My Journey: Hernia Repair W/TT.. Lipo..and Fat Grafting..

Hi, I am 23 years old...5'4" and 137 lbs. I've...

Hi, I am 23 years old...5'4" and 137 lbs. I've been struggling with my belly pooch since after pregnancy. I lost a lot of weight right after pregnancy because I was hardly eating. My skin around my abdomen was so saggy and stretched out due to the countless stretchmarks. I could literally pinch all the skin. I started to have a normal diet around week 3 post partum. I gained about 10 lbs in my abdominal area and thighs. My skin still appeared stretched but because of the extra weight it was hard to tell. I also had an umbilical hernia that had been causing some abdominal pain. After pregnancy, my butt became deflated on the sides and I hardly had a curve on my lower back. It looked like everything dropped. I had my procedure originally scheduled for May 7th, but it was postponed due to an automobile accident. I had my procedure done June 25th. So the experience is pretty fresh. I have a lot of back pain due to the lipo in my lower back and flanks..and abdomen is a little swollen. I pretty much lay on my side or on some pillows..on my belly. I hope my appearance gets better an

5 days Post-Op....

So....it's only day 5 and these drains are driving me nuts! LOL. I cannot wait until they're removed...simply because they make it difficult for me to sleep...or rest. They've moved out a little too, causing some burning): But, enough of my whining. I have a little swelling..so that's a plus! Playing with my daughter helps me get my mind off the cons. She's so silly. I have another follow up with my surgeon (from this past Friday) on the 3rd of July. We'll see how that goes!

continued post of day 5

2 weeks post op

I really am excited today. I had a follow-up appointment with my surgeon. She removed one of my drains. I know it's only one, but it's much better than having both. I asked her to remove the one that's been causing me problems. The removal didn't hurt at all. I felt a little pressure in my abdomen when she pulled it out. I'm so thankful that I was able to get one..that one.. removed because it's been pulling on its stitches and burning. Now, I can sleep better at night. Also, I am able to sit now. FINALLY!!! (:

Update!!

So... I know it has been a good few months since I've updated my profile. My surgeon was very happy with my healing results. I'm going to fast forward a couple months after surgery. I recently found out that I'm pregnant! I was sad and happy when I found out. I was sad because I just recently gone under a tummy tuck procedure and the results would be gone before I knew it. I was happy for my daughter because she wouldn't grow up alone. I had an IUD for almost a year when I found out about my pregnancy. I was 6 weeks pregnant when my IUD was suggested to be removed.

When I told my surgeon, she mentioned that she can do the procedure again. I'm pretty excited. The husband and I don't plan on any more little ones anyway. (Even after our first little one, we didn't want any more.) That means that before this next procedure we need to have a permanent solution. It will be at least a year before another procedure, but I'm still pretty excited!
Dr. Hogan, MD