Facelift Plus More 57 - Denver, CO

You know it was tough the first week - having to...

You know it was tough the first week - having to go in on day 3 to get suture from eyes removed! Let me back up for a moment - I had a facelift - neck lift - lower bleph and fat injections in "smile lines" and frown lines. Also the physician fee was 15,300 the rest was surgery center - anesthesia - private scrub. Ok, next had my children in my 40's - my daughter is now 16 and I have twin boys who are 11 years old. So, with my sagging neck people would think they were my grandkids. People still have not learned to " shit-up". Shape was I run marathons. And do a variety of sports - so my body and mind did not match my face! I originally found my surgeon by top ten plastic surgeons in Denver. I had him initially do rhinoplasty - remove implants and yes liposuction on areas that would benefit my training. Everything turned out beautiful. So now time for a facelift -- I did not hesitate to use Dr, John Grossman - Denver. Yes, he was more expensive but if I am going to be under the knife for 7 1/2 hours you better trust your gut! Anyway's, first week tough ( view photos). Not once though did I ever say I wish I hadn't had this done! If this is the way you want to go make sure you are prepared to feel like you are wearing a tight helmet on your head 24/7 and you have patience. If you don't or that feeling would drive you nuts ( gets better at week four) stick to fillers!!
I hope the photo's will help you - they are from first getting marked to end of week three. I can say give it a few months but in reality you should be able to say "wow" who is this younger chick!!????
Now when my boy's enter high school I will feel like their MOM.

Day 27

New photos

Day 27 --- be blessed if you have long hair -- but this is with short hair.

video 6 days

Thought I would change it up a bit ---well first I have to see if it works :)

Day 27

Just wanted to see if I could post under the chin incision --- but want you all to know my face is totally numb yet except where my forehead is (no work done ;) ) and a couple small spots near my nose!

Eyes

Well -- entering into week five -- just though I would post my lower bleph. Jesus, this take a while -- of course one I think was pulled more during surgery -- guess which one -- yep your right the LEFT. But, I have bangs that come done somewhat longer on the sides and no I really need to wait about 8 weeks for this very sensitive area to heal.

fat to frown lines

Just a note -- look how good that fat transfer was instead of botox --- love -- love! Had to add that in before surgery so I said no drugs until I talk to surgeon. I hated those frown lines and look in pre-pictures - it was awful -- very deep

Week five soon will be coming to an end --

Well today was a big day -- yep got to finally go get my hair cut and highlighted. Of course told my gal to be careful when rinsing (she knew I had a facelift) and sensitive around the ears. Since she could see better than me afterwards I said so--- how's it looking. "It looks good -- your left side is slower than your right side at healing" I said, so behind my ears - no in the hairline" So, that's good but you I knew the left was lagging behind --- such as my left eye which i commented on all the time. But, hey come on this is only week five!!!

one last photo

Yep still working on that smile ----:) hummm

smile

Hey we all have our exercises --- just kidding -- goofing around

leaving

Hello everyone: I have enjoyed writing to everyone but way to many e-mails. So, late tonight I will unsubscribe and will check back in when I am 8 months post-op. Everyone I wish the best to all upcoming surgeries.

three months

Well - hard to believe I am coming up on 12 weeks. Yep, next week new photo shoot. So, how am I doing -- pretty good. Can sleep on side of face - huge plus! Slight swelling still under the chin but just too soon yet so will just keep up the massaging but is softer like Dr. said it would become down the road. Face is still tingling - and still numb around the outer face along side of neck and ears.

facelift and more

Well - since I missed my 3 month photo-shoot will go tomorrow for a 4 month picture take. All is going well --feeling starting to come back on side of face --- swelling pretty much gone under chin. Ear numbness coming back --- all in all doing good --- still waiting on that 6 to 9 month phase.

Doing well

I would love to update with photos but in process of moving - so "no computer" The only thing I had to deal with after my facelift was my lower bleph. Some of the glands that provide the oil to the surface of the eyes when opening and close got clogged. Plus had to add some exercises so it would close completely. Well, my contact keep getting blurry and my eye had this dull pain. Here in Colorado my eye doctor has this machine (only two in CO) it takes about 7 minutes - no pain -- feels and sounds like your eye is milking a cow --- it helps restore the opening of the glands - some will never return but the procedure worked very well --- the oils are now producing so don't have to use all those eye lubricants --- cost 800.00 - that was for one eye. So, in all my notes you see I was posting about my left eye --- well I guess that was good reason --- Everything else is great --- very happy - chin incision healed beautifully along with all the others --- I will try to post photo's soon ----
Denver Plastic Surgeon

No words needed except Love Him & Staff!