Neck Lipo-sculpture (Lipo-suction) - Danville, CA

During my first visit to get a rhinoplasty...

During my first visit to get a rhinoplasty estimate, I had asked the doctor if exercise would help my neck that was just starting to lose some elasticity. He recommended neck lipo-suction. I was shocked and told him that I didn’t have any fat to suction. He said that it didn’t matter because the procedure creates an adhesive that will tighten the skin on my neck. It just didn’t make sense to me so I wasn’t interested but 3 times the doctor and his assistant spoke of this “scarring that creates an adhesive which tightens the neck” so I began to think it must actually work. After changing my mind back and forth, on my last appointment before the surgery, I was talked back into this surgery.

I had horrible results. I am one who works out several times a week, has always been in great shape and looks young for my age. Something went terribly wrong and for two months, I would not leave the house without a scarf or turtleneck. I was so embarrassed that I kept my office door closed.

My neck is still tender and sore, swollen, and saggy. I kept asking them if it was ok to have all these surgeries at once and was always told it was better to have them all at once. Well apparently, wearing a chin strap is an important part of the recovery process and because of my brow lift, I was not given one to wear until a week later but by then my neck muscles appeared to have collapsed and I had swelling all the way to my collar bone and around my neck. No risks were ever mentioned to me about this surgery and I never signed a consent form.

July 20, 2012 - 8 months post Just added 2 more...

July 20, 2012 - 8 months post

Just added 2 more photos. The 2nd to last photo was taken 2 months before surgery and the last photo is at nearly 8 months post surgery. Unbelievable. These surgeries were supposed to help me look and feel better but instead have hurt me in many ways from low self-esteem and confidence, embarrassment, depression, etc.

Be careful people...do your homework and be very selective picking your surgeons..... better yet..love your natural self and beauty.

added photo

Here’s a photo that was taken one month post. The amount of swelling was substantial and lasted so long that the skin on my neck has been permanently stretched and is now very saggy. Again, I was told to do this as a preventative measure to tighten the neck. I can’t believe I fell for this. The doctor actually told me that my neck looked like this because of the way I was standing when he couldn’t take a decent photo. He also said that I didn’t need to be covering it up with turtle necks and scarves because I looked fine.

My looks have been permanently RUINED

This photo was taken yesterday (7-16-14). I was very embarrassed as someone posted it online. It’s been well over 2 and ½ years so it’s pretty safe to say that this is my final disastrous result. My previous neck was near perfect but I was told over and over again by Dr. Cheng and his staff that I should have this procedure done since I was already taking the time off work and had the surgery room paid for, as a preventive measure. They all repeated the same sales gimmick line that this procedure creates an adhesive that prevents any future sagging. They have ruined my looks and instead of apologizing or trying to rectify this horrible outcome, I was told that I look amazing and didn't need to be covering up my neck. Dr. Cheng and his assistant hid from me, stopped any communication with me and attempted to have the other doctor do some damage control by telling me how wonderful they all are. Be careful people…just because some surgeons may have a nice office and wear a white coat doesn't mean they’re not money-grubbing sociopaths.
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon