Looking to Remove Black Ink Tattoo (Only 1 Month Old/Denver)

I made the choice to have a tattoo last month,...

I made the choice to have a tattoo last month, which in retrospect may not have been the best decision. I have been struggling w/ my decision for the better half of this month to the point of feeling very depressed. I'm not entirely at odds w/ the design, after all I had planned it for several years...but the final product I realize changes my image in a way that I was not prepared to accept and has caused me great distress. I've gone to Ink-B-Gone in Denver, a reputable place which uses a Q Switched Yag laser. I was told that the procedure could be done successfully (Without scarring) but that it would entail 7-10 different sessions over the course of 2 years. While i'm not rich, my primary concern is not cost but quality...I realize I made a mistake...and I'm willing to save the money accordingly...but I want to make sure it's done right. The rep at Ink-B-Gone told me that Picosure is the future of laser removal technology, but that, as far as she knew, has not shown any greater success with black ink than the current gold standard, Q-switched laser. Given reviews and information I've read online, I've seen different reviews on picosure and it's effects on black ink, it also seems to work faster and better. I feel the need to open this discussion as I'm latching on to this hope to get past this funk and start feeling proactive about my decision to move forward with removal with hopes. I was fortunate that the artist I went to was extremely skilled and after only a month my tattoo is entirely flat, save for a couple random lines, I can't feel the tattoo on my skin...nor is there any shine to point to any scarring. I'm hopeful that this can also offer some hope for a more effective removal in the longterm. Denver, as far as I know, does not have a picosure laser, so I am willing to travel, potentially to nyc, fl, or Atlanta for each procedure. Recommendations and feedback are appreciated.
Hi luzoscura, Im from Spain and I have a similar problem to yours. I had a big black bird done in my arm (from the arm to my back) and even the tattoo is incredibly well done, I don't like it. The bird is so black and so dense that Im doubting if a Picosure can do something with it... How much "black" do you think the Picosure will erase of your tattoo? Stay positive girl!
I am in the same boat, ive had this new tattoo for 4 days, it I actually a cover up on an older one, but now... I hate it even more. Starnge, because I have 6 other tattoos that I love! the first one was all in pink, an the new one is in black on top. Is it even possible to remove two tattoos on top of each other that were done three years apart? I am having sleepless nights and im stressing out, I cant afford a million laser sessions. any advise? im quite desperate.
Hi there! I am currently getting treated with the Picosure, and I must say I haven't seen a dramatic difference between it and a standard q switched. I've had two treatments with the Picosure, and have had some noticeable fading, but not quite as much as I expected. I pay $800 a treatment. I would recommend trying a q switched laser first, and see how it goes. I had dramatic fading on my very first treatment with a qyag. I now travel 3 hours one way for the Picosure in hopes that I will start to see amazing progress. Good luck with your decision, and keep us posted!

Ideal Image (Centennial, Denver, Colorado) Picosure

It's been a while since my original review while i try to decide how to move forward. At this point I'm leaning towards removal w/ a Picosure laser. I came across Ideal Image, located in Centennial, they have a Picosure laser...however I have not found any reviews for this location's services and their website only provides generic information reg. their franchise. I'm told they have Doctors on staff, and have scheduled a consult w/ them. Does anybody have any reviews for Ideal Image?
Holy cow! You found picosure in Denver. I have been scouring the web for one in Denver since beginning removal in april of '12. I couldn't find any reviews either. What worries me is that they barely seem to advertise tattoo removal as a service. When I started this process I was told by several people to look for places that specialize in just that, or at least that is their main revenue source. I have already paid for one more q-switched treatment, but I will keep my eye on these guys for sure. I would proceed with caution though. Seems like that may be newer location? Not sure. Good luck with the consult! Let us know how it goes. I am very interested to hear your thoughts on this place.

Ideal Image

Still exploring solutions for removal; though I'm also trying to heal from this recent trauma by learning to embrace my tattoo for what it is aesthetically, and what drove me to think it was a good idea in the first place. I have my moments though brief, where i'm hopeful. This Saturday I have an appt at Ideal Image for a consult for removal w/ picosure in Denver. I tried calling their office but all calls go to their customer service hotline, and not their local office (yet another concern.) I was told that there is a medical doctor who supervises the PAs and nurses that operate the laser; i guess we'll have to see what i learn from the consult. I'm also trying to explore cities near Denver that I could commute to for removal w/ picosure. At this point, expensive or not, my skin is priority and w/ laser removal as risky as already is, I don't want to take any additional risks that I can otherwise avoid.

Worries about Tattoo Scarring

I only know one person who has had tattoo removal, and it was of a solid black amateur tattoo they had done to themselves using a professional gun. After two years of laser removal w/ a Yah laser, there is barely a tan line of the original design left over...though it is slightly raised and gets inflamed in the sun. I am both comforted by the success of the removal and also nervous about the possibility of a visible residual pattern of tattoo leopard spots on my arm...i guess i'll have to wait and talk to a professional before jumping to any conclusions.
Thanks for the update, I think that is smart to wait it out and weigh all your options. I wonder why your friends scar raises in the sun...maybe its due to the pores opening up in the heat?
Eva...i have no idea myself, but it happens in the shower too. Have you heard of that happening before w/ removals?
Rethinkingmyink...I'll definitely post an udpate after the consult. Stay posted.

Undecided

I'm having a stressful time trying to gauge other picosure users' progress based on pics. I've heard many people claim that picosure works well, however many of the pics i've seen, after 2-4 tx appear very hyper/hypo pigmented, which i realize can totally fade...however my fear is that there are textural differences, hypertrophic scarring from the procedures...Does anybody know of instances of hypertrophic or textural scarring from picosure tx?
Scaring from picosure is pretty far and few honestly. There's a guy on here who even said the picosure helped REDUCE a scar he had on his arm. It's really just about making sure you take great care of it after each treatment. :)
Confused89...thank you for your response. I've definitely heard people say what you're saying...I guess it's that there is also immediate swelling and raising of tattoo after treatments, and most of the pictures show that, so visually it's hard to gauge from pics alone. I actually met somebody yesterday who has had tattoo removal and was impressed w/ the results, nearly total removal after 6 tx of a solid black tattoo on her foot w/ a yag laser in Denver...really impressive. So picosure is that much more encouraging at this point. Thanks.
Love hearing about stories like this!!

Celebrity Tattoo Removal

Anything I've seen about celebrity tattoo removals never mention the types of lasers being used; there's also rarely any follow up. For example, Megan Fox has been removing some ink since sometime in 2010/2011? Was her Marilyn Monroe tattoo ever removed? On the plus side it's good to see that celebrities having tattoo removal is increasingly visible. I mean, it's encouraging to see affluent individuals...whose body image is largely their most important asset...go through removal. If they are doing it, it stands to believe that there is hope for effective removal that would not damage their skin, but it would be nice to know what procedures they are using as well as progress...as a gauge for others going through the same. Please note that I am not invested in celebrities in the least...just wondering. Btw....cancelled my appt w/ Ideal Image in Centennial, CO this week for a picosure consult due to lack of transport...will reschedule.
I think the only celebrity that I've read about with a complete removal is Mark Walburg. He had a tattoo on his shoulder that was predominately black and it's gone. Though, like you say , they don't mention the type of laser used. I want to say he had it removed even before picosure but I could be wrong. He is a celebrity so he might've had access to it before the general population. Good luck to you!
Well you bring up a lot of concerns. Yes, there are a lot of celebrities undergoing removal. And yes, it takes some time. No matter where you go, who you are, this removal process is not quick. As for your friend, who did an amateur tattoo, they are much easier to remove. I had my tattoo 6 weeks and then began removal. After ten sessions, it's still there, but it is definitely fading. I don't have any skin damage, no scars, no raised points. And all of that makes me happy. I drink and eat healthy, exercise and sleep as much as I can. I go to a clinic with a medical doctor and experienced staff, it's expensive but worth it. It's important to also keep in mind that everyone's experience with removal is different from others. Staying positive also seems to help. At times, it can be difficult, but the mind is a powerful healing tool. You will receive lots of support on this forum, there are hundreds of people undergoing this procedure and the support is astounding. Good luck, keep us posted. aloha...k
I think you bring up an interesting topic, I have wondering the same thing...they never really show the later stages of their removal...only the start of it, and they never talk about the type of treatment/laser.

Let us know when you get your treatment.

The Internet is nothing but discouraging

Looking up tattoo removal before and after pics are so discouraging and always have me thinking the worst...I want to see examples of complete removals and I haven't really, save for the same stock photos over and over again. Is this industry being deceptive? I don't mean to be a downer, but i'm desperate for clear answers. I see several examples of pics of ongoing tx, and rarely results. Of the results I've seen they're never complete or look discouraging. Picosure providers and online reviews promise greater success but there are even fewer before and after pics to refer to. Granted picosure is still very new, so it's not hard to imagine why it would be so rare to find results. Is it possible that the people with good results just don't bother showing them off? Or are they simply nill...these questions to be answered hopefuly in time.
I am about to go for a consultation in Miami for a picosure laser removal. I also have a very fresh tat. no more than a month old in some spots and not more than two weeks old in other places. It looks horrible. I had completely different idea in my head of what the finished product would look like. Now looking at the finished product its just a big brown square on my side with some baby blue around it and a few other little details. Ive been doing a lot of online research into laser removal and it looks like pico sure is the way to go to remove all this light colour. Its all been whip shaded as i was going for an old map sort of look. So the ink isn't very dense in most places. Ive actually just been researching into ReCell which is basically a skin spray. its used for serious burn victims in Australia and from what i can find on the net it looks like they are trying to make it work for tattoo removal. The basic concept is they take a patch of healthy skin from the same area and put it in a machine which breaks down the cells and duplicates the required one until a liquid is made. Then they remove the skin and literally spray it on. it takes 5-7 days for the first layer of skin to rejuvenate and then the rest just grows back normally over the course of a few months. I know it sounds pretty intense getting your skin cut off and being treated like a serious burn victim but by the looks of it you would be up and going within a month with your tattoo completely gone and possibly only some light scarring which may disappear overtime if you treat it right.. Use Bio-oil or something similar. To me this method is much preferable than spending 2-3 years hiding from the sun while getting layered at 2 month intervals. However My tattoo is very large covering my whole side and i don't know if the ReCell approach is possible. Has anyone heard about anything like this? i know the FDA is currently running trials on ReCell for use in the states!! Anyway I've sent emails to providers of ReCell treatment in Australia and England. Hopefully i get a positive response! But no matter what this tattoo must go. I would rather spend 10-15,000 now than carry this ugly thing on my side for the next 40-60 years! Best of luck everyone!
aloha danielw, I would consult with an expert but I wonder if this ReCell is appropriate for tattoo removal/coverage. The tattoo ink goes down into the skin in many layers, not just the surface. As for wanting the ink removed and will to spend thousands upon thousands, the price is what it is. We don't have any control over that, but for many the cost is definitely worth it. Good luck with your research, keep us updated. aloha...k
you probably wont ever get complet removal of any tattoo especially such dense dense black ink like you have, would you consider a beautiful cover up once its lightened? i think a beautifully done feminine sleeve is the most beautiful thing on a women. instagram gotattooremoval for honest fading, its my tech, shows you whats possible with a good laser and good tech.check my review also