Can't believe I did it!

So glad I found this community for advice and...

So glad I found this community for advice and support! I am deciding whether or not it's time to finally get this done. I broke my nose when I was about 11, and have hated my profile ever since. I've been lucky to be a confident person aside from my nose, but I am having some breathing problems.

Also, I'm getting married in April and I can't imagine spending all day avoiding "bad angles". Haha I know you all know what I mean! So I have a consultation set up for early next month and I keep going back and forth on whether or not to do it.

My main concerns are: I don't want a nose that doesn't fit my face and regret getting it done. Also, I'm concerned about people's reactions to it! I am a pretty private person and I don't want to have to do a lot of explaining.

I uploaded some photos and would appreciate any advice I can get from those who have been through the process already! Thank you!!

Simulated pictures

Played with a simulation app to try to see what I would want- definitely something subtle!

More simulated pictures :)

Let me know what you think!

First Consultation Today!

I was very nervous but I met with Dr. Imola today, my first consultation. The staff there were all amazing- friendly, patient, and caring. Great experience! Dr. Imola didn't spend much time with me and seemed very down to business which is fine with me! He confirmed I do have a deviated septum and he said he could fix that, and also remove my dorsal hump. Because I have such thin skin on my nose, he said he would need to take some skin from my face (scalp/temple area) to make it thicker. He would be doing an open rhinoplasty and said he charges more than other doctors because he schedules more time as he is a perfectionist. His simulation gave me a very straight nose (no curve). I absorbed a lot of information today, so I'm feeling a little anxious!!

Second Consultation!

I had my second consultation in Denver today- this time with Dr. Slenkovich. Wow, what a great experience! He was VERY personable and made me feel very comfortable. He explained everything so in depth and seemed very attentive. I had a great experience also with Lyndsay, the Patient Care Coordinator. While Dr. Imola seems to have a lot more rhinoplasty reviews on here, I had such a great feeling with Dr. Slenkovich that I am leaning a little bit in that direction. I can't decide though as I really like Dr. Imola's before and after pictures, and he really seems to have a great aesthetic. I set up two more consultations- one with Dr. Raval and one with Dr. Cote. Let me know if you have any experience with any of these doctors please!!

October 13th--Surgery Booked!!

I booked my surgery today!! I will be going with Dr. Raval in Denver. I had 3 consultations, and I felt that he was my best fit personally. He seemed very connected and confident that he could give me great results, his before/after pictures were my favorites in Denver, and the digital imaging he created for me was the most similar to what my desired outcome will be. On top of that, he specializes in facial plastic surgery, and in particular, rhinoplasty. I have a good feeling that he is the right doctor for me and am really excited to get the surgery booked! I am getting nervous now that it is actually going to happen!

More Before Pictures

Just wanted to include some more before pictures now that I have it scheduled so I have more to compare it to when it is done!!

Pre-op Appointment

I can't believe I'm really doing it!! It seems surreal. Had my pre-op appointment, only 10 more days to go! Excited but nervous and have so appreciated all of the support and help I've gotten on this site!

Tomorrow!!!!

Ah!! I can't believe it's finally here after all these years and I can't believe I'm actually going through with it! Feeling nervous and excited! More nervous that I don't want to have it look like Michael Jackson or something after it's done lol. Just ready for this day to be over with at this point!

Surgery Done!

Well I did it! I can't believe it. I am at home recovering. Not in much pain, just pressure and uncomfortable. I already have a lot of swelling and some pretty huge shiners! But overall I don't feel bad. It was a long day so hopefully ill get some sleep tonight. Can't believe I have a new nose under this cast- I wish I could see it!

The worst part that for some reason I wasn't expecting is how much it is bleeding. For some reason it is just grossing me out so bad it's really the worst part. Hopefully that will be better tomorrow. I wil post again tomorrow :)

Post-Op Day 1

I feel pretty good considering it's my first day post op! Slept a few hours on and off in a recliner. I've been taking my pain meds religiously lol I think that helps!
So glad the bleeding slowed down that was the worst part.

Also I have really bad bruising and swelling already. I definitely have the avatar look going on! And he had to make a couple small incisions in my nose because it was so badly broken and there were lots of bone fragments and scar tissue.

Now I'm just ready to stop wearing the gauze and for the bruising and swelling to subside! I've been taking vitamin c and arnica for the past week and also they prescribed me Celebrex for swelling which I've been taking too.

Day 2 Recovery

So I just up on the second day after my surgery. I don't feel that awful but my god I look TERRIBLE! My swelling and bruising are the worst ever. Ugh kill me

Day 3 after surgery

So yesterday was pretty brutal. I felt awful like I had a bad headache all day and I threw up a few times which felt awful but it also meant I couldn't keep the meds down. So my doctor called in an anti nausea med for me and that helped a lot.
Today I woke up and felt 100x better. Like so so much better. No headache, no nauseau. I showered and cleaned my face and felt much better. Then I went to my first post-op appt and had my stents taken out. I can't even tell you how greatthat felt to get them removed! Also I can breathe for the first time since I can ever remember. It's an Incredible feeling! My bruising and swelling are so bad but my doc said totally normal. But they did a laser bruising treatment for me for free which was awesome!
So happy I can breathe, now I just need to stop swelling so I can look like myself again.

Day 2 vs. Day 3 Pictures

You can see how much worse I was on Day 2! Day 3 I feel like a whole new person!

Day 4- feeling good

Today is the first day I can say that I actually feel good. I can breathe through my nose (even though it is stuffed up) and I wasn't in any pain. I am starting to feel like myself again! I still have bad bruising and swelling but they are both noticeably improving everyday which gives me hope that they will be gone by the time I have to go back to work in 9 days! Eating and drinking normally now. Took a little lunchbreak outside in my backyard and the fresh air feels good. It is such a weird sensation to breathe through my nose! For any of you ladies who did this in part bc of breathing issues, you will be amazed!
I was cleaning out my nostrils and I think I accidentally pulled out a stitch but it didn't hurt and it looks fine so I'm just going to pretend it didn't happen lol.
I get my cast off on Monday so just 2 more full days with it on! I am starting to see the shape of it a little better now that the swelling is moving down my face a little bit. I look like a chipmunk with very colorful bruises haha. My fiancée keeps telling me I look great and that I look better everyday so that helps :) my dog has been such a good little snuggle buddy that I had to post a picture of him too. Thanks to all you ladies on here for your support I honestly don't think I would have gone through with it if it weren't for all of you! Xoxo

Day 5- better everyday!

Just trying to post a daily update in case it might help anyone else! Not a lot new to report, feeling and looking slightly better today and everyday there is some improvement. I am going for a car ride it's so nice out today we are going to go drive and look at the leaves changing colors in the mountains. It feels so good to get out and I can finally breathe through my nose which is incredible! My smile still looks weird but I think it is showing small improvement too so staying positive! I cannot wait to wash my hair and face normally when I get the cast off on in 2 days! I feel so gross! Slept all through the night last night which was the first time and felt great.

Day 6- last day with cast on!

Today I am looking like myself and feeling good! I am still a little woozy if I get up and do a lot. I love football so it's been a fun day having family over just eating and watching football.
Today is the last day with my cast on!!! Words cannot describe how excited I am to get the cast off and take a long shower and SCRUB my hair and wash my face and feel clean! I.can't.wait. Ah! Still have some shiners, kind of can see the profile taking shape, the big hump is gone but it is pretty subtle, definitely not too small which I was worried about going in, so that's good! Tomorrow will be a more exciting post :)

Cast Off

Sorry it took me so long to post today I just had a very emotional day. Got my cast taken off this morning, and I did exactly what I know I shouldn't do but I got upset because it is not how I pictured it to look. It is still swollen and I know thay and my face is still swollen too. But I just don't love it immediately like I though that I would. I know, I know, it's too early to judge. It's just been a long hard week and to not see the results I was hoping for was hard. My fiancée thinks it looks great. It's all taped up so its hard to see exactly. I really hope the tip goes down more. I put up some before and afters to remind me that its at least better than it was before! I found some of the worst pics I could of my before nose lol.

Day 8- one day after cast off

I'm feeling better about my nose today than I was yesterday! It is still swollen and even though it's not perfect, it is definitely an improvement from my broken nose with a big hump. Plus I can actually breathe through my nose which is amazing!! Today my nose was really painful, I think it must be from the pressure of the taping? I had to take Advil for the pain but that seemed to work. I still have bruises but I tried to cover with makeup. I hope that by day 14 they will be gone enough that you can't see them with makeup! Trying to stay positive and keep up with my anti-swelling (bromelain pills, Arnica gel, sleeping elevated) and hoping it goes down. But it is straight now which is good! Thanks to everyone for your sweet comments and support! Got me through a rough day :) xoxo

Day 10- starting to love it :)

So my nose is still taped up and I still have some minor bruising, but I am really starting to love my new nose! I honestly don't know if it has changed that much or if I have just gotten more used to it (probably a little of both), but I am so much happier today! I get the tape off on day 14 and then go back to work the following day. I uploaded some more pictures including some side by sides :)

Day 11- bruises almost gone!

Well my bruises are almost gone and I can cover it up with makeup for the most part! I don't think my nose has changed too much but I am really starting to like it as my face swelling goes down and as I get more used to it!

For any of you freaking out on cast off day- swelling really does go down!!

As many people told me not to freak out on the day I got my cast off, that swelling goes down, I still was bummed on the day I got my cast off. It's so much easier said than done because after such an emotional week of recovery and not looking like yourself with bad bruising and swelling, all you are looking forward to is cast off day to feel like it's all worth it. And I feel like I saw a lot of reviews on here where people were really happy on the day they got their cast off! I was searching for some side by side pics of people to see how much swelling really does go down after the day you get the cast off, so I decided to put one up in case anyone is looking for the same thing! I still have my tape on my nose (I get it off on Monday and can't wait!) but you can already see how much it changed since day 7 when I got my cast off. I also want to thank everyone who has commented and gotten me through this emotional process! Can't wait to see the final results months from now!

Tape Off!! Day 14!

Well I finally got the tape off! Washing my nose and moisturizing it like 50 times felt amazing lol!! The bad news is I have to go back to work tomorrow. I have enjoyed having some time to relax the past week!!
I am happy with my results so far- looking forward to swelling going down even more and for results a few months down the road! So grateful that I can breathe through my nose and that my results are so natural and still look like me!

Day 17!!

Things are going really well! I changed my review to Worth It because I'm already very happy with my results and experience with my doctor. He has been wonderful and caring throughout this whole process and I am so grateful. My results are natural and I can breathe perfectly. I went back to work on Day 15 and was lucky enough to not have any bruising left! In part due to me putting arnica gel on them like 5 times a day and taking tons of vitamin C. Also my awesome doctor gave me 3 free laser bruising treatments which helped a lot! The people I've told have all said it looks great! And the people I didn't tell honestly don't seem to even notice! I was pretty worried about that before the surgery but I don't care anymore and I'm not seeing any stares or getting any comments. Also I think my results are very natural which helps. So my former "bad" side is now actually my favorite! How funny right? I added a picture of it lol

Day 18

I am probably the only one who notices but I am seeing subtle changes every day as swelling goes down. I am so happy with how natural it is and how great I feel!

One Month Update!

Well kids it's been one month almost! Very subtle changes everyday. I am so happy I did it,
I don't even think about it anymore! A lot of people didn't even notice because it looks so natural and isn't dramatic. I can breathe through my nose now and love how I still look like me :)

My nose still feels pretty numb which is a weird feeling. I got in a hot tub last weekend and it was so swollen and fat! Not doing that again anytime soon!

I have been out drinking a couple of times already and haven't noticed any problems with it, didn't get swollen or anything so that's good!!

Looking forward to seeing how it looks in a few more months as it changes slightly all the time.

So happy with Dr. Raval and his whole team, they have made this a very easy experience for me!

Front view pictures :)

Here's a couple I took this week.

Oops-front view pictures didn't load!

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon