Looking to Remove Black Ink Tattoo (Only 1 Month Old/Denver)

I made the choice to have a tattoo last month,...

I made the choice to have a tattoo last month, which in retrospect may not have been the best decision. I have been struggling w/ my decision for the better half of this month to the point of feeling very depressed. I'm not entirely at odds w/ the design, after all I had planned it for several years...but the final product I realize changes my image in a way that I was not prepared to accept and has caused me great distress. I've gone to Ink-B-Gone in Denver, a reputable place which uses a Q Switched Yag laser. I was told that the procedure could be done successfully (Without scarring) but that it would entail 7-10 different sessions over the course of 2 years. While i'm not rich, my primary concern is not cost but quality...I realize I made a mistake...and I'm willing to save the money accordingly...but I want to make sure it's done right. The rep at Ink-B-Gone told me that Picosure is the future of laser removal technology, but that, as far as she knew, has not shown any greater success with black ink than the current gold standard, Q-switched laser. Given reviews and information I've read online, I've seen different reviews on picosure and it's effects on black ink, it also seems to work faster and better. I feel the need to open this discussion as I'm latching on to this hope to get past this funk and start feeling proactive about my decision to move forward with removal with hopes. I was fortunate that the artist I went to was extremely skilled and after only a month my tattoo is entirely flat, save for a couple random lines, I can't feel the tattoo on my skin...nor is there any shine to point to any scarring. I'm hopeful that this can also offer some hope for a more effective removal in the longterm. Denver, as far as I know, does not have a picosure laser, so I am willing to travel, potentially to nyc, fl, or Atlanta for each procedure. Recommendations and feedback are appreciated.

Ideal Image (Centennial, Denver, Colorado) Picosure

It's been a while since my original review while i try to decide how to move forward. At this point I'm leaning towards removal w/ a Picosure laser. I came across Ideal Image, located in Centennial, they have a Picosure laser...however I have not found any reviews for this location's services and their website only provides generic information reg. their franchise. I'm told they have Doctors on staff, and have scheduled a consult w/ them. Does anybody have any reviews for Ideal Image?

Ideal Image

Still exploring solutions for removal; though I'm also trying to heal from this recent trauma by learning to embrace my tattoo for what it is aesthetically, and what drove me to think it was a good idea in the first place. I have my moments though brief, where i'm hopeful. This Saturday I have an appt at Ideal Image for a consult for removal w/ picosure in Denver. I tried calling their office but all calls go to their customer service hotline, and not their local office (yet another concern.) I was told that there is a medical doctor who supervises the PAs and nurses that operate the laser; i guess we'll have to see what i learn from the consult. I'm also trying to explore cities near Denver that I could commute to for removal w/ picosure. At this point, expensive or not, my skin is priority and w/ laser removal as risky as already is, I don't want to take any additional risks that I can otherwise avoid.

Worries about Tattoo Scarring

I only know one person who has had tattoo removal, and it was of a solid black amateur tattoo they had done to themselves using a professional gun. After two years of laser removal w/ a Yah laser, there is barely a tan line of the original design left over...though it is slightly raised and gets inflamed in the sun. I am both comforted by the success of the removal and also nervous about the possibility of a visible residual pattern of tattoo leopard spots on my arm...i guess i'll have to wait and talk to a professional before jumping to any conclusions.

Undecided

I'm having a stressful time trying to gauge other picosure users' progress based on pics. I've heard many people claim that picosure works well, however many of the pics i've seen, after 2-4 tx appear very hyper/hypo pigmented, which i realize can totally fade...however my fear is that there are textural differences, hypertrophic scarring from the procedures...Does anybody know of instances of hypertrophic or textural scarring from picosure tx?

Celebrity Tattoo Removal

Anything I've seen about celebrity tattoo removals never mention the types of lasers being used; there's also rarely any follow up. For example, Megan Fox has been removing some ink since sometime in 2010/2011? Was her Marilyn Monroe tattoo ever removed? On the plus side it's good to see that celebrities having tattoo removal is increasingly visible. I mean, it's encouraging to see affluent individuals...whose body image is largely their most important asset...go through removal. If they are doing it, it stands to believe that there is hope for effective removal that would not damage their skin, but it would be nice to know what procedures they are using as well as progress...as a gauge for others going through the same. Please note that I am not invested in celebrities in the least...just wondering. Btw....cancelled my appt w/ Ideal Image in Centennial, CO this week for a picosure consult due to lack of transport...will reschedule.

The Internet is nothing but discouraging

Looking up tattoo removal before and after pics are so discouraging and always have me thinking the worst...I want to see examples of complete removals and I haven't really, save for the same stock photos over and over again. Is this industry being deceptive? I don't mean to be a downer, but i'm desperate for clear answers. I see several examples of pics of ongoing tx, and rarely results. Of the results I've seen they're never complete or look discouraging. Picosure providers and online reviews promise greater success but there are even fewer before and after pics to refer to. Granted picosure is still very new, so it's not hard to imagine why it would be so rare to find results. Is it possible that the people with good results just don't bother showing them off? Or are they simply nill...these questions to be answered hopefuly in time.

you probably wont ever get complet removal of any tattoo especially such dense dense black ink like you have, would you consider a beautiful cover up once its lightened? i think a beautifully done feminine sleeve is the most beautiful thing on a women. instagram gotattooremoval for honest fading, its my tech, shows you whats possible with a good laser and good tech.check my review also
Falco, I appreciate your response. Though I'm still holding out hope that complete removal is possible. For such a large tattoo, this was my first and I had planned it for a year before getting it. I guess I just wasn't ready for the adjustment, so part of me is sitting with it and appreciating it for what it is. After all the design is still meaningful to me. While most results I see are incomplete, I've seen a handful of results in person that look great; including dense black ink, My partner who is in the process of having one removed has had 6 tx w/ a q-switch it looks like a slight tan, she had her seventh two weeks ago so. It's not complete, but we're hoping to see how it goes. Btw...ur animal sleeve tattoos are amazing. I was showing them to a friend of mine, very impressive work. Thank you for your feedback!
thank you, best of luck on this journey and keep your spirits up! always remember it could be worse, looking forward to your progress
Luzoscura, do you mind me asking how long between treatments your partner has been waiting? Sounds like they've made great progress.
I know Mike using Fotona at one of his locations. I recall he was a skeptic of Picosure in one of his post. His results are pretty good and backed up by the photos. However we still don't see many complete removals especially of professional and heavy inked tattoos.
I agree. It would be good to see more complete examples online. I plan on documenting this thing until the bitter end, in the hope that eventually I'll get back to clear (or damn near close enough) skin and so anyone new to the experience can gain some peace of mind. It's weird if you think about it; such a huge amount of effort required to getting ourselves back to the way nature intended us to be. It's like one big huge step backwards, and then a big pain in the ass trying to reach that 'neutral' again.
Yeah. That's largely my concern. I've seen some people w/ impressive results, but they're few. What ends up happening is that I see more incomplete results that make me lose hope. I have to remind myself that there are good results out there. My partner has had removal of her tattoo w/ a q-switch laser, and there's but a faint tan line left of what was once a dense black ink tattoo...She just had her 7th tx two weeks ago, so it should still be fading.
The longer I go through this the more I hear about examples of complete or near enough complete removal. Like you say, the internet is full of pictures of partial or incomplete removals, which can be discouraging, but this is likely due to people being more inclined to share bad news, rather than good. Also, the pictures you see at the end of treatments normally don't include the time it takes for skin pigment etc to readjust, as they are largely taken at the clinic, by the technicians, at their (or shortly after their) last treatment, hence there are a lot lot of 'shadow' pictures around. The one review on the internet (google - 'wordpress tattoo removed lessons learned) that gives me the most hope, shows a tattoo 100% removed. This is enough to motivate me and demonstrates that complete removal is possible. Think of the many thousands of successful tattoo removals coming to an end around the world now that just won't be documented and put on to the internet. The process works. Sure, it works better for some than others, but remember we'll only see mostly the bad stuff online. With Picosure I imagine most people are still completing their removals, as it's only been out a year or so, so more and more pictures should be popping up soon.
Wilks1986, thank you for your thoughtful response. Everything you say makes sense; I think it's just nice to hear somebody else say it. You're right about picosure also, it has only been a year. I think it's just easy for me to see bad results again and again and lose hope. Thanks!
You're welcome. I checked out that Facebook page - love seeing pictures like that!! Very encouraging. Have you thought more about what your next step will be?
I agree, wonderful response from Wilks1986, puts things into perspective!
Hi there girl! Im a guy that also has a big tattoo and has been thinking for tattoo removal for a while. I just wanted to comment about the thing you posted a few minutes ago... I really think that it can be removed but you have to consider that the Picosure technology is so new that for a big and dense tattoo you will need maybe like 2 or 3 years. It still hasnt arrive the moment that one patient has sticked to Picosure for that time so its still impossible to prove that. Keep the faith! Im in the same situation as you and i feel it can be erased. But patience, lots of pacience... Mine goes from my elbow til my shoulder and i know that if i wanted to do tattoo removal i have to stick minim to 2 and a half or more years of picosure
thank you low77...I appreciate the optimism. I wish you the best. I've heard so much variation regarding the possibility of removing tattoos. What I find disheartening is the mixed information out there. I've been told by some 6 tx, and by others 10...so I've definitely heard anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2. Time would not be as much of a concern if I could find enough examples of other people achieving full removal...I guess I just want to think that there's a light at the end of this tunnel and that I won't just be stuck indefinitely in the darkness. I'm still teetering on accepting the tattoo, though that's only b/c to do otherwise seems challenging. I wish you the best in your removal!
I think the only celebrity that I've read about with a complete removal is Mark Walburg. He had a tattoo on his shoulder that was predominately black and it's gone. Though, like you say , they don't mention the type of laser used. I want to say he had it removed even before picosure but I could be wrong. He is a celebrity so he might've had access to it before the general population. Good luck to you!
Well you bring up a lot of concerns. Yes, there are a lot of celebrities undergoing removal. And yes, it takes some time. No matter where you go, who you are, this removal process is not quick. As for your friend, who did an amateur tattoo, they are much easier to remove. I had my tattoo 6 weeks and then began removal. After ten sessions, it's still there, but it is definitely fading. I don't have any skin damage, no scars, no raised points. And all of that makes me happy. I drink and eat healthy, exercise and sleep as much as I can. I go to a clinic with a medical doctor and experienced staff, it's expensive but worth it. It's important to also keep in mind that everyone's experience with removal is different from others. Staying positive also seems to help. At times, it can be difficult, but the mind is a powerful healing tool. You will receive lots of support on this forum, there are hundreds of people undergoing this procedure and the support is astounding. Good luck, keep us posted. aloha...k
I think you bring up an interesting topic, I have wondering the same thing...they never really show the later stages of their removal...only the start of it, and they never talk about the type of treatment/laser.

Let us know when you get your treatment.
Im 16 and have a bible verse tattoo on my forearm with clouds around it and i don't like it. it's in all black. but i don't think i can afford. i guesss i'll just have to adjust to it
Hi Tay_asvp, how old is your tattoo?
it's only 2 days old. :(
it's only 4 days old :(
Ok, it takes time to adjust to a new tattoo, I say give yourself a few weeks, black looks really dark when it's new, it will fade....trust me.

What exactly don't you like about it?
i have these clouds that are above the bible verse, and they don't look like clouds. it just looks like black spots.
Scaring from picosure is pretty far and few honestly. There's a guy on here who even said the picosure helped REDUCE a scar he had on his arm. It's really just about making sure you take great care of it after each treatment. :)
Confused89...thank you for your response. I've definitely heard people say what you're saying...I guess it's that there is also immediate swelling and raising of tattoo after treatments, and most of the pictures show that, so visually it's hard to gauge from pics alone. I actually met somebody yesterday who has had tattoo removal and was impressed w/ the results, nearly total removal after 6 tx of a solid black tattoo on her foot w/ a yag laser in Denver...really impressive. So picosure is that much more encouraging at this point. Thanks.
Love hearing about stories like this!!