Melange Good for Olive, Darker Skin Tones - Denver, CO

I have done the melange peel twice. The first one...

I have done the melange peel twice. The first one I did last year and made a girls session out of it- my mom and aunt had one done at the same time. We hung out watching TV for the 8 hours the mask had to be on. We all have olive to dark skin and are hispanic. My mom and I are seasoned patients at our dermatologists office and both have used triluma and epiquin in the past(at different times of course) on our skin. My aunt however was a "virgin" to skin peels. What I noticed was that while we all got red, my aunt with the virgin skin got less red than we did and ultimately had a less dramatic result. Also all of us had watery eyes while the mask was on. However I could definitely tell a difference in my mom's skin- she was 67 yrs old at the time and had struggled all her life with scarring from acne as a teenager. When I saw her months later during Christmas, her skin had a "glow" to it- looked really healthy, even toned and dewy.

I saw a less dramatic result but then again I was 37 yo and have no wrinkles or lines to start out with. My derma likes to take before and after photos using a special photo filter that shows sun damage in the pictures. In my after photos, my pores were smaller, my skin looked tighter and there was slightly less sun damage. Also my chin area where I had hyperpigmented acne scars was more even toned.

This year I had the melange peel done again two days ago. This time I was beet red and had a little bit of swelling the first night. I took a motrin that first night and followed the instructions. Today is my second day and when I woke up my skin was still red. I spent the day out today but used the sunscreen, anti redness balm, foundation with SPF and powder with SPF. Mid day today my skin started peeling. When I came home tonights I washed off all my makeup with Bobbi Brown makeup cleanser first and then used the Melange foam wash. After washing and about 24 h following removal of the mask my skin was less red than the day prior.

Tonight I put on the melange cream 2 and some antiredness cream. I was careful not to scrub my skin and made sure that any skin flakes produced during the day were washed, not picked, off. I also added the intensive moisturizer cream tonight. I think as you peel moisturizing with an emollient cream (given in the kit) is key to getting better results without scarring your skin. It also avoids any itchiness. As your skin begins to flake, avoid the temptation of peeling pieces off. If flakes develop, I recommend washing with the cleanser and this process itself sloughs the dead skin off. I also recommend using the moistiurizer (that they give you ) multiple times during the day.

Through a discussion, your doctor will use different techniques to charge the indication: Peeling skin. These will include a bodily test and possibly analytic tests. (Note: A physical exam is always done; diagnostic tests may or may not be perform depending on the suspected condition) Your doctor will inquire several questions when assess your provision. It is vital to openly share any pertinent information to help your doctor make an accurate diagnosis.
It is also very vital to bring an up-to-date list of all of your all medical situation, medications including dosages, and names of numbers of any expert you see.

Hello Mlalik,

Can we assume you are a doctor or esthetician?

Thanks,

Hi Mas4tune,

This was an awesome review! Your step by step and what products you used really helped, and thank you for putting your age and type of skin that is really important for a lot of our readers. Would you do it again and do you have pictures?

Thanks for all the info,

Hi Brit,

I would definitely do it again- in fact I probably will do it yearly until I am ready for a lift! I think that there is a higher likelihood of adverse hyperpigmentation with the other types of peels, especially in patients with olive skin. I will ask my derma for the pictures and post them when I get them.

Hey mas4tune,

Thanks for the update. Yes pictures would be great!

Thanks,