Upper/lower abs, hips, inner thighs tumescent lipo 34y.o.

I have battled weight since I was a teenager. I...

I have battled weight since I was a teenager. I am 5'6 and at my largest was 200lbs, but I usually hover between 140-150. I have a fairly small frame so it's all pudge and I hated myself naked, would sit in the closet and cry knowing everything in it makes me look terrible, and was really dreading an upcoming trip to FL with my husband. I work out, anywhere from 0 times a week to 5 times a week. I have a 16yo and a 4 yo. My husband was very supportive and told me to do what makes me happy. So off to my consultation I went. I decided to have my upper/lower abs, hips, and inner thighs done. Went in on the 15th and they got everything done in one session. I have experience with lidocaine not being very effective for me but knowing that the amount they can administer in one day is limited, I sucked it up. I'm not gonna lie, I was in pain. Some spots I felt nothing, others, I swear I felt everything. But remember, I'm the girl that the dentist always has to give extra shots to numb up before dental work. My body just doesn't take to lidocaine very well. I survived the procedure which lasted about 3-3 1/2 hours. I was there a bit longer because my BP plummeted every time I tried to stand. Although lidocaine seems to have little effect on me, everything else seems to give me exaggerated side effects, including the Demerol they gave. The nurse was fabulous and worked with me and tried different tricks until I was back up to 120/70'ish and off we went. They removed 4L. At home, I had some pain but mostly dealt with residual dizziness when ambulating while the Demerol slowly worked it's way out of my system. I basically slept for 2 days and woke up feeling mostly back to normal. I could see immediate results. I was down almost 5lbs the day after surgery. Today is post-op day 4 and I am swollen, bruised, and sore. Bi also worked a 13 hour shift last night. It was rough but I made it. I also tend to bruise easier than the average joe, so don't use me as typical results. But I can still see, through the swelling, that I am thinner looking. I am up a pound and a half from my pre-op weight. But I am not discouraged. I know this is part of the healing process. I will update with pictures as I continue my recovery.

Post-op day 4

Very swollen.

1 week post-op

Pain is getting better. Bruising isn starting to subside. At pre-op weight. Back to wearing compression piece most of day/night to try and help with swelling.

2 weeks post-op

Still tender. Hard lumps in most areas of lipo which nurse told me are areas of extreme inflammation and that activity, gentle massage, and compression garment would help to get rid of the lumps. Wearing compression garment 10-15 hrs/day. Down a pound and a half from pre-op weight. I look sooooo much better in clothes. No more rolls!!! Can't wait for the swelling and inflammation to continue to subside and get closer to my end result.

2.5 weeks post-op

Down 5lbs from pre-op weight (147 to 142). Lumps are starting to get smaller and I am feeling less tender. I can't get over how much better I look in clothes. No change in clothing size yet, but my muffin top isn't pouring out over my pants anymore. Confidence is way up. Very happy I did this. The discomfort is totally worth the results. Every day gets better. Take my advice, be good about your compression garment. I am certain I wouldn't have such positive results this early if I weren't religious about wearing it 12 hours per day minimum. Today was my first day in the second stage garment. Went from a large to a medium. It was tight, I am not gonna lie. But it is helping my thighs soooo much.

4 weeks post-op

Still lumpy but it gets better every day. My thighs are the worst. Attributing this to location and gravity? Sometimes my thighs will feel a pinching sensation but it isn't often and subsides quickly.

2 mos post-op

Feeling pretty good. Thighs and hips are still a bit tender. Massages hurt so good in those areas. But it's all more than tolerable.