I HATE my New Tattoo -Dallas, TX

I had a lower sleeve done as a cover up for a...

I had a lower sleeve done as a cover up for a couple small wrist tattoos. I was a little taken back by this tattoo, but it is roses and flowers with a butterfly and a bumble bee. Very much me. So after I got over the shock, I liked it very well. I had really wanted a bird in my tattoo... And thought I would add one on my other forearm, since space was limited on my other forearm and I was not sure I wanted to go up my arm (Now I wish I had!).
The tattoo artist was in town (He is from out of country) and so I rushed into the planning of my second tattoo.
So I chose a mockingbird with just greenery because our ideas were not jiving. A good sign to wait.
He did a beautiful job of doing the mockingbird. Excellent work, but I hate it. It looks horrible to me on my skin.
I have investigated the best removal and it looks like the PicoSure laser is it. I live in Central America, but we travel to Dallas, Texas often to see family, so I am hoping to get it treated there.
I obviously have to wait a couple months to let the initial tattoo heal, but in February, I will have my first treatment.
I am a little anxious about it because I really just want my arm back without any more tattoos. I have had one tattoo lasered off in the past, but because of my impatience or the poor removal of it, I had a cover up over it. I really do not want that again-- but if I have to, I will. Anything that is brighter and more cheery than this drab little bird.
So here we go.
Will report back after treatment one.

Blessings! Rose

Update: First Picosure Session with Skintastic in Dallas, Texas

I had my first Picosure treatment of the mockingbird and my right ankle tattoo. It was HORRIBLY painful but the laser specialist made the procedure as pleasant as could be. The Dr recommended several treatments to get enough fading so I can cover it up in the future. I would like to get as much of the color out as possible-- my only fears is that a lot of orange and yellow are surfacing under the mockingbird tattoo. So we will see...
There has been a lot of fading already, but also A LOT of blisters. I would say over 80% of my tattoo blistered and still has a few blisters now that have not burst and many more that are still healing. It will be interesting to see what it looks like after it is all healed.
These are the photos immediately after the laser treatment.

Two Weeks Post - First Picosure Treatment

The mockingbird tattoo has one small dime sized scab but otherwise is all healed up, but very dry. I have been keeping it moisturized! :)
My ankle though is a concern. It has areas that look whitened/scarred over and other areas that seem like they are never going to heal-- they are just open flesh and I can see the colors of the tattoo very brightly and I have white raised areas along the edge of some of the tattoos. Several areas of this tattoo are VERY sensitive when touched. I have had laser treatments on a tattoo in a different site and have never had this kind of a reaction before... Does anyone have any thoughts??? (Excuse the hairy lower leg near the tattoo, unable to shave around the tattoo now!)
Skintastic

The good: The doctor and staff were pleasant and helpful. Clean office. Relaxed and casual atmosphere. The bad: A little frustrating when I called to confirm my appointment time and I had not been written in the books, especially when you get charged for being a no show. The ugly: Just the mockingbird on my left arm, that one day will be beautifully gone!

Wow, the mockingbird looks really faded :)
It certainly looks like things are moving along for you. It is looking faded for now. I'm glad the picosure is working out for you, albeit with the pain and the blisters. Good to see you again here on the forum. It's always nice to hear an update. Keep us posted. aloha...k
Thank you, K. Will keep you posted.
I have a similar size tattoo on my leg and in hindsight I rushed into making the decision too. Im also getting treated with the picosure and after reading several reviews the sad thing is patience is key. However it does work and the greens in your tattoo make it perfect for the laser, good luck!
Thanks for the encouragement Amy93. Unfortunately, my greens were an olive green and underneath is a lot of yellow. But a lot the green is breaking up...
I think your tattoo is beautiful, but I understand not feeling comfortable. Good luck with your removal in Febuary! Keep us posted, and stay on here too. It will help you so much to cope with it all.
Thank you for your comment and understanding-- about me "not feeling comfortable". I think it is beautiful work too-- but the bird is not quite the correct color and it is hard to say if it were, if I would still like it... I will keep posted here and praying for some good results. Cheers! Rose
the bird is not bad, average to higher end shop quality work... i would keep that and laser all of the green blobs of a cover up, than make a beautiful feminine sleeve of flowers and birds, the bird can be re worked by an amazing artist to turn it into something amazing. either way good luck and know your not walking around with a bad tatoo
Welcome to the community, I agree the artwork is beautiful however if you must feel it's a fit for you. I did the same thing, rushed into a cover up and hated it instantly and currently on session #9 trying to erase a mistake gone wild ;)  Look forward to watching your progress. Do you know what kind of laser you will be treated with?
I am thinking the PicoSure.... I need to go and talk to a clinician, when I go to the states next month. I was telling my husband today-- the bird-- which is a mockingbird is more dark brown and orange tan than a lovely light gray-- which is the color of a mockingbird. I know he shaded it to make it look real-- but the color is way off, in my opinion. Beautiful job, but the color misses the mark. That being said I am still not sure if I would like it... But I think the lighter color would have made it A LOT better. Sigh. Best to you on your removal.
There are always signs to stop...but we don't listen to them because we're so excited. I know the feeling. Oh well...lesson learned. I think your bird is very lovely, but it's what you think that counts. Laser away, but be patient this time, lesson learned from the previous time hopefully. I am patiently having one removed from my hand and wrist, it might takes years, in the meantime I wear beautiful bracelets and look the other way. Good luck, keep us posted. aloha...k
Yes, I was excited and there was a certain pressure because the artist was staying in our house and he had limited time... So it is all good. And the bird is lovely-- but it has a lot of browns and oranges for shading, and I hate it on my skin. I really am hoping to have somewhat clear skin one day-- But if I cover it because of impatience or problems with lasering it will be flowers-- something I know I will love. Thanks for the encouragement!