Ask Questions and Bring Books - Denver, CO

I had my "pooch" done first with the new...

I had my "pooch" done first with the new larger hand piece and it was PAINFUL for sure. at first I wasn't sure I was going to be able to tolerate it (and I have a very high pain tolerance) but in 10 mins. it was ok to sit through. I was nauseous however. I am not sure if I should have eaten more or less or if that really matters. It's now 12 hours later and I am still very nauseous and my tummy hurts and when I touch it it is numb and swollen.

I also had my sides done and I didn't feel a thing. The had piece was smaller and the only problem there was that the administrator used the wrong size hand piece at first and it popped off twice. This was frustrating because you have to sit still for a complete hour and the first time it went for 15 mins and popped off and the second it was more like 50 mins. She then switched hand pieces and it was a piece of cake.

HOWEVER, I would urge you to ask the doctor if they charge for each time even if it pops off. I didn't see how it was my fault that the thing popped off especially since I don't know how to use the machine and I wasn't in charge of picking the hand piece that fit correctly. But my Dr. charged me $300 for those two times. I guess how the machine works is that the Dr. purchases it from the manufacturer, then the manufacturer charges for each and every time it has to start it's cycle. I plan on talking with my Dr. about the bill because I don't think EITHER of us should be charged if the damn thing comes off.

I will update this as more time passes.

It's been a week and my hips do not hurt one...

It's been a week and my hips do not hurt one bit but my tummy has had sharp pains on and off constantly. Very painful and hurts to wear anything on my waist. (ie, pants)

ALSO, this is interesting. I get cysts on my ovaries every month and this month has been 100 times worse for pain. I would not have thought the two were connected, but a friend of mine with the same cysts got lipo a while ago and the same thing happened to her right after. I have no ides if the slight disruption to the area has anything to do with it, but I am posting it in case anyone else has this happen.

I RELLY hope this works, because it has been a lot of discomfort for me.