My Journey: Hernia Repair W/TT.. Lipo..and Fat Grafting..

Hi, I am 23 years old...5'4" and 137 lbs. I've...

Hi, I am 23 years old...5'4" and 137 lbs. I've been struggling with my belly pooch since after pregnancy. I lost a lot of weight right after pregnancy because I was hardly eating. My skin around my abdomen was so saggy and stretched out due to the countless stretchmarks. I could literally pinch all the skin. I started to have a normal diet around week 3 post partum. I gained about 10 lbs in my abdominal area and thighs. My skin still appeared stretched but because of the extra weight it was hard to tell. I also had an umbilical hernia that had been causing some abdominal pain. After pregnancy, my butt became deflated on the sides and I hardly had a curve on my lower back. It looked like everything dropped. I had my procedure originally scheduled for May 7th, but it was postponed due to an automobile accident. I had my procedure done June 25th. So the experience is pretty fresh. I have a lot of back pain due to the lipo in my lower back and flanks..and abdomen is a little swollen. I pretty much lay on my side or on some pillows..on my belly. I hope my appearance gets better an

5 days Post-Op....

So....it's only day 5 and these drains are driving me nuts! LOL. I cannot wait until they're removed...simply because they make it difficult for me to sleep...or rest. They've moved out a little too, causing some burning): But, enough of my whining. I have a little swelling..so that's a plus! Playing with my daughter helps me get my mind off the cons. She's so silly. I have another follow up with my surgeon (from this past Friday) on the 3rd of July. We'll see how that goes!

continued post of day 5

2 weeks post op

I really am excited today. I had a follow-up appointment with my surgeon. She removed one of my drains. I know it's only one, but it's much better than having both. I asked her to remove the one that's been causing me problems. The removal didn't hurt at all. I felt a little pressure in my abdomen when she pulled it out. I'm so thankful that I was able to get one..that one.. removed because it's been pulling on its stitches and burning. Now, I can sleep better at night. Also, I am able to sit now. FINALLY!!! (:

Update!!

So... I know it has been a good few months since I've updated my profile. My surgeon was very happy with my healing results. I'm going to fast forward a couple months after surgery. I recently found out that I'm pregnant! I was sad and happy when I found out. I was sad because I just recently gone under a tummy tuck procedure and the results would be gone before I knew it. I was happy for my daughter because she wouldn't grow up alone. I had an IUD for almost a year when I found out about my pregnancy. I was 6 weeks pregnant when my IUD was suggested to be removed.

When I told my surgeon, she mentioned that she can do the procedure again. I'm pretty excited. The husband and I don't plan on any more little ones anyway. (Even after our first little one, we didn't want any more.) That means that before this next procedure we need to have a permanent solution. It will be at least a year before another procedure, but I'm still pretty excited!
Dr. Hogan, MD

Hey there! I have a breast augmentation and tummy tuck with dr. Gold on 20. Aug. @ dgmc but I have heard good things about dr. Hogan. I'm excited...but I ended up spending about twice as much as you( the cost of the TT only) but I guess they update their price chart every July :-/ still a lot cheaper than the outside though!
BTW you look great!
Hey! Sorry, I'm barely getting back to you. I'm hardly checking my profile/: I need to start checking it more often. By the way, how did your surgery go? Are you pleased with your results?
Thanks!
I got a discount because it was combined with a medically necessary procedure.
Lol! Its a little annoying to have them there..especially when I take the body garment on and off. I have to pass the drains in and out the garment when going to the RR. My garment is from my calfs to my breastline.
Bless your Heart Miss C n' H! My garment is just right under boobs almost to hips. I'm claustrophobic & would go nuts with something all the way to my calves. You don't have a hole in that garment where you can go to bathroom without pulling it down? My BF had a Beltectomy last year. Her dr let her wear a Spanx after week 1. She cut a hole down there in her spanx. I could handle a spanx. Because that's what I always wore before I even had surgery. :)
I wore the Velcro binder for 10 days now I can wear my spanx that's hooks down the middle from my boobs to middle of stomach and into shorts. It is so much more comfortable. You will feel so much better when you don't have to have those drains.
I wore spanx before surgery too! Lol. But yes, there's a hole..but only to urinate../:
When did you have your surgery? I'm not one to just sit. I thought it was going to be more painful than what I have experienced. Don't get me wrong I am sore but that is to be expected. One thing i wish my Dr. Could have saved my belly button. To many surgeries and scar tissue but he said he could make me one later. No thanks im 47 im fine without it.You take care.
I had my surgery June 25th...so about a week ago. I'm going to get my "belly button" tattooed to be darkened. My surgeon said that after repairing the hernia, my belly button was just "floating".
You look great!!
Thanks hun!
Looking great! How is recovery?
Thank you! It's okay. I guess only because I'm so bored. I'm always busy. But besides that, its not as bad as I thought. I thought I wasn't going to be able to do anything. I still do everyday life things except shop, cook, drive, and lifting my little one. Lol. I was extremely exhausted the first few days...that after standing for a while I would need to rest.
I think you look wonderful!! He did a great job!!
Thank you!
You have a great shape, congrats! I hope you have an easy recovery. My surgery is Wednesday and I can't wait! Keep posting.
Thanks! I hope you have an easy recovery as well! You may not be focused on the results right away because of being under anesthesia, but I'm sure you're going to love your results.
I am so glad for you! It's a slow process, isn't it? My back is just killing me today. I'm so bored, not being able to do anything! But st least I like what I see, besides the swelling... I'll keep following you.
Thanks! It is a slow process, but in the end it will be worth it. That's good to hear that you're liking your results. I look exactly how I looked a few years ago..except I have some boobies. LOL. But, overall I am satisfied. Keep me updated with your progression.(:
I had mine June 24th and my lower back KILLS me too Miss C n' H! I also had lipo on flanks & lower back. (TT/MR & they found I had a hernia/ & fat injected into butt! :(. I want my back to quit hurting!!! But, everybody heals differently. I hope I'm standing straight up in another week! (Hope & Pray!)
Hi Wmnurse! Thanks for the response! I hope your back is better soon!..as well as your recovery! Do you sleep on your side? I have a hard time sleeping on my side...so I lay on some pillows on my belly. Or with my body obliqued. That way feels the most comfortable to me.
Believe it or not.... I was on my sides from day 1! :). I can only stay on 1 of them for 3 hrs at a time tho. (Because everything's still bruised & sore so badly! :(. )....after surgery I was wrapped with this thick padden on sides & back...& then the CG.... And I was shot up with that new numbing stuff instead of the going home with a pump. Idk if that helped me or not. Just wish I could sleep For 7-8 hrs straight! And get these drains OUT tomorrow @ my 1st post op visit! And, I'm hunched over still..( I knew that was to be expected tho.). Lower back kills me! I heard lipo was the worse thing to recover from. And I AGREE! How's your recovery Miss C' n H?
My recovery is okay. I'm not getting much sleep, neither. The first day following the operation, my back hurt so bad because of the lipo. It actually hurt more than the tummy tuck scar itself. My abdominal area hurts more now..especially the incision. I'm sure its from flipping from side to side. My garment has zippers on the sides of the hips and my incision is longer on left lateral side. I just noticed that yesterday. Let me know how the removal of the drains go. Some people (on here) are saying its painful and some say they didn't feel a thing. Do u know if it's normal for the sites to burn a little?