Horrible Sculptra Granulomas-Denver, Co

Sculptra caused 26 granulomas which I had removed...

Sculptra caused 26 granulomas which I had removed - I had 2 lower eyelid surgeries & 5 excisions to remove the granuloma. They kept growing even after two years. I think I have them all removed now, but it was expensive and an awful experience.

Avoid sculptra - you never know when you'll have the kind of reaction I did.

I hear that you are never supposed to get it under your eyes, but I have LOVED it in my face. Wish injectors would not do the eyes!
Hi there can anyone recommend me a surgeon who is experienced at the removal of these preferably in the UK!
hi maggie my friend has started to get sculptra in dublin she had one lot done so far and she doing fine but i am worried for her now after reading what happened to you she was told that she would need 5 in total how many did you have done any advice on this i would be greatfull

Edel Q
I had two separate treatments approximately three months apart. The granulomas started six months after the first treatment and new ones kept growing. I have a few very small ones left that aren't growing and aren't noticeable. I think I've finally beat it - $10,000 plus later!
Why didn't a moderator ever follow up on my Sculptra granuloma warnings I posted? I have had 3 surgeries for sculptra chronic granulomatous inflammatory foreign body response. Local granulomas and systemic inflammation and I am looking at one more surgery in another 2 months. I hope that will the last surgery ever. Sculptra is a horrible product and is known to cause unpredictable foreign body reactions. If you value your face and/or your health dont use it. when it goes wrong you cant pay enough to get rid of it. It cant be gotten rid of.

Hi Dru,

Sorry about that, I have only been the dermatology moderator for the last month, trying to get through all of them, but thanks for keeping me on my toes, I need that  :)

So sorry about your Sculptra procedure. Thank you for being such an active part of the community, your review and follow ups are very important. You had mentioned you were looking to have another surgery in two months, what is it? How are you doing now? Please keep me updated.

-Britt

Where did you go to get sculptra removed?

Hi Marggie,

No problem I completely understand. Please continue to be part of the community, you have some good advice to offer. See you around the community and thanks again.

Hi Marggie,

Thanks for joining the community. How is everything going now, since you have had everything removed are you doing better? Please keep me updated.

Thanks,

Hi Britt,

Thanks for your comment! Yes, I'm doing well. I'm dealing with dry eyes after so many eye surgeries and am trying to get that resolved. I'm grateful I found doctors who would remove the horrible mess under my eyes.

That is great you found a doctor I'm so glad. Would you be comfortable posting pictures? I know the community would really appreciate it. Keep me updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Hi Britt - It was so emotionally painful I don't have any pictures of "before". My Plastic Surgeon took pictures, but I really don't want to get them or see them.