Tummy Tuck & Lipo - Done and Done! Dallas, Texas

I'm having a full tummy tuck with lipo of my...

I'm having a full tummy tuck with lipo of my flanks and inner and outer thighs. I've always wanted a tummy tuck and my sweet hubby (2nd marriage - married for 1 year now) surprised me with this! Now that it's becoming a reality, I'm not as serious about it as I thought I was, lol. I've talked myself in and out of doing it several times already. BUT, God willing and the creeks don't rise, I'll be "on the flat side" as you all like to say (love it!) in just under a month. What??? :)

Pictures

So here are a couple of photos of my problem spots, lol. That's putting it gently for sure! :)
Can't wait for the flubber to be gone. :)

More About Me

I didn't put very much personal info in my original post so here goes. 46 years old and a servant of The Most High God. The most important aspect of my life! Also mom of 2 boys and 1 granddaughter. Man I love that little girl! I also adore my boys. :) I have gone through menopause (early) and what used to come off without much effort, is almost impossible to come off now. Weight. Yeah that. Lol! So, hopefully this will propel me into a more healthful mindset. Oh yes, almost 5'7" and weight 179. It only gets better from here on out!

3 Weeks From Tomorrow...!

So the ellipsis on the end just means I'm still not so sure about this. My husband is not letting me back out, though. I feel like physically I'm pretty much ready to go, but not sure about the emotional part. And I'm a very emotional person as it is. YIKES.
And here's another thing. I feed stray and feral cats in a couple locations. Who's going to take care of them while I can't? Frankly, this is one of my biggest concerns. I'm just going to pray about it and know that God will have it all under control. He always does! :)
Happy Monday ladies - be blessed today!

More Pics

I thought I'd show how clothes really do cover my flaws.

Trying again ...

They didn't load the first time!

Funny :)

One of my good friends sent me this email this morning:

Dear Flabby Flanks -

"When is your cosmetic enhancement vanity procedure to occur? Will you be able to bring yourself to speak to me and my behemoth blubbery body after you are flattened, smooth and free of unsightly cellulite? Will I be able to bring you homemade restorative healing soup even though I am still fat? If so, how shall I go about that?"

She makes me laugh so hard - love her! And she's a great cook, too, so I'll be looking forward to that soup! :)

'Twas The Night Before ...

TT & Lipo! So I decided to put my before pictures back up. I took down the ones I posted originally because I wasn't sure was going to go through with the surgery.
My hubby will pick up the recliner tomorrow. I have a drawer full of supplies and my house is mostly clean. Say a prayer for me in the morning if you think about it. See you on the flat side! :-)

I made it to the flat side, y'all! :-)

Surgery took over 5 hours but from what I can see so far is impressive. Woot! :)
I woke up quickly from anesthesia and was wide awake for an hour or two. The gave me Valium and Morphine and that knocked me out. I got the Exparel injection so pain is minimal. I keep clearing my throat though. Phlegm be gone, lol! I will stay the night in the surgery center and go home tomorrow. Thank you for the invaluable information you ladies have shared. I know it's going to so hrlpful!

Supplies, etc.

Just wanted to share some of the supplies I'm using to ensure a speedy recovery:

Liposomal Vit C (fat, not water soluble)
Juven (for tissue repair; citrus flavor)
Arnica
Bromelain
Green Tea
Prunes
Quest Protein bars
Probiotics
Colace
Blackstrap Molasses

My PS only gave me two prescriptions; antibiotic and hydrocodone.

A huge thank you to everyone who shared their supply list, I gleaned lots of good info from them.

Happy healing everyone!! :D

Supply drawer

Post-Op pics

Day 2

Hello my RS sisters! Hope everyone's doing great today. Yesterday, on day one, I had a BM, which I was soo grateful for because Id heard so many stories about not being able to, etc. I took Colace, stewed prunes, smooth move tea and boy did that do the trick! A little too good really so I was gassy but I had gas-x to remedy that situation. Ive gotten up-and-down with no problems. One RS sister suggested sitting on the toilet backwards to go pee and that works great for me - no pain at all! I'll be sending that toilet riser back! Ha ha!! One of my drains is producing very little at all while the other is doing a bit more. I've not heard from my PS's office so not sure when I should go back but I'm sure they will call me soon. Can't take a shower until I get my drains out but I don't anticipate that being more than a week. Fingers crossed! :-).

Binder & Drains

I haven't wanted to take my binder off at all. I'd rather keep it on until my visit with my PS next Wednesday. Did any of you do that? Everything looks good I just wanna stay wrapped up!

Oh yeah, the drains.

Drains are putting out less and less each day. No problems there. :-)

Praise and Gratitude

I want to express my gratitude to God in a public forum for His goodness, mercy and grace to ALL of us. He is always as close as the mention of His Name!
Sexy4life, you were right about my cats being fine. A dear friend of mine and her significant other surprised me by planning to feed in both locations for up to 4 weeks. Who does that?!?!? True friends. :-)
Another good friend brought over the most creamy, delicious homemade chicken soup, cheddar dill scones and chocolate chip cookies today. Soooooo good!
And finally, I'm sograteful to all of you for taking the time to reassure, pray, encourage and just be there - you can put a price on how huge that is. xoxoxo!!!

Typo

*cannot put a price. Gotta love updating from a phone. :)

Day 5

Moving right along in this healing process. No pain except when the drains get wonky and then POW!!!! Ouchie, lol!
Able to be up for longer periods without feeling like in going to pass out. No shower until my drains come out - hopefully on Wednesday!!

PO Day 6

Today started very early, about 6 AM. I didn't have a very good nights sleep, probably because I didn't take my major pain medication. I don't need it so don't feel like I should take it. I did crawl in to my bed for about 30 to 45 minutes this morning and it felt good. I was able to get up from a reclined position out of the bed - no problem...and I have a pretty high bed! I have very little muscle pain and I know he did major muscle repair. Also had major lipo and have very very minimal bruising. I'm so shocked! And pleased of course. :). I've thrown a load of laundry in, and may do a little bit here and there today just because I'm up to it. Ill see how it goes. I hope all you lovely ladies are recovering well and feeling great. Praying for you all!!

Last Night and PO Day 7

Good morning, lovely RS ladies! I hope everyone is having a great day!! :)
Not sure why, but I was up really early yesterday morning, not able to sleep all day even after talking Tylenol PM at around 11 pm. After around 1am I was able to doze off briefly but was jolted awake by my oscillating fan hitting the floor (I have concrete floors) TWICE! I sat bolt upright, very quickly both times. ????. I was so scared that I'd done some damage but this morning I'm okay, just a bit more sore than usual. I finally but the bullet took a hydrocodone as much as I wanted to be done with them and was able to get some much needed rest!! So much for laying off the narcotics but it sure did help.
I'm going to have a good day today and pray that all of you do, too!
I may even venture outside if I get brave enough. Haha! I live in a high rise so don't want to encounter neighbors and their questions. Not yet anyway. :)

Day 8 Post Op AND 1st Post Op Dr. Visit

Hi Ladies,
I pray you are all doing well. :) I had my first post op visit with my PS today and my drains were removed!!! I was so happy and NO, they didn't hurt a bit when she took them out - both at the same time in one fell swoop! :) My incision is healing beautifully and the stitches on the backs of my legs (didn't even know I had any there!) and bb stitches were removed. I have dissovable ones on my inner thighs (didn't know those were there, either! they were covered with tape) and those will go away on their own soon. My next visit is in two weeks.

My sweet husband and I made a quick stop to Wal-Greens for more Juven (tissue repair) before the dr. appt. After the appt we went to our favorite Mexican food restaurant in Dallas. It was SOOOO good to get out of the house. This was my first time in 8 days! We did it up right, too, lol! After eating we went to the mall to find Spanx. There is a Spanx store in this mall, but geez they're expensive. I mean we've already spent so much - and still spending, lol! I just got one garment there and went to Macy's after that to see what they had. They have a Spanx selection, too (yes, cheaper AND you can use coupons there!) but I bought another brand that I though looked good. Don't remember the name now, though. I'll let you know how these work out.

We got home and my hubby tucked me into my recliner ( I love this man so much!! He treats me like a princess!!) and then my son and his fiance came over. We had such a fun visit with them. :)

So a very eventful day after the past 7, ha! Feeling awesome about having those drains out - WOOOHOOOOO!

I hope everyone is healing well and feeling great!!!

Lisa

PO Day 9 Pics

I will update later! Hope everyone is healing well and feeling great!!

PO Day 10

Good morning, Everyone! I hope everyone is feeling good and healing nicely. :)
PO Day 9 was good - my hubby and I went to breakfast then did a little shopping. It was nice getting out again and feeling a semblance of normalcy. My only complaint right now is how hard it is to get to sleep. What in the WORLD???! I have always been one to go to sleep at the drop of a hat, but since this surgery, I have to take something to knock me out. Even with that it doesn't come easy. I guess if that's all I have to complain about, I'm very blessed! :)
PO Day 10 - today - breakfast out again with my honey and now we're at his office. I felt a bit more tired this morning, but still moving around well (albeit hunched over) and feeling good!!
I am having some swelling in the region beneath my incision (read: Ken Doll, haha!) and on my hips. But it's not a big deal - par for the course. Oh yes! I had my first sneezes today! Honestly when first started reading about how the felt I was scared!! But really, they weren't bad at all. That muscle repair has been the easiest part for me, I think. Thank you, Jesus!!!
Okay, time to exit the premises, lol. Y'all have a wonderful day!!

PO Day 12

Hi Everyone! Today is day 12 and I'm doing good, I hope you all are, too. Went to church this morning, lunch afterward and then to see my beautiful six-month-old granddaughter. So so good holding my baby. Shes six months old but only 12 pounds so it wasn't a big deal I don't think. I got home and was absolutely exhausted! And the good news… I was able to take a nap for the first time since I've started having sleep problems! Slept for a good two hours and woke up feeling refreshed. I'm going back to work tomorrow and am a tiny bit apprehensive about that, but since I work at a desk I don't think it's going to be a problem. And all of the ladies I work with know I had had a TT so will be forgiving of my shortcomings. :)
Hope everyone is feeling well and those of you that are going in soon, my prayers are with you. You will do great!

PO Day 15

Good afternoon, RS'ers! I hope you're all doing great and healing in your own way - fast or slow. As long as you're healing!! Doing good over here. 3rd day back at work and things are getting easier every day. I'm doing less hours for this week and will start back next week full time. My manager is really cool like that. :) I did have to make a quick trip in to see my PS this morning. I had a seroma. He drained it and I felt no pain at all. 80ccs. I'll go back next Wednesday for my scheduled visit and if it needs to be expirated again, he'll do it then. He told me not to twist and turn so much, to take it a bit easier. I think I've tried to do too much, too soon.

Sleeping in my bed full-time now. That feels so good and my hubby is happy about it, too. But I slept wrong and now it hurts to move my head/neck. Lol! Again, I'm too blessed to be stressed, so I'm just gonna thank God for where I am today. Without HIM, I am nothing. So grateful!! xoxoxox
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Lester and his office staff (ESPECIALLY Kendra - she is such a kind, caring and lovely person!!) are wonderful! I was referred to him by lady that actually works with him as a nurse administrator. She said he is a Christian man which means a lot to me. So I only had the one consultation with him and no one else. Very no nonsense and right to the point, but gentle and kind at the same time. He didn't spend a lot of time hem-hawing or trying to convince me of anything; was just straight up about everything! I didn't even have a pre-op visit. Just saw him at my one consultation and then on the day of surgery! He and his office staff told me on more than one occasion that I was welcome to come in or call any time so that was good enough for me. I must say, he did a marvelous job and I am very pleased with my results. I would highly recommend him to anyone and have recommended him to a friend who is planning on having a tummy tuck.

Hi just read your TT experience, thank God for life and good health i know he saw me through this and i am grateful. Just had mine in 15 very early days. Am taking my pain meds around the clock and taking Juven which i started to do from day 1 which i hope is ok. I was looking for some1 who takes them as well. I dont feel the muscle pain much and its not been as bad as some others have read. Not seen my scars yet going for my next app next monday thats when i see it. My prayer now is happy healing with the scars and no issues. Well done u have been very positive. God bless u and continue to keep fit. Any advice or tip to get thru this 1st 10 days wld be great. Stay blessed.
Did he say why you got a seroma? It weird some people do and others don't.
Moving around (twisting and turning) too much. There's a separation in there with too much activity that allows for the fluid to build up. That's how I understood it, anyway, lol. How are you BB?
Thanks for the explanation. I am just glad it's all gone,back to normal healing and Looking GREAT! I am doing Good thank you. I am enjoying the last 2 weeks of Heat here in California. They said today it would be 80 and it is but slight showers,that is definitely tropical weather. Weird.
You bet and thank you! :) glad you're doing good even though the weather there is acting strangely, LOL. Sounds like Texas weather to me, ha!
Well,no rain but it is HOT 2nite and it's 9:43p.m. here. Have a Good NIght!
Hi SavedbyGrace: I LOVE your saying, "Too blessed to be stressed." Hope you don't mind if I borrow that. I have had an awful lot of stress recently and each time I look at my petty problems (when compared with issues others are dealing with) I think, "You have so much to be thankful for..." Your statement sums it up beautifully. Congratulations on graduating to your bed. Your hubby will be less lonely. Glad to hear the seroma didn't hurt when cared for. I was so afraid I'd have one but, thankfully, no issues there. Happy healing!
Hi Wmac! Borrow away! :) I wish that saying originated with me, but it didn't. But I've used it for years and love the impact behind it if we really focus on the words. Thanks for stopping by and for the well wishes! I hope you're doing great!! :)
Wow, you look amazing! Whoohoo! Im so happy to see your healing up well. I appreciate you sharing your story here and so happy for you that you have such a supportive partner on this journey!
Thank you DenverMom! :) Just saw how gorgeous you look and am so thrilled for you! Just wait til that lady (they one you told you were having a tumor removed, lol!) sees you. Take a camera so you can post a picture of her expression, hahahahaha! :)
You look maaahvelous. I say holding your grandbaby is good for your healing. LOL Works for me. It's not like we're gonna toss or bench press them. Lol. So we're good!! I couldn't resist holding mine either.
Thank you, ITAV! :) I agree with you about our grandbabies. How blessed are we? I hope you're doing great!!! :)
All sounds great. Take it easy as you go back to work. HUGS :-DSuzy
Thank you, Ms. Suzy! Work went okay - I was moving pretty slow but good. :)
Well, you have to be happy with that result. your new shape is amazing! I love the photo of your 'extra pair of eyes'. The recovery seems to be going amazingly well, and may it continue. I have been thinking of you and the other RS Sept. Girls, and you all appear to be recovering well. Think of me on the 18th. I will keep you posted.
Thank you, imath! I do love my new shape and can't wait to have no more swelling!! :))I will keep watch and and follow your progress. I'm excited for you!!! :)
Thanks, I'm so looking forward to this 'new me'.
I hope it all goes well tomorrow at work :) Have a good Day!
Thank you BB! :))
Yw! I am glad you work at a desk.
Me too, BB! :)