Radiesse: Recovery a Long and Slow Process - Colorado

I decided to see my doctor about tear through...

I decided to see my doctor about tear through filler and he recommended/used Radiesse. It took one month for the bruising to totally subside.

The majority of swelling is gone but I still look 'puffy' under the eyes after four weeks. Ultimately I think (pray/hope) I will be happy with the product and results but right now each day is very hard. I know I look older than before the procedure and really not like 'me'.

I have these coffe-cup type reddish rings under both eyes that I'm told will fade...I don't know...I think an experience injector is beyond important. I don't have anything negative about the product but more about the variety of ways it seems to be injected? I've read on this site that it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 5 months for Radiesse to 'settle'.

I'm hoping once it is absorbed some, I will be happier with the results but for now I wish I could go back in time and have my old eyes back. My left eye is sort-of okay but the right has a small hard lump and more puffy. I'm still using ice packs at night and gentle massage on the lump in hopes it will absorb faster.

I appreciated reading all the comments on this site and hope someone else can benefit from my experience too. I will happily post any changes (good and bad) as healing continues and time passes. I have read about some people doing saline shots in the lumps but at this point I'm hesitant to add any more trauma to such a delicate area. I know Radiesse isn't permanent so I'm hoping time (and lots and lots of concealer) will solve the issues I have. I know this: once I can get back to my pre-procedure me, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't have six months to live a cave to allow for recovery time.

I have had two IPL treatments in an attempt to fix...

I have had two IPL treatments in an attempt to fix the redness left from the tear trough Radiesse done in November. It's provided some success but each treatment as resulted in the area becoming inflammed and swollen again. This swelling usually lasts about 10 days and is helped along with a 5 day dose of Prednisone. This is the last one I'm doing however; I just can't continue to be productive with all the 'down' time needed and concealer can only do so much. I know that this product lasts a year and I have read other reviews on this site that stated their redness had all but disappeared after 12-18 months. My plan from now on is to wait this out. The really sad part is that when the swelling is gone, I love the results of the product itself--my tear trough area is filled nicely--but the redness is too much. Cons outweigh pros.

I'm at roughly 7 months and all signs of the...

I'm at roughly 7 months and all signs of the Radiesse have disappeared completely. I consider myself lucky that the product was broken down so quickly by my body. I think Radiesse is fine when injected properly (deeply) and in the areas it is FDA approved for only. I will likely get my eyes done again in the next year but with a filler that can be removed with saline if I dislike the results (Juvederm). I encourage anyone seeing a doctor about tear trough NOT to use Radiesse for this area. Too risky.

Doctor was very good/reputable but I was never told that most doctors do NOT use Radiesse under the eyes nor was I told that it is an injector that cannot be 'reversed' as Restylane. Had I known, I would have most certainly chose the less-lasting fillers.

Sorry about what you are experiencing. Radiesse is a great product that I use all the time, but never under the eye. It can be surgically removed if necessary.
Hi everyone, well its been 6mths since, and im still battling with my vanity moment at having my tear trough area done. Still experiencing puffy days, days where the skin is thin and wrinkly, then totally eneven days where i look like a stroke victim. I am at witts end, missing work and activities cause im embarrassed at how I look. Found a product called instant eye lift, made me feel really great when first applied, but then I tried to smile and it cracked and made my skin not want to stretch naturally. Im so hoping that someone out there has experienced similar things and can tell me about their ups and downs and how they coped.

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. :( I guess to see the positive, you are at the 6 month mark, so hopefully you will see it going away in the next 6 months. I can imagine that would seem like forever...but it will end.

Im having a tough time with a lot of the same problems. How are you now?
get a sonic care toothbruth. hold the back of the toothbrush up, against the area that has radiesse in it. it will slowly break up the area, allowing the body to absorb the radiesse. I know because I've had radiesse in the sides of my face (nasolabial lines) for 5 years. I was overfilled & only the top 1" part dissolved. the rest (going down to almost my jawline has remained - about 50-60% since. I started using my sonicare toothbrush because no one had any answers (including all the doctors on here). they're no help. no one wants to surgically remove the radiesse, as it'll probably cause more problems. any filler will always dissolve faster in more mobile areas of the face. I've been doing the sonicare toothbrush remedy for about 3 weeks now & can start to see a difference. I was only doing it 2x a week. but now that I'm seeing improvement, I've moved it up to every day. (I just do it while watching tv & have a small mirror to make sure I'm holding it right on top of the area). I hope that helps! I can truly empathize with you. I personally think radiesse should be banned, as there's no way to remove it & it mimics bone more than fat tissue.
That happened to me too but it went away over time.
Hey all, well im still battling with my eyes. Yes some of the puffiness is going down, but now im noticing that its going down unevenly leaving me with wrinkled pockets that were not there before i had this done. Its almost like all the puffiness actually stretched my skin Has this happened to anyone else. And if so, did this settle and eye area get better?
That's it - I have wrinkled pockets now that I did not have before the Radiesse injections under my eyes I know that the puffiness caused by Radiesse caused my skin to stretch and wrinkle. My Radiesse has lasted for 3 years some is still there. BIG MISTAKE!
Hey WhyOhWhy, thanks for yr encouraging comments. Ican't wait for the day that they look and feel normal. I had a combo of estella and juvederm in the trough area and the top of cheek area to help disguise the puffiness and shadow line that it is causing. Unfortunately this didn't work and now i have am even wider area under my eyes that like to blow up. I now think if and when it calms down, ill have under the eye surgery. I wish you luck it trying facial fillers again.
I know it's a hard time for you right now but I really started to see a difference more around 5 months so hang in there--it does go away. What type of filler did your doctor use?
I too had fillers in the tear trough area. 12 weeks later i'm still having hit and miss days. I wake up praying that it will be wonderful or at lest less puffy and some days it is, others not so. They say ive gotten edemia from it,and only time will it improve, "Lucky its only temperory" they say. Haha, I take Telsfast daily,I ice my face morning and night, I've cut out alcohol, cut back on exercise, dont moisturise my face, actually Ive totally had to change my life all for the fact that I wanted to look fresher faced. Think hard before making the choice as it doesnt work for all.
I hear you! I have the same problem. It has been about 15 days and I have this darkening under my eyes. I really don't know how the doctor didn't advise me to use Juvederm instead of Radiesse. I feel like a guinea pig.
Good point you make about doctors that do not advise us about the side effects and furthermore using Radiesse under the eyes when it is so advised not to.

Hi Why,

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this, but as you said, I hope it gets better with time too. Please keep us updated to how the healing goes. Thanks for the review.

-Britt