VellaShape Burns - Denver, CO

I am an extreamly active 35 year old female. I...

I am an extreamly active 35 year old female. I wear a size 4, 133pds, 5'6", medium shoulder frame. I have run in over 18 organized half marathons in the past 16 months.

I had a 3 year old boy who stretched the skin on my belly by about an inch. I cannot physically get this skin tighten with diet or exercise. So,after speaking with American Laser Center about it, they reccomended 8 treatments of the VellaShape to help tighten this area. Yes, this was for my own satisfaction and not a weight loss method.

The first treatement was on Friday, 09/09/11, The sucking and heat was tolerable during the first pass, which lasted 20 minutes of back and forth movements.

Apparently, the heat increased for the second 20 minutes session a few minutes later, because as soon as it touched my abdomin, I felt a "Pinch" which I later learned was burn. The technician lifted the machine immiatly and moved to my other side not realizing that she just burned me and put the maching onto my left side and I immiatly relized that i was burned!

She stopped and said that the first pass should be good. I asked for some ice and she said that I would be just fine. Since I was red from the first treatment, the burn was not noticable...but, I felt it.

I went back to show them the burns today (friday was the procedure, today is monday) and they said that once the burn heals they can do an EMatrix procedure on the scar to help that go away. They asked to see my doctors papers for their records and took some pictures. I asked for a refund of the $1000 for the Vellashape treatment...fingers crossed that I see the credit within a few weeks....Pictures are attached.

Probably not a good thing to invest in.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Update: After visiting my doctor the following...

Update: After visiting my doctor the following day, I was perscribed burn cream and kept the wounds covered for weeks. The burns are starting to heal and I continued to try and get a refund.

I was extreamly surpised to only get a 3/4 refund, which left me paying $250 for this service. I expected American Laser Skincare to be thrilled that I was not charging them for any of my costs with the doctor or med's...

We tried to use Ematrix on the smaller scar and I have yet to notice ANY difference.

I am sad to say that I am not only left with 2 scars on a very visable area, but also with a $250 charge for it.

If you feel the treatment getting hot, you should tell the technician. She will stop! Plus, in the release that you sign before treatment, it tells you there's a possibility for burns and bruising. I've been 4 times, and it's gotten really hot, but I told her and she stopped for a minute, and no burn marks. One or two small bruises and that's it.
The burn marks are gone. I think the products (Burt's bees and Clayton Shagal) worked
Hello. Friday was my 6th velashape/velasmooth treatment. I am very IMPRESSED and HAPPY with my results. I've lost 2 inches in my thighs already! I was told by the technicians that you are supposed to work out after your sessions to keep blood circulating, drink plenty of water and maintain a healthy diet for maximum results. They also told me that a healthy and active individual is the best candidate.

I've only gotten one bruise which was on my 5th session. I will say velasmooth is like a hot, pinching, kneading motion which hurts worse on less fatty areas... The fat areas you don't feel much at all.. As far as velashape goes it's really not all that painful just a sucking (vacuum hose feeling) motion that gets hot. For the results I recieved I say it was definitely worth the uncomfortable pinching. I'm definitely a fan! :-)
American Laser Center

After 1 procedure, I did not see anything positive and I strongly suggest everyone to save their money on this one! Do not go to American Laser Skincare!