Horrible Sculptra Granulomas-Denver, Co

Sculptra caused 26 granulomas which I had removed...

Sculptra caused 26 granulomas which I had removed - I had 2 lower eyelid surgeries & 5 excisions to remove the granuloma. They kept growing even after two years. I think I have them all removed now, but it was expensive and an awful experience.

Avoid sculptra - you never know when you'll have the kind of reaction I did.

What do granulomas feel like? Are they hard or soft? I have both hard and soft lumps.
They can be hard, I had some that you could move these were more compact and then I had another that was soft but longer - rather like a squirt of toothpast. Are yours visible and are they causing any miscomfort?
Yes that's exactly what I have. How did you get rid of them? Mine swell, cause discomfort and can be seen.
I have read of some people who have been for surgery, if you look you can see various experiences. I did nothing as I didn't trust and couldn't afford it. There is also the embarrasment - what would I tell people?? I was 'lucky' compared to others where I think surgery and a type of 'immune' response was very necessary. Have you sought help where you had the procedure? Some I know have tried to counter the reaction with a type of steroid injection with mixed results. I discussed this but was not convinced. My lumps are no longer visible around my cheekbone and nose but the one that had previously disappered on my chin is back as a flat lump which is not too unsightly. There is also a new one on my chin which looks like squirt of toothpaste under the surface but this one is only visible when I pull certain expressions! As yet all I have done is wait. I did some research and would have loved to have spoken to others in the uk who were unlucky enough to suffer with this reaction.
I think time is the answer. I wished there was a magic wand but after my experience I would be dubious to take it. As, as with sculptra, maybe it wouldn't work with me. The reaction is far less obvious now and although I feel that maybe I shouldn't say it, it is unlikely that new lumps will appear as I no longer have the 'danger' sensations!
I hear that you are never supposed to get it under your eyes, but I have LOVED it in my face. Wish injectors would not do the eyes!
Hi there can anyone recommend me a surgeon who is experienced at the removal of these preferably in the UK!
hi maggie my friend has started to get sculptra in dublin she had one lot done so far and she doing fine but i am worried for her now after reading what happened to you she was told that she would need 5 in total how many did you have done any advice on this i would be greatfull

Edel Q
I had two separate treatments approximately three months apart. The granulomas started six months after the first treatment and new ones kept growing. I have a few very small ones left that aren't growing and aren't noticeable. I think I've finally beat it - $10,000 plus later!
Why didn't a moderator ever follow up on my Sculptra granuloma warnings I posted? I have had 3 surgeries for sculptra chronic granulomatous inflammatory foreign body response. Local granulomas and systemic inflammation and I am looking at one more surgery in another 2 months. I hope that will the last surgery ever. Sculptra is a horrible product and is known to cause unpredictable foreign body reactions. If you value your face and/or your health dont use it. when it goes wrong you cant pay enough to get rid of it. It cant be gotten rid of.

Hi Dru,

Sorry about that, I have only been the dermatology moderator for the last month, trying to get through all of them, but thanks for keeping me on my toes, I need that  :)

So sorry about your Sculptra procedure. Thank you for being such an active part of the community, your review and follow ups are very important. You had mentioned you were looking to have another surgery in two months, what is it? How are you doing now? Please keep me updated.

-Britt

Where did you go to get sculptra removed?

Hi Marggie,

No problem I completely understand. Please continue to be part of the community, you have some good advice to offer. See you around the community and thanks again.

Hi Marggie,

Thanks for joining the community. How is everything going now, since you have had everything removed are you doing better? Please keep me updated.

Thanks,

Hi Britt,

Thanks for your comment! Yes, I'm doing well. I'm dealing with dry eyes after so many eye surgeries and am trying to get that resolved. I'm grateful I found doctors who would remove the horrible mess under my eyes.

That is great you found a doctor I'm so glad. Would you be comfortable posting pictures? I know the community would really appreciate it. Keep me updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Hi Britt - It was so emotionally painful I don't have any pictures of "before". My Plastic Surgeon took pictures, but I really don't want to get them or see them.