Thermage for Loose Skin on Abdomen After Pregnancy - It Worked for Me

I chose Thermage because I had loose skin on my...

I chose Thermage because I had loose skin on my abdomen after two pregnancies. I was not interested in a tummy-tuck, so Thermage appeared to be a good alternative.

So, I'm about 3 years out from the procedure & it still looks great. It got rid of almost all of the wrinkly, loose skin. The only trace remaining is around my belly button.

The downside is this: it is absolutely the most painful experience I have ever had next to child birth. I was stunned by the intensity of the pain. I'm told the stomach area is more sensitive than the face. In any event, I won't find out b/c I won't have it done again.

See before & after photos ... .

See before & after photos ... .

Still a Believer

I am amazed at all the doubters. One even said it doesn't take a rocket science to figure out from the pics that it was my "workout" regimen. Wow, he/she must have gone to Oxford; I am utterly undone by that analysis. As if he/she knows anything at all about my diet/exercise choices, lifestyle, etc. The comment also incorrectly presupposes that all skin responds the same to being stretched into a Volkswagon. Does any woman out there really believe that if they just lost weight and did lots of abs, their skin would simply return to its former elasticity? For some women it does b/c of this radical thing called genetics, but for most, it does not. Think of it another way: if skin did return to its pre-pregnancy elasticity, so would the skin of obese people after massive weight loss and plastic surgeons wouldn't be advertising for post-weight loss surgeries. One final thing - I am in the best shape of my life since having a third child in 2011. I am thinner than I was in this after picture and I have abs too, but guess what - the wrinkly skin is back w/ a vengeance!
Alexis Parker