Surgery Booked- Oct 13th!!!

So glad I found this community for advice and...

So glad I found this community for advice and support! I am deciding whether or not it's time to finally get this done. I broke my nose when I was about 11, and have hated my profile ever since. I've been lucky to be a confident person aside from my nose, but I am having some breathing problems.

Also, I'm getting married in April and I can't imagine spending all day avoiding "bad angles". Haha I know you all know what I mean! So I have a consultation set up for early next month and I keep going back and forth on whether or not to do it.

My main concerns are: I don't want a nose that doesn't fit my face and regret getting it done. Also, I'm concerned about people's reactions to it! I am a pretty private person and I don't want to have to do a lot of explaining.

I uploaded some photos and would appreciate any advice I can get from those who have been through the process already! Thank you!!

Simulated pictures

Played with a simulation app to try to see what I would want- definitely something subtle!

More simulated pictures :)

Let me know what you think!

First Consultation Today!

I was very nervous but I met with Dr. Imola today, my first consultation. The staff there were all amazing- friendly, patient, and caring. Great experience! Dr. Imola didn't spend much time with me and seemed very down to business which is fine with me! He confirmed I do have a deviated septum and he said he could fix that, and also remove my dorsal hump. Because I have such thin skin on my nose, he said he would need to take some skin from my face (scalp/temple area) to make it thicker. He would be doing an open rhinoplasty and said he charges more than other doctors because he schedules more time as he is a perfectionist. His simulation gave me a very straight nose (no curve). I absorbed a lot of information today, so I'm feeling a little anxious!!

Second Consultation!

I had my second consultation in Denver today- this time with Dr. Slenkovich. Wow, what a great experience! He was VERY personable and made me feel very comfortable. He explained everything so in depth and seemed very attentive. I had a great experience also with Lyndsay, the Patient Care Coordinator. While Dr. Imola seems to have a lot more rhinoplasty reviews on here, I had such a great feeling with Dr. Slenkovich that I am leaning a little bit in that direction. I can't decide though as I really like Dr. Imola's before and after pictures, and he really seems to have a great aesthetic. I set up two more consultations- one with Dr. Raval and one with Dr. Cote. Let me know if you have any experience with any of these doctors please!!

October 13th--Surgery Booked!!

I booked my surgery today!! I will be going with Dr. Raval in Denver. I had 3 consultations, and I felt that he was my best fit personally. He seemed very connected and confident that he could give me great results, his before/after pictures were my favorites in Denver, and the digital imaging he created for me was the most similar to what my desired outcome will be. On top of that, he specializes in facial plastic surgery, and in particular, rhinoplasty. I have a good feeling that he is the right doctor for me and am really excited to get the surgery booked! I am getting nervous now that it is actually going to happen!

More Before Pictures

Just wanted to include some more before pictures now that I have it scheduled so I have more to compare it to when it is done!!
Dr. Raval

Congrats on finally booking! I have been wavering for years about whether I should do it. I just booked my surgery a couple weeks ago and am getting it done Sept 22nd. Yeek! It still hasn't sunk in that I'm actually doing this. And of course, now that it's booked I am starting to hesitate about whether it will be worth it. In the perfect lighting I don't mind my nose and start to hesitate. Then I step out of that perfect lighting, or catch myself at a certain angle and I'm reminded of why I want to d this! My nose has bugged me for years, so I figure I need to just do it! I just went shopping for cover-up makeup assuming I'll be pretty bruised for a while. I'll be posting about what I bought once I have a chance to sit down and write that post... It sounds like you did some good research finding your doc. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get the results you hope for. Your morphs look great and seem reasonable to achieve if you ask me (although I'm not a doc...). Good luck with everything!
Thank you! It sounds like we are kind of on the same path. I feel like the main thing I keep remembering is that I will be glad I got it done the older I get and the more time that passes I will wish I had just gotten it over with! I'm excited to read your post, please do it so that we can keep each other updated since our surgeries are around the same time. I definitely don't think I have unreasonable expectations, I just want an improvement but to still look like me! I'll be thinking of you when you are getting yours done- keep in touch!
I will definitely write more posts. I really wanted my nose job to be done before my wedding, but I was too much of a chicken to make it happen. I got married a year ago, and hated my nose in every pic! Thankfully I know how to use Photoshop really well ;) You'll be happy you got it done before your wedding. I still regret not doing it before then, but at the same time I just wasn't mentally ready. Plus, I didn't think about my nose once on the actual day... I just hated it once I saw all the pics afterwards!
You're so pretty! Congrats on the upcoming wedding :) instead of avoiding the bad angles you can just focus on your awesome day. I'm glad you found a doctor you're comfortable with. Your simulated nose fits your face nicely. Looking forward to your updates :)
You are so sweet, thanks for your comment. I have been following your story and appreciate your honesty in your updates to prepare me for the emotional side of getting this done! I am really nervous and really excited at the same time! I will definitely keep updating :)
I'm shopping around for a Denver Rhino surgeon too. Obviously we want a surgeon board certified, but more importantly, pick the one who specializes is what you want done. I wouldn't have the same surgeon that does my breasts, do my nose. It doesn't mean they wouldn't do a "decent" job on both. I just believe, stick to the doctor and his biggest specialty. A handyman may be able to help you with your entire house remodel but you would get better results if you used a professional tiler, for tile, a drywalled for texture, an electrician for wiring...people who do the same thing all day so they have lots of experience. Dr. Imola works only from the neck up. I'm not sure about Dr. Slencovich as his website shows other procedures. I will find out about Dr. Raval next week.
Hi there, I decided to move forward with Dr. Raval. I have heard only great things about Dr. Imola, but I felt more connected to Dr. Raval and personally feel like his aesthetic is more similar to what I'm hoping for. Keep in touch with me regarding your surgery moving forward so we can be support for each other locally :)
Good job on your consults. Have u tried a simulation with curve just to see how u may like it? I think you should try many and see what u like best ! Good luck I'm sure you'll find the right one!
Good point. I didn't ask for a curve in the consultation but I think I will go on another to see what it would look like with a curve! He mentioned that since I'm tall he wouldn't want to give me a little nose (I wouldn't want that either!) Thanks for your advice :)
Thanks again for your advice- I did end up liking a very slight curve look better, and am going with the doctor I think can best achieve that for me. Your support means a lot!
I agree with the other posts on doing your research on the docotrs. I researched many and made multiple consultations. I ended up choosing the one that specialized in rhinoplasty's and he had lots of awards and was considered a top doctor in the area. His website was kept up to date and he had lots of before and after pics. Your wedding will be amazing, but I know how you feel. I dislike viewing pictures of me where I don't actually know am being photographed or video taped. It has to be something you want and like others mentioned dont' worry what others think or say. Plastic Surgery is a touchy topic, not everyone understands. I wish you luck and a happy wedding day to come. Regardless you are beautiful!
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your advice! I will definitely do my research and make sure I feel comfortable before moving forward. Thanks for your support!
I would schedule more than one consultation. Try to visit at least three board certified plastic surgeons with elite credentials who've done many, many rhinoplasties.

Check out this list of tips I put together. Finding the right doctor is crucial!

Please keep us posted on your journey and congrats on your upcoming marriage!
Thank you for the list of tips! I met with three board certified plastic surgeons, and I found the right doctor for me!
My rhinoplasty is September. Don't worry about what others think but my opinion is definitely stay natural-looking. I've been admiring different model noses but then I realized that all their features are so different from mine and that type of nose just wouldn't be appropriate for my face. So you are exactly on the right page when you say that you don't want a nose that doesn't fit your face. I think that is so important for the proportion and angle to be in sync with other facial features. Best luck! I look forward to reading more about your story. :)
That's sooo true! I think it will be important to get a doctor who can help me best find a way to fit my face and angles to make if natural and beautiful! I just read your posts too, you'll have to let me know how it goes in September and I will be following you! You are gorgeous, I'm sure it will go well!
Thx dear!
Sorry to hear you had to postpone your surgery date :( Keep in touch if you have any questions as I will be moving forward with mine a month from now!
Don't worry yourself about what others will think or say. Its not about them. I spent exactly one day stressed about that andcit was a wasted day. Its your life not theirs :)
Good point :) I appreciate your advice!! I'm leaning towards doing it. Are you so glad you did? Any regrets?
No regrets!!! Do glad I did it! I still can't believe I actually did it. It was just a far off impossible dream forever.