Radiesse to Help with the Wrinkles of my Smile Lines - Is This Normal? Chipmunk Cheeks...

I got the Radiesse injection yesterday to help out...

I got the Radiesse injection yesterday to help out with the wrinkles of my smile lines. I now have to puffy pouches on both sides of my lips (a little above the lips).

The doctor said there will be swelling the first day. I'm on the second day and it still looks like this. Is this really swelling? Or is this the Radiesse and it was injected wrong and it all is in that area instead of spread out evenly? Any ideas? Please help.

I deeply feel for the people who have suffered under the hands of a greedy and reckless medical industry here in the USA. I had this despicable product Injected under my jaw line over two years ago, and posted here on realself about my massive inflammatory response, marked by persistent redness along the jaw, constant infections and puss coming up, and huge swollen lumps the size of ping pong balls on some days. This initial reaction lasted a full two months, after doctor after doctor turned me away In shock and awe, afraid of injecting me w steroids longterm and baffled by the sight of me. For the following year Lumps under my skin remained distorting my face, and the redness and the endless cycle of puss filled lesions continued, actually moving from site to site on my face, up from the jaw all along my cheeks and hairline. at two years, tens of thousands of dollars of laser surgery, alternative health treatments and a univeristy's share of knowledge on holistic and high tech skin care later, I still suffer constant redness all along the bottom half of my face, with dozens of new puss filled white heads coming up daily. I lost a full two years of my life and only now am able to manage this condition, namely the constant stinging pain has finally subsided (I couldn't rest my face on a pillow at night or touch my skin without shooting stinging pain). So this is my great success. I have been unemployable In any job out in public as I have looked sick, infected, deformed and "on drugs". Cops have stopped me multiple times and profiled me as a drug user. My sex life suffered immensely save for my spiritual compassion and confident personality. I have had to reorient my career path entirely because if this problem. All caused by injections that I paid for and that were administered by a fully competent and reputable surgeon, or so I thought. This product is evil and had ruined my life, only demanding me to abandon vanity and seek spiritual and personal transcendence to overcome the judgments of people around me, employers, police, my own family, and potential lovers. I have found relieve of sorts through diligent, extremely informed high tech natural skin care, radical lifestyle changes to live near a natural sulfuric hotspring in southern California, a 100% zero gluten diet, no more plastic surgery anything, total mind body health and a dissolution of my ego.. And still I am marked, scarred, can't shave, and spend more time than I ever dreamt I would "grooming" and doing damage control. I am more informed than any medical doctor, naturopath, esthetician on skin care now, diet and lifestyle. Out of necessity. Out of desperation, out of pain and constant discomfort. This Product single handedly derailed my entire Life and career and I still suffer two years on..
Have you used an ice pack on it? Did you experience any redness & itchy feeling in any other part of your body?
It is going to look beautiful when the swelling comes down. This is the look I am looking for after my injections. I have been there not once and usually when it looks like this after injections it turns out to be the greatest. Unfortunately I do not ge this "chipmonk" look lately after my injections which means only one thing: the filler did not get into right place. I am sure you are pretty happy by now.

did you get this done by someone with experience?

The swelling went down. Woohoo :) so happy about that BUT the wrinkles are back, so it didn't work afterall. I was swollen like that for almost 5 days, couldn't go to work, spent $700 and now the wrinkles are back (MAYBE a tiny bit less, but not very noticeable less). I do not recommend Radiesse!
Mellowyellow- It takes a couple of weeks for it to completely set in. You will likely still see improvements. It has been 2 weeks since my first experience with Radiesse and the lines have slightly reappeared but still looks so much better and very natural. Are you going back in for a check-up?
I had the same problem with it not lasting. I could see laugh lines a week after I had it done,I do have a super fast matablism, that might have something to do with it. can someone please tell me what a person should use if Radiesse does not last for them.
I had Radiesse injected into my deep nasolabial folds and i love it. It looks natural and works well. I was swollen for only three days. The picture looks like your tongue is pushing your lower jowl line out.
Please tell us how it turned out. I am considering this same treatment but this makes me a bit nervous.
you're fine! I looked just like that and, like you, was scared!! No need. The swelling will go down and you will like the result...I know I do!
Your fine! I was worried about the same thing after I had it done. I wish there were more "two day after" photos! The swelling WILL go down and you won't look like that anymore! I had mine done in October and love it!