Tummy Tuck, Lipo and Breast Augmentation - Dallas, TX

I had a tummy tuck, lipo to flanks and inner...

I had a tummy tuck, lipo to flanks and inner thighs and breast augmentation on Oct 9th, 2013 by Dr. John Burns. His staff pre-op, during and post-op have been extraordinary. Although I have developed some common complications, seroma and dwound separation on my TT incision, the recovery has been exactly as I expected and none of my complications are a result of Dr. burns' handiwork. His incisions are beautiful and super low.

I am 5 weeks post op and pretty sure my seroma has resolved after being drained three times. And my wound separation, while its a bummer, it too is healing, just takes a while. It does not hurt, just a bit inconvenient with the wound care 2-3 times a day.

Will try to upload some pictures later.

Dr. Burns is awesome! I would definitely do all of this with him again!

5 weeks Post Op

Had my 5 week visit with Dr Burns and all is good. Seroma seems to be on the mend along with wound separation spots. I think those will be healed over in the next couple of weeks.

For those of you spitting stitches or wound separation, know they will heal, but it does take a good deal of wound care and time. I will try and post progressive pictures tomorrow.

Swelling is still annoying, worse in the PM than the am. I still wear spanx night and day. Doc asked that I wear it another week, but may wear it even longer as it does help keep the swelling down.

Still no sleeping in tummy, but can sleep on either side. My breasts are a still little bit tender, but nothing too bad. They are beautiful. While I was massaging the scars last night ther were a couple of bumps that popped like bubble wrap. I have since discovered that was/is scar tissue and now the scars are perfectly flat, very thin lines. Dr, Burns is a magician with his incisions!

Energy levels are ok, not where I was pre surgery, but hopefully when I can start exercising in about a week, it will boost my metabolism and give me back my perkiness.

Happy healing ladies! It's a long road but will be so worth it in the end.

PICTURES - especially of wound separation for those of you fighting that battle.

Ok - here are some pictures. I do not have any from before. My doc took a ton so it didn't even occur to me to take some. I wasn't that bad, just had a pooch and a little overhang where my old C-section scar was.

And by the way, this recovery was MUCH harder than C-section. They are not the same.

Happy Healing ladies - you all have made this journey much easier for me by sharing all of your stories.

3 days shy of 6 weeks

And I seem to have turned the corner from swell hell. Still swelling, especially late in the day, but not like before. At 6 weeks, I am released from compression according to doc, but not sure I will actually give it up. Have been wearing spanx most of the time anyway. Still have some hard spots on thighs from lipo. Wished those would go away. And wished the lady parts weren't still swollen. Hard to be sexy with any of THAT!

I also am released for light exercise in three days, although I lifted some light weights this morning. After being so sedentary, I feel like a blob (especially with swelling).

Here's an interesting note: bra shopping for the new girls has not been fun. They don't seem to fit in the Demi cups I like, or they don't make them in them in 38D or 38DD. And the full coverage bras feel like a turtle neck. I didnt spend all this money on these amazing boobs to put them in a huge grandma bra. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

New pics for 6 weeks coming up on the "official" day.

Oh and speaking of boobs, still a bit tender. How long does that last?

Cheers to you!

It's been a YEAR!!!!

I am thrilled to say it's been a full year since my surgery. I had some complications with spitting stitches, seroma and wound healing, but I would still do it again.

The down side, I've gained 20 pounds since surgery:-( So it's up to me to get that off and the results I want. I started HCG injections a week ago and have lost 10.8 pounds. My goal is drop a total of 40.

I am 5'9" tall and this mornings weight was 201. HCG, while restrictive, is a piece of cake. I am not hungry, I do not have food cravings and the shape of my body is changing before my eyes. If you plan on doing this though - please go through a reputable physician. I've heard some awful stories.

On one of my side photos, it looks like I have a dog ear/indentation on my hip. That is a result of my trick photography, I really do not have that. Or if I do, it's not as noticeable as in the photo, it doesn't bother me.

I wore bikini bottoms this summer for the first time in forever and it was wonderful. Took me a while to be comfortable in my own skin though.

Belly button is not my favorite. Another area where I spit stitches. The shape is fine, its the colorization around it that I do not like. It is fading and I think with time, it will go away completely.

Boobs are amazing! Love them, love them, love them. It's a shame I can't run around topless!

My incision! It gave me the fits as you can see from previous photos, but on the plus side, all those spots that were open, eventually, there will be no scar there at all, not even the thin line. The redness is fading slowly, but going away it is. The rest of my incision is a very thin line. Very happy with placement and how low it is. So those of you dealing with delayed healing, or open spots, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We won't back bounce as quickly as some of the other beauties, but eventually, we too will look MARVELOUS naked.

Here's what I know for certain one year later. Stay on top of your weight. Use a scale, not your clothes. You will not gain weight in the same places as you have in the past and 20 pounds can sneak up on you and you will not even know it. For me, I have gained weight very proportionally (which is a good thing), but it, indeed, did sneak up on me. Now, I've got to get it off.

Super happy with the results. The pictures don't do justice - I think they look worse than I do in person. (Camera and the 10 pounds things). So keep the faith beauties - it's all worth it in the end. But most importantly, if you think you are beautiful, that's the most important opinion in the world and you most definitely ARE!

Again, my many thanks to Dr. Burns and his staff. They are so wonderful and I picked the best surgeon in Dallas!

Close up of Belly Button - I left her out on the previous post

Bummer!

Taking all those pictures was exhausting and with the extra weight, kinda depressing.

HCG - SUCCESS THUS FAR

I am 8 days in with HCG Injections and am down 12 lbs. Already doing my research on Phase 3 (the most important - resetting your metabolism) and Phase 4 - life on the thinner side. If any of you are venturing down this path, www.hcgchica.com has some great advice and tips on getting through it.

Hunger and cravings have been non-exisistent, until today. Craving something sweet, but have not given in. Just drink more water. Will post pictures of everything at my 23rd day.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Beautiful incisions, beautiful breasts and an absolute pleasure in dealing with every member of his staff. On-site operating Facility is accredited and state of the art. Very well managed practice!