ready very early so I believe I headed into the OR at around 7AM. Before surgery was fine. The nurses were amazing and helpful as well as comforting. Dr Burden came in, drew on my nose and gave me reassurance. I don't remember anything from surgery of course . Waking up was painful! I wanted to throw up and my face hurt pretty bad. The nurse hooked me up with some medicine for my nausea. The car ride home was kinda rough. I was out of it and grumpy. Got home, drank a smoothie and my painkillers and I feel just fine now! If you're about to have surgery please get a neck pillow! This is the best thing. Anyway I'll add a photo. I look rough! I've been icing once an hour for twenty minutes so I hope that'll help. Thanks for your support!

Good luck for monday :) I hope you have a comfortable recovery x
Def disagree about you having a long nose!! Good luck on your recovery and once the cast comes off, you'll feel better!
you are very pretty! I'm excited to see your results- You are absolutely right about the neck pillow ; ) I wish you an easy recovery!!

Day Three and so swollen!

Here I am at the dreaded day three. Yesterday I was on my feet a lot. The pain is very manageable I just feel a lot of pressure in my face. Sleeping is very uncomfortable but I can't complain too much. My lips are very chapped and mouth is dry so thank god for Chapstick.

See if someone can get biotene for you. It will help you with the dry mouth so much (it comes in spray, gum, mouthwash, and lots of other forms) see which one sounds good to you - it will stop the dry mouth and help your chapped lips! :)
Btw. Even swollen your results are peeking through! Nice!!
Awwww hunni bless you, im sure within a few days it will ease. As for me I am absolutely in pieces I have to leave my kids and husband tomorrow night its going to break me. Ive been to the doctor and shes given me some valium to help calm my nerves.

Day Four headaches??

It's day four of recovery for me and my head hurts!! Is this normal? Did anyone else have headaches during recovery? Thanks :)

Yes! I got major headaches! They go away after like a week. I just would stick pees on my head, take a pain pill and lie down. How are you feeling otherwise? Hope everything is good girl!
Peas* haha
I'm a day behind you so I hope others can chime in. But for the meantime I'll ask you do you have a dry environment because dry sinuses will give you a headache - if you can stand near your humidifier and see if it improves. second thought: have you been drinking plenty of water?dehydration will also give you a headache drink a bottle of water or better yet a Gatorade at this point and see if improves. Finally Vicodin can sometimes give a kickback headache

Day four afternoon

Feeling better now than this morning. My head was pounding for an hour or so today. I drank some water and took Tylenol and felt better. I went out to Walmart with my hood on like a champ! People looked but I honestly don't mind that. I care more about my feelings and how I'm going to view myself during my reveal on Monday! I am so nervous. I can't tell how it looks at all.... I wonder.. Now I play the waiting game.

let us know how you are! more pics yet?!

Cast off!!

I got my cast off and I am overwhelmed!!! Here are the pics!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

One more pic for now

wow ditto what Lynn23 just said, beautiful before and extremely beautiful after, you look gorgeous! happy healing!
Wow your results are amazing. I absolutely love your profile, you must be so happy!
Looks amazing!!! Has the last week been the week from hell... discomfort, emotional? My surgery is in two weeks!

Day 11! Healing.

Hey all! Well I'm just healing away. I still have small bruises under each eye but I'm hoping they go away soon. I've been busy preparing for my move to Colorado next week! So exciting. Anyway I am very happy with my results so far even though I am still pretty swollen. This was totally worth it! I was so worried before hand and while I was covering. I was just paranoid I wouldn't like it. I've read a lot of horror stories! But trust me this is amazing! It's awesome not worrying about what people think when they see my profile now! Love it!

OMGGGG your result is beyond amazing! congratulations!
Omg.... You're results are amazing! You look great! Thought the bruising would be gone by now. Congrats!

Two weeks post up and so happy!

I had my two week post op today and saw before and after comparisons! Wow is all I can say! I am amazed! Dr Burden I'm healing fine. I do have bumps on my bridge that aren't visible but you can certainly feel them. He said they're completely normal and part of the process. He said my tip is a little high now because he over corrects it and with time and healing it sets lower and looks perfect. He is amazing! I am so happy y'all! This is totally worth it and I recommend it to any of you who have doings!!!

my surgery is tomorrow! I have my neck pillow for the 1 1/2 hour ride home :) Praying for beautiful result! Please keep me in your prayers! how was your move & life with the new nose?!
Oh yes! I am sooo happy for you. The first week will be emotional and a little uncomfortable. Not a lot of pain though. I'm sure you're ready! And yes I am absolutely happy I can't wait to share this happiness with you!
You look great - although you were beautiful before, I know THIS is the you that you had always wanted. I'm so happy for you

Pics!

Well I'm all settled in Colorado! A lot of swelling has gone down. My nose still feels a little weird and I can still feel bumps but nothing is visible. I am soooo happy! Thanks for your support!

Awesome looking! Your so pretty!
ty! my doc doubled my Cymbalta for 2 weeks hopefully that will help with the emotional part! I hope I have good news & pictures tomorrow !!!

3 months after

Some pics! I feel good. I still feel a few bumps in my nose :/ any one else feeling them?

That is actually something I've never heard of, yet sounds like a good idea, to over project - I've heard way too many stories from way too many people on here whom, in the beginning had a tiny slope, or their tip was only slightly upturned, and within 6-9 months, had to go in for a revision because their old hump started to come back, or the tip started to droop... PLEASE let me know how you're coming along!!! Your doctor sounds very smart, and you look lovely, dear :)
Also, I love your tattoos! And are you in the military? The shirt you were wearing on the 11th after your cast removal looks like a uniform undershirt :)

5 months and counting!

Everything is coming along as it should I hope! I still feel bumps but none visible. Let me know if anyone has any questions!

You look great! Your nose looks so pretty and at the same time natural. When do you feel like most of the swelling went down?
This is a happy story;) You are gorgeous!
Well, thank you for your service! And thanks for the update! You look amazing ^_^
Destin Plastic Surgery