Neck Lipo-sculpture (Lipo-suction) - Danville, CA

During my first visit to get a rhinoplasty...

During my first visit to get a rhinoplasty estimate, I had asked the doctor if exercise would help my neck that was just starting to lose some elasticity. He recommended neck lipo-suction. I was shocked and told him that I didn’t have any fat to suction. He said that it didn’t matter because the procedure creates an adhesive that will tighten the skin on my neck. It just didn’t make sense to me so I wasn’t interested but 3 times the doctor and his assistant spoke of this “scarring that creates an adhesive which tightens the neck” so I began to think it must actually work. After changing my mind back and forth, on my last appointment before the surgery, I was talked back into this surgery.

I had horrible results. I am one who works out several times a week, has always been in great shape and looks young for my age. Something went terribly wrong and for two months, I would not leave the house without a scarf or turtleneck. I was so embarrassed that I kept my office door closed.

My neck is still tender and sore, swollen, and saggy. I kept asking them if it was ok to have all these surgeries at once and was always told it was better to have them all at once. Well apparently, wearing a chin strap is an important part of the recovery process and because of my brow lift, I was not given one to wear until a week later but by then my neck muscles appeared to have collapsed and I had swelling all the way to my collar bone and around my neck. No risks were ever mentioned to me about this surgery and I never signed a consent form.

July 20, 2012 - 8 months post Just added 2 more...

July 20, 2012 - 8 months post

Just added 2 more photos. The 2nd to last photo was taken 2 months before surgery and the last photo is at nearly 8 months post surgery. Unbelievable. These surgeries were supposed to help me look and feel better but instead have hurt me in many ways from low self-esteem and confidence, embarrassment, depression, etc.

Be careful people...do your homework and be very selective picking your surgeons..... better yet..love your natural self and beauty.

added photo

Here’s a photo that was taken one month post. The amount of swelling was substantial and lasted so long that the skin on my neck has been permanently stretched and is now very saggy. Again, I was told to do this as a preventative measure to tighten the neck. I can’t believe I fell for this. The doctor actually told me that my neck looked like this because of the way I was standing when he couldn’t take a decent photo. He also said that I didn’t need to be covering it up with turtle necks and scarves because I looked fine.

My looks have been permanently RUINED

This photo was taken yesterday (7-16-14). I was very embarrassed as someone posted it online. It’s been well over 2 and ½ years so it’s pretty safe to say that this is my final disastrous result. My previous neck was near perfect but I was told over and over again by Dr. Cheng and his staff that I should have this procedure done since I was already taking the time off work and had the surgery room paid for, as a preventive measure. They all repeated the same sales gimmick line that this procedure creates an adhesive that prevents any future sagging. They have ruined my looks and instead of apologizing or trying to rectify this horrible outcome, I was told that I look amazing and didn't need to be covering up my neck. Dr. Cheng and his assistant hid from me, stopped any communication with me and attempted to have the other doctor do some damage control by telling me how wonderful they all are. Be careful people…just because some surgeons may have a nice office and wear a white coat doesn't mean they’re not money-grubbing sociopaths.
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

So sorry to hear about your situation. You must take action. This doctor must be hold liable. I had "Laser Assisted Lipo" to my chin area and now entering my 5th month. I was advised 6 mths for full results. Before my procedure, I had a heavy chin/sagging skin (turkey neck). I did not do much research on "The SmartLipo procedure" as I should have, therefore, I was in for big surprise. At this point (4-5 months), I thought I would see sufficient results. I see somewhat of a contour, however, I noticed my left side (side view) is fuller than my right. I still have loose, uneven (dents) excess skin under my chin area. It is very disturbing and the healing process has taken a toll because I expected better. My husband is not happy and does not want to comment on my results. I too, feel embrassed that people are looking at how my neck is sagging. I still wear my compression garment at bedtime and will continue to do so until my 6 mths are up. Wishing best of luck.
Best of luck to you and thank you for your concern. Plastic surgery has ruined my looks...it's heartbreaking. This doctor may not be man enough or honorable enough to make things right with me but I know that one way or another he will pay and pay dearly. This is the legacy that he has created and is leaving for his children, colleagues, and loved ones to remember him by. In the end, a person is not measured by the amount of money they made but by the way they treated people.
Without a doubt this doctor lied to you from the start. Even I know your surgeon should have recommended genioplasty, an additive and not subtractive approach for your particular anatomy; and also never should have done liposuction without also addressing redundant skin. I think you need to post a question for experts. I've seen numerous botched neck patients get lots of expert advice. I feel certain this can be reversed and would be worth saving up money for.
Thank you very much for your advice. I have been trying to save money but as bad as my neck looks now, two other botched surgeries that were performed at the same time, by the same surgeon, top my list for revisions. I never imagined that a doctor and his employees would lie about something so serious. It's a horrible situation to be in....
Oh, you poor thing! I hope you are suing this doctor! Can you go in for a neck lift to correct this? How awful for you.
Hi Globaljuju, thank you for your comment. I would love to have this fixed but this surgeon also ruined my nose/breathing so I'm saving to have that fixed first. I had requested a refund but he did not reply or respond to any of the issues I am facing. He and his assistant acted like there wasn't anything wrong my results and I was told that I now look "amazing."
He thinks his work is "amazing"? You have to wonder why surgeons like this are not on the same page as everyone else. Did their parents raise them to believe they can do no wrong? Do they need glasses? Whatever it is, botched surgery like this needs to be exposed so others can be aware. Make sure whoever does your revision(s) agrees these results are cosmetically unacceptable; otherwise, don't let them touch you.
It was actually his assistant who said that I look amazing. Just one of many lies. He told me that my neck looked fine and that I didn't need to be covering it up.
I'm trying to figure out what happened??? How did your neck/skin end up worse than before???
Perhaps because I didn't really have much fat there, my insides were injured from the procedure as it hurt and was tender for a long time. I also believe that wearing the chin strap is an important part of the recovery as it prevents swelling but because I also had a brow lift (another bad outcome), he didn't give me the chin strap to wear until a week later. By then I had swelled up like a blow fish and it took many months or longer to go down. When the swelling finally was gone, my skin was stretched and now sags.
Just saw your heartbreaking story and encourage you to keep searching for someone with lots of necklift experience and prove cosmetic competence with his actual patient results photos. That's what I did and it eventually ended my nightmare. Care Credit is definitely a good option to help pay for it once you commit to turning this whole nightmare around. I didn't choose the final surgeon until after 7 interviews. Take advantage of as many free consultations as possible, because honestly, my final pick ended up offering his advice for free. Wish you the best of luck and keep everyone posted.
Hi CBaker, funny that you mention Care Credit as I was just researching it earlier today. From what I could gather, it looks like if under 18 months, there is no interest? I'll look more into it but don't want to get in over my head and not sure if it only pertains to medically necessary verses cosmetic...thanks very much for the advice. I'll check to see if you did a review and if not I may send you an email to learn more of your experience, if that's ok. Thank you
I reviewed two who didn't help me and three who did. The final great result was with Raghu Athre M.D. who did my revision necklift, and he also just did the revision rhinoplasty on someone you commented on, which is where I saw your post and then checked your profile. If you were in Houston, he'd be the one I'd recommend. He also does long distance consultations, still complimentary I believe, and might know someone in your part of the country who does good work. Wouldn't hurt to try a consultation. But check out his website first to see if you like the work he's done and I'll paste a video link of a t.v. appearance with a necklift patient he did at the end of this message. He understands patients want beautiful natural long-lasting results and that's what he strives for. He's not into wasting people's money on half-baked results. Here's the video link: http://www.athrefacialplastics.com/wp-content/uploads/khou-11%20gdh%20mh%20nw%204-15-14.mp4
So sorry to read this. I pray for things to get better for you. Maybe there is medical teaching hospital that would help you. I see so many bad results from chin lipo. I had my doctor cut by hand the fat all around the chin muscle and then stitch up tight the muscle. He did that but I have so much loose skin from weight loss that my skin still hangs under the chin. I had one revision and stitches come out Monday....I'm upset that I still see skin on the side. It's amazing this doctor did a great job on my eyes, cheeks and boobs but so bad on my chin. Bless you.
Thank you Rainbow. I wish I would have never had anything done...its been the biggest mistake (by far) of my life. I wake up every morning and my heart sinks when I remember what has happened to me. I hope it works out better for you and only gets better in time. Thanks for your kinds words.
Dear Faith2012, I am so very sorry to hear about your bad plastic surgery experiences. My heart aches for you- I feel you when you say you will never be the same girl again and it's almost a mourning of your former face :( I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Have you looked into CareCredit or any other options that allow you to pay over a period of time and not just up front? I had enough saved to pay cash for the whole procedure, pretty much all of my savings. I now will be using. Care Credit because I don't have the money now to pay all at once. I wish you the best and I have faith that you can fix these these things! Keep your head up pretty lady (: all the best, Christine
Thank you Christine! Best wishes to you and I hope you get fixed to your liking as well. I'll look into Care Credit and still searching for a surgeon who is a good match for me. Thanks for the support.
Oh, dear, I'm so sorry for what happened. I had a botched rhinoplasty that has left me in so much physical and mental pain. I will have to have a revision because it is not just about vanity, but the fact that I can't even breathe. But that will be the last surgery I will ever have. You are right, I will learn to love my natural self.
I know words can only do so much as it is only the internet but you are here with many people like yourself you feel your pain. sending you strength.
thank you suchatrip...your kind words are very much appreciated
omg IM so sorry this happen he need to be sued for malpractice!
Thank you....I should have...has caused me and continues to cause much grief.
Don't lose faith-you need to make the changes and although you have other important financial responsibilities you will be a better mother and wife when your confidence is restored! You are still very beautiful!
Sue. Him.
I will probably always regret not doing so but it isn't easy and I was so depressed and distraught that I really didn't have the energy or ambition. I so much regret ever stepping foot in that office. Beware people...dishonest people are every where.