Celebrating my 66th Birthday with a Lower Face/neck Lift - Denver, CO

Back in 1997 I had a facelift, brow-lift and upper...

Back in 1997 I had a facelift, brow-lift and upper and lower eyes. I was not impressed with the way I healed (basically horrible scarring). After visiting other plastic surgeons to get their opinion on what may have went wrong, I learned that the doctor pulled everything too tight and caused undo tension which ultimately left very wide scars in both my temple area and on top of my head. I can't begin to tell you how much time it took to correct the scarring.

Lucky for me, with time, 3 scar revisions and hair transplant, the outcome was ok and all in all, the lift has lasted for 14 years which is not bad when you think of it.

Needless to say, he ordeal left me very skiddish about getting another lift but I see the hands of time are at it again. While the PS still practices, I will use a different PS this time.

Thanks to RealSelf, I have picked out 2 surgeons and will have consultations with both in May as I hope to have the surgery performed in August.

I will keep you posted.

After much due diligence.....

I selected a facial plastic surgeon in Denver. I interviewed a total of six plastic surgeons in two states (2 of them specialize in only the face). Just as I thought, time has played havoc with my jowls and neck so I need a lower face and neck lift and a bit of Juvederm in the eye hollows. For now, I have decided against the fat transfer process for the eye hollows but may choose to do that at a later date. Surgery is set for early September. Will keep everyone posted.

Question for those who have had a lower face/neck lift surgery

Two weeks from now I go in for a lower face/neck lift surgery. For the most part I am excited yet I'm a bit apprehensive. The apprehensive part is the thought of having general anesthesia. Has anyone had a lower face and neck lift (approx 2.5 hrs surgery time) that has had something less than general anesthesia...like twilight? Of course, I discussed this concern with the surgeon (who, by the way, is one of the best in Denver) and he said that what he would be concerned about is me coming to during the surgery or feeling any pain. He assured me that general anesthesia has come along way since 1997 (I had a horrible experience with loss of hair after a 6-7 hour surgery). It would help me greatly to hear your experiences?
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am not new to plastic surgery so I knew exactly what I was looking for in a facial plastic surgeon. After recommendations, research and consultations, I chose Dr. Weber for my face and neck lift. I must say, Dr. Weber is one amazing facial plastic surgeon. Surgery was Sept 6th, I was up and about on Sept 7th....Pain=none....bruising=minimal to below average...tightness=yes....of course, that's what I went to him for. The entire experience was amazing. I felt a high level of comfort from the time of pre-op, through surgery and the recovery, to the week follow-up visit. I was up and about the day after surgery....not jogging mind you but then again, I never jogged in the first place. Dr. Weber provided an excellent surgical center and from that standpoint, I couldn't have been in better hands. The anesthesia was a non-issue and the recovery time after surgery was minimal. Dr. Weber said I wouldn't feel much, if any, pain and he was absolutely correct. I decided to keep my pain pills next to me just in case the time came when I might need one.....however, that time never came. The after care follow-up was beyond what I expected. Dr. Weber came to my hotel to take the initial dressing off and show my husband and I how to take care of the incisions. My husband, who was with me through it all said "Honey, your surgeon is a winner". That, in itself, says a lot for to drag a compliment out of him is like putting a person on the moon. Now you know why I traveled over 1,600 miles round-trip.....just so Dr. Weber could perform my surgery and I could have peace of mind.