Bumpy Skin Post Light CO2 Laser Surgery - Denmark

I am 2½ months post light CO2 laser surgery...

I am 2½ months post light CO2 laser surgery and the healingprocess is extremely slow and I'm worried that my skin will never return to its normal state.

My skin is still red but has improved over time but I have dark/red stripes on both sides of my chin which are leaving my skin looking extremely dented and bumpy - the skin texture is not smooth at all and I am so worried this is permanent. I had this same procedure done 10 years ago by another doctor and I had no problems. My current doctor says it could be because a different CO2 laser was used, but I'm thinking maybe he is just inexperienced and didn't do it safely.

Pros: pores are looking better, skin is more tight.

Cons: Slow healing process, uneven skin texture, very bumpy skin.

I wanted to get rid of uneven skin tone, few wrinkles, tighten skin.

Is uneven skin texture/bumpy skin normal after CO2 laser surgery and is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process and get rid of the dented/bumpy textured skin? Thank you so much.

When or if my skin heals I can decide whether this procedure was worth it.

I had fractional co2 1 month back. My acne scaring has increased,it's more visible than ever. I am nervous.
I am now 7 months out from the CO2 resurfacing around my mouth. The swelling has gone down quite a bit and the treatment did help with the wrinkles. However, I still have areas that are pink and some are whiter than the untreated skin, so I must continue to wear post-surgical makeup and mineral powder. Even so, the discolorations are still slightly visible. Not sure if this area will ever look totally normal, but it has improved.
I had gorgeous skin before I did this. Now I've got the dot and orange peel look...help!!! 3 weeks 1 day post op. hate it
My dr recommended it after my upper lower bleph which I also hate
A success story would be appreciated thanks ;)
I had fully ablative (not fraxel) C02 done around my mouth 13 weeks ago. I'm in my early 50s and very fair skinned. This is the most aggresive laser used on the face and the initial swelling and peeling were horrible. More than 3 months out from the procedure, the pink discoloration is still visible even with surgical camouflage makeup, and it looks like I have some distortion or light scarring on the chin. Anyone else have a similar result and did the scarring go away? How long didit take for the pink discoloration to go away? My doctor says it may be up to 6 months - ugh. One ray of sunshine - I had started getting lots of acne on the chin and switched from Aquafor to Obagi healing moisturizer and the breakouts are almost gone in just 4 days. This recovery has been so much more intense than I ever imagined . . .

It sounds like you are doing fine> I had it done and after 7 months I was still blotchy and red> You are lucky

hi,..,i,m into my 3 day after dot co2.,.,.i was advised by the dermatologist to use vaseline to keep my skin moisturised otherwise it,s so sandpapery .,.,.,does any one else use vaseline.,,.,. do you know if i can use my normal undermake up moisturiser like dove or nivea?, ,...,,i,m house bound because of recovery so not able to get out ..,vaseline is doing ok but it,s very greasy
I'm acne prone and my doctor told me to use it but I argued with him and told him that I have a history of acne so he said to switch to just the antibiotic cream after the second day. I had levulan with blue light before and two of the treatments went wonderfully but the third one I got horrible cystic acne and the scaring afterword left my skin worse off than ever before!!! Thus I waited almost 8 years to go in for another cosmetic procedure i"m reading al these horror stories and kind of terrified what's going to happen with my skin.
Also a lawyer told me that no matter what you sign it's not binding in california so if they fuck up your skin you can sue them.
I've had a full face CO2 laser resurfacing 3X in Plano,TX. Jan'97, Jan2000 & Dec'05. CO2 is best tolerated in the winter months. I'm 58. I'm now considering my 4th CO2. I have 100% British genes & very fair. CO2 Laser works only on fair skin. I had lots of freckles & pigment discloration from 2 pregnacies-but not now! I look 10 yrs younger than my age & get compliments all the time! I lived in Dallas,now N. Florida. Full recovery time for me was about 8 weeks.The first 4-5 weeks I hid indoors-I was so scarry looking.The first 2 weeks my eyelids were droopy from the laser & my eyes were bloodshot-expecially scarry! Special metal protective eye shields are put right on the eyeballs with an ointment then my eyelids were sutured shut as an extra pre-caution.There's no doubt-its a scarry ordeal.But if you can afford the downtime,your end result is well worth it.No other laser does what the CO2 can.I've had DOT treatment on my legs above my knees,decolette,arms & hands.It didn't give me results.Total waste of $$$$.But when you have CO2 laser...nothing else measures up to it!

I always use sunscreen when I'm out-Coppertone Sensitive Skin 50SPF/ 14.5% zinc oxide(walmart)has the highest zinc oxide% I can find.I continue to use Eucerin Aquaphor healing ointment everynight ever since my 1st CO2. I use Equate Therapeutic Moisturizing Cream all over my body(if its in a jar,its better cause its thicker!) Aquafor is used by PS after laser & better than any overpriced cream out there! Model Tara Banks says so too!
it is 5 months after my laser and i am still red and blotchy
SimplySydney,

I am considering a CO2 peel but I'm reading many reviews about people experiencing milia, sandpaper-like texture and laser patterns on face after their peel. I am wondering if they just posted their reviews too soon and whether these side effects eventually resolve. Did you experience any of these effects (milia, laser marks, orange peel texture et al) during your recovery?

Thanks, Debbie
hi debbie,.,.yes i did experience all those you mentioned during the healing period,.,.,.i healed very well and am pleased with the results,,even the ''scarring'' i had went away ,.,.,it,s now been 5weeks and all is well,.,.,.,.
Thanks, Binni, hope you're happy with the final results.
can anyone answer my question about redness after laser
I had fractional co2 laser 8 weeks ago. My face is still red and is burning. Has anyone had this problem
I had coe fractional laser 8 weeks ago My face is still red and burning, has anyone else had this problem after 8 weeks
hi.,.,.,i had my upper and lower lips done, chin and neck 3 days ago,..,.,i,m seeing a difference in that the redness is subsiding,.,.i put cold facecloths on 3x a day or more if you have the time.,,..,my neck is feeling sand papery more than my chin and lips which have no more crusting .,,..,my chin is red and swollen a bit.,.,i hope it goes down as my profile looks quite witch-like,..,lol,..,.,i,m hoping my neck gets smoother but i feel it looks better with every dose of vaseline i use to moisturise as i have no other moisturiser and look a bit of a sight to be seen.,.,.,.,.keep putting on cold facecloths or gauze ,.,.i keep mine in the fridge,.,..it helps,..,hope it will do the same for you,.,..,.,i know mine is new ish compared to yours,..,.,but still it may help,..,.,.,
did you not stay in the house. If you do not follow the order to not leave the house and keep the blinds drawn you will burn your skin and it will hurt.
I am 6 weeks p/o and my skin feels like sandpaper and I have small bumps on my skin. Also my chin is very red and the rest of my face is blotchy. Has anyone experience anything like this.
I had fractional co2 laser 8 weeks ago today and my face is still red. It also burns when ever I bend down. I hope it goes away soon Does anyone still having the burning felling after 8 weeks
I dont have the bumps on my face but after 8 weeks I still have the redness and the burning feeling
I am 2 months post CO2 fractional laser and still have the dot matrix pattern on face...mostly visible on brow. My acne is severe again too. Has anyone in this thread got any idea how long it will take the dot texture to go away?
I am 8 weeks and still have the redness and the burning