A Long Road to Straight Teeth -Denver, CO
I started my Invisalign treatment in October 2013....
1. A few days after starting treatment I had a meeting at a client's office. My new trays were quite sharp, and they cut the inside of my mouth, causing the top tray to fill up with blood. It was very embarrassing.
2. The trays make it difficult to speak, a problem which is supposed to go away but hasn't. When I try to pronounce certain sounds, air bubbles flow under the top tray and pop out of my mouth. Sometimes I spray and it's embarrassing. People have trouble understanding me and I have to repeat myself a lot. If I try to speak louder I increase the chances of spraying them. It's awkward.
3. I had a little bit of an allergic reaction to them, causing me to feel nauseated and even threw up one morning. Thankfully, that has gone away.
4. My lips get snagged on my trays, making me look like I'm snarling. Sometimes after I smile my lips don't go back into place and I have to wiggle my mouth to get the inside of my mouth unsnagged.
5. The trays are MUCH more irritating than I had expected. Lots of people seem to get used to them but I haven't yet, perhaps because they have caused so many problems.
Speech problem update
Dr. Idiculla is a very upbeat guy, but he often seems in a huge hurry. When I went in to talk to him about some of the problems I'd been having, he was more concerned that I had looked online for information than anything else. Emailed questions seem to require a follow up before they get answered.