DermaPen is Good for Acne Scars - Darwin

DermaPen treatment makes my skin smoother and the...

DermaPen treatment makes my skin smoother and the healing time is fast. The clinician put some numbing cream on my cheeks 40mins before the treatment. Therefore, it is not hurting at all but you might feel like someone is using the facial cleaning brush and brushing your face. The clinician said that I can put on mineral foundation 2 days later after the treatment.

Georgina Lee

I went for my 1st DermaPen treatment on 8 of September, and after 1 week, i see some improvement on my cheeks. My cheeks looked smoother 1 week later, and some small acne scars are less visible now. Will have my 2nd DermaPen treatment in October.

What did you use for after treatment care?
Everyone on here interested in derma roller should go on owndoc.com it will answer pretty much every question you have give you detailed instructions on how its done and give u every tool needed down to the cleaning solution all at an awesome price. U can do this from home and save hundreds of dollars.
Where can we buy the real derma pens from? Thanks
owndoc.com
I think they can be purchased only by licensed practitioners. There is a version on Amazon, or you can Google "dermapen", and buy one made in China for about $150. Dermarolling is the older and more widely known tool. They also can be purchased online. Dr. Loren Pinkart has a website called Skin Biology that explains rolling and he also sells products to use with it, they are copper peptides. There are also good rollers that come from Australia, where rolling is very popular. It's pretty safe, it doesn't hurt much, and depending on how consistent you are, your skin will show great improvement. Like anything that you do at home, it is hard to stay consistent, even with your nightly regimen.
his is for dermarolling at home you can purchase rollers with needles up to 2.0mm, but don't take my word for it check it out for yourself www.owndoc.com
Touchscreen
I purchased a dermal roller for the body from my dermatologists office. It is in the shape of a "mouse", and has three rollers on it. It is very easy to maneuver, and the needles are very short, probably .25mm. I have already seen some improvement on a laser scar I received from VelaShape II, and also some "saggy" looking skin in the ab region. I was told that the treatment can be done two to three times per week, and the device lasts for 124 treatments, or about a year. So far I'm really liking it.
how are your results these days? very interested in this procedure.
How did your 2nd treatment look? Pics? Thank you so much for sharing! :)
I purchased a tool referred to as a dermal "mouse", from my dermatologist. The nurse said several of their patients are using it for scar treatment and in general for skin improvement. It is shaped like the mouse you use for your computer, and has three rollers on it. It is designed for 124 treatments, approximately a year of use. She recommends using two times a week on the body for lax skin, among other skin issues. It cost $175, and she said it was being sold on line, however, it is not the same device, and cautioned against buying that way. I have used it twice now, and see definite improvement in a laser burn I received from the VelaShape procedure on my legs. A deeper scar that I received, however, does not show improvement yet. She showed me how to use the device, and they sell it for home use. The office uses dermal rolling and the dermapen device, also using PRP, platelet rich plasma, for enhanced results. I haven't tried those procedures yet.
Thank you for posting ! There are surprising not a lot of dermal needling results that arnt marketing for the company selling the rollers/ pens or the generic photos they splash around for all the needling results pics . I'm re covering from huge post laser damage that pretty much ruined my life . So thanks for posting , please update with any further results and any other details regarding the produre inc needle depth , serums , healing times ect , it would be much appreciated from community members . Happy healing :)
Working with 0.5 mm on up, this should be a professional treatment only, performed by either a M.D. or a Dermapen certified and trained nurse practitioner esthetician, altho it's not legal in all states for estheticians to use needles. In California, estheticians can perform microneedling if they are already registered permanent makeup technicians (who work with needles already).
hi there DonutGirl, I just want to ask how old were your acne scars when you started to have dermapen treatment?
Wow! Those are really nice results. I have been using the single needling technique on my upper lip lines. I started doing the lines every 2 weeks for 3 months. I use Retin A and Vit. C right after needling. I am absolutely amazed with the results. At first I was a little scared because after that initial swelling went down, the wrinkles actually looked worse for a few weeks. Then the lines started to decrease. Now, a year and a half later...I am doing another round just like last time. Why? Because the lines are almost gone. In fact there are a few that are totally gone, so I am going to work on the rest. I suspect, because of the results so far, that this will take the lines that are left completely away. My biggest regret is that I didn't take any before pictures so that I had a record of this. Needling has already changed my life...I don't hide my lips behind my hands anymore...I smile and show my beautiful, non-wrinkled mouth!! Valerie LPN
I don't know about this technique. Where did you learn about it? And, where did you buy the needle? Would love to try it!
I bought the single tattoo needle on E-bay....learned about it by researching "skin needling"" online...hope thie heled
Thanks! Can you tell me your technique? Do you pierce the actual line, or simply puncture the entire area? Where did you learn about this, is there a site? Would love to see a demonstration. I have done dermarolling on my upper lip with no results, so I'm ready to try something else.
Retin-A and Vitamin C, what brand name?
Wow thats quite an improvement. Are you currently maintaining the results?
dermapen will creat thousands hundreds of thin road into the skin and lead in the cosmetic and products, also it can cure acne, wrinkle, etc
I'm a Dermapen practitioner - Dermapen should never be used on active acne, and it is not a cure for acne. In fact, there is no cure for acne; it can only be controlled.
what to use after care ?
hi what should we use after the procedure which products?triluma,vit c serum or vit e for oral
I recommend Derma Roller to be done by a skin care professional. Never buy a made-in-china cheap roller from Amazon.. There are techniques for derma roller and protocols.. I read tons of reviews of derma-rollers in amazon and these people don't know what they are doing. I love the way professionals do derma-roller in Australia. Contrary clients down here in the U.S. who think they are doing a great job by shopping for the lowest quality rollers on amazon and ebay.