procedure was a piece of cake with only a few slightly painful areas - Del Mar

I had my procedure on April 6, 2012. I am turning...

I had my procedure on April 6, 2012. I am turning 59 in May and when I was young always planned to have a facelift when I got to the point where I needed one - which is definitely NOW (really several years ago). I will admit that with the right makeup and a scarf or turtleneck, I look much younger. With all the new non-invasive treatments and regional mini-lifts I re-researched the current crop of procedures and decided to go with Ultherapy, and because I'm impatient - have Botox on my forehead which did not have major creases but certainly many lines and crowsfeet area (where I only have fine lines) and Juverderm Plus for marionette lines in the naso-labial fold and sides of my lips where I had distinct downward lines.

I had an upper and lower blepharoplasty in 1994 which was great but I need a brow lift, which I'm hoping this will accomplish. As instructed got there an hour before procedure to receive painkillers - see my remarks under doctor comments. They let my husband watch - he thought he'd only stay for a few minutes but he stayed the whole time, really interested. My husband had been freaked about me doing this so I wanted him to see that it wasn't Star War lasers.

As others have stated, the area above the brow line is somewhat painful, but each "zap" is so fast it's not bad -- someone said it was like a dentist drill hitting a nerve (which freaked me out when I read it) but it was not at all like that. I think a couple of area near the lower jawbone were slightly painful but the rest was just a sensation with no pain (thanks to the Percocet). I can't remember the exact number but the doctor did over 500 zaps, so that gives you an idea of how fast they are.

When the Ultherapy was over, they elevated the padded chair from flat to sitting upright for the Botox and Juvederm. I only even felt one of the Juvederm injections slightly - if I didn't know what was being done I would only think someone might be press against my face a little! Maybe if you are just having the injectables you don't have all the painkillers because it's so fast. When he handed me the mirror I was so happy to see no more marionette lines! My face was not red and my skin texture looked better. I knew that I must be or would get a little swollen which would make everything seem smoother initially so I guess it will take a few more days or so before I can see the real filler results and Botox takes a couple of weeks but this is Day 3 and my forehead looks smoother - again don't know if there is still swelling. My face doesn't feel swollen and I've been putting arnica gel on it a couple of times a day just to err on the side of caution. We went to lunch right afterwards - no one would be able to tell I'd had anything done. I can tell you I am SO SOLD on the filler concept.

I'll report back at two weeks with photos and continue to update. I will also include pre and post photos with makeup on as well as no makeup. PS - I also decided to try Latisse, since although my original hair color was very dark brown, I have short and they are essentially invisible when viewed from the front.

Dr. P. Alexander Ataii

Did not check after-care yet since I haven't had it yet - schedules for a couple of weeks from now. Dr. Ataii is incredibly friendly and professional. He let my husband watch the whole procedure, which he could see on the ultrasound monitor. I had told them I had my own Vicodin to bring in (they normally give you Valium, Percocet and Advil plus a numbing cream. They really encouraged me to take the Percocet so I did and I can say that was the right suggestion as it is stronger than Vicodin and I think I would have experienced moderate pain at certain points if I had only been on Vicodin (which I use for chronic neck issues and had been leary of "mixing" the two since I take it daily.