Male Tummy Tuck W/ Gynecomastia, Lipo to Flanks - Denver, CO

41 yrs old. 245 lbs down from 320lbs. Always...

41 yrs old. 245 lbs down from 320lbs.
Always been athletic and in the gym. I believe I have good under lying muscle tone. Belly and chest never seem to go down.
I'm scared as hell and hoping I made the right decision with this.
Just to clarify I opted for the extended TT, power assisted lipo to the flanks and lipo to the chest. Didn't want that scare on my chest. Just think it looks just as bad as the way it is now.
Hoping for the best here... Aren't we all.
Goal is to feel comfortable with out my shirt off and loose the excessive fat and skin. Also feel I'm. Do I get this for my little guy (4) as another tool for long life.
Really needing any input here and support. Specifically by guys who have done this or are in the same mind set as me.
Scared, nervous and unsure. Thinking long term here. I know If I don't do this now I may never and then have this regret forever.
I'll be here posting often as I can vent and look to help others as this wave of emotion and change progress. Thanks ahead of time! New chapter of life... Here I come.
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Been honest and easy to talk with... Pre op so far.

I even considered pec implants but they are costly and painful. Your flank lipo is going to be sore. ALEVE really helped with the painful inflammation. Once the drains are out in a couple days there is relief. You will be living in a recliner for a few days. Don't even think of lying down in a bed for several days, you will regret it.
I had the same procedures as you but a year a part. I did TT then a year later butt lift with lipo and gynecomastia. Out of all the procedures the lipo does hurt but I cant remember it anymore, but three nights of discomfort. The front was no problem (TT) Anyway I am almost 6 months post op with gyno, lipo, butt and am super happy. I am 54 and 6 days a week in the gym could not get near to what 6 hours with a Board Certified Surgeon could do. BTW I was most psychologically sensitive to the pain worry on the Gyno, such a sensitive area. It really was nothing. The only after effect of breast surgery is I want to go up to every dude suffering from the same condition and tell them they should get that taken care of.
Wow... thank you so much for the reply . I was hoping to get someone with the same as me. I'm still scared and nervous. I felt the same as you after I had gastric Placation going to severely over weight folks and telling them to do it. Its a life changer. Big question I am struggling with is lipo to the chest. I'm scared the skin will not come back and just sag. As mentioned i do lift a lot in the gym...thought the doc says this has no effect on the skin. he recommend cutting it out , though in my opinion that huge in your face scar on both sides of the chest is just as ugly if not uglier . So did you only do lipo ? and excisions to remove tissue ? any scars ? how did the chest rebound from your procedure ? See my chest pics , wondering how yours compare ? Would you do anything over or change ? I go in monday and im so nervous about making the right call. So many questions... ;/ Any before and after pics ? i can give you my email if you not comfortable here. steve@elitesc.net Your help and comments are greatly appreciated ! Thank you so much. Steve.
I'm not a surgeon, just a patient. I did have tissue removed during gynecomastia but that is the hard tissue under the nipple area that causes it to stick out "bitch tits" (gym term). I also had lipo of the area which I noticed after the swelling went away in about two weeks. Unfortunately there is a slight sag of the skin under the pectorals, but I decided to live with it. In your case you might have more sag but the weight of the fat wont be there either. The gynecomastia scar is around the lower edge of each nipple and only I know what to look for. This is where the hard gynecomastia tissue was removed, which wasnt as much as a lot of dudes. The lipo scars I cant even see anymore, they are puncture holes on each side, up towards the arm pit. If I cant see them no one else can. If your chest skin sags too much you can look at having it excised which I would if I had the same condition. The downside is these scars dont fade quickly, mine are starting to be less obvious after 2 years but they are there. And if they were on my chest and I wanted to go shirtless it would be something to seriously discuss with your surgeon. In response to your question if I would do anything over I would have discussed the sagging chest tissue / skin with my doctor, but I am 54 and what the hell, look better than most dude my age.
all of my pictures on my various reviews. I wrote a review on tummy tuck, posterior belt lipectomy, and gynecomastia.
I'm happy to post everything here. I read all sorts of stuff on here and it really helped out. I was the only man in a group forum JULY TUMMY TUCKERS on REALSELF and we became great friends in the journey. If I was embarrased I wouldnt do this, but the procedures on men is much less and then men who are willing to go vulnerable and help a guy out is even less. So I'm happy to give back. i was sick of my gut, sick of my boobs, and sick of my sagging rear end.....not any more.
Welcome to the community.  You will do great and love the results.  We are all scared as hell before the surgery, so please know that is normal.

Great job on the weight loss!  Now time to finish this journey up and keep moving forward.  Definitely check in with us on a regular basis.  Can't wait to see your results.