Complete Face Lift - Delray Beach, FL

I always knew that when the time came I'd have a...

I always knew that when the time came I'd have a face lift. Well.....the time has come :) I'm almost 58 and always looked younger than my age but last year I noticed I was getting jowls and my lids were getting heavy. My first thought was Mexico, it's so much cheaper there but what if there were complications??? I started my search right here where I live in Palm Beach County. The 1st was a PS and he suggested a lower SMAS and upper bleph. The 2nd was a Facial PS and suggested a lower deep plane lift and a coronal brow lift. The 3rd was also a Facial PS with no bedside manner and said I needed a lower FL and upper bleph. I was so confused!!! I went to another Double Board Certified Facial PS and we went over all the options. I felt very comfortable with him and decided to have him do my surgery. I discussed all the options with my husband and we decided that I might as well do it all because I don't plan on ever doing this again. I must admit that I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being very vain but the last 2 years I've been saving my money to have this done. I'm going to have an upper and lower bleph, browlift, facelift, fat transfer, lipo, platysmaplasty a active FX laser.
Of course I'm nervous but I'm also excited. I'll post pic's soon.

Here's my "before photo"

day 5

Today's the 1st day my eyes felt good enough to go on the computer. As I had stated I had a face lift, neck lift, upper and lower eyes, coronal brow lift, fat transfers and an active FX laser done. I honestly didn't have any pain, only discomfort. I'm still really swollen and look like a burn victim, good thing I don't go back to work for 3 more weeks. I'm trying to download pic's from my cell to my laptop but for some reason it's not working.

home after surgery

day 2

day 3

day 5

although I have a long way to go I'm very confident in my surgeons skills, look at the stitches by my ears.

day 6

had stitches from eyes removed and half of the staples in head removed today. They also cleaned my face really well to remove all the dead skin from the FX laser, it all hurt, went home, took 2 pain killers and laid down.

day 7

I still don't look like me, praying every day that I'll wake up and see "me" again.

day 8 belly

Fat was grafted from my belly and injected in to my face. This is what it looks like and yes, it's tender.

Question.....

why do always say 2 weeks??? No way!!! That's not enough time.

day 10

my intention was to take a pic of my mouth area so you could see how raw my mouth area is from having the FX Laser passed over 2 x. After taking the pic I looked at my lips and thought I better take a profile pic of them. Geez....they're worse than duck lips....Newmeaug13 may I borrow your mustache please?????

Greasy face

because of the laser I have to keep my face slathered in Aquafor which is like Vasoline. Hate it, gets in my hair, have to wash it daily and still doesn't feel clean.

Yay....almost

Today for the first time I saw "me", it was just the right side of my face and didn't include the mouth area but it was me!!!! I figured I'd post a pic this evening. Took a shower, washed my hair, made hummus, cleaned up the mess, made pasta, cleaned up the mess.....bet you can guess what I'm going to say. My face swelled.... "me" wasn't there anymore. Oh well, tomorrow after getting my staples and stitches out I'll take a pic and post it if I look like "me".

Stitches out!!!

Had my stitches and staples removed this morning! Was afraid that removing the staples from my head would hurt so I took 1 pain pill before leaving the house. Out of the 30 something staples only 1 hurt. They gave me camouflage mineral make-up to cover the bright pink skin around the mouth area from the laser. So the doc says I'm at 50% healed right now and although I might want to start doing more I shouldn't. He said taking a walk is fine but that's about it. My husband asked him when my face is going to stop looking like a fat Chinese lady.....lol. The doc said my swelling, lip included is at 50%, so in other words I should look more like myself in a couple of weeks.

pic's of scars

here's what the scars look like after having the stitches removed. Sorry but I can't figure out how to take pic's behind the ears.

day 15

I'm starting to see "me" again. I actually recognized the person in the mirror today. I'm still a little swollen but nothing compared to the way I was. When I try to smile it looks weird, the area above my lip is swollen from the laser.....notice all the red still around the mouth area. All in all I'm happier today than I've been in a while.

day 26

Saw my ps today and would like to post the before and after pic's but can't figure out how. They emailed them to me as an attachment. If there's anyone who can tell me how I'd appreciate it.

day 26 post op

here are the before and after pic's my doctor took. I was wearing concealer to cover the redness around the mouth from the laser. I can't believe how old and wrinkled I looked!!!!
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello, how are you feeling. You look great! I'm sure your excited that the procedure is over. Keep us updated.
Joanne, how are you feeling? Is the swelling getting better? Hope all is well.
Hi Wex, yes the swelling is much better than it was. What's bothering me the most is the red skin around my mouth from the laser. Dr. said it's going to take another month or two. Wish I had known that beforehand. How have you been?
I've been busy getting my house in order . I'm going up to New York for 2 weeks, and I'll get home one week before the surgery. I don't want to leave too many things for last minute. I prepare as if I won't be coming home from the surgery - I don't want to leave any loose ends for my kids to have to deal with, just in case. I know it's silly, but that's the way I am. Next Tuesday I have an appointment with my GP to get clearance for the surgery. I don't anticipate any problems with that - my blood work was excellent in March. So it should be all systems go for August 25. I'm sorry, but I knew you were going to have a problem with the laser - he should have told you. They actually remove the top layers of skin, so you are like a burn victim. The skin grows back very slowly, but it will be brand new and beautiful, like a baby's bottom. The end result will be fantastic, you just have to give it time. Remember, you said he did two passes with the laser, so you lost a lot of skin. I'm too chicken for that. If I ever do a lower FL, I don't intend to include a laser. You'll be beautiful when it's over. I can't wait to see your photos.
Before I went in for surgery I made sure my house was spotless but that's about all I did aside from buying anything and everything I thought I needed for post op. When the doctor mentioned laser he said that there would be some down time, I told him I was taking 6 weeks off from work because I was having surgery done on my toe. He said that was plenty of time. They gave me mineral powder to cover the red but it makes me look sallow and strange. I go back to work this Monday I'm just going to have to tell everyone I had laser done. I'm not telling everyone all the other procedures I had done. A few of my co-workers know and I hope to keep it that way. Please don't worry about the upper and lower bleph, you'll have some swelling and maybe some bruising but that's it. You'll be so pleased with the results!!!
Your Dr. probably didn't anticipate doing two passes with the laser. If he had done only one, it would have been healed by now. If you can use concealer over it, go into Sephora (at JC Penney in the Boynton Mall or Town Center). They have special concealers in colors to cover bruises. I think they use lavender to neutralize yellow bruises, and something else to cover bluish bruises. I'm sure they'll have something to help you. I'm not really worried about my surgery (yet). I'm sure I'll get anxious as it gets closer. But I am realistic. My Aunt went for this surgery about 40 years ago. There was some complication and she died on the table. She was much older than I am now, and of course medicine wasn't as advanced as it is now. But it's still in the back of my mind. I'm sure it will all go well. I'm in good hands with Dr. Rubin. And you'll be fine, too. Your co-workers won't know about the FL. They'll think it's all due to the laser!
How are you doing? I am 26 days post-op today,i'm right behind you in the healing phase. I'm tired of waiting. The swelling,numbness and stinging sensation when i jog. UGH!
Hi Bella, I still have swelling, numbness and slight stinging too and I don't jog.....lol
I have numbness but i feel the sting and burn more when i jog. I got my @ss up last night & jogged 2 miles.
good for you!!! Six weeks ago I had foot surgery and 9 days afterwards I had my fl, I have no energy at all. I need to force myself and get moving but the foot is still recovering. It's the excuse I'm using anyway.....lol
I can relate i had toe surgery may 22nd then my arms done june 18th almost 4 weeks after I always have an excuse NOT to jog,lol. Hope it gets better for you. Take care
How is Everything?
All is good,pretty bred of waiting. I been running 2 miles every other day. It has been so HOT here. 90's and humid. Weird weather for california. How are you?
Hi Bella, I'm doing well but worried about the redness around my mouth and on other parts of my face from the laser.....Monday I go back to work....don't think I'll be able to cover it up. I'm in south Florida, it's always hot and humid.
HI, It's been like Miami here, hot 90's,humid and gloomy but windy. Earth quake weather for sure. Not typical California weather. How about iced towels on face at night and it should help with redness or concealer the green pigment helps with red . I think neutrogena or maybelline. How about a gel face like those spa eye pack they put on your face,it is like the ones you sleep with but filled with gel and used for bags under eyes but i use it for migraines. lol I will send you a pic DO NO LAUGH,I LOOK CRAZY
Joanneinflorida i am posting a pic just for you! this will definitely give you a brain freeze but trust me it works with redness,swelling,headaches and puffy eyes. Look at new uploaded funny pic. LMFAO!
did you see my pic? Now i can't delete it! lol
Bella or should I say Cat Woman I just saw it.....I have to say that you look beautiful even with the gel mask. I'll try it, can't hurt. I'm going out tomorrow in search of a good concealer that covers the red without looking cakey. Will let you know if the gel helps :)
Thanks. I am deleting it. I put that pic up for you,trudeyv,anon and akkd,etc.
Thanks Bella, How can you delete pic's?
i just did. I edited pic and removed it. EASY
Wow that's good to know.....Thanks!!!
;)
Take care of yourself - can't believe considering what you had done - how well you have travelled thus far. No complications - just amazing really :-)
BTW:YOU DIDN'T LOOK OLD AND WRINKLY BEFORE! I am 43 and you look Damn good for your age,i didn't even think 58! HELL NO! Your new face is natural and tighter but looks good Hope you're loving it.