Neck Lipo-sculpture (Lipo-suction) - Danville, CA

During my first visit to get a rhinoplasty...

During my first visit to get a rhinoplasty estimate, I had asked the doctor if exercise would help my neck that was just starting to lose some elasticity. He recommended neck lipo-suction. I was shocked and told him that I didn’t have any fat to suction. He said that it didn’t matter because the procedure creates an adhesive that will tighten the skin on my neck. It just didn’t make sense to me so I wasn’t interested but 3 times the doctor and his assistant spoke of this “scarring that creates an adhesive which tightens the neck” so I began to think it must actually work. After changing my mind back and forth, on my last appointment before the surgery, I was talked back into this surgery.

I had horrible results. I am one who works out several times a week, has always been in great shape and looks young for my age. Something went terribly wrong and for two months, I would not leave the house without a scarf or turtleneck. I was so embarrassed that I kept my office door closed.

My neck is still tender and sore, swollen, and saggy. I kept asking them if it was ok to have all these surgeries at once and was always told it was better to have them all at once. Well apparently, wearing a chin strap is an important part of the recovery process and because of my brow lift, I was not given one to wear until a week later but by then my neck muscles appeared to have collapsed and I had swelling all the way to my collar bone and around my neck. No risks were ever mentioned to me about this surgery and I never signed a consent form.

July 20, 2012 - 8 months post Just added 2 more...

July 20, 2012 - 8 months post

Just added 2 more photos. The 2nd to last photo was taken 2 months before surgery and the last photo is at nearly 8 months post surgery. Unbelievable. These surgeries were supposed to help me look and feel better but instead have hurt me in many ways from low self-esteem and confidence, embarrassment, depression, etc.

Be careful people...do your homework and be very selective picking your surgeons..... better yet..love your natural self and beauty.

added photo

Here’s a photo that was taken one month post. The amount of swelling was substantial and lasted so long that the skin on my neck has been permanently stretched and is now very saggy. Again, I was told to do this as a preventative measure to tighten the neck. I can’t believe I fell for this. The doctor actually told me that my neck looked like this because of the way I was standing when he couldn’t take a decent photo. He also said that I didn’t need to be covering it up with turtle necks and scarves because I looked fine.
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dear Faith2012, I am so very sorry to hear about your bad plastic surgery experiences. My heart aches for you- I feel you when you say you will never be the same girl again and it's almost a mourning of your former face :( I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Have you looked into CareCredit or any other options that allow you to pay over a period of time and not just up front? I had enough saved to pay cash for the whole procedure, pretty much all of my savings. I now will be using. Care Credit because I don't have the money now to pay all at once. I wish you the best and I have faith that you can fix these these things! Keep your head up pretty lady (: all the best, Christine
Thank you Christine! Best wishes to you and I hope you get fixed to your liking as well. I'll look into Care Credit and still searching for a surgeon who is a good match for me. Thanks for the support.
Oh, dear, I'm so sorry for what happened. I had a botched rhinoplasty that has left me in so much physical and mental pain. I will have to have a revision because it is not just about vanity, but the fact that I can't even breathe. But that will be the last surgery I will ever have. You are right, I will learn to love my natural self.
I know words can only do so much as it is only the internet but you are here with many people like yourself you feel your pain. sending you strength.
thank you suchatrip...your kind words are very much appreciated
omg IM so sorry this happen he need to be sued for malpractice!
Thank you....I should have...has caused me and continues to cause much grief.
Don't lose faith-you need to make the changes and although you have other important financial responsibilities you will be a better mother and wife when your confidence is restored! You are still very beautiful!
Sue. Him.
I will probably always regret not doing so but it isn't easy and I was so depressed and distraught that I really didn't have the energy or ambition. I so much regret ever stepping foot in that office. Beware people...dishonest people are every where.
Very very true. It is hard for good people to see how another could be so awful, it is hard to comprehend that some can be so deceiving. Praying for you, Faith!
Thank you very much! Appreciate that!
I went to doctor to discuss Ulthera for the fat in the chin and then they recommended Exilis to tighen the skin. Since you already did the lipo, I would recommend checking out Exilis to see if that might help you.
thank you...I'll look into it.
Edit to my post below, sorry I made a typo, it was meant to say it reduces it WITHOUT leaving sagging!
To Faith2012 and others that have had this type of result, please try a much less expensive option such as Tripollar STOP or Tripollar POSE for firming up and fat reduction on your necks. I'm not connected in any way with Tripollar, I had a double chin myself which I am using the POSE for (the STOP is meant for face and the POSE is meant for body so reduces far more fat) and my double-chin is nearly gone now, it reduces it with leaving sagging. It uses radio frequency technology to melt the fat and makes your skin produce new collagen and become more youthful. There are other brands out there too and if you're careful you can order cheap ones from China (there is a company called DHGate.com that is an intermediary and doesn't release your funds to the seller of the device until you are happy it is received undamaged and in full working order) so your purchase is pretty risk free. You might be able to find one on eBay alternatively. Look for RF, radio frequency or tripolar machine (or the Tripollar branded one) on eBay (there are also monopolar and bipolar ones but the more poles it has the more effective it will be). It's worth a try for a few hundred dollars rather than having to pay thousands for surgical revision. Best of luck.
Wow your post is making me think twice about getting chin lipo. I think you're right - that the negative results may have been caused by not wearing the chin strap, causing your skin to be stretched from uncontrolled swelling. Personally, I've dealt with loose skin before from pregnancy. Dr. Pickart's copper peptides along with MSM, Vitamin C, and flaxseed supplements help, but the process can take a while. Thanks for posting these pictures.
You're very welcome.  Someplace I have another photo that shows my neck even more swollen than the photos I currently have posted...I'll post when I find it.  It's good to think twice so you're sure this is something you really want.  I should have never had this done as you can see from my pre-op photos, I didn't need it.  I trusted and relied on the wrong people for answers to my questions.  Not everyone has your best interest in mind and its important to know the risks.  Best of luck to you!
Faith! Haven't seen this pictures before! That's unbelievable! And I can't believe he said that the surgery was not meant to make the neck firmer! This doctors SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE!
I agree Maria.  My looks have been ruined.
Hopefully the cortisone will help reduce the swelling. My guess is that I stayed swollen for much too long which permanently stretched the skin on my neck. I'm glad that your doctor is at least acknowledging that you have a problem. My doctor acted like my neck was fine and said there was no need for me to be covering it up with turtleneck sweaters and scarfs. He also said (post-op) that this surgery was not meant to make the neck firmer so I told him "then why did you recommend it?"
I'm sorry Jean but I don't have any advice that can help you but know that these surgeons should not being doing liposuction in this delicate area when not needed. I am still a little tender and it's been 10 months for me. In the beginning I swelled up like a blowfish and stayed like that for a very long time. It was very embarrassing. Now the swelling has finally subsided and I've been left with a saggy neck. I didn't have a saggy skin before the surgery. It was foolish for me to believe their sales gimmick of "scar tissue creates an adhesive." I do hope you get better soon. I'm very sorry and know how frustrating this can be. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Thanks. I also looked like a blowfish and was given cortisone to alleviate it. I am very disappointed one month into this.
Your PS should not be in business to treat you that way. i believe that a neck lift, performed by an ASPS certified ps could correct your problems. The best PS in the world are in LA; many specialize in revision surgeries from "doctors" like Cheng