You know it was tough the first week - having to...

You know it was tough the first week - having to go in on day 3 to get suture from eyes removed! Let me back up for a moment - I had a facelift - neck lift - lower bleph and fat injections in "smile lines" and frown lines. Also the physician fee was 15,300 the rest was surgery center - anesthesia - private scrub. Ok, next had my children in my 40's - my daughter is now 16 and I have twin boys who are 11 years old. So, with my sagging neck people would think they were my grandkids. People still have not learned to " shit-up". Shape was I run marathons. And do a variety of sports - so my body and mind did not match my face! I originally found my surgeon by top ten plastic surgeons in Denver. I had him initially do rhinoplasty - remove implants and yes liposuction on areas that would benefit my training. Everything turned out beautiful. So now time for a facelift -- I did not hesitate to use Dr, John Grossman - Denver. Yes, he was more expensive but if I am going to be under the knife for 7 1/2 hours you better trust your gut! Anyway's, first week tough ( view photos). Not once though did I ever say I wish I hadn't had this done! If this is the way you want to go make sure you are prepared to feel like you are wearing a tight helmet on your head 24/7 and you have patience. If you don't or that feeling would drive you nuts ( gets better at week four) stick to fillers!!
I hope the photo's will help you - they are from first getting marked to end of week three. I can say give it a few months but in reality you should be able to say "wow" who is this younger chick!!????
Now when my boy's enter high school I will feel like their MOM.

Day 27

New photos

Day 27 --- be blessed if you have long hair -- but this is with short hair.

video 6 days

Thought I would change it up a bit ---well first I have to see if it works :)

Day 27

Just wanted to see if I could post under the chin incision --- but want you all to know my face is totally numb yet except where my forehead is (no work done ;) ) and a couple small spots near my nose!

Eyes

Well -- entering into week five -- just though I would post my lower bleph. Jesus, this take a while -- of course one I think was pulled more during surgery -- guess which one -- yep your right the LEFT. But, I have bangs that come done somewhat longer on the sides and no I really need to wait about 8 weeks for this very sensitive area to heal.

fat to frown lines

Just a note -- look how good that fat transfer was instead of botox --- love -- love! Had to add that in before surgery so I said no drugs until I talk to surgeon. I hated those frown lines and look in pre-pictures - it was awful -- very deep

Week five soon will be coming to an end --

Well today was a big day -- yep got to finally go get my hair cut and highlighted. Of course told my gal to be careful when rinsing (she knew I had a facelift) and sensitive around the ears. Since she could see better than me afterwards I said so--- how's it looking. "It looks good -- your left side is slower than your right side at healing" I said, so behind my ears - no in the hairline" So, that's good but you I knew the left was lagging behind --- such as my left eye which i commented on all the time. But, hey come on this is only week five!!!

one last photo

Yep still working on that smile ----:) hummm

smile

Hey we all have our exercises --- just kidding -- goofing around

leaving

Hello everyone: I have enjoyed writing to everyone but way to many e-mails. So, late tonight I will unsubscribe and will check back in when I am 8 months post-op. Everyone I wish the best to all upcoming surgeries.

three months

Well - hard to believe I am coming up on 12 weeks. Yep, next week new photo shoot. So, how am I doing -- pretty good. Can sleep on side of face - huge plus! Slight swelling still under the chin but just too soon yet so will just keep up the massaging but is softer like Dr. said it would become down the road. Face is still tingling - and still numb around the outer face along side of neck and ears.

facelift and more

Well - since I missed my 3 month photo-shoot will go tomorrow for a 4 month picture take. All is going well --feeling starting to come back on side of face --- swelling pretty much gone under chin. Ear numbness coming back --- all in all doing good --- still waiting on that 6 to 9 month phase.
Denver Plastic Surgeon

No words needed except Love Him & Staff!

What did you do to your nose???? Do your photos reflect that???? I am so interested !!!!!!
Wow you look great - can't wait to get to that place :-)
Hey girl. I can already tell. You look fabulous already. How do you feel when you look in the mirror? This is not about anyone else, just us. As much as everyone says "you look great just as you are". We don't care because it is just for us. You will get there my dear, but I can tell you already, you are looking gorgeous. You will be surprised how much it will help your confidence. I do not have a man in my life and have not for a while but I did not care about that. I am not a romantic that way. However, I have men all over me now. I am sure it is simply because of the way I strut (not walk) my stuff. Like I said, it looks like you had at least 10 years off your age. I am curious about the ears though. My stitches were removed a few days after surgery, the same time as the eyes. But not a scar could be seen. I am sure yours will heal soon. Good thing about having long hair. Stick in there girl. Trust me, it is all worth it.You need a lot of patience and tolerance. In the end, you will be very happy you did it. I wish you all the best. Please update me. Post a picture once a month (only once a month) I find that this really helps you to see the difference yourself.
Just saw your review, you look wonderful. Congratulations!
Mara, how are you? Would love to see more photos. Has your face changed much? Everyday I feel something different. I'm still dealing with some swelling. Guess I still need time. Keep in touch. Lilygirl
You look great.
I did end up showing your picture to my PS and asked him to make me look like you! How are you doing? Is your face still changing?
Just looked at your photo board. You look great! Beautiful lady. I hope my outcome is as successful as yours. Appreciated your candor with the process. I am scheduled for FL, fat injections around eyes & mouth a skin excision around upper eye lids Mon. June 23. Excited and a bit nervous. Hubby is away all week, so I have a friend staying with me the first 24 hours than was planning on being on my own after that. Hope I can manage. After seeing some of the messages on here I am wondering if I need more assistance the first few days. Arrgggh.. don't have anyone easily.
My insurance paid for the upper eyes.
Thanks so much for your valuable review I am heading into day 8 so its great to read over everyone's healing journey :-)
You look fantastic -- thanks so much for sharing your story! Happy Memorial Day!
Thank you for posting your review. You look like my wish picture!!
Thank you -- I went back and read your profile --- the things we do!!
Thank YOU for coming by my page .... You Look amazing, Enjoy, The 'New' Younger YOU!!!!!
You're looking great.
You are a doll --- and how is your journey going?
Did you write this to me?
If it's a compliment -- absolutely
Awe thank you! I'm doing so much better with my chin revision. It is still swollen but healing good. I will post a few pics soon.
Wow 4 month already....you continue to look hotter and hotter!
I mean Knew!!
Yes, expensive but I paid for a surgeon that I new had years of experience and very artistic hands --- I got 20% off his fee - would have been more -- but he liked me!! When time goes on I realize why I spent so much money --- no revisions -- set for years --- but yes -- expensive
Great job!! You look refreshed.... but uggghhhh so expensive, wow.
You look gorgeous and you got very natural results!!
I agree with jewels40 congratulations :)