Fingers Crossed...- Des Moines, IA

I am getting the procedure done tomorrow on my...

I am getting the procedure done tomorrow on my abdomen. I am 26 years old, 5'4", and weigh about 120. I have always had a pudgy stomach no matter how much I exercise, how well I eat, even when I lose a few pounds. I don't need to lose weight so this should be a good procedure for me....if it really works. The before and after pics sure look promising so I am optimistic.

I paid $1500 for 2 treatments so I'm thinking that should take care of it. I will try to update this review fairly often so that you can all follow my progress.

Day of Procedure

I had it done at 3pm. I was too narrow to get good suction on the lg applicator so we ended up doing the medium one which worked great. You can kinda see in the pic that a ton of fat was sucked into the applicator :)

The first 7-10 minutes were uncomfortable and it felt like cold fire. Then I was pretty numb for the rest of it. I am recovering from a cold and was afraid to cough because of the strong suction on my belly, but it was fine. Surprisingly, the massage was fine, not painful at all, but did feel strange.

It was quite uncomfortable for 5 or so minutes after the massage while I was starting to "thaw". Now, 3 hours later, I feel fine. Virtually no discomfort, but kinda numb. I will continue to update as thing change.

So far so good

Slept fine last night, actually slept for almost 12 hours which was much needed. This morning I have no redness and no swelling. The area is fairly tender when touched but otherwise there is no pain.

It seems as if I am actually smaller this morning. I am tracking 3 measurements (natural waist, across the navel, and 2-3" below navel). Yesterday morning I was 27.5, 33, 34 and today I'm 27, 32.25, 32.75 which makes me feel great but I'm sure most of it can be attributed to daily weight fluctuations. I tend to really bloat up quite often...I can eat a meal and end up looking quite pregnant and so far doctors don't really know why...I don't seem to have any food sensitivities/allergies.

Regardless, so far things are going great and there is no pain or swelling!

Can't believe how good I feel

At this point I thought I'd be feeling some actual pain or discomfort besides the numbness and tenderness that I've had since the procedure. This is day 3 and I feel great. Wearing low-rise jeans with no problem, just a typical day at work.
Not noticing any changes at this point, not really swollen either. I am really hoping that this works out and I lose some of the fat :)

1 week update

I'm at the one week mark and not much new to report. Still pretty numb and I've been having some stinging sensations off and on. It's not too bad and comes and goes. I think I will post some photos next week but I'm guessing there won't be any noticeable changes yet.

Waiting

It's been a little over 3 weeks since the procedure. Discomfort is totally gone but some slight numbness lingers. Haven't noticed any big changes yet, which is normal but I'm anxiously waiting :) here is a picture update.

Oops...

I meant 2 weeks post, not 3 weeks.

3 week update

Feeling great! Last night my husband playfully pinched my belly and noticed that there was less to pinch which made me feel like things are changing even thought the pics aren't showing much yet (understandably since it's only been 3 weeks).

Week 4 (Thanksgiving week)

I'm sure I over indulged during the Thanksgiving holiday but I'm seeing a very slight change so I'm pretty happy at this point. I have my second treatment scheduled in about 12 days.

5 weeks

Still no real noticeable changes. I'm sure hoping my second treatment (this Friday) will be worth it.

2nd round

Today was treatment #2. All went as planned, quite tender now but comfortable. The nurse showed me the original photos and compared to the ones taken today and there are some subtle differences (she also said I gained 1 pound) . She is confident that this 2nd treatment will really boost my results. I will keep posting updates and weekly photos. I also took measurements today and I am down .5" at natural waist, 1.5" at the navel, and .75" about 3 inches below navel.

1 week post second treatment

Well most of the tenderness is gone, still some numbness but it seems like the "healing" is progressing faster this time around. Here's some updated pics. I do see some differences but nothing too major at this point. I recently started doing some aerial and pole fitness classes so hopefully I will start seeing some good results from my workouts!

3 weeks post treatment 2

I'm totally back to normal after my second treatment. Here are my latest pics

Better pic...

10 weeks

10 weeks in and here are the pics

1 more week till final doctor photos

I go in for final photos on Friday....I am seeing a difference :)

4.5 months post second treatment

Well it's been about 4.5 months since my second abdominal treatment. Although I expected more dramatic results, I do see changes that I'm happy with. I lost .25" at the natural waist, 1.5" at the navel, and 1.75" at 2-3" below the navel although I gained about 3-4#. I would do one more treatment if it didn't cost so much.
Heartland Dermatology

I can see a noticeable difference in your lower abdomen. Did the treatment hurt more the second time?
No, I'd say it was the same.
Thank you for your updates. I hope your second treatment brings desired results. I just learned I'm lactose intolerant. After all these years my system isn't digesting lactose. Go figure. But, that explains some of my bloat which has greatly subsided. Still, I'm interested in your results. It may be a procedure I'd like to try one day. Good luck.
Im in Cedar Rapids and just got my uper abs done yesterday. Severe bruising on the left side but not the right. How are you feeling now? What should I expect? Im going for my lower ab (large attachment) the day after Christmas. They wanted me to do a 2nd treatment on the upper at the same time (3 hours total). Im scared to do upper and lower at the same time. What do you think?
I had no bruising and I felt good overall. The numbness is almost gone now and I'm quite surprised as to how easy it has all been. Based on my experience so far, I'd be up for 2 treatments in one day...I think that you should just see how it goes for the next week and then make a decision.
Thank you! How long before your swelling went down? I feel pregnant in my upper abs. Did you get a total of 2 treatments? Will you get more?
I didn't have too much swelling, probably lasted a week or so. I purchased 2 treatments and have only had 1 so far. The second is a week from Friday.
Thanks for your postings. Before I attended an information session tonight, I found your reviews and it was quite helpful. After the session, I decided to give it a try and am going to do the upper and lower belly. It will take three applicator hours (only one machine) or three applications to cover the targeted areas for the 1st treatment. I have a little curious. You said you paid $1,500 for two treatments and it took three hours to do the 1st treatment. Does that mean it only takes $250 for each applicator hour?
YIt's $750/treatment. I didn't say that the treatment was 3 hours....just one :)
Thanks for the reply. I did mine upper and lower abs last Saturday, 3 days ago. I got a 20% discount off after attending an information seminar and can have the same deal if I decided to do the 2nd treatment. I feel numbness and some swelling but no other bad side effects so far.
I did upper only two days ago and am supposed to go back on the 26th to do the upper a 2nd time and the lower too. After the first treatment of the upper though, I'm wondering if upper and lower will be too much. Are you finding the upper and lower to be a ton of swelling? Did you do the two small attachments on the upper and the large on the lower?
I did my first coolsculpting last Saturday, Nov 30, so I'm still in my first week. I did both upper and lower abs. They used the large applicator on my lower one and applied the medium one twice on the upper abs. It's swelling now, but I think it's better to let them swelling for two weeks like others said, other than 4 weeks, 2 weeks for each part. I heard it took 4-8 weeks to get the results, is it too fast for you to get your 2nd time?
I think it is. I'm not going to do my upper again yet. I changed my appt on the 26th to be just lower.
Looks good. I can see a difference already. I think you will lol amazing in three months.
Thanks!
I am 68...thru menopause...and for many years have had bloating. I've been tested for some allergies...possible illnesses, etc. Nothing wrong. Yet, no matter what I eat, I get bloating...and because of menopause have begun the weight gain....primarily in my stomach so that I look very matronly. Ugh! I am most interested in hearing your "results" several weeks from now. Good luck.
I too tend to bloat up quite often where I look pregnant after I eat. My stomach is just really sensative to everything. I think it's just trapped gas. I am not allergic to any foods. I've been tested. It just happens.
Same here, I think it's trapped gas too....quite uncomfortable!
How much area did the medium applicator cover? Was the applicator placed directly over your belly button?
It was prob about 8 inches wide and it was over my belly button but not centered, there was more below than above.
Do you feel like it covered the entire area you wanted to treat?