Disaster Surgery Performed by Dr M. Vincent Makhlouf - Desplanes, IL

Dr M. Vincent Makhlouf did this disaster surgery,...

Dr M. Vincent Makhlouf did this disaster surgery, at Holly Family Hospital on August 5th, 2011. Like they say, a pictures says more than 1000 words. He left me deformed. He thinks he did nothing wrong, but my opinion and the opinion of all the doctors that have seen me, its that he has done malpractice. Be careful before you have a procedure done by him. I paid him to do this!

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

This is the horrific surgery Dr. M Vincent Makhlof performed on me on august 5th 2011, at Holly Family hospital in Desplaines, Illinois. He thinks he did nothing wrong! This doctor has given me the biggest pain and deformation I ever thought I would have in my whole life! He should feel ashamed of such horrible job. A plastic surgeon should improve an appearance not deform, as he has done to me.

the saddest part is, when I look him up, all I see if 5 stars. YOU need to put a review on those sites. YOU need to show your photos.. Because others cannot be warned if you dont.
what were you trying to have done?
You should sue the doctor.. so that he learn a lesson from this
How could this happen? How could it have been avoided if he had creditials ? Did you ever see his work? I'm so sorry for you. I'm currently looking for a dr. I think I have one but I wonder how do I know??
Queenbmama~ unfortunately credentials do not guarantee that this sort of thing won't happen. In fact credentialed people tend to protect each other when it does. I know you didn't ask me; but I would say that I'm not sure how you know who is a good doctor. In fact I am thinking that the only protection is to have a legal contract and/or consent form that advocates for one's own rights and protections, not the doctors.
I went to this DR and had perfect results, I wonder if this is even true.Where are the before pictures also she changed the price she paid just makes you wonder.
Hi sizzorgirl I believe the doctor had posted on this thread but maybe it has been removed. That seems to be an acknowledgement that he operated on her. Also you have had some bad results you were concerned about on your profile so it does happen and I think that is the point about being board certified doesn't guarantee you will be okay. Obviously we don't know the details of this, but it's pretty shocking and must be very painful; she didn't do it to herself, that's for sure!
I feel that the only real protection is to not have risky procedures done at all. A consent form is for the doctor's protection, and even legal protection doesn't guarantee a doctor won't be negligent. If a procedure needs to be done, I would bring a loved one in to consultations, record consultations, get a copy of records that plots out the operation in written detail, and make sure to find a doctor you like personally and feel you can trust your life with. Doctors can give their online reputations a makeover, and photos they show you may not be long-term photos. The doctors and their boards seem to mislead people (including the media) that certain credentials are some kind of lock-down of wisdom, ethics, and protections. I am aware of many patients whose bodies and health were destroyed due to board certified doctors.
You are still in my thoughts, Anamari.
Thank you so much! God bless you!
Thank you very much, I appriciate it. God Bless you!
I a m so sorry about your experience. Can you sue him at all, make him pay for ur body to be fixed, im so sorry for you, I hope all is well
Thanks for your kind words, he has indeed destroyed my life, my self steen, even the ability to wear regular clothes!
Anamari, I feel really sorry for what has happened to you. Most of the readers here are either considering some kind of surgery one way or the other. Due to this it is very important for us to know the Type of Butt Lift you are talking about, is this the injections through fat transfer or Silicon Butt implant. Can you please give us more details so we can know which one please. This will really be helpful. Wish you all the best to have a solution quick.
this needs to be on National News …. so sad. I'm so sorry and I hope a doctor volunteers to correct this for you… prayers. Sue him for everything he has !!! no business performing anything on anyone !!!!
You right, some TV stations have contact me, but I know I won't survive the embarrassment of showing my face to this disaster. Thank you for your support and please keep me in your prayers
Oh I am so shocked I have had multiple surgeries with Dr Makhalouf. He did excellent work and when I had a concern he fixed it (dog ears after a TT) I would insist that you are not happy and work on fixing it.
I am so sorry this happened to you. I am confused. Was this a BBL or a regular butt lift? It looks to be more the butt lift where they cut skin and suture (similar to a tummy tuck, but on the backside.) Also, you mentioned $30k, but on this review it says $8986. Did you pay for additional surgeries, revision, etc? According to the abplsurg.org site, Dr. M is indeed certified, since 1990. However, that doesn't mean he's skilled in every cosmetic procedure nor does it mean things can't go wrong during healing. At any rate, I pray you can get help with this situation, fast!
How can this Doc sleep at night. I would sue the shit out of him!!! You are very strong , you can over come this and believe that there is a Doc that can fix this.
I ask my self the same question, how does he sleeps at night, knowing he has destroyed a woman's life the way he destroyed mine. I hope every woman or man who see what has been done to me, will be very cautious what doctor they choose, PLEASE, don't just put your life in anyone's hands!
I just saw my first Dr and feel ok with him, his credentials, his previous work.. What else should I know???.. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
I have had numerous surgeries with my Doctor. He has books on top of books with before and after pictures. He insist you go through them with him and he shows you the closest to your situation and the results. Any time I have had a concern, he was more than willing to fix whatever I wanted at his cost, not mine. Ask him all these questions. If he is vague, leave and go elsewhere.
I'm very sorry this happened to you, as I'm reading your comments I can't help but cry, it hurts me that many people are still going through these surgeries because they think their surgeon is board certified and that will never happen to them. Clearly he has all the "right" credentials yet you are left with deformities and being left in pain and depressed. That is not something anyone wishes to go through, we did not deserve this. I'm very glad you still have faith, I hope God heals you, I really do. I can already tell you have been very strong! So stay strong, when you hear something very often you start believing it, so try to stay strong. My prayers go out to you, I hope you can find a solution to this. I will keep in contact with you, just know that you are not alone.
I am so sorry that you've experienced such a disaster. I do however, commend you on sharing your story with us. I am relatively new to RS and am dead set on having bbl in early 2014. This is actually the first horror story I've come across and it has definitely alerted my inspector Clousseau radar. I pray you have some resolution to this travesty.
I am trying to understand why he charged 30, 000