Complete Face Lift - Delray Beach, FL

I always knew that when the time came I'd have a...

I always knew that when the time came I'd have a face lift. Well.....the time has come :) I'm almost 58 and always looked younger than my age but last year I noticed I was getting jowls and my lids were getting heavy. My first thought was Mexico, it's so much cheaper there but what if there were complications??? I started my search right here where I live in Palm Beach County. The 1st was a PS and he suggested a lower SMAS and upper bleph. The 2nd was a Facial PS and suggested a lower deep plane lift and a coronal brow lift. The 3rd was also a Facial PS with no bedside manner and said I needed a lower FL and upper bleph. I was so confused!!! I went to another Double Board Certified Facial PS and we went over all the options. I felt very comfortable with him and decided to have him do my surgery. I discussed all the options with my husband and we decided that I might as well do it all because I don't plan on ever doing this again. I must admit that I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being very vain but the last 2 years I've been saving my money to have this done. I'm going to have an upper and lower bleph, browlift, facelift, fat transfer, lipo, platysmaplasty a active FX laser.
Of course I'm nervous but I'm also excited. I'll post pic's soon.

Here's my "before photo"

day 5

Today's the 1st day my eyes felt good enough to go on the computer. As I had stated I had a face lift, neck lift, upper and lower eyes, coronal brow lift, fat transfers and an active FX laser done. I honestly didn't have any pain, only discomfort. I'm still really swollen and look like a burn victim, good thing I don't go back to work for 3 more weeks. I'm trying to download pic's from my cell to my laptop but for some reason it's not working.

home after surgery

day 2

day 3

day 5

although I have a long way to go I'm very confident in my surgeons skills, look at the stitches by my ears.

day 6

had stitches from eyes removed and half of the staples in head removed today. They also cleaned my face really well to remove all the dead skin from the FX laser, it all hurt, went home, took 2 pain killers and laid down.

day 7

I still don't look like me, praying every day that I'll wake up and see "me" again.

day 8 belly

Fat was grafted from my belly and injected in to my face. This is what it looks like and yes, it's tender.

Question.....

why do always say 2 weeks??? No way!!! That's not enough time.

day 10

my intention was to take a pic of my mouth area so you could see how raw my mouth area is from having the FX Laser passed over 2 x. After taking the pic I looked at my lips and thought I better take a profile pic of them. Geez....they're worse than duck lips....Newmeaug13 may I borrow your mustache please?????

Greasy face

because of the laser I have to keep my face slathered in Aquafor which is like Vasoline. Hate it, gets in my hair, have to wash it daily and still doesn't feel clean.

Yay....almost

Today for the first time I saw "me", it was just the right side of my face and didn't include the mouth area but it was me!!!! I figured I'd post a pic this evening. Took a shower, washed my hair, made hummus, cleaned up the mess, made pasta, cleaned up the mess.....bet you can guess what I'm going to say. My face swelled.... "me" wasn't there anymore. Oh well, tomorrow after getting my staples and stitches out I'll take a pic and post it if I look like "me".

Stitches out!!!

Had my stitches and staples removed this morning! Was afraid that removing the staples from my head would hurt so I took 1 pain pill before leaving the house. Out of the 30 something staples only 1 hurt. They gave me camouflage mineral make-up to cover the bright pink skin around the mouth area from the laser. So the doc says I'm at 50% healed right now and although I might want to start doing more I shouldn't. He said taking a walk is fine but that's about it. My husband asked him when my face is going to stop looking like a fat Chinese lady.....lol. The doc said my swelling, lip included is at 50%, so in other words I should look more like myself in a couple of weeks.

pic's of scars

here's what the scars look like after having the stitches removed. Sorry but I can't figure out how to take pic's behind the ears.

day 15

I'm starting to see "me" again. I actually recognized the person in the mirror today. I'm still a little swollen but nothing compared to the way I was. When I try to smile it looks weird, the area above my lip is swollen from the laser.....notice all the red still around the mouth area. All in all I'm happier today than I've been in a while.

day 26

Saw my ps today and would like to post the before and after pic's but can't figure out how. They emailed them to me as an attachment. If there's anyone who can tell me how I'd appreciate it.

day 26 post op

here are the before and after pic's my doctor took. I was wearing concealer to cover the redness around the mouth from the laser. I can't believe how old and wrinkled I looked!!!!

1st day back to work

I took a selfie to see if I concealed the red around my mouth.... feeling self conscience
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wow, and I thought MY surgeries thus far were demanding, haha! It's looking like your procedures have been a resounding success so far though, so please keep us updated! I'm especially interested, since I've so scarcely ever heard of face-lifts that look truly natural, undetectable, etc., but it looks like your doc has done the incredible... And it was absolutely a GREAT choice that you did NOT go to Mexico to get one of those notorious budget-grade hack-jobs, especially with something as delicate and specialized as a face-lift - the extra couple thousand dollars can be recovered in a year or three, but getting stuck with a mangled face or permanent nerve damage for the rest of your entire life would be a never-ending traumatic nightmare from which you'd never have awoken. You definitely made the right choice in choosing your doc, you're already looking so much better only a few weeks post-op, and we all look forward to seeing you heal and look beautiful! Congratulations and best wishes!
I agree with you, still a little red and swollen. BUT you look fantastic and your eyes are beautiful. when the redness subsides you will be so happy and you should be! Just gorgeous!
Thanks so much, sch53. According to my doctor the redness may take a couple more months to totally fade, I'm just impatient. Honestly I'm happy right now, when I look at my "before" pic's I shutter....lol :)
I love the way your eyes look!
THEY ATUALLY they actually look different but better :)
wish I could delete
They look beautiful!
You look wonderful! I don't see any red around your mouth! How are you feeling?
The redness doesn't show too much in the pic but it's there. Aside from the tightness and swelling in the red area, I feel great.... thanks for asking :)
Wow! The swelling looks like it's all gone. You look fabulous. Have you tried going to the MAC counter (or Sephora) and let them try to tackle the concealer problem? From what I understand, they do a lot of this. If you like it, you buy it. If not, you can walk away. From the photo it looks ever-so-slightly red. Very pretty at one month!
First day back is the worst, sounds like you handled it extremely well. Looking very gorgeous there.
I think you look gorgeous, how'd you do with the concealer?
Thanks Anon, I really like both the concealer and the foundation but I apply it with a light hand. A lot of my co-workers and steady customers commented on how good I looked so it was actually good that the red shows because I told them that I had laser and then pointed to the red area and said " 2 passes with the laser here"..... lol
Good for you, keep trying with the concealer/makeup. You'll get the hang of it :-)
Hey Beautiful, In the pic i do not notice any red. No reason to be self conscience!!! Chin up and own it :) you look good.
Hello, how are you feeling. You look great! I'm sure your excited that the procedure is over. Keep us updated.
Hi Ladybug, I'm feeling better every day and I'm so happy I did it!!! Will post my first day back at work selfies tomorrow :)
Joanne, how are you feeling? Is the swelling getting better? Hope all is well.
Hi Wex, yes the swelling is much better than it was. What's bothering me the most is the red skin around my mouth from the laser. Dr. said it's going to take another month or two. Wish I had known that beforehand. How have you been?
I've been busy getting my house in order . I'm going up to New York for 2 weeks, and I'll get home one week before the surgery. I don't want to leave too many things for last minute. I prepare as if I won't be coming home from the surgery - I don't want to leave any loose ends for my kids to have to deal with, just in case. I know it's silly, but that's the way I am. Next Tuesday I have an appointment with my GP to get clearance for the surgery. I don't anticipate any problems with that - my blood work was excellent in March. So it should be all systems go for August 25. I'm sorry, but I knew you were going to have a problem with the laser - he should have told you. They actually remove the top layers of skin, so you are like a burn victim. The skin grows back very slowly, but it will be brand new and beautiful, like a baby's bottom. The end result will be fantastic, you just have to give it time. Remember, you said he did two passes with the laser, so you lost a lot of skin. I'm too chicken for that. If I ever do a lower FL, I don't intend to include a laser. You'll be beautiful when it's over. I can't wait to see your photos.
Before I went in for surgery I made sure my house was spotless but that's about all I did aside from buying anything and everything I thought I needed for post op. When the doctor mentioned laser he said that there would be some down time, I told him I was taking 6 weeks off from work because I was having surgery done on my toe. He said that was plenty of time. They gave me mineral powder to cover the red but it makes me look sallow and strange. I go back to work this Monday I'm just going to have to tell everyone I had laser done. I'm not telling everyone all the other procedures I had done. A few of my co-workers know and I hope to keep it that way. Please don't worry about the upper and lower bleph, you'll have some swelling and maybe some bruising but that's it. You'll be so pleased with the results!!!
Your Dr. probably didn't anticipate doing two passes with the laser. If he had done only one, it would have been healed by now. If you can use concealer over it, go into Sephora (at JC Penney in the Boynton Mall or Town Center). They have special concealers in colors to cover bruises. I think they use lavender to neutralize yellow bruises, and something else to cover bluish bruises. I'm sure they'll have something to help you. I'm not really worried about my surgery (yet). I'm sure I'll get anxious as it gets closer. But I am realistic. My Aunt went for this surgery about 40 years ago. There was some complication and she died on the table. She was much older than I am now, and of course medicine wasn't as advanced as it is now. But it's still in the back of my mind. I'm sure it will all go well. I'm in good hands with Dr. Rubin. And you'll be fine, too. Your co-workers won't know about the FL. They'll think it's all due to the laser!
How are you doing? I am 26 days post-op today,i'm right behind you in the healing phase. I'm tired of waiting. The swelling,numbness and stinging sensation when i jog. UGH!
Hi Bella, I still have swelling, numbness and slight stinging too and I don't jog.....lol
I have numbness but i feel the sting and burn more when i jog. I got my @ss up last night & jogged 2 miles.