Complete Face Lift - Delray Beach, FL

I always knew that when the time came I'd have a...

I always knew that when the time came I'd have a face lift. Well.....the time has come :) I'm almost 58 and always looked younger than my age but last year I noticed I was getting jowls and my lids were getting heavy. My first thought was Mexico, it's so much cheaper there but what if there were complications??? I started my search right here where I live in Palm Beach County. The 1st was a PS and he suggested a lower SMAS and upper bleph. The 2nd was a Facial PS and suggested a lower deep plane lift and a coronal brow lift. The 3rd was also a Facial PS with no bedside manner and said I needed a lower FL and upper bleph. I was so confused!!! I went to another Double Board Certified Facial PS and we went over all the options. I felt very comfortable with him and decided to have him do my surgery. I discussed all the options with my husband and we decided that I might as well do it all because I don't plan on ever doing this again. I must admit that I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being very vain but the last 2 years I've been saving my money to have this done. I'm going to have an upper and lower bleph, browlift, facelift, fat transfer, lipo, platysmaplasty a active FX laser.
Of course I'm nervous but I'm also excited. I'll post pic's soon.

Here's my "before photo"

day 5

Today's the 1st day my eyes felt good enough to go on the computer. As I had stated I had a face lift, neck lift, upper and lower eyes, coronal brow lift, fat transfers and an active FX laser done. I honestly didn't have any pain, only discomfort. I'm still really swollen and look like a burn victim, good thing I don't go back to work for 3 more weeks. I'm trying to download pic's from my cell to my laptop but for some reason it's not working.

home after surgery

day 2

day 3

day 5

although I have a long way to go I'm very confident in my surgeons skills, look at the stitches by my ears.

day 6

had stitches from eyes removed and half of the staples in head removed today. They also cleaned my face really well to remove all the dead skin from the FX laser, it all hurt, went home, took 2 pain killers and laid down.

day 7

I still don't look like me, praying every day that I'll wake up and see "me" again.

day 8 belly

Fat was grafted from my belly and injected in to my face. This is what it looks like and yes, it's tender.

Question.....

why do always say 2 weeks??? No way!!! That's not enough time.

day 10

my intention was to take a pic of my mouth area so you could see how raw my mouth area is from having the FX Laser passed over 2 x. After taking the pic I looked at my lips and thought I better take a profile pic of them. Geez....they're worse than duck lips....Newmeaug13 may I borrow your mustache please?????

Greasy face

because of the laser I have to keep my face slathered in Aquafor which is like Vasoline. Hate it, gets in my hair, have to wash it daily and still doesn't feel clean.

Yay....almost

Today for the first time I saw "me", it was just the right side of my face and didn't include the mouth area but it was me!!!! I figured I'd post a pic this evening. Took a shower, washed my hair, made hummus, cleaned up the mess, made pasta, cleaned up the mess.....bet you can guess what I'm going to say. My face swelled.... "me" wasn't there anymore. Oh well, tomorrow after getting my staples and stitches out I'll take a pic and post it if I look like "me".

Stitches out!!!

Had my stitches and staples removed this morning! Was afraid that removing the staples from my head would hurt so I took 1 pain pill before leaving the house. Out of the 30 something staples only 1 hurt. They gave me camouflage mineral make-up to cover the bright pink skin around the mouth area from the laser. So the doc says I'm at 50% healed right now and although I might want to start doing more I shouldn't. He said taking a walk is fine but that's about it. My husband asked him when my face is going to stop looking like a fat Chinese lady.....lol. The doc said my swelling, lip included is at 50%, so in other words I should look more like myself in a couple of weeks.

pic's of scars

here's what the scars look like after having the stitches removed. Sorry but I can't figure out how to take pic's behind the ears.

day 15

I'm starting to see "me" again. I actually recognized the person in the mirror today. I'm still a little swollen but nothing compared to the way I was. When I try to smile it looks weird, the area above my lip is swollen from the laser.....notice all the red still around the mouth area. All in all I'm happier today than I've been in a while.

day 26

Saw my ps today and would like to post the before and after pic's but can't figure out how. They emailed them to me as an attachment. If there's anyone who can tell me how I'd appreciate it.

day 26 post op

here are the before and after pic's my doctor took. I was wearing concealer to cover the redness around the mouth from the laser. I can't believe how old and wrinkled I looked!!!!

1st day back to work

I took a selfie to see if I concealed the red around my mouth.... feeling self conscience

just a thought

if you're going to get multiple procedures done at the same time don't think that 2 weeks is enough, depending on what you have done plan on at least 1 month but most likely two.
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

You look great for it being so recent! No, two weeks is not enough...I am lucky I work at home and it has been 5 weeks today for me....it is a long process, and because things pop up, go away, rebound, etc...it can be tricky. You look wonderful, however!!!! Your incisions healed nicely and quickly...I still have scabbing behind my ears, so it is slow for me. Take care and keep us posted!!!!
You Look Great!!!! Awesome results....
thanks K.K.A.D.,you're looking really good too!!!
You look wonderful. Have you been to a makeup counter? I don't know much about makeup but it seems a lot of women on the different reviews swear by a certain concealer but I can't remember what it's called. Other then redness all ok? I still have burning and itching behind my ears.
I think you might be referring to Dermablend?
Thanks newmeaug, I went to a cosmetic shop with anon and bought what they used on me. They applied the foundation and consealer heavier than I do though. Everything else is okay, still have numbness , swelling and itching though. How long till it goes away?
Hey Joanne, Great thought on the multiples. With the four procedures I've had, two weeks is pushing it. I'm still black n blue and swollen. I got away with this at work cause my co-workers all knew I was getting a chin implant. Would have been hard to explain otherwise.
all the ps's say 2 weeks and it really takes longer. I'm 7 weeks out and still have swelling, not to mention numbness, itchiness and redness.
I am five weeks out and have "spongy" feel to skin. Also neck tight. But, overall, I am happy with my result - if I can get my dry eye irritation situation cleared up. I feel like my eyes look odd in pictures. Cant's quite explain how they are different but I know they feel irritated more so than they were.
mkwillie, my neck is tight too and I'm at 7 weeks out but I kind of like the tightness. My eyes are much dryer than they were before and they're rounder, different but good I guess.
Thanks for your thought,i agree. How is the redness around mouth? gone?
Hi Bella, the freakin redness is still there but thanks for asking....lol. How are you doing?
Oh My RS sister I got a freakin' visitor last night,flo!!! She came early to mess up my Cancun trip this friday! I also woke up sick to day. I feel horrible. I hate having that monthly mess. It sux to be me right now.
oh noooo!!!! I'm so glad she doesn't "visit" me anymore...even though she's the reason I needed a fl. I really hope you have a wonderful time in Cancun and I'd love to see pic's!
Thanks Joanne If i go i will take a lot of pics :) Enjoy your evening.
you too :)
I'm gonna take some nyquil and get some zzzzzzzz's
sounds good.... xoxo
OXXO ;)
You look so pretty Joanne! Love your eyes, skin and new shaped face. Really great outcome!
Anxious, thank you so much!!!!
Wow, and I thought MY surgeries thus far were demanding, haha! It's looking like your procedures have been a resounding success so far though, so please keep us updated! I'm especially interested, since I've so scarcely ever heard of face-lifts that look truly natural, undetectable, etc., but it looks like your doc has done the incredible... And it was absolutely a GREAT choice that you did NOT go to Mexico to get one of those notorious budget-grade hack-jobs, especially with something as delicate and specialized as a face-lift - the extra couple thousand dollars can be recovered in a year or three, but getting stuck with a mangled face or permanent nerve damage for the rest of your entire life would be a never-ending traumatic nightmare from which you'd never have awoken. You definitely made the right choice in choosing your doc, you're already looking so much better only a few weeks post-op, and we all look forward to seeing you heal and look beautiful! Congratulations and best wishes!
OtherSyde, thank you for the kind words. I will post more pics at 8 weeks out. I agree with what you said about Mexico, figured I better go to the best doctor I can...only have 1 face. :)
I agree with you, still a little red and swollen. BUT you look fantastic and your eyes are beautiful. when the redness subsides you will be so happy and you should be! Just gorgeous!
Thanks so much, sch53. According to my doctor the redness may take a couple more months to totally fade, I'm just impatient. Honestly I'm happy right now, when I look at my "before" pic's I shutter....lol :)