Chin Implant? - Denver, CO

Hi! I am seriously considering having a chin...

Hi! I am seriously considering having a chin implant and have done everything but officially schedule the date. However, I am still apprehensive. I would only want a small implant because I prefer to keep my chin on the smaller side. Based on the experience of those who have had an implant, would it be worth it for me to go through with it?

Don't do it, please. You are beautiful. If you do it you will regret it so much, like I am now. I want mine out.
Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! Have you decided what you're going to do?
Has anyone had great results for a chin implant here in Denver?
I had a chin implant in Denver with good results. I would see the following surgeons to gain insight. Dr. Raval, his specialty is rhinoplasty and he does a fair amount of chin implant surgery. The reason I did not go with him is that he wanted to use general anesthesia and I thought that was a little much for this procedure. Dr. Imola, great surgeon as well, he primarily uses Medpor implants, I wanted a silicone one since Medpor can be problematic if any issues arise. Dr. Weber, great guy, I choose him to do my surgery. Very kind and caring. Dr. Ladner, new surgeon in town but has great before and after photos, I have not met him. Dr. Shah, great credentials and by far the best price. Feel free to PM me if you have additional questions.
Joe, thanks so much!!
Does anyone else here in Denver have a surgeon recommendation for a chin implant?
You do NOT need a chin implant in my opinion. I had one put in back in 1992 when I was 17 (I am 38 now). I had a very receded chin though and really needed one. You, however, have an amazing profile! I would have given anything to have your profile so I didn't have to go through with the surgery. But if you still feel the need to pursue it, I would make an appointment for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and see what his/her opinion would be. :-)
Thanks for your input! I feel like this picture may be a little generous because I did have half a syringe of radiesse in. Have you had any complications since you got it?
In the past 22 years (wow, can't believe it's been that long) I have had ZERO complications! I did have a scare once when I was SUPER drunk with my friends, and tripped UP the stairs of my apartment building in 2005. I hit my chin SO hard that it had swollen up and I thought I moved it! I called the surgeon's office who assured me it was swelling. It was. I just looked a little crooked for a couple days :-) Can you post a pic of your side profile without the Radiesse? When does it wear off? You can message me too if you'd like. I think you're gorgeous though!
Wow that's very encouraging that you haven't had any major issues and that it can withstand a serious hit! Unfortunately I do not have any side profile pictures from before. I know the change it made was very subtle and I have had it a little over four months. I'm not really sure if it's still completely there or how long it will stay because I feel like my body may metabolize it quickly. Again, thank you so much for your input!
Of course! Good luck to you and if you wanna chat, just message me :) I'm on here with my tummy tuck review after having twins :-)
Personally I don't think you need it, and this is coming from a 21 year old male :) I think you're already gorgeous and you're profile is great.
I agree with the above. You are seriously pretty and do not need a chin implant.
Thanks to both of you for your feedback, I appreciate it.
Personally I don't think you need it... You have a very nice profile.. Even if you went ahead and gig s small implant, it would be such a small change and hardly noticeable... Prob not worth the money, pain, & & head games your mind will play on you
Thank you so much for the feedback. I appreciate it!
I think a small or medium chin implant would look good. You profile is looks good to start and adding 3-5MM of projection will help create even more balance. I had chin implant surgery in Denver as well. Who is the doctor you are considering? What kind of implant are they going to use. I would guess an Implantech Anatomical or Extended Anatomical. The surgery is really not that bad, some pain and discomfort for a couple days but that’s about it. I had to have my initial chin implant revised and for the second operation I choose to use local anesthesia only. The worst part was the numbing shots but after that the procedure didn’t hurt at all. Many doctors want to use general anesthesia for this procedure, which I think is overkill when local or IV sedation works just fine.
Thanks for the information! I have met with Dr. Weber and he definitely seems like a great choice.