***2wk post op: HOLY SENSITIVITY!!!*** Size DDD/E/F - Who the Hell Knows to C (Hopefully) - Des Moines, IA

Hi everyone! I had my consultation with PS on...

Hi everyone! I had my consultation with PS on 6/22/12, got insurance approval in about 8 days (luckily as that is not the norm) and surgery scheduled for 8/20/12. Just over 2 weeks to go!

I've been considering BR surgery for a few years now. I've lost close to 70 pounds in the last year and a half and lost *maybe* one cup size. I measure to fit in a 36DDD but wear all kinds of sizes based on bra brand. I hate them all! I love this website!

2 weeks to go from today!!! I hurt my knee early...

2 weeks to go from today!!! I hurt my knee early on Saturday morning and have been taking a high power anti-inflammatory drug (Mobic) for 2 days and feeling fine ... calling PS office this moring to see if I can continue to take it for another day or two or if they are going to make me stop. 2 freaking weeks - I can't believe it!!!!!

Well here I am 1-week prior to surgery and...

Well here I am 1-week prior to surgery and FREAKING OUT! My nerves are terrible lately unless I can keep myself occupied and mind off of things. Easier said than done! I am a list-maker so I have a cleaning list, grocery list, and other general to-do list to do this week and upcoming weekend. I've had my surgery date since mid-July and the time has really flown by. I know this last week is going to fly by as well. I almost threw out one of my bras last night because one of the hooks is broken, but decided instead, that I would save it and add it to my Bra Burning Pile post-op! Can't wait to use that firepit in the back yard!!! LOL!

Beginning Stats: 5'10" 195 lbs 36DDD/E/F...

Beginning Stats:

5'10"
195 lbs
36DDD/E/F (?)
Goal: C cup
PS estimates 600 grams on each side to be removed

Here I am about 17 hours pre-op. I didn't sleep...

Here I am about 17 hours pre-op.

I didn't sleep hardly at all last night. ;( I have been fine up until the middle of the night and my stomach was so upset with nerves. My kids (boys age 5.5 and 7) know that I'm having surgey tomorrow but not specifically what - and this morning they keep saying things like: "I had a dream you already had your surgery and you were already all better." And, "I will be taking care of you after your get your surgery, mommy." Me thinks I will be doing a lot of tearing up and crying on and off today.

I am not scheduled until 12:00pm tomorrow with an arrival of 11:00am. PS is estimating to take 600grams from each side for a D cup result, but I've been thinking lots in the last 6 weeks since my consult and think I'd much rather have him try and take me to a C if he thinks he can.

I did get my pedicure yesterday with my girls and got my hair did last night by my awesome sister (highlights and lowlights), then we went out for dinner with my mom, sister, myself and niece.

I don't have much to do today for nesting, a little dusting and vaccuming but that's about it. I did much of my nesting on Friday and Saturday. Hoping to keep myself occupied somehow. Now hoping for some sleep tonight.

Day 1 POST OP: Good Morning everyone! Well, I'm...

Day 1 POST OP: Good Morning everyone! Well, I'm home. Surgery was scheduled for 12:00pm yesterday, the 20th. And I was walked back to the OR at 12:07. I was a ball of nerves but never offered anything to help calm me down. So we arrived at the surgical center, checked in, made my co-insurance payment, answered 1 million of the same questions. STEPPED ON THE SCALE and I had lost over 5 pounds in the last few days!! Rock on!!!

Got my gown on and hospital slippers and hat. Hot look (note sarcasm). Doc marked me up which was somewhat awkward with my husband in the room but I made it. PS was great to mention I had the "boob sweaties" going on. Nice. LOL! I asked if I would be put in a surgical bra after surgery or just bandaged. He told me just the bandage and it would look like some kind of redneck state fair tube top deal. Hot again!

Walked into the OR, anesthesiologist asked if I liked to go on vacation ... how did Hawaii sound ...I said sure and he said Aloha and just like everyone else, woke up in the recovery room with a sore throat from being tubed. I was awake but couldn't keep my eyes open. Painlevel was an 8 I guessed so they gave me 2-3 doses of something in my IV then eventually wheeled me to my discharge/recovery room and made me stand up and take a few steps to the ugly recliner in there - about fell over and instantly got very nauseated and dry heaved a few times.

Surgery took about 3.5 hours, about an hour in recovery, then another hour or hour and a half in discharge/recovery room. My husband went to Walgreens to fill my prescriptions right after they took me back for surgery so it was a straight shot home - which I slept most of the way with my mouth open and drooling. Truly a hot mess.

I am a Diet Dew addict so that was my first priority once we got home.

Rough numbers from PS are that he took 600 grams from lefty and 500 grams from righty. He did complimentary lipo in the pit area so I'm wondering what that will look like. I'm wrapped up pretty tightly, and I do have the drains which will come out on Wednesday (tomorrow) and that's when I will get my grandma surgical bra also. My husband set the alarm clock for meds in the middle of the night which was completely unnecessary because I didn't sleep for more than 2-3 hours total.

I got Percocet and Valium, as well as an antibiotic. I think the Valium wired me up because there is no reason I should have been so wide awake. All in all, I guess I feel pretty good considering I just had surgery. I'm sore in a couple places, the bandage is tight.

Visited the PS this morning to have my drains...

Visited the PS this morning to have my drains removed. I didn't think it was too bad, but definitely weird - I could feel the small tubing moving around in my boobs! PS says, "Didn't I tell you we put worms in there before we finished?" LOL. It felt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD to have the gauze and Ace Bandages taken off today and not be so smushed! Lots of swelling and it looks more like I have one big boob compared to 2 little ones. My surgical bra has this wedge type thing to push in the middle and kinda separate and form the cleavage. Not much bruising to see right now. He did do lipo under the arms/sides. He said he took exactly 600 from leftie and 500 from rightie. The surgical bra feels really good. Boobs have an odd shape to me right now, and are as hard as a rock.

Been taking my pain meds as directed - figure I paid for them, why not take them and stay comfortable! I will work on weaning myself down though. PS said everything looks super duper and no issues at all. I go back in 1 week.

Enjoy the new pix!

Today I am 1 week and 2 days post-op. Feeling...

Today I am 1 week and 2 days post-op. Feeling much better with some pressure, swelling and discomfort but all in all starting to feel like myself again. Visited the PS today and he left the steri-strips in place as they looked clean and no problems (yay!!) I go back in 9 days and he said at that time he will remove the strips and clean everything off. I was given the go-ahead to sleep on my side (THANK GOD), ok to drive, and ok to start resuming light activity as my energy comes back. No "exercise" but walks are okay.

I can't tell how much swelling I have but PS seems to think I will be C/D. I wanted to be C. Not unhappy or regretting anything, just hoping for C more than anything.

I updated some pictures - let me know what you think!

Whoa Mother - I am having some MAJOR sensitivity...

Whoa Mother - I am having some MAJOR sensitivity issues. If I am outside and the wind blows just right or if I happen to get the chills from the air conditioner or something my nips and the rest of my boobs FREAK THE HELL OUT! I mean I guess having the sensitivity is a good thing but damn it's almost painful at this point! Did anyone else have this super sensation? I was thinking I might be up for a little bedroom action but I'm kinda scared about how much it might hurt.

I have an appt. on Friday (which will be 2 days...

I have an appt. on Friday (which will be 2 days short of 3 weeks). I don't think I am ready. I still have my steri strips on and I noticed in the shower tonight that there is a section of my steri strips starting to peel a little so I kinda pulled on it just a little bit to see if I could see the actual incision - GROSS. All I saw was two stitches and I was freaked the HELL out. I don't think I am prepared to see myself all raw and "frankenstein-ish". :(
Konstantinos Lekkas

I am just past three weeks and I know what you mean about super sensitive....ouch! I wound up in tears at the supermarket this week because of the air conditioning being so cold. It seems to be a bit better each day....keeping these girls warm has become a priority. You are right super sensitive is better than numb and this is temporary for sure!
I just posted this same issue on my site.. I am soooo freaking sensitive to the cold its crazy. At least i know now that i'm not crazy :)
This site is fantastic, I am definitely feeling the jitters today and reading all of your posts are so encouraging! To my fellow Iowa girls, I am having my BR done by a plastic surgeon at the Iowa Clinic, Dr. Reece. I was referred to him by my D.O, who said she would send "her own daughter to him." My consult was fabulous, he was great about making sure he met me with my shirt on first, he treated me with the utmost respect, looked me in the eye, asked me many times if I had any questions. I was absolutely terrified to take my shirt off, but Dr. Reece and his nurse Trudi made me feel so comfortable. They assured me that, essentially, they see a lot of boobs and that I didn't have to be embarrassed :) Dr. Reece's bedside manner so far is amazing, and his work speaks for itself....one of my sister's friends went to him and is beyond pleased. Also, I work at a hospice and one of the nurses found out that I was having this and told him to say hi to him for her, as she worked with him on the burn unit for years as he did reconstructive plastic surgery for burn victims. I love that he is more known for his reconstructive work and reductions. The thing is, I went for my consult on 9/20, got my letter in the mail on Saturday, called Monday and they had a cancellation for this upcoming Monday, 10/15..so I took it, but I'm getting extremely nervous today instead of the excitement I've had before. It's all going so fast! I'm not going to back out but words of encouragement from people who've been there would be greatly appreciated!!
We are very close on our surgery dates. I'm intrigued about the "action"? I've been way to nervous to consider it. It's been too long!!
I'm still intrigued too. Still haven't got the guts to "do it". Ha ha.
i am just getting to where thursday is tubes out!!! i am freaking about that!!! ugh another thing to.think about!!! praying it goes well and no freaking out!!
Faythfull,
My tubes weren't bad at all. A little weird, but not painful. It felt like PS was pulling a worm out of my boobs. I told him it felt like that and he actually said, "What, didn't I tell you I put worms in your boobs before I closed you up?" LOL
my ps would come back like that!! lol!!!
Oh yea! A cold room is my nemesis! I'm grateful to still have nipple sensation, but gee golly it gets a bit intense.

Oh yes! I had the super sensitivity as well. As far as hubby action, mine saw a lot of it because of the sensitivity :-) I left a bra on, but I was insatiable. That was so amazing because prior to surgery I had very little sensation at all.
You are looking great!!! I'm glad you're progressing well.
They look fantastic.. you must be so haappy
Looking fabulous!!!

You look wonderful! Congratulations! Are you happy with how they look? Can you tell a difference in your comfort level?
So far, I guess ... for whatever reason I seem to be really hung up on the C/D issue and I have to keep reminding myself that I am only 1.5 weeks post op. I don't lose weight in my boobs so once they're healed, that's as small as they'll get so I hope it's right. :)

I do feel a difference already especially in my shoulders. My back is sore from sleeping on it though now which my PS laughed at and said "Well then, sleep on your side if you want." YAY!!!

It is hard to not be obsessed with those dang letters, isn't it? But you do look significantly smaller, especially from the side! What a difference :-)
You look absolutely great! So few days out and already you make me wish that mine will turn out like yours.... :-)
Love, you look fantastic! And at only one week post-op, too!

Even if you're a full C/ small D right now, keep remembering that it takes a LONG time for the swelling to go down.
they look comfortable .. good luck :)

You will feel like you have so much more mobility now that those tubes are gone! And did you know you had such a small waist under all of that boobage?
I am itchy as hell!!! Been taking 1 Benadryl tablet and it seems to take the edge off temporarily but always comes back. Itchy EVERYWHERE! Yes having the drains gone is wonderful and my waist - was a total surprise to me!

Are you taking Percocet for pain? Percocet does tend to cause itching, so if that is your pain pill you may want to consider asking for something different.
Yes, I am taking percocet. Two at a time - was going to start weaning myself off of it tomorrow morning.

I would anticipate that helping with the itchies! Good luck!
I had the itches but didnt think it would be caused by the percocet! lol. thought it was due to natural healing process, but then again, it was only 4 days after I had the surgery done...so maybe wishful thinking on my part lol. I started out only taking 1 percocet...figured work my way up to more if needed. my girls were hard as a rock too at first...infact, it took nearly 1.5 weeks for the top part of them to start to soften up...which for me was an indication that some of the swelling was starting to go down...yippee! dont have a surgical bra like yours but definitely like the one I have...its keeping the girls real close up and tight .... feels much better that way than not having one on. keep resting!