Too Small? Denver, CO

I've wanted a chin implant for over 10 years now,...

I've wanted a chin implant for over 10 years now, and I finally decided to go through with it. I'm only 5 days post op right now, but I'm concerned it might be too small. I don't feel like I have any more swelling, so I'm hoping it doesn't get any smaller. I told my doctor I wanted a small, subtle change, but now I'm thinking I might have regretted that statement. I just wanted to get some opinions on if you think it should be bigger. Thank you!

I think proportionally your jaw should protrude as far forward as your lips and anything short of that is a weak chin. So I agree that the implant was too small.
Hi! Could you share who your doctor was? I am also getting a chin implant in Denver in 2 weeks. I'm still not sure about what size to go with.
My dr recommended a med but I only wanted a subtle change as well so we went with a small. I'm 15 days post op. How's your healing coming along. I still can't smile or talk right :/
I'm 15 days post-op as well! I can smile and talk perfectly normal. It only took me a few days to fully recover. I was surprised actually! I hope you heal quickly :)
I think the left side wing has bubbled up. Dr says may be a hematoma by the end of the wing but some things pressing on nerve for me to be still dealing with this crap.do you feel any tightness around your chin
No, not at all. I feel back to normal. I'm sorry you are having so many issues :(
My sister in-law also did a chin implant which the doctor had recommended a larger size than she was comfortable with. She now regrets not listening to the doctor, as she feels she went too small.
I think it looks great. I am getting an implant next month, I am also worried about which size to choose. I want to pick the correct choice.
Thanks for sharing on RealSelf! I have moved your story into the chin implant community, so hopefully more folks will stop by and share their opinion. I can definitely see an improvement. Do you know what size implant your surgeon used?
I just found out yesterday at my 2 week follow-up that they used a LARGE. I was shocked. I guess I should get used to it, because I definitely don't want an XL lol.
"Large" is a pretty generic term as far as implants go. If you check out http://www.implantech.com/products/facial-implants/silicone-facial-implants/chin-and-mandibular-implants you can see that the different styles all have their own S, M, L and that projection given by eat one varies pretty drastically. For example, the XL extended anatomical chin has slightly less forward projection than the M mittelman pre jowl chin. So it is important to not only know the size but brand and model. XL on its own sounds huge but M sounds normal but in above example, the M one is actually larger.
My doctor used a Large to! I was worried at first but I love the size and think it is perfect.
Thank you so much for sharing your opinion about your doctor.

I would love to add your experience to the Chin Implant community, but it would be helpful if you could provide some more detail about your experience with your procedure/treatment. I suggest adding before and after photos - optional of course, so that other community members can use your review as a guide throughout their journey.

Ready to add an update now? Click here to add more detail to your review to be part of the Chin Implant community today.
I do have before and after pics.