You know it was tough the first week - having to...

You know it was tough the first week - having to go in on day 3 to get suture from eyes removed! Let me back up for a moment - I had a facelift - neck lift - lower bleph and fat injections in "smile lines" and frown lines. Also the physician fee was 15,300 the rest was surgery center - anesthesia - private scrub. Ok, next had my children in my 40's - my daughter is now 16 and I have twin boys who are 11 years old. So, with my sagging neck people would think they were my grandkids. People still have not learned to " shit-up". Shape was I run marathons. And do a variety of sports - so my body and mind did not match my face! I originally found my surgeon by top ten plastic surgeons in Denver. I had him initially do rhinoplasty - remove implants and yes liposuction on areas that would benefit my training. Everything turned out beautiful. So now time for a facelift -- I did not hesitate to use Dr, John Grossman - Denver. Yes, he was more expensive but if I am going to be under the knife for 7 1/2 hours you better trust your gut! Anyway's, first week tough ( view photos). Not once though did I ever say I wish I hadn't had this done! If this is the way you want to go make sure you are prepared to feel like you are wearing a tight helmet on your head 24/7 and you have patience. If you don't or that feeling would drive you nuts ( gets better at week four) stick to fillers!!
I hope the photo's will help you - they are from first getting marked to end of week three. I can say give it a few months but in reality you should be able to say "wow" who is this younger chick!!????
Now when my boy's enter high school I will feel like their MOM.
Wow. Big improvement. Do you like the way it all turned out. Ur neck was really bad before surgery. How does it look now? Thanks b
What awesome photos! I'm honored that you're sharing them with us. They are going to help so many others going into a facelift. Thank you!
You look great! Hope you're feeling well. My mom had me when she was 42. I was her 14th and last child. I always thought she was beautiful and I'm sure your children feel that way about you. I get where you're coming from though. I'm 52 and have my lift scheduled for February 25th. I'm into fitness also, although I've only done one 10K as I'm not much of a runner. I've done a lot of lifting, a couple of figure contests in my mid-40s, charity bike rides for 150 miles, etc. We're walking 190 miles across England this summer. When are you cleared to exercise again? I guess you have to wait a bit to run, don't you? I want to get to training for our long walk as quickly as possible, but of course not until I'm cleared to do so. I hope you continue to heal well!

Day 27

New photos

Day 27 --- be blessed if you have long hair -- but this is with short hair.
You look amazing
Thank you --- face still numb but looking better :)
Do you have any photo's and thank you

video 6 days

Thought I would change it up a bit ---well first I have to see if it works :)
Sorry having trouble uploading new photos
Sorry trying to get photo of under the chin per requests --- working on it!!

Day 27

Just wanted to see if I could post under the chin incision --- but want you all to know my face is totally numb yet except where my forehead is (no work done ;) ) and a couple small spots near my nose!
Hi , I had my face neck & fat transfer 6 days ago, feeling bruised swollen and tight. But after seeing you pics I realised I am thinking to far ahead and should stay in the moment , & stop worrying. You look awesome , god bless for posting your journey, now I feel peace x
Hope your doing better == almost two weeks out ---- Yea. Me, better everyday --- one eye (left) taking longer -- but figures that everything would be perfect -- Not! I go back and see my doctor on the 28th. I will be wearing no make-out -- I want him to view me exactly how I look -- I know some people put make-up on and they should - makes them feel pretty. Just want him to really judge how I am doing. Which I think is just fine.
Oh, how's that face -- feeling like cement!!! :)

Eyes

Well -- entering into week five -- just though I would post my lower bleph. Jesus, this take a while -- of course one I think was pulled more during surgery -- guess which one -- yep your right the LEFT. But, I have bangs that come done somewhat longer on the sides and no I really need to wait about 8 weeks for this very sensitive area to heal.

fat to frown lines

Just a note -- look how good that fat transfer was instead of botox --- love -- love! Had to add that in before surgery so I said no drugs until I talk to surgeon. I hated those frown lines and look in pre-pictures - it was awful -- very deep
As another short hair gal it is wonderful to see how well you are healing! Scars by your ears are absolutely undetectable in the photos. Yay!
Thanks -- getting ready to post new ones --- yep coming into the end of week five ---- yeah
Marathonmom, I so love love love your outcome. You look younger and refreshed. Please keep positive, you're so adorable :-]. I am so happy you found your doctor perfect for you. Make-up and earings give you a nice touch. I'm really impressed. Please keep posting bcuz I love to read about your interesting story. As you've read on other reviews, healing takes time and the final result is best seen after month 3. Hang in there. Love your story and you. :-]:-]:-]:-]

Week five soon will be coming to an end --

Well today was a big day -- yep got to finally go get my hair cut and highlighted. Of course told my gal to be careful when rinsing (she knew I had a facelift) and sensitive around the ears. Since she could see better than me afterwards I said so--- how's it looking. "It looks good -- your left side is slower than your right side at healing" I said, so behind my ears - no in the hairline" So, that's good but you I knew the left was lagging behind --- such as my left eye which i commented on all the time. But, hey come on this is only week five!!!

one last photo

Yep still working on that smile ----:) hummm

smile

Hey we all have our exercises --- just kidding -- goofing around
You look great!
Thank you so much ---better and better each 24 hours!!
Gosh , I need to proof read - massage the neck for swelling -- getting softer around incision area versus hard

leaving

Hello everyone: I have enjoyed writing to everyone but way to many e-mails. So, late tonight I will unsubscribe and will check back in when I am 8 months post-op. Everyone I wish the best to all upcoming surgeries.
You do look fabulous. Spent a little bit more though. I am waiting for this numb feeling to go away on neck, sides by ear and eyelids. What can I say, they say it will take about six months, but darn, I'm impatient. I totally know what you mean about phone to the ear. Drives me nuts! Let me know when the numbness starts to go away. I am curious as I only had my surgery one month ago. Keep in touch, hon.
You know I bet they are right -- I am guessing it will take about 6 months too! Face is tingling so I know nerves are regenerating --- I know i slept flat last night and woke up to swollen eye lids ---- now I am getting use to propping myself up to sleep. Keep posting photo's --- your looking good
You look awesome! Thank u for sharing ur surgery experience with us.

three months

Well - hard to believe I am coming up on 12 weeks. Yep, next week new photo shoot. So, how am I doing -- pretty good. Can sleep on side of face - huge plus! Slight swelling still under the chin but just too soon yet so will just keep up the massaging but is softer like Dr. said it would become down the road. Face is still tingling - and still numb around the outer face along side of neck and ears.
Wow! Phenomenal results! Have you been running lately at all or is that verboten post-op? You should be SO HAPPY with your gorgeous face!
Thanks --- no running and not because of facelift --- crap -- I have no excuse :)
Oh my goodness. You look beautiful. The knife took 10-15 years off. Congrats.

facelift and more

Well - since I missed my 3 month photo-shoot will go tomorrow for a 4 month picture take. All is going well --feeling starting to come back on side of face --- swelling pretty much gone under chin. Ear numbness coming back --- all in all doing good --- still waiting on that 6 to 9 month phase.
Well I know it's been a while since posted - computer in storage. When out will take new photos . I now think back and wow what a journey -- now incision under chin barely noticeable - yea we all think we look good at 2 - 3 weeks but now that I look back had so much more healing. Yea, I knew results would be great - just so much better now! Thanks to everyone who viewed my page.
You look amazing and I love your haircut and color. So spunky!
I will take that compliment. Thank you. I both cut, style an color my own hair. Have been doing so for over 25 years. Easy when you have straight, long hair at one length. Thanks so much.

Doing well

I would love to update with photos but in process of moving - so "no computer" The only thing I had to deal with after my facelift was my lower bleph. Some of the glands that provide the oil to the surface of the eyes when opening and close got clogged. Plus had to add some exercises so it would close completely. Well, my contact keep getting blurry and my eye had this dull pain. Here in Colorado my eye doctor has this machine (only two in CO) it takes about 7 minutes - no pain -- feels and sounds like your eye is milking a cow --- it helps restore the opening of the glands - some will never return but the procedure worked very well --- the oils are now producing so don't have to use all those eye lubricants --- cost 800.00 - that was for one eye. So, in all my notes you see I was posting about my left eye --- well I guess that was good reason --- Everything else is great --- very happy - chin incision healed beautifully along with all the others --- I will try to post photo's soon ----
You look fantastic! I had a facelift done by Dr. FH, Dallas TX. I still look the same, my "jowls" hang. :( So as far as the "natural facelift look" it's not worth it. So anyone wanting a facelift tell the Dr. you want your skin pulled and cut as much as needed to make you look younger. Hopefully this helps someone. Try and find a Dr that specializes on the face.
You look sooo cute!!
Denver Plastic Surgeon

No words needed except Love Him & Staff!