Upper Blepharoplasty

Hi everyone, I am getting nervous for tuesday...

Hi everyone, I am getting nervous for tuesday although i am sure it will be worth it. I am finally taking the plunge and getting rid of the tired angry look. I am 39 and don't look bad for age apart from the eyes which can be seen in the pics.

it has helped to see all the positive experiences on this website :-) so i thought i would do the same! I will keep you posted.
Good luck today! Thinking about you...with time change you must be all done! Post pics asap!
Hi there! I am three days post upper eye and am so far extremely happy. It's an easy procedure with little to no pain. Good luck and cannot wait to see your pics!
thank you, that is just what i need to hear right now as i am very nervous and wondering why i can't live with the eyes i have got! I just want it all to be over! operation is today at 12am so it will be over soon enough! I will post a pic and updates soon....

day 1! 2 hrs after surgery!

Hi there,

Well i got through it! Can't say it was a nice experience at all.....i am such a wimp!!

Had it done with a local, so no pain but very awake and aware of the whole prodeure, which i did not like one bit! Hated knowing, feeling, hearing the cutting and burning of my eye flesh! First side was worse but then i relaxed quite a bit.

I didn't want to look at myself but i did, and i didn't like it! Eyes felt very sore stigy and tight. I couldn't open them too much!

After 30 minutes i had already forgot how awful i thought the experience was....it really wasn't so bad, i am just a wimp!

Got home took picture and had a proper look in the mirror, this time i quite liked what i saw! My eyes look so blue....fresher already.

I have been icing every 20 mins!

Lets wait and see what tomorrow brings......i am expecting some really swollen black eyes!
Yay for you! All done! Yes you will be swollen for few days, but the change is already so amazing! Keep icing and congrats.

Day 2

Well had a poor night, not much fun trying to sleep sitting up when i normally lie on my side with head pushed into pillow!

Woke up very swollen as expected and slightly black eyes, don't know if they will get worse, but i don't think they look too bad considering.

I have iced only a few times to aid with swelling but i don't know if it has helped.

I am not at all sore but am suffering slightly blurred vision and tightness due to the strips covering the stitches. I can't open my eyes fully but they still look good.

I am feeling excited for the end results!
Good morning (afternoon!). How are you feeling on day three? Hope you're managing some rest! Take care, happy healing!
Just seen the price for yours.... Is that USD10000?? Jeepers!!
Hi there, looking at your pics, I think you're going to have a great result. Exciting!!! :o)

day 3

No pain no worries just very swollen today and the bruising not too bad really.

I have strips across my stitches which have to stay on until tuesday when i get the stitches removed. I have noticed many others on here have no such thing just bare naked sores. I do like the fact that they are protected, but it does feel a bit tight and i can't open my eyes fully.
How's it going?

Day 7

Its going great thanks! Progress every day! I can't open my eyes fully which i am hoping is due to the plaster strip running along the stitches......this is coming off tomorrow and the stitches out yesssssss:-)

I am a bit nervous about seeing the cut, hope it looks good, but i am sure it will heal fine anyway.

I have added a new pic, albeit abit freaky!
Thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased with my result. I cannot wait to see your pictures with your sutures out! What a relief to have them out! I still have some tingling on the suture line, but this is normal and should resolve in a few weeks! Good luck!
What a relief it will be to have the strips removed and the stitches out!

day 9

There has been a good progress every day but i am still very swollen especially each morning even though i am still trying to sleep with my head raised! I had the stitches out yesterday revealing the cut for the first time which has thrown up some concerns.

The lines are not the same on each eye! I don't know if that really matters? Also above the line/scar on the right lid, there is like a fold of skin? Will that disappear when all is back to normal? there is a fold at the lower inner corner of each eye which i think is due to the swelling!

I just think i look a bit strange at the moment :-/

A very interesting article!

Anyone who is having this procedure done should really read this.....it has answered some questions for me....

Fantastic article! Thank you SO much. Very, very informative and answered a lot of my questions : )

4 weeks

Phew, it's been a hard few weeks, very emotional! I didn't expect the recovery period to be so long, it has taken the best part of 4 weeks to look what i consider presentable!

I have been quite down in the dumps up until a couple of days ago :-/ There are issues with my eyes that have caused me so much worry, partly because i don't know if these things are normal......but after lots of reading on here i now realise much of it is!

1st problem. webbing at inner corners of eyes which has improved and should continue to improve!

2. couldn't look up....that is improving by the day but something i never expected!

3. problems with blurry vision, again not something i expected and for so long....it is almost back to normal now!

4. wonky incision line on right eye which is looking slighty less obvious, but i thought it looked ridiculous!

5. right eye won't crease at outer corner! Where the incision is stitched together, instead of the 2 edges just meeting, they overlap creating a double thickness of skin that will not crease at the moment :-(

6. i never expected this to be so emotional! I hated how i looked.....it was like someone cut out someone else's eyes and stuck em on me! They looked weird, plastic. What made it worse was the fact i went back to work after 3 weeks and i was still very swollen! I had not told a soul and still don't want to....no one else's business really....but it has made it more uncomfortable in a way! The only comments i have had were ' what is it with your eyes' then they both came right up to me for a good look, with a squinty confused look...cheeky gits!!! I felt paranoid!

Anyway thats the update and i am feeling better about the whole thing! The surgeon has said i need to wait and see how the right eye improves over the next month or 2, then we can look at revising it.

Hope everyone else is ok and doing well :-)
I had mine done a few weeks after you. I think you look great!! I understand your concerns with your right eye. It looks like it has some healing to do. My right eye is worse too. Thick raised scar at the outer corner and webbing at the inner corner. To be fair, I also had a cyst removed from the lid and poked myself HARD in that eye during my sleep on night two. Oops!! Blood everywhere. I'm watching your progress with great interest since you have two weeks lead on me. Also, my eyes itch at the inner corner really bad. I'm hoping it's just allergies. The scars are very red. Please keep us posted?? It's really helpful believe me!! You really look great!
Thank you :-) best of luck with your healing....your eyes look great too! Yes i agree it helps to read other peoples experiences, thanks for sharing yours and reading mine ;-)
How are you feeling about your eyes now? More positive?

6 weeks post op

Hi everyone!

There is slow but sure progress! I am excepting my eyes more now but still find myself finding problems...maybe i should except that they look better than before! I find myself looking at peoples eye lids all the time and comparing them to mine lol....nuts i know!

I can't look up fully and bright sunlight bothers me, but this has improved week by week so i imagine it will continue to do so.

My right eye will deffo need a revision, it does not crease from midway to outer corner!

Below each brow at outer corner there is like an indentation.....what do you guys think....am i scrutinizing too much??

my left eye or my good eye doesn't look great from the side. Looks like there is too much skin left at outer corner...but when i try to pinch it between my fingers there is not much skin? Maybe i am looking for perfection......which is not what i had b4 so why should i expect it now????

My eyes are not symmetrical, but that maybe because my right eye is not fully open/ creasing....i guess time will tell!

All i know is, i have forgotten how bad my eyes were b4, and when i see the picture i get a shock!

I can totally relate to the finding problems and making comparisons post-op.  For 6 weeks out I think you look great.  Are you still waiting to see what happens with the right eye webbing/crease issue or are you going forward with a revision?

I have been told i need to wait 2 to 3 months before i have a consultation, and if i need any correction, they will do it! I thought i had found a good surgeon, but when something goes wrong, i am worried about letting him touch my eyes again! Maybe it is just one of those things and could happen to any one! The webbing has improved lots, so i am not too worried about that at the mo. I am suprised how emotional this has been....funny because my husband just doesn't get it lol

Lots can happen in two to three months, so hopefully you are happy with everything down the road!  Girl, don't get me started on husbands, LOL!  They do not understand one bit.  And that is how I became addicted to RealSelf :)

Frants Grymer