Talked into Radiesse and Now Look I Like a Monster - Taylor Mi

I have been going to the same clinic to get Botox...

I have been going to the same clinic to get Botox for years. This time the lady said wow the hollows under your eyes would look beautiful with some Radiesse. She we will ask Dr when he in. We did and he agreed. So I signed that Dr's save my ass paperwork and they proceeded. At first i looked amazing but what would follow in the next few weeks have been miserable I look like a monster. I started getting a giant red bumps under my eyes. At first I thought it was just and after effect and it would go away. It just kept getting worse and worse. I finally called the clinic and they had me come in the Dr pressed so hard on the lumps i thought he was going to crack my eye sockets. Then they suggested starting IPL treatments i said oh no I have no money left they said oh no charge. I have been going thru this IPL for weeks now with no cure in site. I fact, I look worse because now I have giant blisters along with the giant lumps. The Botox that I went in for is already wearing off and I never even got to enjoy it. I do this IPL twice a week and see no end in sight. I have no money left. I have custody of my two grandkids and all I wanted was to look fresh when i went out with them now i can't even leave the house without giant sunglasses. I have no choice but to trust the dr that did this to me in the first place. Hopefully someday this will end! Has anyone else had this or found something that works???
Oh dear, I'm so sorry this happened to you! I hope you start to see improvement and comfort soon!
I really know what you are going through I went through the same procedure. I know it will get better but will take weeks so I did my best to put on may up and buy some ordinary thick rim reading glasses.
Omg. That's just what my eye looks like. Same Doctor told me also to push on the lumps and you could hear the cracking It is a nightmare. I had radiesse in August and look worse now than before I went in for my injection. I also. Wanted to get rid of my dark circles and look fresh but now every day I'm so sad.

Day 63 after Radiesse

This photo is day 63 after Radiesse injection
I am an RN and had a terrible reaction to Radiesse which put me in the ER several times. No one seemed to have any idea what was happening. All the areas where I received it were just like your eyes but mine caused whole body deep tissue swelling as well. The allergist said it was not an allergy but an immune reaction. This happened again every month for almost a year but each episode was less severe as time went on. Unfortunately it also caused internal organs to swell so I had projectile vomiting, a huge belly and a lot of connective tissue swelling. My lungs also had large areas of swelling and the radiologist thought I had lung cancer. I saw 23 doctors over almost 2 years before I finally went to Cleveland Clinic to their undiagnosed disease department. Although they couldn't be definite they also felt it was due to a reaction to the Radiesse. I am not an allergic person in general. It's almost 3 years now since my injections and I still have some pain and minor swelling. I still am taking a chemotherapeutic drug and occasionally steroids for the swelling. There have been many more issues associated with this that are slowly subsiding, I hope. I have spoken to 2 attorneys and they think my case has merit but they can't afford to fight the big pharmaceutical companies. The best we can do is to report all reactions to the Food and Drug Administration using form Medwatch 3500A. It only takes a few minutes to fill out and if enough people do it perhaps the FDA will take another look at the product. I believe the Radiesse company does not suggest it for the tear troughs. Good luck to you.
OMG I've been having breathing issues in the last month. I have a hard time catching my breath when I'm talking to my kids i would gave Hebert associated it with the Radiesse! Where can i file the Mismatch form? I will do it right away. I look like a monster when i pick my kids up from school all the parents stare at me. My boyfriend refuses to leave the house with me because every time we go somewhere there is always that one person that says what did Ya do sock her he get really upset. This had made my whole life a mess. All i wanted to do was to look a few years younger and now i look like a monster. I get the IPL twice a week i go tomorrow for another I'm going to bring up the breathing issues and see what they have to say about that. Thank you for giving me the info and please let me know where i can come the Medwatch.
My auto correct really sucks hope you can understand what i meant lol

My before

This is my before picture. I'm kinda mad at myself because now that i look back i really didn't need anything done :(

Day 65 after Radiesse

It is absolutely mind-boggling that anyone would inject Radiesse into the tear trough area in 2014. This material is just too hard and viscous to use in such a delicate area, and any competent medical professional would know not to do this. Radiesse is 70% carrier vehicle and 30% hydroxyappetite, and apparently the carrier dissipates by the 3rd month. This may help alleviate some of the swelling. Good luck.
Something, perhaps the Radiesse or perhaps the carrier did not dissipate by 3 months. It was still causing acute reactions for almost 2 years. Then the reactions became less frequent and did not involve the whole body. It's been almost 3 years now and I still have occasional pain and mild swelling.
Thank you! My left eye is almost back to normal but my right eye is still horrible! The place i went to knows they messed up big time are trying everything possible to fix my situation. You're right he should have known better in the first and i will never be talked into anything that i didn't ask for again.

Almost 70 days post Radiesse

I was Supposed to go have another IPL today but I had a blister break and they can't do it with broken skin so I have to cancel! They are considering doing a different procedure although they haven't shared with me what that is! I'm going on 70 days post injection and I'm really tired of going to the Dr twice a week.

infection

I now have an infection where the blister from the IPL broke. I'm going to my general practitioner on Monday can't wait to hear what she has to say :(
There's a doctor who posted on hear that sometimes cortisone shots can be used to breakdown Radiesse. Another post said to try massaging the area, although I can see why you might be hesitant to do that.
Yeah Dr told me not took touch it especially now that i gave an infection from the blister. It's a mess i will never get that stuff again

still waiting for relief

I'm 3 months in I go for twice a week. It is getting a little lighter but I still look like a monster. I had to make up a lie to my family and tell them it was an allergic reaction which makes me feel even worse. I cannot get in any family pictures still....I really don't know what to do at this point.....
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Are you on antibiotics now for your infection?
They gave me the zpac and another heavy duty anti biotic. I'm being told to not have anymore IPL. I have an appointment this Thursday and the Dr said they are going to turn the IPL to level 3 which I believe is going to be heavy duty. I'm really afraid to make waves cause I don't want them to stop helping me I'm really in a bind because I can't afford to go anywhere else:(
The IPL only works on permanent/ natural pigment. It should not be used on bruised skin. It can be used on acne, but only if it is dry. It can cause the breakdown of certain fillers, which may be why they are trying to treat you with it, but if you have necrosis/ cellulitis, it must not be used under any circumstances. It's too late for it to break down filler now. Also, the Radiesse was most likely injected too deeply for the light to penetrate. It may be that you discuss with them your concerns about IPL? Tell them you have spoken to someone else who uses a 60 Joule NDyag/ IPL q-switched machine and administers Radiesse. Hydrocortisone should not be used unless advised by a dermatologist. Sorry for all the negatives, but it sounds like your current practitioner is at a loss as to what to do, but wants to appear to be doing something. The best thing they can do for you is to refer you immediately to a dermatologist (at their expense). You should immediately cease all other treatments except the antibiotics/ healing creams. If necessary show your practitioner a transcript of this message to you. Let them know also that my clinic staff have received Merz training which was very clear in where and where not to inject. Please don't worry too much about your appearance - it will improve by itself and you will return to normal. However, apart from the money you have spent, you must also be compensated for the trauma you have suffered. Don't get down - get even! You've a lovely face with a temporary blemish - don't risk it becoming a permanent one with IPL/ laser

90 days post Radiesse

I am finding no relief and am getting IPL twice a week. Now I'm being told to stop I really don't know what to do. The Dr injected cortisone in both eye's on Friday. I dint know what to do at this point. If I need a lawyer what kind do I call. Would this be a malpractice case?
As I understand it Radiesse is a calcium based filler with multiple side effects. As I understand it can become lumpy. When I spoke to Merz Pharmaceuticals about the product they commented the product breakdown after four months and generally dissipates. I know this is not month four for you but if the information is accurate, the area you are suffering from should calm down. Call Merz Pharmaceuticals. They have a customer care phone line for esthetics. Tell them of your experience and ask for their advice. I tried Radiesse, it sucked so did the Spa attended that applied it. The only thing she said that was of any value was - do not use Radiesse near the eye area. In my further research, the product that has stood the test of time and results is a product called - Revanesse and as I have researched it is very affordable. Look into that for ongoing dermal fillers. This whole dermal filler industry is completely UNREGULATED. I found that out through the Better Business Bureau after Skinology in Richmond Hill promised me a refund on the failed Radiesse product, resulting in me having to pursue them legally for that refund. Everyone please do your own research and don't be talked into any product on the visit. Tell them you will research the product and make your decision on the next appointment.
sherryann ask your MD or RNP for a chest x-ray if you are short of breath. If that is abnormal or questionable, they can follow up with a chest CT. Good luck, hope you are better soon
By the way, can someone explain when they are injecting for the cheek, where should the actual injection site be? My PS injected right on and across the orbital bone. ( I think that's what it is called).

4 months post Radiesse

Here it is 4 months post Radiesse I have found a little relief not much tho! I have not been back to Dr Masri in a few weeks due to a bout with the flu. I am going today to pick up my record's and now it's just a wait for all this to go away. I don't have the money to see anyone else to have it fixed and I don't trust Dr Masri anymore to touch me. So this is where I'm at. I have reached out to some legal counsel and am waiting to hear back. I am depressed and embarrassed about this. My GP was very concerned but I was so embarrassed that I did this I just played it off. I don't leave my house anymore which is really hurting my kids but the stares I get are so embarrassing. No make up will cover it so I just sit at home waking up every morning looking in the mirror hoping it's gone but it's always still there :( please do research before you do anything to your face. I had such low self esteem that I thought this one little thing would make me beautiful instead it made me feel like a monster.
What a nightmare. You poor thing! How are you going now? Any improvement?
HI Sherryanne, I am Neuro1 Please look at my recent post and photos. This is not a harmless product. I'm so sorry you have it also. Time seems to be the only thing which really helps.
I have a question for you, did you pick this doctor because he was convenient and local and not based on research and patient feedback? Im from Ohio....I had surgeries done and flew to other states to have it done by someone who is an expert expert and has done thousands of the procedure i was looking for. When you do something to your face, wouldnt u make sure u pick a doctor who is literally the best in it? wouldnt it be worth traveling or driving somewhere for 3-6 hours and have done correctly, than going to someone who is close by, but is not a pro? Did you double check the doctor before doing this procedure ? was he board certified? did he do fillers and Tear Trough procedure as a routine and was he specialist in it and did he do this 100 times a year more ? and has 100's and 100's of reviews and feedback's from patients of this specific procedure. Otherwise with all do respect to you and others and i feel bad for you, you should have investigated the physician and its procedure prior. Always remember, any medical doctor, who has graduated from a medical school can do these kinds procedure legally, without any training.
Dearborn Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have been going to this clinic a very long time. Even though was talked into something i didn't go there to get i really think everyone at the clinic feels really bad for me and they are doing everything they can to fix it at no charge. They just have not found the right procedure.