Facelift / Necklift / Lower Lid Bleph - Denver, CO

I am going to be 66 in August (yikes - where did...

I am going to be 66 in August (yikes - where did the time go?) and I will be going on Monday for a facelift and necklift which the doctor has called a submentoplasty. I am a retired teacher, but being retired was difficult for me, so I went back to work part-time at an elementary school. I've been wanting to do this for six years ... and all the while I've been watching my turkey neck Grow! So after several consultations, I scheduled with a doc in Denver who comes highly recommended (and was wonderful about staying in my budget - the number includes everything including a night's stay in the hospital). Part of my decision making process has been reading posts and responses on this forum, and I'm so grateful for them! I spent yesterday getting prescriptions filled and making preparations for sleeping sitting up. I was excited, feeling productive - I even programmed my iPhone to alert me when I need to take the meds - I figure I'll be pretty out of it for the first couple of days ;) I'm posting 'before' pictures now, and I don't know when I'll be able to post again ... hopefully soon!
This is very exciting, Bski! I'm two days away from my own FL, so I'm right there with you. I look forward to seeing your during and after pix. Stay strong!
Wishing you all the best for your surgery and to a healthy recovery!  Ditto on 'where did the time go"?! I'm not familiar with the procedure you are having but how exciting this must be for you. I know it's also very nerve wracking but if you have any questions please ask!  All the best.
You are going to look great! I wasn't out of it, i was alert and tired, but couldn't really sleep well. If you have a recliner, sleep on that if possible.....it truly helps. I didn't have one so I went out at about 2 weeks and purchased one cause lack of sleep was doing me in. Best of luck, and keep posting!

Almost ready to go home

I'm glad to be on the road to mending, although today is difficult.

I'm glad you're on the other side of the surgery! Smart to set iphone alerts for your meds.

I hope things get better for you soon. Looks like you've created a nice little mini support group here. :)

Hi Bski! I'm thinking of you today and hoping you're doing well. Thank you for keeping us up-to-date and for sharing your experience.
Good luck for easy, quick healing!

Day 5 update and pictures

It's no surprise that the first few days were difficult. Recovering from anesthesia and the surgical event are difficult. I had another factor that became difficult, and that was that the pain medicines undermined my emotional strength. It happened especially in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep but wanted my husband to since he alone provided for all my physical care during the initial "at home" phase. I paced some, rested some, and tried to calm an inflamed tummy. I also was not prepared to become 'emotional' about seeing the new face in the mirror!

My doctor's patient coordinator called me frequently during these first few days. She was caring and positive and both she and my doctor helped to build my emotional strength!

Yesterday (Day 4) was my first post-op check up, and I am pleased (yes!). We live in the mountains and had to drive to Denver - it was a big day! Today, although I moved slowly, I am feeling well and enjoying that we are getting back to our usual household routines. We decided to board our pup during the first week, and I' glad we did. He came home today, and I'm looking forward to some upcoming opportunities to go for walks with him.

I have bruising under my eyes and on my neck - to be expected I know. I am taking Arnica Montana for that, and Bromelain with Quercetin. I am also feeling swollen, and have tightness in my neck, so I am continuing to ice as well as continuing to wear the compression garment. And I'm looking forward to my next check-up on Tuesday!
YOu will be amazed how much different you feel everyday. I was feeling down the first week, second week anxious to get rid of bruising, (which I still have swelling!) and third week getting out in the world again. I live in the mts. also, but a very small town, so I stayed home a lot. The isolation is a bit hard, but I am kind of a loner. Good for you, the worst is past and you look great.
Bski, your profile looks just gorgeous! What a terrific job your PS did.  Being emotional is all part of the package here, but also a result of the anaesthsia so don't knock yourself around too much for getting blue and emotional.  You have a great result, and it sounds like a great husband/caregiver.  :)  You'll get through this in no time!  Hang in there.
I am feeling so much better on this start of Day 6! I agree - I have so much to be thankful for :) Now wondering the time frame for getting energy to return. What was your experience there.

A new Monday

Each day I feel a little better; a little stronger, a little more comfortable. It is encouraging. I still have some swelling, and obviously black and blue and green and yellow ;) but I'm wondering if I still have some surgical pen on my skin ??? I'll ask my PS at my follow-up appointment tomorrow ... I posted some pics from after my shower this a.m. The difference from before and after are already amazing. In my first day or two I could not imagine saying this, but I am so happy I had this done!
Bski, don't worry about the ink on your face.  I still had plenty for a while but couldn't bear the thought of "rubbing" my face to get it off!  It was just too tender on my skin.  Given that you're probably not in too many social things right now anyway, it will go away by the time you're really "presenting" more in the public eye.  :)  You look great and hopefully are getting your energy back too!
Your writing style, as well as your encouragement make me smile. Completely correct that I'm not involved in too many social things ... ;)
Oh Bski, you are an inspiration to me. I have my FL in 2 more days. Yikes!! I know this won't be a cake walk, but as you say, I think I will be so happy afterwards. Keep us posted. You are healing so nicely.

Thursday - Day 10

Today I am sporting the bandana look so I don't have to put my hair through the rigors of styling ;) I saw Dr. Imola on Tuesday, he removed stitches, and that was an emotional boost - a right of passage in my mind. Yesterday, I began to experience discomfort in my neck from what appeared to be a bit of increased swelling for the first time since surgery (did I sleep wrong? try to push my activity level? idk), so I called Dr. Imola, (also checked in with his office today), and I'm on track for my appointment next week. I'm so appreciative that I can call with questions and concerns! Parts of the bruised areas on my neck and under my left eye are starting to fade. I started using Arnica cream in addition to the oral Arnica Montana in hopes I can encourage the bruising away a little more quickly. I'm posting a couple of pictures to show my neckline, as I'm thinking it's becoming more well defined.

Addendum to Day 10

On Tuesday at my post-op visit, Dr. Imola spoke about some of the benefit of the deep-plane lift technique he uses. If you look at the smoothness of the surface of my skin, you can see what I understood to be one very important benefit - the smooth result. I am so thrilled about that!
Amazing results!
You look very pretty, good for you! Yes, the neckline is awesome.
Thank you, mlouise. I read your post on another thread about this process not being an instant gratification thing and I thought, "Amen, Sister!" I'm so glad you put it into words!

One small step into Sephora -

I have been feeling good, 2.5 weeks out. I still have bruising and, having not used make-up for many years, I really didn't know where to start. That was frustrating for me. After my check-up today (I love my check-ups - such a positive experience going to see Dr. Imola and Peggy) I went to Sephora and learned how to apply the makeup I need. Woo-hoo!
Bski you look fantastic! I'm so impressed with your results. It has taken many many years away. It is so exciting to learn about new make up. Makes you feel all feminine again. Glad that you have been feeling good also. Keep it up!!
TinyLady, you are so inspiring! I'll be thinking of you today - wishing you a fabulous time enjoying your well-deserved spa day!
Bski.. I love Sephora!  They were my savings grace post FL to cover all the yellow, red and whatever else was showing.  You look great!  And, you sound good.  I'm glad the healing is going well.

Three Weeks ago today

At this three week mark, I find I have so much more of my energy back. I can be active for the entire morning, starting around 6:30 a.m., and sustain pretty well for walking the dog for a couple of miles, doing household chores, and chipping away at my to-do list for getting ready for 'back to school.' I'm posting pictures - still sporting the bandana look while I'm waiting for the official 'OK' to begin using styling products, etc. I'm also so looking forward to scheduling a visit to the salon for my 'back to school' haircut and style ;) You can see, I still have some bruising, but when I compare today's pictures to the ones posted last week, I can see that the bruising on my neck has almost completely resolved, and the bruising on my cheeks seems to be turning greenish yellow - another good sign of healing. In the day-to-day journeys to the mirror, I don't see the progress, so the pictures seem to be a better way to actually see that I am making steps forward in the physical healing process. Everyone says it, and it's true - PATIENCE ;)
I keep hearing about that 3 week mark. It must be magical! I taught school also, but am now retired. It was a huge decision because I loved teaching. I'm sure your fellow teachers will be wondering why you look so good. Good luck getting ready for that first day of school.
Hi, TinyLady. I have to say, about the 3 week mark, you are taking steps every day toward it, but they are small steps, and some days imperceptible. I think it is a the three week mark that you become aware of the cumulative progress that you've made! With regards to teaching, I actually work part-time only, and in a tutor position - I work with pull-out groups in math and reading. It's not a salaried position, but I missed teaching so much that when this opportunity arose, I said yes without a second thought. This will be my second year in the tutor position ... the first year (last year) was a bit of an adjustment to a new role in the school setting, but I'm very much looking forward to 'the first day of school.' I actually have been very up front with everyone about what I was going to do for 'summer vacation' ;) so no wondering among the staff.

photos mentioned in Three Weeks ago Today post

How are the scars healing? I am very concerned about the scars because I wear my hair up. Did you have any fat grafting or a brow lift?
Hi Bunnyman! I did not have a brow lift. I think I had fat grafting in that my PS used the fat from under my lower lids (where they were making that pouchy look) and repositioned it in the area of my cheekbone. I'm at about 3.5 weeks and my scars are still red. I don't know at what point they will start to fade. perhaps someone on this forum knows the answer?
You look so good. What a drastic Facelift.

I am so clumsy ...

I cannot believe I was clumsy enough to bump my face on the car door! It's a small car, it was starting to rain, and standing by the open driver's door, I leaned down to look over to the passenger side window to make sure it was closed and ... clunk. I hit my face on the corner of the door, about 1.5 inches in front of the tragus of my left ear. the bump left a red mark and now, the peculiar thing is that I have swelling under my left eye. I am icing, but I am afraid ... which is to say, actually more afraid than I've been in the past few days. Having done pretty well and having gotten this far in the recovery process (approaching 4 weeks), I am now afraid and feeling severely lacking in my ability to take care of my new face. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
I'm so sorry you smacked yourself! Geez, that's like my worst nightmare. I'm sure you haven't done any permanent damage, but it must have been scary as all get-out. Keep the ice going and try not to worry too much, okay? FYI, when I read your post aloud to my husband this morning, he grimaced and said, "Poor Bski!" Just shows how much a part of our lives you (all) have become. Healing thoughts coming from both of us this AM.
Mant thanks to you, Westy53, and your husband. i feel such love and support from our community - to say I'm grateful to be part of this is an understatement! Hugs :)
Bski, yes!!  I was driving one day with my husband in the ridiculous traffic in the Northeast and we had to stop short, suddenly and hard.  All I was imagining was the airbag ramming into my face!  Honestly, it kind of freaked me out.  With all the investment we've put into our faces (time, $ and emotional) it was my first thought that at all costs protect this darn face!  But I keep telling myself, we're all still in recovery for at least a year so perhaps it will subside by then.  Did you talk to your PS about the swelling from the hit?

Thank you ...

Thank you all for posting your support for me during my mini-meltdown. I have to tell you that I also was so fortunate to have received a phone call from Peggy at the PS office. She was so supportive as we talked about me reframing my concerns about taking care of my new face and viewing them as opportunities - instead of saying "I have to ..." saying "I get to ..." This really makes sense to me, and because I am not alone in these feelings, I wanted to share her good advice. Hugs to you all!
Glad to hear you got that phone call. It sounds like Peggy's advice to turn worries into opportunities was exactly what you (and the rest of us) needed to hear. You look so good, and I'm glad you're feeling better.
Bski-you look terrific! What an amazing transformation. It's hard to believe you're the same person. I've commented to Tiny lady about being tired. I'm at four weeks and doing better but still feel tired more than pre-op. That's normal I'm sure, particularly for those of us in our 60s. I think not being as active as usual also contributes to tiring more easily. I decided that I'm just going to be as lazy as I want , and rest whenever I feel like it. And I refuse to feel guilty about not getting much done either. It's great. I recommend it highly.
Thanks, AEllen. I nap every afternoon and love it! This coming week I begin working again, but thankfully only a couple of hours a day for the next two weeks. I'm hoping my stamina will improve as my healing progresses. Do you have pictures to post?

Ready for work

I am almost at one month. Although I still have bruising, tingling and sometimes pains in the nerves of my face, I feel so much more that I am getting back to being myself. Today I will start tutoring some children I worked with last year, and it's been wonderful to get back to thinking about planning lessons and activities for them. I'm posting some pictures. I'm wearing makeup (and glasses in one), and I think the bruising is covered pretty well, but I know the kids will notice something and ask questions! Please notice my necklace - it's a little silver bead necklace that I bought years ago and haven't worn in years ... but I can wear it now :-) Wishing you all a great day!
You look so refreshed! awesome!
Thanks :)
You look beautiful!

A Month and a Day

I am overall so happy with the amazing difference in my appearance, yet I fret, fret, fret about inconsistencies I see and concerns I have. I drive my sweet husband and the people I communicate with about it (who are very few as I don't want to burden my children and my siblings and parents - who would listen - are gone ) crazy. This week I was bonkers about the amount swelling near my left eye and how different it was from the amount of swelling near my right eye - couldn't get it and possible nerve damage because it hurt, out of my mind. Today, not hurting and the swelling has gone down some ... I think there's a life lesson for me here!
You look beautiful!!!
Thank you.
I've been watching you finance girl. You are a true inspiration to me. My surgeryis next Monday. Getting nervous. :)

Got "the compliment" today

I attended a meeting for school staff in preparation for the coming year. After the meeting one of the attendees said, "Your new hair style looks great." It made me smile and feel good too. I want also to include a cautionary tale here. I was looking on the web for information about LDM, and I found a yoga site that said to do it right you have to move the skin - WRONG!!! I did that and swelled up so-o-o-o much it scared me, a lot. The swelling is s-l-o-w-l-y subsiding. It was so disheartening - felt like I was back at Day 1 with regards to swelling. So, the cautionary message is to be very careful about info you find. Heather's method of LDM worked beautifully go me - I should have stopped my LDM research there!
Hi bski--i did only very gentle massage after three weeks post, then started with a post-facelift massage specialist shortly after who did ldm and other massage, but very gently the first visit, a bit firmer the following week. I would not recommend ldm to anyone prior to three weeks. Tissues just take a while to resettle in their new locations. While one person might be OK with it, another might not and could do some damage. Also, I suggest nobody do massage without clearance from their surgeon.
Thanks for the great posts. I had my surgery a week ago today and am starting to feel like I could do some very light LDM. My swelling in front of my ears has softened significantly in the past 24 hours and I think some very gentle (not tugging) LDM might speed up the process. I have seen this done on You Tube. Is that where you found out how to do it?
You look fantastic, by the way!

my swelling saga.

On Monday I swelled from giving myself an overagressive LDM massage and, being that my swelling seems to worsen at night, by 6:30 pm or so I was very swollen and in pain from it. I called Dr. Imola's service and explained to them what was going on. Dr. Imola called me back right away, asked me to text pictures so he could see what was going on. After I sent the pictures, Dr. Imola called me right back with a plan that included getting a prescription ... well, I live in a rural area - 1.5 hours to the nearest open pharmacy after 7 pm! Dr. Imola helped me brainstorm my options, and when I decided I'd go to the local Emergency facility rather than wait to the morning (being a fretter, I envisioned a sleepless, pacing night if I waited), Dr. Imola encouraged me to ask the ER physician to contact him so he could coordinate with him regarding my care. I felt reassured and grateful knowing that Dr. Imola was responsive and involved, even 'after hours' and on into the night. The next day, Peggy followed up with a phone call, and I saw Beryl (aesthetician) on Friday. She evaluated my situation to report to Dr. Imola ( by Friday most of my excessive swelling had resolved), making sure the swelling was within normal limits. She also listened while I spoke of my concerns about my lingering bruising, and suggested some IPL to help it resolve. She reviewed with me my current face care routines for am and pm and suggested some changes, which I will implement slowly to see how my skin tolerates each change. I left her office feeling good about where I am in my healing process and Dr. Imola and his team of care-givers. With regard to the IPL treatment for bruising, does anyone have experience with it? Hugs to you all for your ongoing commemt and support!
Just curious as to why you are doing LDM if it is causing you to swell? Are you eating a low sodium diet. Knock on wood, I am 8 days post surgery and have had very little problems with swelling--just the usual peak at 3 - 4 days--and since then seems to be less and less each day. I am watching my salt in take and icing every 4 hours, but otherwise not doing anything out of the ordinary.

Picture update

Swelling has gone down some more and Dermablend is doing its magic! Earrings today for the first time. Six weeks tomorrow and I feel (finally) like I'm getting adjusted to life post FL - and it's great!
Hey just wanted to thank you for telling me about the Biocorneum. It is easier to just appy that than the way I was with the liquid gel, then covering with sunscreen. Hope you are doing well.
I'm glad the Biocorneum is working well for you. I'm busy being back to work and it feels good. I'm still in the recovery process, as I think I heal slowly and have some stubborn bruising and swelling, but I am overall happy with the result my PS achieved. Hope you are doing well!
Last night I read about the Yoga you did, and the new swelling you had. then today I was trying to exercise muscles on 1 side of loo so it would straighten out. I noticed the side of my face that wasn't swelled much anymore, now has new swelling! What was I thinking, lol. Oh well. I'm still recovering too. I had the short scar FL, but not sure what kind it was. I don't think it was deep plane. In front of my ears is still hard and numb. I just want to get my mouth straightened out. I can good the hard swelling with my long hair pretty much. I haven't had a regular hair cut in yrs. I just have it long layers. Was looking forward to getting hair cut. lol.

4 Months Yesterday

I've noticed that some of my RealSelf friends have posted advice for those considering a FL / NL procedure, and I'm going to add my 2 cents about discussung realistic expectations with your surgeon, listening carefully to what he or she says, and asking questions! Undergoing and recovering from these procedures are major life events, and anesthesia, pain meds, and extended temporary changes in life style and sensation are part of the experience. I think, if I ever really had realistic expectations for my results they drifted off somewhere into the anesthesia and pain med haze (both of which I did not tolerate well). My skin broke out in rashes - I freaked out. Changes in my neck and chin as the swelling subsided freaked me out. I did not take on the responsibility I should have early in the healing process to use the time during visits with my surgeon to ask questions about what had been done and what I should expect, but I did go home and worry and fret. Anyway, at 4 months I am getting back to reality, which is that My PS achieved an amazing result for me, and especially so given what he had to work with - and I quickly lost sight of that reality, too, almost immediately after surgery. My husband tells me I lok great. We visited my sister-in-law a couple of weeks ago and she said I look 20 years younger. Almost all swelling is gone. I still have slight numbness in front of my ears, and tightness in my neck. The tightness is occasionally uncomfortable, but mostly reassuring. So today I am posting a before picture and a picture taken today (no make-up, just lipstick). This juxtaposition helps me stay grateful and grounded ;)
Bski--are you sure those pics are really of the same woman? You do look easily 20 years younger!
Thank you, AEllen. Your compliment made my day!
You still look amazing! I just passed 6 months earlier this week . I fully agree with you. It takes a lot of time and patience. Finally after a month of p therapy my neck feels less constrictive. It really had been an issue and hurt a lot as the feeling came back. I developed tiny red broken vessels as my face healed, which had never been there prior , This was much to my dismay . I still have weird numbness on my checks . I did not have a brow lift as my ps did not believe in them. I am very very happy with my result. But if one were to ask me if I would do it all again I would probably say no, as it has been a long ordeal.

Vibrant Color

Well, RealSelf friends, I had the color put in my hair today , and as promised, here are a couple of pictures! I'm into the holiday spirit now for real, and looking forward to a family reunion next week!
Enjoyed reading about your experience. What a huge difference. You look beautiful!
I just reviewed your review and you look fantastic! I completely agree with trying to be realistic. I am only 6 days out and don't feel like I look very different. I am trying to be patient but I am missing that gene. I think it really does take awhile for our mental picture of ourselves to change. To everyone else going through this transition remember this: It takes 6 weeks to change a habit...maybe it takes 6 weeks to change our perception of ourselves? Something to think about.
Hi, CindyLouHoo! I had my old perception of myself for a lot of years! And the changes that happened to my face happened very slowly - barely perceptible from day to day. Then, between one day and the next, my face and neck changed dramatically. At nearly 5 months post op, I am now pretty comfortable looking in the mirror and seeing myself in pictures. It's been quite a journey for me ;)

One year later - not where I'd hoped to be

In every difficult experience there is always room for gratitude that it is not worse. I am just past the one year mark post-op, and I am grateful that my face isn't paralyzed. I am grateful for the nice result under my eyes. I am heartbroken that I cannot enjoy the fact that I look younger because I feel so terribly deformed. The deficit under my neck and the accompanying bulges on either side bring me to tears every day, along with the fact that the tightness I feel in my neck and under my chin is at best uncomfortable and regularly excruciating. I cannot take meds for pain, so my lot in life now is simply to deal with it all. The advice for pain provided at my last visit with Dr. Imola last week were to wait to see if the tightness improves in another 6 months and to take ibuprofen for discomfort. He said that if the discomfort hadn't subsided in another 6 months, he would remove the top 4 stitches in my neck, something he had never done before and for which he could make no guarantees with regard to improved tightness or cosmetic result. With regard to the irregularity under my jaw, he offered a revision surgery in 6 months or so to attempt to correct it. That would include flipping the fat pad (the larger of the two lumps) to help fill the deficiency and keep the fat viable, and hopefully would improve the contour of my neck. Has anyone heard of this? A peculiar result of this surgery is that the side of my face that used to be the larger side is now the smaller (and tighter) side, and what used to be the smaller side is larger and lax, with what looks to me like an abnormally huge crease adjacent to my mouth. It may not be true, but I feel at this point in time that my facelift was a surgical experiment gone wrong, and I feel confused and at a loss.
You Look wonderful, and So Much younger.... BRAVO
From your pictures above I think you look much more youthful in your after photos. I definitely cannot see the problems you are seeing. I sure hope you feel better emotionally very soon. Any change is often difficult.
Lisa, if you look at the area under my chin from one month, four months, and this week you will see the gradual but evident deficiency becoming more evident. I agree with you about change ... it's tough.

Pity Party is Over

I got my hair cut today ... made me feel so good. The gal who does my hair (for years now) is very kind to me, and sweet, and she tells me pretty lies that may be part truths, and she lets me mull over ideas with her, and she invites me to have a glass of wine with her and we laugh together.

I will need some type of revision surgery to achieve the outcome I was hoping for, and probably some fat transfer and some microderm abrasion. And then again, I might be chasing a plastic dream that is for some like me is only an illusion. I don't know. But for now I'm not feeling bad, or panicked, or frightened, or out of control, or demanding, or urgent. I'm feeling like I need to read The Desiderata every day (at least once), and I'm posting it here for any who might enjoy to read it, too.

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." Max Ehrmann
I think you look beautiful. The change is remarkable. Thank you for sharing!
Bski, thank you so much for writing the Desiderata for us, it is one of the most beautiful essays ever written. You are in my prayers.
Beautiful words of wisdom that I so needed to hear tonight. Thank you
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

I thought I was very fortunate to have chosen Dr. Mario Imola. I believed his assertion that he is a skilled surgeon, methodical, and in every way a consummate professional who cares deeply about his work. I took his calm demeanor to be reassuring, however, he was not forthcoming about information and when something went wrong in my case, he didn't care enough to 'make it right' even tho he said he would. He made proposals for repair that were preposterous and designed simply to blow me off. During the first couple of months of my recovery, he pestered me to write my review of him. He wanted to make sure it was done before the problem he knew existed became evident to me, to the point where he and I both contacted the folks at RealSelf to make sure my glowing review of him got posted. My confidence in the quality of care I've received has eroded over time due not only to the difficulties I've encountered, but also due to Dr. Imola's failure to be forthcoming about them, or to adequately or appropriately treat them, or even to refer me to someone who could. He simply doesn't care, and I hope my earlier review of Dr. Imola did not lead someone else into harm's way.