Neck Lipo-sculpture (Lipo-suction) - Danville, CA

During my first visit to get a rhinoplasty...

During my first visit to get a rhinoplasty estimate, I had asked the doctor if exercise would help my neck that was just starting to lose some elasticity. He recommended neck lipo-suction. I was shocked and told him that I didn’t have any fat to suction. He said that it didn’t matter because the procedure creates an adhesive that will tighten the skin on my neck. It just didn’t make sense to me so I wasn’t interested but 3 times the doctor and his assistant spoke of this “scarring that creates an adhesive which tightens the neck” so I began to think it must actually work. After changing my mind back and forth, on my last appointment before the surgery, I was talked back into this surgery.

I had horrible results. I am one who works out several times a week, has always been in great shape and looks young for my age. Something went terribly wrong and for two months, I would not leave the house without a scarf or turtleneck. I was so embarrassed that I kept my office door closed.

My neck is still tender and sore, swollen, and saggy. I kept asking them if it was ok to have all these surgeries at once and was always told it was better to have them all at once. Well apparently, wearing a chin strap is an important part of the recovery process and because of my brow lift, I was not given one to wear until a week later but by then my neck muscles appeared to have collapsed and I had swelling all the way to my collar bone and around my neck. No risks were ever mentioned to me about this surgery and I never signed a consent form.

July 20, 2012 - 8 months post Just added 2 more...

July 20, 2012 - 8 months post

Just added 2 more photos. The 2nd to last photo was taken 2 months before surgery and the last photo is at nearly 8 months post surgery. Unbelievable. These surgeries were supposed to help me look and feel better but instead have hurt me in many ways from low self-esteem and confidence, embarrassment, depression, etc.

Be careful people...do your homework and be very selective picking your surgeons..... better yet..love your natural self and beauty.

added photo

Here’s a photo that was taken one month post. The amount of swelling was substantial and lasted so long that the skin on my neck has been permanently stretched and is now very saggy. Again, I was told to do this as a preventative measure to tighten the neck. I can’t believe I fell for this. The doctor actually told me that my neck looked like this because of the way I was standing when he couldn’t take a decent photo. He also said that I didn’t need to be covering it up with turtle necks and scarves because I looked fine.

My looks have been permanently RUINED

This photo was taken yesterday (7-16-14). I was very embarrassed as someone posted it online. It’s been well over 2 and ½ years so it’s pretty safe to say that this is my final disastrous result. My previous neck was near perfect but I was told over and over again by Dr. Cheng and his staff that I should have this procedure done since I was already taking the time off work and had the surgery room paid for, as a preventive measure. They all repeated the same sales gimmick line that this procedure creates an adhesive that prevents any future sagging. They have ruined my looks and instead of apologizing or trying to rectify this horrible outcome, I was told that I look amazing and didn't need to be covering up my neck. Dr. Cheng and his assistant hid from me, stopped any communication with me and attempted to have the other doctor do some damage control by telling me how wonderful they all are. Be careful people…just because some surgeons may have a nice office and wear a white coat doesn't mean they’re not money-grubbing sociopaths.
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

I would sue him. Can he do a facelift to take the neck wrinkles out?
Thank you but I really want nothing more to do with that doctor or his employees. He has proven himself to be not only inexperienced but untrustworthy. They’ve ruined the quality of my life immensely by their deception and I can’t even explain the degree of pain they’ve caused me. I hope and pray no others ever fall victim to that office again.
Sorry this is very unfortunate that your ps was NOT experienced and did this to you. I hope another ps can rectify this disfigurement and you can walk around without scarfs and not be embarrassed. Best Wishes,i hope it a works out for you.
Thank you very much!
Have a good day.
I am so very sorry that you went thru this. You should look into a malpractice attorney. No one should have to go thru this. I am praying you find someone who can help you.
Thank you!
Was your doctor board certified? You sound very like a very intelligent woman so I'm sure he is. If I were you, I would make a complaint to whatever places he is a member of. I'm sure there's a place online to find out the names and phone numbers to complain. And if you didn't sign a consent form I would sue. I'm so sorry this happened to you! I can't imagine how horrible you feel. I'm sure there are some good surgeons in your area that can do a lower face lift and during that procedure they can remove the excess skin from your neck. Please continue to update us. My prayers are with you!
Thank you Susan. I appreciate your input and thoughtfulness.
Wow so sad these Drs dont take their jobs seriously and take pride in their work. Im sure a neck lift would help to remove skin. Im no dr though, not sure about chin implants if he ruined your chin area. Im sure you looked into all that. I realize its very scary to trust any of them now. :( im right there with you.
I'm sorry about your experience. I pray that things will get better for you. There's a reason why your name is faith. Don't lose hope..
Thank you very much for your kind words and prayers. My real name is not Faith but as you said...I need to keep the Faith that some day my situation will improve.
I kinda figured it's not your real name. Pls keep us posted and don't lose hope. You will find a kind doctor who will understand your situation and what you've been through. Please keep us posted. Wish you the best! Xx
So sorry to hear about your situation. You must take action. This doctor must be hold liable. I had "Laser Assisted Lipo" to my chin area and now entering my 5th month. I was advised 6 mths for full results. Before my procedure, I had a heavy chin/sagging skin (turkey neck). I did not do much research on "The SmartLipo procedure" as I should have, therefore, I was in for big surprise. At this point (4-5 months), I thought I would see sufficient results. I see somewhat of a contour, however, I noticed my left side (side view) is fuller than my right. I still have loose, uneven (dents) excess skin under my chin area. It is very disturbing and the healing process has taken a toll because I expected better. My husband is not happy and does not want to comment on my results. I too, feel embrassed that people are looking at how my neck is sagging. I still wear my compression garment at bedtime and will continue to do so until my 6 mths are up. Wishing best of luck.
Best of luck to you and thank you for your concern. Plastic surgery has ruined my looks...it's heartbreaking. This doctor may not be man enough or honorable enough to make things right with me but I know that one way or another he will pay and pay dearly. This is the legacy that he has created and is leaving for his children, colleagues, and loved ones to remember him by. In the end, a person is not measured by the amount of money they made but by the way they treated people.
Without a doubt this doctor lied to you from the start. Even I know your surgeon should have recommended genioplasty, an additive and not subtractive approach for your particular anatomy; and also never should have done liposuction without also addressing redundant skin. I think you need to post a question for experts. I've seen numerous botched neck patients get lots of expert advice. I feel certain this can be reversed and would be worth saving up money for.
Thank you very much for your advice. I have been trying to save money but as bad as my neck looks now, two other botched surgeries that were performed at the same time, by the same surgeon, top my list for revisions. I never imagined that a doctor and his employees would lie about something so serious. It's a horrible situation to be in....
Oh, you poor thing! I hope you are suing this doctor! Can you go in for a neck lift to correct this? How awful for you.
Hi Globaljuju, thank you for your comment. I would love to have this fixed but this surgeon also ruined my nose/breathing so I'm saving to have that fixed first. I had requested a refund but he did not reply or respond to any of the issues I am facing. He and his assistant acted like there wasn't anything wrong my results and I was told that I now look "amazing."
He thinks his work is "amazing"? You have to wonder why surgeons like this are not on the same page as everyone else. Did their parents raise them to believe they can do no wrong? Do they need glasses? Whatever it is, botched surgery like this needs to be exposed so others can be aware. Make sure whoever does your revision(s) agrees these results are cosmetically unacceptable; otherwise, don't let them touch you.
It was actually his assistant who said that I look amazing. Just one of many lies. He told me that my neck looked fine and that I didn't need to be covering it up.
I'm trying to figure out what happened??? How did your neck/skin end up worse than before???
Perhaps because I didn't really have much fat there, my insides were injured from the procedure as it hurt and was tender for a long time. I also believe that wearing the chin strap is an important part of the recovery as it prevents swelling but because I also had a brow lift (another bad outcome), he didn't give me the chin strap to wear until a week later. By then I had swelled up like a blow fish and it took many months or longer to go down. When the swelling finally was gone, my skin was stretched and now sags.
Just saw your heartbreaking story and encourage you to keep searching for someone with lots of necklift experience and prove cosmetic competence with his actual patient results photos. That's what I did and it eventually ended my nightmare. Care Credit is definitely a good option to help pay for it once you commit to turning this whole nightmare around. I didn't choose the final surgeon until after 7 interviews. Take advantage of as many free consultations as possible, because honestly, my final pick ended up offering his advice for free. Wish you the best of luck and keep everyone posted.
Hi CBaker, funny that you mention Care Credit as I was just researching it earlier today. From what I could gather, it looks like if under 18 months, there is no interest? I'll look more into it but don't want to get in over my head and not sure if it only pertains to medically necessary verses cosmetic...thanks very much for the advice. I'll check to see if you did a review and if not I may send you an email to learn more of your experience, if that's ok. Thank you