2 1/2 year update!! I am still happy I did it, but I have been through some serious changes with my body - Davenport, IA

I am 5'9 215lbs and I have had 4 children ages...

I am 5'9 215lbs and I have had 4 children ages 14, 12, 8, and 10months. I have been wanting a TT for ages and I am finally done having kids :) so it is time for me to get this body of mine back in shape. I know I am not a small woman, but I personally like my curves.

I love my hips, butt, thighs and boobs....even after having 4 kids. What I hate in my stomach and my back fat at the bra-line. I am having an extended TT w/lipo of the abs and flanks with muscle repair and lipo of the back. I cannot wait. I cant lie and say I am not nervous, but I gave it to God and I trust my surgeon.

This is hands down one the the best sites for getting a feel of what the process is like and seeing other womens stories. You women have inspired me to move forward with my journey. Thank you. Pray for me and I will pray for you. I will be posting before and after pics very soon.

I'm so glad this site is providing you with good information and support. I think our tummy tuck community is so wonderful and I'm extremely proud of you ladies. Keep keeping us posted on how you're feeling and I look forward to reading more and seeing your pics!

good luck to all you ladies waiting for your tt , i am 14 weeks post op ! and i am pretty much back to normal , i would go through it all again for this flat tummy, i am very similar size , but could never get into tight fitting clothes , i am thrilled to bits with my tum ! one dissapointment i am going on holiday bought some skimpy bikinis and been told to keep my scars out of the sun for at least 12 mths x
Hi, I can relate to your story, I'm not as tall as you, I am 5'2' I weight about a little less of 200 pounds. I do exercise 3 times a week with a trainer, I do have a lot of muscle mass. That being said, I had 3 kids, and I hate the flap in my lower tummy. I have to get pants about 2 sizes bigger just to fit my tummy. So I am really considering a full tummy tuck and lipo EVERY WHERE the doctor suggest it. (I do have the bra line thing too by the way).
For now I am still waiting to save a few bucks to do it, and of course getting the courage to go through with it.
So you ladies are very inspiring. Good luck with your procedures, I will keep reading your posts and pray that everything turns to be better than you expected.

cheers, R.

I am almost one week away from my big day, and...

I am almost one week away from my big day, and today is my birthday!! Ya!! This TT is my birthday gift to myself. I cannot wait to become a part of the TT club. I am soooo looking forward to my surgery, but as most people I am scared. I know its all normal, but my emotion are all over the place I am soooo concerned about this surgery that I forgot it was my birthday today. My boyfriend had to remind me. I had my final appt. a few weeks ago, The dr. went over everything for me. Told me to keep on a multivitamin schedule and to get my scripts filled. I have done all of that. Now is just the countdown.
I am sooo excited!! I cant wait to get rid of this stomach I have been carrying around for 14 years. I have not worn a bikini since I was 18 years old and I just got the courage to wear a one piece for the first time last year! I feel like its time for me to get my life back. I am donr having children. I want to be able to enjoy the beach with my kids and not feel like the odd man out.
Pray for me and wish me luck!
I will post pics after the surgery.

Almost here!! :)
Good luck, I go get my TT and lipo May 25 @7:15am. I am so excited and scared. But hey us mommy works hard, and we deserve to be happy. My family is against it, but i told them if they are not going to support me and help, or even be positive they can stay away. So with that being said my Mom and Grandmother came on board. Well keep us posted and again good luck!!
Im scared too, but I am feeling better about my decision everyday I get closer. I know once its all over I will feel better. I cant wait to get rid of this belly and be able to wear summer dresses and a bathing suit and look good in it :)
You look great in your before photos. You are a beautiful woman, so get ready... you are gonna be killi" them when its all done!
Dont worry about family and friends not being supportive, Im dealing with the same thing. Unless they have gone through what you are about to go through or they has the body issues that you are about to get fixed, they will never understand. I have some so called friends that have been nothing but negative and it hurts, but oh well I have resigned myself to the fsct that they my be jealous because I finally getting rid of this stomach that has kept my self esteem down and gonna be a new me. My mom has even been a little negative but I love her anyway. I just ask for prayers and move on.
The only one that needs to be happy with the new you is YOU!!! :) ANd you will be.
Good luck! post pics when you are done with surgery.
Hey girl, just wanted to say hi and happy belated birthday!!! I am close to your same size (shorter tho :) and I'm scheduled for a tummy tuck with vaser lipo the day after you (May 6th) and am so excited (and a little nervous) too!!!!

Wishing you good luck and can't wait to see your results!!!!

I am 6 days out from my surgery and I am feeling...

I am 6 days out from my surgery and I am feeling better about doing it now. I was really nervous for a while, but I know that the odds of anything traumatic happening are pretty low. Anyway, I feel better. I am just waiting for my day.
I will update after my surgery.

I am only a few days away from the big day....

I am only a few days away from the big day. Everyday gets better and better. i am now feeling ultra excited, optimistic that everthing is gonna be alright.
I will pst after photos asap.
Keep praying :)
we are sooooooooo close. Haha Close your eyes and jump.. The skimpy backless mini dress hanging from my closet is keeping me possitive :)
I was a nervous wreck before surgery, but now that it's over I feel like I stressed over the whole thing for nothing.. I had TT w muscle repair and lipo of back and flanks on 4/19 . I am 13 days out and feel pretty darn good, my pain control was great, I really only had pain meds for three days. For me the worst part was the nausea, that's all.. I never really had pain, it's just an achy feeling and worrying about my incision opening up.. A couple times I got out of bed and felt a burning sensation but it quickly went away.. The drains are annoying but as soon as they come out you just feel so much better... think of the outcome and you will be fine.. I have to say, it takes guts to do this.. It's hard to be down for so long and not be able to do what you are use to.. You will be fine.. Good luck.....

I am really excited!! Its almost my big day. I am...

I am really excited!! Its almost my big day. I am just tying up loose ends. Cleaning house, getting my food together for the next few days etc. I will post pics after the sugery.
I looked at myself in the mirror tonight and I realized I made the right decision. My belly and back fat have got to go. i dont have to do one more summer trying to fit into the clothes that I love with rolls hanging out andjeans not fitting. I am thanking the lord everyday for this opportunity. Cause as we all know, this surgery isnt cheap :)
Pray for me. Its almost here!!!
Me too, but my doc doesn't do the pump. Not sure what they'll give at the hospital while I'm there overnight, but I've got vidodin, xtra strength tylenol and prayer for when I get home on Saturday.

Good luck today!!! Post when you can!
Today is your day goodluck..Im praying for you ...
I'm Friday morning @ 7:30 a.m. spending the night too but no pump :( Will def. keep you posted and will be dying to hear how you make out tomorrow!!!!!

I am very happy this morning. I can tell he really...

I am very happy this morning. I can tell he really made my back and waistline smaller. I am having a hard time standing up straight. The drains are hell! I can't wait til those come out. I had. Ton of fluid pumped in me for the lipo so I am using the bathroom a lot.
My dr. said he took off 7 pounds of skin and four 16 ounce bags of fat! I still can't get over that. I was carrying around that much excess skin and fat on my back abs and waist. But thank the lord I am here.
I truly feel like crap on morning 2. Tons of fluid coming out of me. I can't mustar up the strenght to take a pic yet. I will have my boyfriend take one later this afternoon and post for you ladies. I haven't really looked in the mirror yet. Kinda scared to see. But I can't feel that I am alot smaller. I have a bit of a bulge in my tummy but I know that is from all the swelling. He didn't give me a compress to wear so maybe that's why. He said he doesn't recommend them unless truly necessary. So we will see.
All in all I'm taking percocet,vallium and celebrex. I am also taking iron pills and multi vitamin. I am supposed to be taking vitamedica but I think they forgot to give it to me when I went home yesterday. So I called about it this morning and am waiting to hear word on what to do.
Any questions feel free to ask.
Congrats, I had mine done yesterday too....oh and be happy u don't have the compress belt, it hurts more that anything and its making me itch. Maybe I should ask how much fat came off of me, it would be interesting to know. I can't wait to see my belly for the first tome today. Well, good luck and keep us posted!
So happy for you!! Can't wait to see your new tummy =)

Sorry about all the upside down photos. Its just...

Sorry about all the upside down photos. Its just the way they are coming off my phone :-)
You look awesome! Don't know where you're getting your energy from!!! I just had mine yesterday got home today and barely had energy to crawl to my sofa. I was hit by a TRUCK too!!! :)
Girl I have no energy either. I had to have my boyfriend take the pics of me. I can hardly stnd up. So you are not alone. I'm glad you made it through ok. Its all a blessing. When u get the strenght post some after pics. I've. Been trying to post some here and there. Keep me posted.
Congrats You are looking awesome! I had mine done on May 2 and I think because I didn't have the muscles tightened I'm feeling less pain but I sure am Purple! Will have to ask at the post op appt on Tues how much skin he removed. Make sure you rest.

Here I am on day 4 and I cannot poop. I know I...

Here I am on day 4 and I cannot poop. I know I know TMI but its killing me. I have taken prune juice hot and cold, exlax and milk of magnesia. I'm about to lose my mind! I feel it but it won't move on out.
I have a dr. Appt tomorrow. Hopefully it will happen by then. My stomache is so swollen and tight from this.
Oh well. Ill update when the magic happens lol :)
Hey just a quick note to say you were soooooo right about needing to go full force with the laxatives!!!! Feeling sooooo much better. (Sorry if I'm TMI-ing ya)

Can't wait to hear how tomorrows appointment goes. What are you using on your incision?

Hey everyone I had my first post op appt. Today...

Hey everyone I had my first post op appt. Today and he said everything looks great! I even got all of my staples out so that made me feel good. I can now officially shower :) I am still very swollen but I tried on a form fitting summer dress and even with all of the swelling I almost cried. I haven't ben able to wear anything like that without spanx on since I was 19 yrs old. And I'm only 5 days out. Thank you Jesus!!! I still have my drains booooooo!! "LOL but oh well, whatever gets me to my goal faster.
Any questions feel free to ask.
New pics later today.
Wow! I am so happy for you!!! I am really hoping to wear some more fitted things this summer too! This is so exciting!!! I took it really easy today and relaxed ina chair with my feet up and ice packs. Very swollen and bruised from the lipo. Will have to post a pic of that.

All in all coming along nicely even with swelling and bruising. I have my post op on Thursday and may have one drain removed (fingers crossed) no idea what I'll be using on the scar yet...
congratulations to you ladies. i am married with 4 children and am not happy with my tummy, i am having my TT sugery in 2days am very happy cant wait to see the result.
I am doin good, able to get on and off the bed. Not quite off them meds, I think I can move to tylenol tho...and I was just talkin to my boyfriend about these big thighs...lol. he loves them, and no one else seems to have a problem wit them but me. I am glad things are goin good, I can't wait to see your pics, oh did u finally have that bowel movement? Lol

Hey there today is day six and I'm feeling so...

Hey there today is day six and I'm feeling so so. I am hating my swelling. My tummy is big and tight. I know its all part of the process but aughhhhhhh!
Hopefully progress will come soon. Its just one of those days. Blahhhhhhhhhh :)

hang in there girl.. i swear every day gets better ;)

M`
Hey girly, everything going ok? I had one drain removed Thursday, scheduled to have 2nd one taken out on Tuesday. Very swollen and tight. (Ugh . . .) Thinking I'm gonna love final results tho but will be wearing this binder with hopes it helps ease puffiness and tightness ....
looking fabulous!

Almost 2 weeks. It is amazing how time flies. I...

Almost 2 weeks. It is amazing how time flies. I have had ups and downs. The ups are I tried on some bikinis in the store for the first time since I was 18 yrs old. I'm 34. That was life changing for me. Although I still have cellulite I hve learned to appreciate my body and thank god I don't have a huge bely and back rolls anymore. I don't care what anyone thinks about my thighs I'm gonna rock a two piece this year! Lol
The other plus is I got my last drain out yesterday and I feel soooooo much better. I will post pics very soon. My dr told me my incision looks amazing and I agree. Its so light for only 2 weeks. I'm happy.
I still have a lot of swelling above my navel. A LOT! When I'm standing my tummy looks great but when I sit it still is. Little pudgy. I guess I have to hit he gym hard once I'm cleared.
The dr did tell me I can start liht walking but no lifting for another month.
Now onto the worse part I think I pulled a muscle yesterday in my abdomen. Ouch! It hurts so bad I went back to square one with pain pills and vallium cause I started having stomach spasms and everything. So pray for me I'm hurting.
But all in all I'm happy.
I will update again soon.

Hey Girlie, I posted an update, but will post pics later. I think I look better in person than on the pics. There's really a dramatic improvement. I'm thrilled, but still swollen. Today's my first day back at work :-(
yes you should wear your compression garment for six weeks day and night , it do really help and it sounds strange but you do actually miss it after.
Hey Sommie, do u wear a binder or compression garment? I'm two weeks post op today and am in a compression garment that really helps (it starts right inder boobs down to mid thigh). I find I really swell when I'm not wearing it!

I am 3 weeks PO and kinda feeling better. Its...

I am 3 weeks PO and kinda feeling better. Its truly a process. I have lost 20 lbs to date since surgery and for that I am thankful. I am having some issues with my tummy. Right about my navel I havea part that's sticking out... it won't flatten out and it kinda hurts. I thought I popped a stitch or something. I find my self holding my tummy right there when I walk sometimes cause it hurts. I need to mention it to my dr. Also now my hips and thighs appear huge due to the smaller waistline. Now I know I have to go to the gym LOL!
All in all I am down from a 16 to a 12 in the waist but my butt and hips are in need if some help.
Notice in the 3 week pic I appear bigger in the waist... right after my period I justlooked bigger for some reason. But my weight i s down. I don't get it. I feel swollen though.
I will update again soon.

By the way I cut my hair off! And I just bought...

By the way I cut my hair off! And I just bought the swimsuit ij the photo and I just noticed I still had the tag on it...oops! Lol

Hey Girlie, how are you? How did things go with the doctor?
wow, sorry to hear that ur having a bit of a problem. I hope he is able to fix it wit as little surgery as possible. I'm glad ur in a swimsuit cuz I sure ain't, not yet. Imma try to walk off a few pounds and then reveal my new body at my daughters bday party next month. I'm glad every thing else is going well wit you... I can't wait till were a few months out, I know we are gonna look so hot! Haha. Well make sure u let me know what ur doc says, hopefully its nothin too serious...oh, and pix, pix, pix...ttyl8r, gurl!

I went to the dr for my 1 month post op and it...

I went to the dr for my 1 month post op and it went better than I expected. I thought I might have had an umbilical hernia but I don't. Thank God. Its just swellin and irriatation from the stitches in my abs. He told me if the swelling doesn't go down he could do spot lipo or a mini tuck pulling upward under the breat to fix the protrusion. We wil see. Still in some pain but I'm looking and feeling better everyday. I will post new pics soon.
Hey girl! Your looking good! It's hard to tell that you are having problems..I feel your pain though cus I'm having the same problem with my upper abdomen too(6wks post-op). It's not as bad as it use to be. It still does feel a little weird and swells more than anyother area(frustrating)!I'm curious to hear what your doctor had to say??? I don't see my doc until the 30th of this month(seems like 4ever). Hope things get better for you!
Hey thank you. Its getting better. I did talk to my dr and I thought it was an umbilical hernia but thank god its not he said it just really swollen from the stitches in my abdomen. He did tell me that if it doesn't go down in a few months that he coulddo spot lipo or a mini tuck upwards under my breast to flaten the area out above my navel that's protruding. So we will see. But that made me feel better. Other that that I've lost a few more pounds and wore a bikini to a public pool for the first time since I was 18! :) I'm a happy camper. How are you doing?
Hi Lolly. I'm about 4.5 weeks post op too!!! I'm sorry you're feeling depressed. Are you wearing a compression garment? My doc had me go into a compression garment (from right under the boobs to mid-thigh)as soon as she removed my drains. At night I take it off and wear the binder I wore home from the hospital. I'm also taking Arnica three times a day which is supposed to help with swelling and drinking lots of water.

Everybody heals different, so you should also give your doctor a call Also, remember this is a proceess and it takes time for your body to adjust. Good luck!!!

Week 5 and feeling better, doing more. I'm...

Week 5 and feeling better, doing more. I'm still not aloud to lift much due to my pain an protrusion above my navel. I have been walking a few miles a day. Trying to drop some more weight. But feeling good about life.
My incision is healing very well. My dr ad his nurse were shocked and excited about how great it looks after a few weeks. I havent been doing anything accept neosporin and vitamin e oil occasionally.
I do feel buring and tightness on and around my incision. I am still very tender to touch. I can sleep on my sides but I do feel pain. This is truly a process but well worth it. I have new pics. Don't mind the tags in some pics I was so excited to take the pics I forgot to take the tags off lol!

Well ladies all of your posting helped prepare me for my tuck. I had my thurs the 14 the pain was manageable with vicodin first day was the hardest. The laxative / stool softener didn't do much but prunes helped me go today. I don't know maybe it's a combination of both. I have one drain and it has slowed down and fluid is a lot lighter. Tues is my post op appt so I will see my belly then. The bandages that covered the incision need to come off they donot smell fresh. Probably from the fluids. So far so good cant wait to see my new tummy
Hey miss.lady, just coming by to check on ur progress. I'm still a bit swollen, he wants to do a little more lipo on my love handles...I'm excited cuz some fat still peeks over my pants, haha. Well, take care!

Its been a while since my last update. I'm sorry...

Its been a while since my last update. I'm sorry for that. I have had death knock at my familys door over the past few months. 1st my father passed away and now my grandfather all in the past 4 months. I mention this because my recovery was going good and then I started to swell and my stomach was huge. I don't know why. Maybe stress. But it was horrible. I looked like I was 6 months pregnant at one point in he past month. But once the stress subsided a little my stomach went down. So go figure. But that freaked me out.
Now I thinking I'm gonna need some more lipo maybe ever a mini tuck on my stomach....my dr said the same the last time I was in for a visit. I still have noticable loose skin above my incision and some protruding above the navel. I'm ready the get it fixed but I have to wait.
All in all I wouldn't change anything. I definately look better than I did. I am 4 sizes smaller than I was Wooo Hoo! I started at a size 16 I'm down to a 12. Praise God. But I will say my butt and hips are like whoa!!! Lol.
Question: is anyone doing ab work 2 months out? Let me know if u are and how that's going.
Anyway, I will try to stay more current. I miss my tummy tuck family.
Sidenote: I'm now considering more surgery....nose job, lipo of the legs.....maybe :-) maybe not.
BEAUTIFUL CHICA CONGRATZ! YOUR WHITE BIKINI MUY SEXI!
very flat sexi stomach y' hermosa....simply beautiful we are just about same BUILT y' Height!(5'9)without high heels on,just drop another (in past 2 weeks almost 10 pounds)as i am finally down to 230 and i am told to get down to around 225-215 i am trying for A BETTER outcome,tummy and brazilian butt lift thru mi own Fat Transfer, i can't wait! your Gorgeous!
i know your loving it to buy regular size smaller pants
denim again, ey chica? y' the bikini SO SEXI god speed i can't wait!
few weeks 2 go.
god bless u chica.
Life too short for us women to b carryin around fat roll
on back,bra fat, y'(and) tummy. i am so happy for you!
adios.

*Sexi Flat Stomach Certified 2012*
Hey girl, how are you doing?
Just want to tell u that u look really great!

2 1/2 year update!!!

Well I had my surgery in May of 2011. I cant believe its been that long already. I have been through ups and downs with my body since then. After the surgery I thought it was going to be easy for me to keep my weight down and within a year of my surgery I not only gained back the 30 pounds I lost but I gained more! I went from 230lbs before surgery, to 200 after. I kept that off for about a year and then it slowly crept back on me. I got up to my heaviest at 252!! I was so upset!! Well I decided to do something about it and Dec. 2012 I went to another Dr. and he helped me to get down to 190!! It took me 6 months to lose that 60 plus pounds. I am planning on losing 40 more by march or 2014!! Lets pray!! LOL
Needless to say this weightloss affected my surgery aftercare progress.
I gained alot of my weight in my upper body. Mostly my arms. I had heard from many people that they struggled with this after a tummy tuck. It is true!!
I am still dealing with that, I just have to focus my efforts on my arms and back now.
Over all here are my pros and cons since having this surgery:
Pros: Flat tummy (mostly)
It has definately helped my confidence
able to wear a bikini
Cons: Having a hard time with my stomach (hardening)
Issues with using the bathroom (blocked up often)
Pain in my abdomen (I feel stitches still and I feel like one area never healed right)
I have a hard time working out without pain in my abs afterward
My arms and back carry my weight now (top heavy)\
I look "box-shaped" in my middle" no real shapely curve. I never looked like that before the surgery and I have had a hard time trimming my middle since the surgery because of the pain when I workout.

Overall I am happy with the external results. I never expected some of the long term sideeffects. I can live with it, but I dont think I ever want anymore surgery for cosmetic reasons. There are so many things your body goes through afterward it unreal.
Im not trying to be debbie-downer...Im being blunt and honest for those getting ready to embark on this journey. Its worth it, but be prepared for the changes that may come later.
Thanks for your 2 year update. I found it very helpful in evaluating the choices. Best of luck to you!
Hello there! Me too! My body had changed sooo much and there had been such an emotional impact. I live in the QC area too. What dr is assisting you with your weightless?
Love the white bikini!!! I think you look really good!!! Hope all is well with you...and yes I agree it do not look like you had a lot weight around your tummy in your before pictures....but its good that you are getting the results that you hoped for
Davenport Plastic Surgeon

My big day is here. I went in at 6 45 am and they got started around 7 50 am. The dr was funny. He made me feel very comfortable. The nurses are amazing! I cannot stress that enough. Next thing I know I'm in recovery. Once again the nurses were great! I have a lot of fluid coming out of me. They said I might have been the most they have ever seen. But that's fine with my that just means he was making sure I would be comfortable afterwards. He did tumescent lipo and extended tummy tuck with muscle repair and upper back lipo and my abs and flanks. He took off 7 pounds of skin and four 32 ounce bags of fat. That is amazing to me! Needless to say I am a bit weak. I almost passed out in recoery when I went to pee because I was trying to do to much too soon. I've slowed down. They aveme some more anti nausea meds and I went home around 3 30 pm. But I came out of the O R around 12 30pm. I'm home now and the first few times I had to get up to go to the bathroom it was difficult. But I am draining a lot out of my lipo incision and my drains. About 90 cc on number 2 and about 50 ccs out of number 1. They pumped me with a lot of fluid. My boyfriend an kids have been a God send. From changing my pads for drainage to emptying my drains. He has even went to the store to buy more maxi pads or my incision. Now that's love lol :) he told me my back looks great! I haven't looked but I can feel the difference. My tummy is very swollen. But its going down by the moment. So I have faith it will look great. All in all I am very happy with my decision. He stapled my which was a little shocking but he had too cause he pulled me so tight. Anyway praise the lord and good luck to everyone else getting ready to go through this journey. Ill post pics tomorrow. I'm too hunched over to post tonight.