Complete Face Lift - Delray Beach, FL

I always knew that when the time came I'd have a...

I always knew that when the time came I'd have a face lift. Well.....the time has come :) I'm almost 58 and always looked younger than my age but last year I noticed I was getting jowls and my lids were getting heavy. My first thought was Mexico, it's so much cheaper there but what if there were complications??? I started my search right here where I live in Palm Beach County. The 1st was a PS and he suggested a lower SMAS and upper bleph. The 2nd was a Facial PS and suggested a lower deep plane lift and a coronal brow lift. The 3rd was also a Facial PS with no bedside manner and said I needed a lower FL and upper bleph. I was so confused!!! I went to another Double Board Certified Facial PS and we went over all the options. I felt very comfortable with him and decided to have him do my surgery. I discussed all the options with my husband and we decided that I might as well do it all because I don't plan on ever doing this again. I must admit that I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being very vain but the last 2 years I've been saving my money to have this done. I'm going to have an upper and lower bleph, browlift, facelift, fat transfer, lipo, platysmaplasty a active FX laser.
Of course I'm nervous but I'm also excited. I'll post pic's soon.
You look wonderful!!!! You wouldn't happen to know Wesley Burgess ?

Here's my "before photo"

How are you feeling? When you feel up to it, we'd love an update!
Hope you are feeling better by now. Looks like you should be 5 days out. Hope all went well. Let us hear from you.
Looking forward to seeing how you are feeling. Can't want to see how much younger you look and feel when this is over. Thinking of you.

day 5

Today's the 1st day my eyes felt good enough to go on the computer. As I had stated I had a face lift, neck lift, upper and lower eyes, coronal brow lift, fat transfers and an active FX laser done. I honestly didn't have any pain, only discomfort. I'm still really swollen and look like a burn victim, good thing I don't go back to work for 3 more weeks. I'm trying to download pic's from my cell to my laptop but for some reason it's not working.

home after surgery

day 2

day 3

day 5

although I have a long way to go I'm very confident in my surgeons skills, look at the stitches by my ears.
How are you doing today? Are you in a lot of pain.
OMG you looked great before, better than me and I'm 42! I REALLY need help lol!! I am so scared to do what you did, the photos look so painful, I had threading done by itself several years ago and it didn't do anything except make me bruised and very sick. So I hope yours comes out great! Good l
blah, it honestly looks much worse than it feels!!! Most of the swelling I have is due to the FX laser and the fat transfers.

day 6

had stitches from eyes removed and half of the staples in head removed today. They also cleaned my face really well to remove all the dead skin from the FX laser, it all hurt, went home, took 2 pain killers and laid down.
I definitely need to have my eyes done because the lids are now covering my eyelashes. So I've been thinking about having my neck and face done as well. My forehead is fine. Is the fat transfer and laser part of it? Can they do a lift without fat transfer and laser? That part scares me to death. I thought they just pulled everything up and back.
Hi Wex, you don't need to get the fat transfers and laser, I just opted to do them. Wishing you all the best :)
Thanks, Joanne. I live in Florida near you (Lake Worth). Can you tell me which doctors you ruled out and why ? It might save me some time in my search. You specified that one had a poor bedside manner. What about the others? There are so many in Palm Beach County. I'm 10 years older than you and recently widowed, so I have no one to talk things over with me and help make the decisions. Really don't know how I will manage during recovery, being alone.

day 7

I still don't look like me, praying every day that I'll wake up and see "me" again.
Geezz, only a few days out & you already look awesome!! This is the way a FL should go!!! Can't wait to see what you look like in a few more days!!! :)
thanks Kat!!! Here I am feeling sorry for myself cause I don't look like me yet......I guess I'm too impatient. :)
Yes I know that feeling - but it truly changes daily :-)

day 8 belly

Fat was grafted from my belly and injected in to my face. This is what it looks like and yes, it's tender.
Not meaning to be too nosy but any idea how much fat was taken from you belly? Do you anticipate it will reduce your belly size? My doc said with what I am doing, anyway, which is cheek implants, eyes and mouth it is only a couple of tablespoons. Don't know if that is enough to make a difference in belly size or not. He usually takes it from the butt. I am all for any reduction I can get in belly area though! LOL
you're not being nosy, we're all here to help and learn from each other. My PS gave me the option of taking fat from the hip or tummy, I said tummy because it would get rid of the little pooch I have. Sadly, there is no difference in the size of my tummy. A bit of good news though, the first few days after surgery I didn't have an appetite, could barely open my mouth and my jaw hurt so I lost a few lbs. I'm sure I'm gaining it back now though.
Mkwillie, I asked my ps the same thing? Take it from my knee please or under my arm. Nope, he took it from the butt ( a couple of tablespoons) without seeing the markings on my butt I would not have know he took it. No bruising, no indentions and still have a big round butt! Haha

Question.....

why do always say 2 weeks??? No way!!! That's not enough time.
I am doing the laser after 8 weeks... found out today... How are you feeling???
you're going to love the results of the laser!!! My daughter commented on how wonderful my skin looks, all lines, wrinkles and imperfections are gone. The only negatives are that you'll look like a burn victim for a couple of weeks and you'll swell....lips included. What laser is he going to use?
A light???! Not sure about - but know it's a light laser

day 10

my intention was to take a pic of my mouth area so you could see how raw my mouth area is from having the FX Laser passed over 2 x. After taking the pic I looked at my lips and thought I better take a profile pic of them. Geez....they're worse than duck lips....Newmeaug13 may I borrow your mustache please?????

Greasy face

because of the laser I have to keep my face slathered in Aquafor which is like Vasoline. Hate it, gets in my hair, have to wash it daily and still doesn't feel clean.
Amazing how well you are recovering with so much having been done :-) good luck with the stitches tomorrow, another hurdle over :-)
Jo your lazered area looks like it is healing well. I cringe when I look at your first pics. Funny, can have my face peeled off but couldn't burn it. I agree with torontochica, they are not duck lips lol. Nice flat tummy by the way :)
Kltaus, I cringe when I look at those pics too....funny thing is that I had no pain or itching at all. The only area still healing is the mouth because he did 2 passes of the laser there. My skin is starting to look really nice.

Yay....almost

Today for the first time I saw "me", it was just the right side of my face and didn't include the mouth area but it was me!!!! I figured I'd post a pic this evening. Took a shower, washed my hair, made hummus, cleaned up the mess, made pasta, cleaned up the mess.....bet you can guess what I'm going to say. My face swelled.... "me" wasn't there anymore. Oh well, tomorrow after getting my staples and stitches out I'll take a pic and post it if I look like "me".
Take it easy now. You are probably over doing it. I so understand. I never know who to expect when I look in the mirror and I had nothing done compared to you. You will feel so much better after your stitches come out. I can't wait to see your update!!

Stitches out!!!

Had my stitches and staples removed this morning! Was afraid that removing the staples from my head would hurt so I took 1 pain pill before leaving the house. Out of the 30 something staples only 1 hurt. They gave me camouflage mineral make-up to cover the bright pink skin around the mouth area from the laser. So the doc says I'm at 50% healed right now and although I might want to start doing more I shouldn't. He said taking a walk is fine but that's about it. My husband asked him when my face is going to stop looking like a fat Chinese lady.....lol. The doc said my swelling, lip included is at 50%, so in other words I should look more like myself in a couple of weeks.

pic's of scars

here's what the scars look like after having the stitches removed. Sorry but I can't figure out how to take pic's behind the ears.
Wow you can barely see where the stitches have been? You are certainly a great healer Joanne. - are you starting to see glimpses of you but just younger? Lol
You're looking good, Joanne!!
Thank you Wex, I'm still so swollen though...

day 15

I'm starting to see "me" again. I actually recognized the person in the mirror today. I'm still a little swollen but nothing compared to the way I was. When I try to smile it looks weird, the area above my lip is swollen from the laser.....notice all the red still around the mouth area. All in all I'm happier today than I've been in a while.
Your healing seems to be coming along nicely. And the redness is almost all gone....My surgeon wanted me to also do the fraxel laser when I had my facelift, but just before they admitted me I saw a women being wheeled out after a fraxel treatment to the face and I chickened out...Now I don't think I will ever get it done...Yours looks like it is healing nicely, but after doing some reading here that's not always the case... When it's done right it's great, yours looks really good.
How are things going ? That laser is brutal- yikes not looking forward to- yes how are your eyes???? You look beautiful-
Hi Joanne So sorry to hear about your doggie. They are so loved, and become part of the family. I'm sure he new he was loved. If it helps at all you look fantastic. Xx

day 26

Saw my ps today and would like to post the before and after pic's but can't figure out how. They emailed them to me as an attachment. If there's anyone who can tell me how I'd appreciate it.
Hi joanne, not having posted photos on RS, I'm probably not the best one to help, but I would think you could just save the attached photos (usually right-click/save) to the location where you keep all your photos (iPhoto if a mac), and upload to RS from there the same way you have the other pics you've shared here - either by drag and drop or selecting.
I tried that and it didn't work but in addition to emailing me the pic's they actually printed them all for me. I just took pic's of the pic's and will post :)
That works -- very resourceful!

day 26 post op

here are the before and after pic's my doctor took. I was wearing concealer to cover the redness around the mouth from the laser. I can't believe how old and wrinkled I looked!!!!
Hello, how are you feeling. You look great! I'm sure your excited that the procedure is over. Keep us updated.
Hi Ladybug, I'm feeling better every day and I'm so happy I did it!!! Will post my first day back at work selfies tomorrow :)
Joanne, how are you feeling? Is the swelling getting better? Hope all is well.

1st day back to work

I took a selfie to see if I concealed the red around my mouth.... feeling self conscience
You look so pretty Joanne! Love your eyes, skin and new shaped face. Really great outcome!
Anxious, thank you so much!!!!
Wow, and I thought MY surgeries thus far were demanding, haha! It's looking like your procedures have been a resounding success so far though, so please keep us updated! I'm especially interested, since I've so scarcely ever heard of face-lifts that look truly natural, undetectable, etc., but it looks like your doc has done the incredible... And it was absolutely a GREAT choice that you did NOT go to Mexico to get one of those notorious budget-grade hack-jobs, especially with something as delicate and specialized as a face-lift - the extra couple thousand dollars can be recovered in a year or three, but getting stuck with a mangled face or permanent nerve damage for the rest of your entire life would be a never-ending traumatic nightmare from which you'd never have awoken. You definitely made the right choice in choosing your doc, you're already looking so much better only a few weeks post-op, and we all look forward to seeing you heal and look beautiful! Congratulations and best wishes!

just a thought

if you're going to get multiple procedures done at the same time don't think that 2 weeks is enough, depending on what you have done plan on at least 1 month but most likely two.
Hi Joanne, how are things going? Haven't seen any updates from you lately. Do you still have any redness? Hope all is well. I'm still in New York. Leaving for home on Sunday, and then the 7 day countdown to my surgery.
Hi Wex, I was just thinking of you! Most of the redness is gone. My husband reminded me that my ps said it would take about 3 months.. I had forgotten. I have an appt with him next week and the. Will post more pics. Most of the swelling is gone and my eyes look open and youthful. So far I'm pleased with the results. I'll be thinking g of you. :)
How are you doing pretty woman?

Almost 12 weeks post op

Saw my ps today and he says that I'm doing great. He said the redness caused by the laser will be around for a few more months. i have to admit that I'm very pleased, my eyes look great, jowls are gone and neck is tight.
WOW THOSE ARE SOME CRAZY PICTURES..LOL..IT LOOKS LIKE IT HURT, BUT YOUR RESULTS ARE AWESOME IN THE LAST PIC YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE IN YOUR EARLY 30'S.. HIGH FIVE TO YOU..LOL..
Wow, great results. You look beautiful. So much younger and natural.
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

It would not be possible for me to say how thrilled I am to have had Dr.Westine as my surgeon. I cannot imagine a doctor with better bedside manner and who is so attentive, warm and caring. He has never made me feel rushed or hurried and answers all of my questions. When I decided to book the surgery he gave me his cell phone # and encouraged me to call if I had any questions or concerns. I felt I was in really good hands. A few weeks ago on a Sunday evening which happened to be Labor Day week-end, I had a question and texted him, he replied right away. The results of my surgery are dramatic and stunning. I could not be happier, I still look like me but... younger and much better. I have to add that Dr. Westine has a great staff working with him. They took care of everything, followed up with me, and made it all so easy for me...cannot thank them enough! You can take your chances with somone or you can go to the best. My philosophy is that you don't go bargain shopping when looking for a surgeon. Dr.Westine is not more expensive than other surgeons - he's just better. He's a perfectionist and this is key when looking for a surgeon - this is your face. You HAVE to get it right the first time! Thank you so much Dr. Westine