Day Two - Dallas, TX

Well today is day two post op. Honestly, I don't...

Well today is day two post op. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about the whole ordeal just yet. I need to give it a few weeks. My breast lift seems to be a success but I'm still very swollen and uncomfortable. As for the tummy, I was very sad to find out that my scar length is much longer than I'd hope for. I'm up moving pretty well and doing things fairly independently when my family lets me. I think the hardest parts about the procedure is my ability to accept and overcome the scaring and the fact that I got a sinus infection the day of surgery so I've been coughing a lot which is EXTREMELY uncomfortable. If I had to give any advice I would say take it one day at a time and be slow to judge your results. I already know when spring comes I will be so happy that I did this for me! The other bit of advice I would give is that if you don't have a strong tolerance for pain, this is probably not a good choice for you. I've only taken Tylenol today and I seem to be doing pretty well. I can do this!!!!

Day three & four

Day three was fairly uneventful but the pain in my back REALLY bothered me. Each time I stood within seconds I'd have to sit back down. I didn't get as much walking in as I'd like. Having a sinus infection and still coughing has been the worst. I've done pretty well getting by but it is starting to really bother me.

Day four I was so sleepy. I think my body is exhausted from trying to fight off the sinus infection and heal. I finally got the nerve to take a good look at all my scars and take a shower. My first response was OMG! Taking a shower was an event within itself. Trying to clean the private parts with limited mobility only made me laugh at myself and again ask, "What the heck was I thinking when I decided to do this?" Nevertheless I did survive. I really noticed the swelling in my legs, abdomen and breast after I showered. I look huge! My girls seem to be healing pretty nicely although the right looks bigger then the left. They're not sagging and they are looking pretty perky so I'm okay with that. I felt really relaxed after the shower and attempted to get some rest. Within an hour I was up coughing off and on for four hours! It was a total nightmare. I finally broke down and cried. The pain was something I just can not describe. I will call the PS today and ask for something stronger to take to stop the coughing. I can't do another night like last night. :(

Today is day five. Praying for a progressive day! I'll let you know how it goes...

Day nine!

I can't believe how good I feel! Still taking it easy but I'm moving so much better than I imagined I would be by day nine. The swelling is mild, mostly in my breasts, waist and hips. I finally got on the scale and I'm 9 pounds lighter! I can't believe how my body is transforming. I was told that I would recover quickly due to my active lifestyle but I was not convinced. I did nothing extra... No special garments (other than what was provided), no recliner, no shakes.... Just rest, water, healthy food choices and walking as directed. I know everyone is different but I promised myself that I wouldn't over think this and I'm happy that I didn't. Prior to surgery my son told me that after 21 years in the army I'm probably much tougher than I think. I'm so glad he was right! Take your time ladies, the best is yet to come! The body (your temple) is amazing. You'd be surprised at how quickly it can heal itself. I will add photos to my profile soon! #feelingamazing
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hackney is great. He is patient, skilled and genuinely cares for his patients. Can't wait to see my results in the next few months.

You had your surgery one day after me! How ya feelin'? I feel great! Week one was the WORST. Ugh.
I won't have any drains & will not be having MR. I'll be in my compression garment when I leave. I think/hope my recovery will be fairly uneventful as well.
I'll keep you in my prayers. The first few days are very uncomfortable but tolerable. The entire process was actually much easier & less painful than I had imagined. I know that you'll do great! ;)
Awe:( a sinus infection, that must be awful. Did you have a reduction and a lift? I did and have a dented boob on one side a the other one is super swollen. Had a hematoma. Dr says its normal but its a bit stressful. I'm pretty lop sided right now. I haven't even seen my new stomach. I just don't want to mess with the drain and binder. I'm kids scared to look.

Ouch! Coughing after a tummy tuck can be brutal. Sorry you're having to deal with that! I'm glad you're coping with Tylenol, though most ladies get stronger stuff. Did you ask or are you wanting to stay with the lower dose meds?

No I did not. I'm actually doing okay with holding a pillow firmly on my abs when I cough. It hurts less each day which is great!
I broke down and called the doctor today. I am able to take Tylenol cold so hopefully things will improve! On a positive note I'm standing much straighter and my scars are healing well. ;)
Congrats to you. I have taken two pain pills today 12 hours apart and I think I'm gonna keep spacing them.
Terrific advice. You are offering pearls of wisdom and I want to assure you, I am listening. Thank you so very much. I wish you a speedy recovery and stunning results.