Thermage for Loose Skin on Abdomen After Pregnancy - It Worked for Me

I chose Thermage because I had loose skin on my...

I chose Thermage because I had loose skin on my abdomen after two pregnancies. I was not interested in a tummy-tuck, so Thermage appeared to be a good alternative.

So, I'm about 3 years out from the procedure & it still looks great. It got rid of almost all of the wrinkly, loose skin. The only trace remaining is around my belly button.

The downside is this: it is absolutely the most painful experience I have ever had next to child birth. I was stunned by the intensity of the pain. I'm told the stomach area is more sensitive than the face. In any event, I won't find out b/c I won't have it done again.

See before & after photos ... .

See before & after photos ... .

Still a Believer

I am amazed at all the doubters. One even said it doesn't take a rocket science to figure out from the pics that it was my "workout" regimen. Wow, he/she must have gone to Oxford; I am utterly undone by that analysis. As if he/she knows anything at all about my diet/exercise choices, lifestyle, etc. The comment also incorrectly presupposes that all skin responds the same to being stretched into a Volkswagon. Does any woman out there really believe that if they just lost weight and did lots of abs, their skin would simply return to its former elasticity? For some women it does b/c of this radical thing called genetics, but for most, it does not. Think of it another way: if skin did return to its pre-pregnancy elasticity, so would the skin of obese people after massive weight loss and plastic surgeons wouldn't be advertising for post-weight loss surgeries. One final thing - I am in the best shape of my life since having a third child in 2011. I am thinner than I was in this after picture and I have abs too, but guess what - the wrinkly skin is back w/ a vengeance!
Alexis Parker

After looks great! I did 3 natural child births and you are scaring me about the pain. I am debating against Thermage (radio frequency) vs VaserShape (ultrasound). Anyone have opinions on that? Thanks!
I haven't heard of VaserShape so I can't opine on whether one is more effective than the other. Since I had mine done - maybe 7 or 8 years ago - the technology has allegedly improved. I am told there is a bigger laser head available, which means, the application of the RF covers more real estate in each pass, which would result in a shorter overall procedure time. Good luck!

I think it looks like you lost a lot of weight from all over your body. In fact, your skin tone is so different in each photo, I actually doubt it's the same person in each photo.

Wow, really? The after picture is from Mexico when I had a TAN and the before picture is in the dead of winter in my house. Ksrsten, what would I gain from posting a picture of someone else, exactly?
Thanks! Dr. Alexis Parker in Denver.
I live in Denver also and I am interested in the procedure but having a hard time locating a facility. Can you please let me where you had it done. You look great by the way!
No you didn't represent that.. but you didn't mention it either, and my point was more about pointing out how women will look at that and not consider your workout regimen and will assume thermage can do that. Unfortunately you took it as a direct criticism which is not what was intended. On the upside, it worked for you... many women I know have a barely visible improvement.
Yes I agree with you skeptic. In Nicmar's photo, before treatment she doesnt have any sagging at all. It just looks like bloating from pregnancy.
All she needed to do was work out to get her stomach back to normal and naturally through excercise the skin does adjust, which nicmar did. Hence the results in the 6 pack picture. So nicmar's review personally hasnt convinced me whatsoever. Honestly people doesnt take a rocket scientist to work this out from nicmars photo's.

It seems it was a combo approach, she was working out & had the treatment done. It is hard to say exactly what parts of the change are attributed to her dedication to working out and what is the treatment - but whatever it was, I think we can all agree she looks great!!

Well, duh, "skeptic"; of course the muscles are from working out. First, I didn't represent that I got a six-pack from the Thermage procedure. I stated that Thermage addressed my loose skin - pay attention.
I'm sorry Nicmar, but there is no way that your after pic is the result of thermage!! You can clearly see your muscles defined which is a result of working out not a collagen stimulating procedure!! Ladies, don't fall for that review!!

I have a flat stomach also, but have wrinkly skin which is what I want improved. Her initial post was clearly about wrinkly skin and not fat removal. P.S. Your post was rudely stated.

Nicmar is right, Thermage on the stomach is the most painful thing I've experienced next to child labor. I did it once. It worked for sure, but I'd never do it again due to the pain factor! Nicmar, your after photos are amazing. The pics look like they are two totally different people!
Considering two pregnancies, you look great before and after. Glad that you had a great experience. Blessings
By the way,your before pic looks awsome too, I don't see any saggy wrinkly skin! Wish I looked like that a bikini ;)
Wow!! Judging from the pics you look GREAT! I will be getting this done instead of a tummy tuck! What doctor did you go to and where is the location,I will go out of my way to go to your doctor,they did a awsome job,congrats!
I will see what I can come up w/. I definitely have after pics but I will have to dig for before pics.
Glad it looks great an you are happy! Could you possibly post before and after pics? What docotor did you go to? I would love to get this done on my tummy.