Coolsculpting Countdown - Denver, CO

Had my initial consult today 11-25-11 and although...

Had my initial consult today 11-25-11 and although i am 5'3" and 112 pounds i was told i would need the large device to take care of my belly. I have read that it is a little more intense with the large suction, any comments on that? I was also told to avoid alcohol for 3 days prior to decrease bruising...

Well, just came from having my stomach done and...

Well, just came from having my stomach done and dang did that hurt.. Felt like a mammogram the coolness did not bother me but the whole time it was like a bad pinching sensation, really bad was the last 5 minutes they have a massage mode and right as it came on it felt like i got a huge electrical shock, pressed the er button and she said that never happened before and maybe i was sitting up to straight because it laid me flat and then it went away, also when she massaged my belly it hurt like hell felt really bad bad burning sensation, i am better now i have a normal stomach although it is pins and needles feeling no more redness when i touch it but so far no bruising, was told to expect the shooting nerve pains in a few days, will update in a couple days. My lower belly measured 35inches and just right above belly button 33 inches.

Well day 5 and so far still feeling numb but that...

Well day 5 and so far still feeling numb but that is it, no pain just a little tender I did work out with my ab glider and i am sore from that, I am still waiting for the pin and needles pain that i have been reading about.

So i hurt my back and had 2 herniated discs in...

So i hurt my back and had 2 herniated discs in June just when i was starting to see results and i could not work out for 3 months i have been back to working out hard for about a month now.. it is crazy all of the sudden my belly is real flat so 10 months later, I did start to do Hit interval workouts so i am pretty sure that has helped i will post a picture but i do not know if it is because of cool sculpt or the Hit training i have been doing or both but i have slimmed down alot.

Great service had not had follow up yet but was told will get a phone call tomorrow to see how i am doing..

Friday I'm doing my abs again, inner & outer thighs!
how much was it
Yes I will be happy to do that for you. I will wait for some of the swelling to go down before I take before pics. My tummy is twice as swollen as before the procedure. I am really hoping for some positive results after this!
I had my upper and lower abs done a week ago, and OM MY GOSH, I am in pain! The procedure itself does initially take your breath away but wasn't that bad. The after pain is a different story. I feel like someone is trying to pull my insides out---terribly painful! I was not prepared for this level of pain AT ALL!!!!! I called in this morning requesting pain pills. Hoping for some good results after all this.

Yikes, you sound pretty miserable.  I hope you look great aferwards!  Will you post some pics to let us know how you are doing and updates please?

Kate

Pain pills don't work. Get a nerve-blocker like, Neurontin. Some folks have had luck with Lidocaine patches.
Well I am on the 4th week since having the Coolsculpting procedure. The pain and numbness have finally subsided and I am starting to see some positive results. The cramping and stabbing pains lasted for two weeks. Had I been prepared for this debilitating pain it would have been a different story. I missed two days of work as a result. I ended up getting pain pills and Lidocaine patches saved me!!!! Make sure you have all of this in preparation! I can normally handle pain pretty well but this was awful. I have 30 more days and i will be able to let you all know if it was worth it or not :)
No, it has been 2 months today and maybe a half inch lost so far, and I am really working out, very frustrated.
Any new results / pictures???

I am interested to see how your Coolsculpting turns out!  Your photos seem to be what Coolsculpting says is an ideal candidate.  I heard that softer fat works better with the machine then harder fat but I haven't actually used it myself!

Good luck!  I can't wait to see the afters. :)

Kate

Don't waste your $$$ on the saddlebags. Not enough fat got in the 6.3" attachment & it didn't even feel cold. 3 days later & the skin isn't numb at all. Wait for the larger thigh attachment in October.
Having my saddlebags dome tomorrow!
I totally relate - I was also most bothered by my stomach so even though the suction was stronger there I felt it was my priority. Best of luck on the 8th!
Thanks for the comments, i got a second opinion and was told maybe to do my love handles first to give me a hourglass figure( i have no hips and have just a straight line down my body)and then see if i want to do the belly. I think i am going with the first doctor and do my belly first because that is what bothers me the most and see how i do before i get the love handles done, even though they have a special by 3 areas get one free. So I am getting it done now on December 8th for $1200 for the large attachment..
Fish oil also causes bruising.
Good to know thanks i will stop taking it until after i have the procedure done, I was also told to take bromelein or arnica pills a few days before procedure.
Hi flabby46, I have a similar figure to yours and I was also told I need the large device. They measured based on how the belly fat is spread across the stomach and they try to get the kind of fit that will cover it fully. Yes, it was a bit more intense on my stomach because of the larger device (so just more powerful suction), and because the skin on the stomach is more sensitive than the love handles area. But really, it was not that big a deal: the initial suction takes only a few minutes to get used to (as others have mentioned too). I had zero bruising and I didn't forgo my evening wine glass. If you're really worried about bruising you should then not only stop alcohol but not take any other blood thinners which includes ibuprofen, aspirin, or alleve. Hope this helps. Best of luck.
Be sure they give you a nerve-blocker, like Neurontin, for the pain. Many have reported it to be very bad. Starts about the 4th day post-treatment.
I had the procedure done 5 days ago, and like clockwork, I could not sleep last night due to shooting pains. This is the first time I've had this pain since having it done. Called and left a msg for the nurse to prescribe Neurontin for me. Thanks so much for the advice!
My procedure was done on February 6. Mild pain began on March 9, with severe pain setting in on the 11th, which lasted for one week. So I would say the pain lasts for 7-10 days then it just becomes a little uncomfortable. I am starting to see a pretty significant difference in the size of my stomach, and I am right at 30 days. I was told after 60 days full results would be apparent so I am looking forward to the next month! I will keep you posted.
TD

Good luck tomorrow!

I don't have any specific advice about the large device; I've seen people have pain with both, and no pain with both. :) I think the initial suction tends to take your breath away though.

Can't wait to hear how it turns out for you. :)