Tummy Tuck, Lipo and Breast Augmentation - Dallas, TX

I had a tummy tuck, lipo to flanks and inner...

I had a tummy tuck, lipo to flanks and inner thighs and breast augmentation on Oct 9th, 2013 by Dr. John Burns. His staff pre-op, during and post-op have been extraordinary. Although I have developed some common complications, seroma and dwound separation on my TT incision, the recovery has been exactly as I expected and none of my complications are a result of Dr. burns' handiwork. His incisions are beautiful and super low.

I am 5 weeks post op and pretty sure my seroma has resolved after being drained three times. And my wound separation, while its a bummer, it too is healing, just takes a while. It does not hurt, just a bit inconvenient with the wound care 2-3 times a day.

Will try to upload some pictures later.

Dr. Burns is awesome! I would definitely do all of this with him again!

5 weeks Post Op

Had my 5 week visit with Dr Burns and all is good. Seroma seems to be on the mend along with wound separation spots. I think those will be healed over in the next couple of weeks.

For those of you spitting stitches or wound separation, know they will heal, but it does take a good deal of wound care and time. I will try and post progressive pictures tomorrow.

Swelling is still annoying, worse in the PM than the am. I still wear spanx night and day. Doc asked that I wear it another week, but may wear it even longer as it does help keep the swelling down.

Still no sleeping in tummy, but can sleep on either side. My breasts are a still little bit tender, but nothing too bad. They are beautiful. While I was massaging the scars last night ther were a couple of bumps that popped like bubble wrap. I have since discovered that was/is scar tissue and now the scars are perfectly flat, very thin lines. Dr, Burns is a magician with his incisions!

Energy levels are ok, not where I was pre surgery, but hopefully when I can start exercising in about a week, it will boost my metabolism and give me back my perkiness.

Happy healing ladies! It's a long road but will be so worth it in the end.

PICTURES - especially of wound separation for those of you fighting that battle.

Ok - here are some pictures. I do not have any from before. My doc took a ton so it didn't even occur to me to take some. I wasn't that bad, just had a pooch and a little overhang where my old C-section scar was.

And by the way, this recovery was MUCH harder than C-section. They are not the same.

Happy Healing ladies - you all have made this journey much easier for me by sharing all of your stories.

3 days shy of 6 weeks

And I seem to have turned the corner from swell hell. Still swelling, especially late in the day, but not like before. At 6 weeks, I am released from compression according to doc, but not sure I will actually give it up. Have been wearing spanx most of the time anyway. Still have some hard spots on thighs from lipo. Wished those would go away. And wished the lady parts weren't still swollen. Hard to be sexy with any of THAT!

I also am released for light exercise in three days, although I lifted some light weights this morning. After being so sedentary, I feel like a blob (especially with swelling).

Here's an interesting note: bra shopping for the new girls has not been fun. They don't seem to fit in the Demi cups I like, or they don't make them in them in 38D or 38DD. And the full coverage bras feel like a turtle neck. I didnt spend all this money on these amazing boobs to put them in a huge grandma bra. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

New pics for 6 weeks coming up on the "official" day.

Oh and speaking of boobs, still a bit tender. How long does that last?

Cheers to you!
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Beautiful incisions, beautiful breasts and an absolute pleasure in dealing with every member of his staff. On-site operating Facility is accredited and state of the art. Very well managed practice!

Try Soma, they have very pretty demi bras and I know they go up to quite large sizes!!
I have a mimi tummy tuck, lipo of the thighs and breast augumentation on friday. I am so so nervous. Did you go through the same thing?

Thank you for sharing your experience so far! I'm glad you're on the mend. This recovery is definitely no joke and it looks like you've had it harder than some.

Even with the bumps in the road, it hasn't been that bad. I HATE asking people for help (which is not a great quality) so that has been a challenge - letting people take care of me. But - I am up and on the go, released for some light exercise next week, so it's all down hill for me baby!
Congratulations on your procedure - hope your healing process is going well. You look great. How many cc's did you get for your breast aug?
I had 450 cc's I think. It seems awfully big, but I only went up one cup size and I wanted more fullness in the upper portion of my breasts. I am very happy with how they turned out.
They look great - I'm praying mine look that perfect. I'm going to be posting my before pictures next week, I just need to build up the courage first. lol
I am going to see if I can get before's from my Doc. I understand about working up the courage. I can't bring myself to post the "Girls' in all their glory. I am not one of those gals that likes to show them to everyone - even though they are amazing!
Hang in there, girlie...the extended recovery is a bitch, isn't it? Especially when you read about girls running 14 miles a week after surgery. I was just hoping to be able to wipe my own ass three weeks out. :) Hugs your way!! xoxo
That made me laugh! There are some definite indignities to this recovery! And I'm with you, no running for me!
you look great!
Where are you pic's?
Great review an welcome to the flat side chica!!!! Happy healing vibes