Complete Face Lift - Delray Beach, FL

I always knew that when the time came I'd have a...

I always knew that when the time came I'd have a face lift. Well.....the time has come :) I'm almost 58 and always looked younger than my age but last year I noticed I was getting jowls and my lids were getting heavy. My first thought was Mexico, it's so much cheaper there but what if there were complications??? I started my search right here where I live in Palm Beach County. The 1st was a PS and he suggested a lower SMAS and upper bleph. The 2nd was a Facial PS and suggested a lower deep plane lift and a coronal brow lift. The 3rd was also a Facial PS with no bedside manner and said I needed a lower FL and upper bleph. I was so confused!!! I went to another Double Board Certified Facial PS and we went over all the options. I felt very comfortable with him and decided to have him do my surgery. I discussed all the options with my husband and we decided that I might as well do it all because I don't plan on ever doing this again. I must admit that I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being very vain but the last 2 years I've been saving my money to have this done. I'm going to have an upper and lower bleph, browlift, facelift, fat transfer, lipo, platysmaplasty a active FX laser.
Of course I'm nervous but I'm also excited. I'll post pic's soon.

Here's my "before photo"

day 5

Today's the 1st day my eyes felt good enough to go on the computer. As I had stated I had a face lift, neck lift, upper and lower eyes, coronal brow lift, fat transfers and an active FX laser done. I honestly didn't have any pain, only discomfort. I'm still really swollen and look like a burn victim, good thing I don't go back to work for 3 more weeks. I'm trying to download pic's from my cell to my laptop but for some reason it's not working.

home after surgery

day 2

day 3

day 5

although I have a long way to go I'm very confident in my surgeons skills, look at the stitches by my ears.

day 6

had stitches from eyes removed and half of the staples in head removed today. They also cleaned my face really well to remove all the dead skin from the FX laser, it all hurt, went home, took 2 pain killers and laid down.

day 7

I still don't look like me, praying every day that I'll wake up and see "me" again.

day 8 belly

Fat was grafted from my belly and injected in to my face. This is what it looks like and yes, it's tender.

Question.....

why do always say 2 weeks??? No way!!! That's not enough time.

day 10

my intention was to take a pic of my mouth area so you could see how raw my mouth area is from having the FX Laser passed over 2 x. After taking the pic I looked at my lips and thought I better take a profile pic of them. Geez....they're worse than duck lips....Newmeaug13 may I borrow your mustache please?????

Greasy face

because of the laser I have to keep my face slathered in Aquafor which is like Vasoline. Hate it, gets in my hair, have to wash it daily and still doesn't feel clean.

Yay....almost

Today for the first time I saw "me", it was just the right side of my face and didn't include the mouth area but it was me!!!! I figured I'd post a pic this evening. Took a shower, washed my hair, made hummus, cleaned up the mess, made pasta, cleaned up the mess.....bet you can guess what I'm going to say. My face swelled.... "me" wasn't there anymore. Oh well, tomorrow after getting my staples and stitches out I'll take a pic and post it if I look like "me".

Stitches out!!!

Had my stitches and staples removed this morning! Was afraid that removing the staples from my head would hurt so I took 1 pain pill before leaving the house. Out of the 30 something staples only 1 hurt. They gave me camouflage mineral make-up to cover the bright pink skin around the mouth area from the laser. So the doc says I'm at 50% healed right now and although I might want to start doing more I shouldn't. He said taking a walk is fine but that's about it. My husband asked him when my face is going to stop looking like a fat Chinese lady.....lol. The doc said my swelling, lip included is at 50%, so in other words I should look more like myself in a couple of weeks.

pic's of scars

here's what the scars look like after having the stitches removed. Sorry but I can't figure out how to take pic's behind the ears.

day 15

I'm starting to see "me" again. I actually recognized the person in the mirror today. I'm still a little swollen but nothing compared to the way I was. When I try to smile it looks weird, the area above my lip is swollen from the laser.....notice all the red still around the mouth area. All in all I'm happier today than I've been in a while.

day 26

Saw my ps today and would like to post the before and after pic's but can't figure out how. They emailed them to me as an attachment. If there's anyone who can tell me how I'd appreciate it.

day 26 post op

here are the before and after pic's my doctor took. I was wearing concealer to cover the redness around the mouth from the laser. I can't believe how old and wrinkled I looked!!!!

1st day back to work

I took a selfie to see if I concealed the red around my mouth.... feeling self conscience

just a thought

if you're going to get multiple procedures done at the same time don't think that 2 weeks is enough, depending on what you have done plan on at least 1 month but most likely two.
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi Joanne, how are things going? Haven't seen any updates from you lately. Do you still have any redness? Hope all is well. I'm still in New York. Leaving for home on Sunday, and then the 7 day countdown to my surgery.
Hi Wex, I was just thinking of you! Most of the redness is gone. My husband reminded me that my ps said it would take about 3 months.. I had forgotten. I have an appt with him next week and the. Will post more pics. Most of the swelling is gone and my eyes look open and youthful. So far I'm pleased with the results. I'll be thinking g of you. :)
How are you doing pretty woman?
I'm doing well, getting better 1 day at a time. How about you?
Great to hear. I was just checking on you because i haven't heard from you. Glad you're ok. I'm Fabulous :) thanks for asking. TGIF!!!
You're looking great! I think you're before photos are beautiful, I can imagine how amazing you will look as time progresses!! Congrats!
Thank you so much redwinefor2, that was a very nice compliment . I think once the swelling subsides I'll look better. I love your name... Lol
You look great for it being so recent! No, two weeks is not enough...I am lucky I work at home and it has been 5 weeks today for me....it is a long process, and because things pop up, go away, rebound, etc...it can be tricky. You look wonderful, however!!!! Your incisions healed nicely and quickly...I still have scabbing behind my ears, so it is slow for me. Take care and keep us posted!!!!
it really is a long process. kittarwen when did you have your surgery?
June 25, 2014. 35 days today. A long road...still some scabs, can't really be "seen" by friends, etc...lumpiness tends to come and go...discoloration dissipating but slowly as well. In the evening light, I look terrific, but, hey, who doesn't? I think my surgeon did a great job, I am just a slow healer, not a smoker!!!...just slow. I had a lower faceflift with a necklift. 50 years old.
kittarwen I had mine on June 7th so I'm 2 1/2 weeks ahead of you. It really takes a while before all the bruising and swelling dissipates and we all heal at different rates. It's taking me a while too but I've reached the point where I'll run errands without covering up the redness....I'm over it....lol
good going!!! I am getting better (about going out) but the bruising and discoloration were so bad as are the unsightly scabs..but today, a lot of the showing scabs fell off, so I actually can go out a little bit less self conscious. lol 5 weeks today, so I am a late healer.
I'm also 50 and looking forward to face and neck lift, who did you use and what was your experience, are you happy?
Hi Lauriejean, my doctor is Dr. Westine in Delray beach and yes, I'm very happy I chose him. I had multiple procedures done at the same time so the recovery time was longer than I had anticipated.
used Dr. John Lindsey in New Orleans...he is a very good surgeon and well respected. More conservative than others, from what I know, but in a good way. I am happy, the results to the neck are unbelievable. I did not expect so much swelling and bruising for so long, however, and that is just my healing I guess (not the surgeon's issue)...I felt very prepared but was not prepared for the isolation and the slow healing on my end. It can be very frustrating at times, and patience is key, but it seemed to go by slowly. I will be at the 6 week mark tomorrow, and am still a little bruised and definitely swollen along the jawline. I still have a few scabs behind my right ear, but they seem to be almost done with their thing. I probably would have gone crazy without these forums...they are a great moral support if anything. I know in two months I will not even question this decision. But it was had to not during my recovery. You can see the forest for the trees then you will be fine. The results are amazing, and it is delivers more than any cream, serum or topical/new treatments out there and bang for your buck. Message me anytime I will be happy to answer anything for you that I can help with. 50 is a great age to do it as well. That way, no one is "quite sure" but they can see how rested and good you look. The one thing I do not like (at this stage besides swolleness and discoloration) is that I have to wear makeup (foundation and concealer)...I am not a big makeup person because I have/had great skin. But, with the makeup I look superb. Get your consultations, ask questions, and keep us posted!!!!!!!!
You Look Great!!!! Awesome results....
thanks K.K.A.D.,you're looking really good too!!!
You look wonderful. Have you been to a makeup counter? I don't know much about makeup but it seems a lot of women on the different reviews swear by a certain concealer but I can't remember what it's called. Other then redness all ok? I still have burning and itching behind my ears.
I think you might be referring to Dermablend?
Thanks newmeaug, I went to a cosmetic shop with anon and bought what they used on me. They applied the foundation and consealer heavier than I do though. Everything else is okay, still have numbness , swelling and itching though. How long till it goes away?
Hey Joanne, Great thought on the multiples. With the four procedures I've had, two weeks is pushing it. I'm still black n blue and swollen. I got away with this at work cause my co-workers all knew I was getting a chin implant. Would have been hard to explain otherwise.
all the ps's say 2 weeks and it really takes longer. I'm 7 weeks out and still have swelling, not to mention numbness, itchiness and redness.
I am five weeks out and have "spongy" feel to skin. Also neck tight. But, overall, I am happy with my result - if I can get my dry eye irritation situation cleared up. I feel like my eyes look odd in pictures. Cant's quite explain how they are different but I know they feel irritated more so than they were.
mkwillie, my neck is tight too and I'm at 7 weeks out but I kind of like the tightness. My eyes are much dryer than they were before and they're rounder, different but good I guess.
Thanks for your thought,i agree. How is the redness around mouth? gone?