Mommy Makeover for Me! - Des Moines, IA

Hello lovely ladies. I have been trolling this...

Hello lovely ladies. I have been trolling this website for months, and now I finally have something to say. I'm a SAHM of 3 kids. Two boys, one girl, 15, 9, and 5. I got my girl on the last shot! LOL! This year my youngest started Kindergarten, so I guess that changes the SAHM thing a little bit. I have been wanting to fix my flat boobs, and not so flat tummy since I found out I was pregnant with her. Now, that I'm sure there wont be anymore kids, and they are all in school, I can finally do something about it.

I started doing yoga about 5 months ago, and it really changed the shape of my body, quickly. I lost about 10lbs, but that made my tummy look worse. All saggy, and well you know. My boobs were so huge during all three pregnancies. One was bigger than my head, and put the two together, and you couldn't tell where the boobs stopped and the baby belly started. I looked like the back side of a barn, and felt like it. I was never one of those happy pregnant women. Those of you who are, are so lucky, or you're lying. LOL! After my second son was born, I decided to have a breast reduction. My boobs were not good, they were more like cow utters, than women's breasts. That surgery went very well. There was a lot of pain at first, but it turned out great! I love the shape and size, and my nipples no longer pointed to the ground. I felt sexy! Then, a couple of years later, another positive pregnancy test. I was upset, but excited at the same time. My boobs grew way too big again, and were left so deflated. I had ruined a perfectly good breast reduction, but at least I got my girl!

So anyway, after all of that, my poor body looked sad, and it made me sad. So, I started really entertaining the thought of another surgery. At first, I didn't know if I could do it. I was really worried that all the pain, and the scarring wouldn't be worth it. It was rough on me the first time. Then I found this wonderful site, with all of you truly helpful ladies. Then I was sure this was for me. I did an inordinate amount of research, thanks Google. After looking at literally thousands of pre and post op pictures, I had a good idea of what I could expect. I want to have a full mommy makeover. For me that includes breast lift with implants, tummy tuck, lipo of hips(flanks), and both inner and outer thighs. Then I met with my previous surgeon again, and one more. Just to see if they were comparable on how to treat and repair my particular case. They were, but they were a little different on price. In the end, I decided to go with the same surgeon, as the first time. I already trusted him, and knew he did good work. I've had two consultations with him. The first one, I took my husband along. He's been really great about all of this, except for a few foot in mouth situations, but hey he's a man. LOL! The first consultation, they had me try on a a bra with different sized inserts. I really didn't get much out of that. The bra didn't really fit well, plus it doesn't really help when you're having both a lift and implants, but it was fun, and gave us plenty of time to ask questions and talk with the Dr. and nurse. The second consultation, I went to by myself. I took my laptop with me, I had saved pictures that I found that looked like what I wanted to look like in the end. The Dr. really appreciated that, and seemed very interested. So, a few days after that, I scheduled my surgery. It will be on March 15th, next Friday! I'm so happy they could get me in this quick. I really wanted to have this done in the beginning of February, so I would be mostly healed by bikini season. I haven't worn a bikini in 10 years! I'm really excited about that part, plus being able to wear sexy lingerie for my hubby!

Anyway, this is long for my first post. Thank you for reading all of it, if you made it this far. I have a few more things to add, but I think I'll make them different topics, so I can get some feed back.

Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cherny did a previous breast reduction on me.

Today is surgery day! Thinking about you. When you feel up to it, please give us an update.

I mostly hated pregnancy, too! Felt like yuck and looked it, as well. I'm glad you're able to do this for yourself and have support around you.

Here are two posts I direct lots of ladies to:

Mommy Makeover recovery supplies

RealFriend's first three days post op

I hope you find these helpful!

LadyLuck, Our stories are very similar, only my youngest is 6. I have 15, 9, 8, and 6 year old sons, three of them post-reduction. My original plan was just going to be a TT, since I had a breast reduction in1999. Even though my breasts bottomed out, I thought I was crazy to want bigger, fuller, breasts again after enduring so much pain to make them smaller. This site was an inspiration yet again. I decided to add the surgery to my existing June 10th date with lipo of the flanks :) Mommy makeover here I come! Good luck! I am excited for you :)
I totally understand! The breast reduction wasn't all that easy, and here I am putting my self through this again! LOL! I really do think, when this is all over, that I will be happy with my figure, for the first time in a long time! Good luck with yours! June seems like a long time to wait!
I need that many paychecks to pay for it, so I don't mind the wait :) I cannot wait to see your pictures!