Started Sculptra Treatments for Acne Scars and Some Loss of Collagen in my Temples

I did the activeFX laser a few months ago with...

i did the activeFX laser a few months ago with subcision and restylane. it definitely improved the look and texture of my skin, but not enough! i see people with perfect poreless and unscarred skin and i get soooo jealous. a few months ago i also started getting perlane fillers to plump up my cheeks and really love the way it makes my cheekbones look.
my dr then suggested scupltra treatments because i would be the perfect candidate for it for loss of collagen and also for the acne scarring. so here are some befores, a few afters and i will keep this updated for anyone who is interested in what sculptra did for someone trying to fix acne scars.
1 vial total-8 syringes with multiple stabbings from each syringe....

Ok on my way to get my second treatment!!! Ugh took a Xanax because it DOES hurt!!!ag

On my way for second treatment are my before photos. Try not to gag at my pics lol I'll do the immediate after.

Lidocaine on face 2nd treatment

Ok I'll have this lidocaine on my face and then ill post post op pics!

Lidocaine

Immediately after 2nd treatment

Not as painful as first time but definitely uncomfortable.

3 days after 2nd treatment

Still swollen and I never bruise. Still a bit tender in the temples but overall great!

save your money….

I've spent almost 3k so far and had 3 treatments. i havent seen ANY improvement whatsoever. maybe you guys that are reading this will hopefully get better results, but i wish i had saved my money and spent it on chemical peels or dermrollers…this treatment is expensive, uncomfortable and i didnt see the anticipated results so i cannot recommend this.

one month after 3rd treatment.

ok so yeah, i may have spoke too soon. i am starting to see some very subtle changes. be aware that this is not a treatment you will see results from right away minus the initial swelling. BE PATIENT!!!! he showed me that my temples HAVE indeed filled out and my face just looks different. my skin is far from perfect and it never will be what i want but its as good as its gonna get! i am going in for another sculptra treatment feb 3 along with one vial of perlane in my cheeks. if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!!!

unfair with makeup...

ok i forgot about the 2 pics i took yesterday morning. NO makeup and flat lighting. i need some better ones but this shows the tone and kinda the texture but more importantly you can see the shape is a little different.
Dr. Benjamin Bassachis

I love this Dr. He is caring, knowledgable and I would not go to anyone else when it comes to fixing my face! His staff is amazing too and I HIGHLY recommend.

How is everyone doing with their sculptra? My face is too full still I'm about 7and a half months out.
I've had sculptra and it didn't help the uneven, dented texture in my skin, although it did give the skin a whiter, more glowing tone. And it grew a lot so it's not like I didn't see results. So I'm guessing sculptra may not be the solution you are looking for. But for what it's worth, I think you are GORGEOUS and if I saw you on the street I'd be super jealous. I know you prob don't believe it, because all you see are the imperfections, but it's true. Keep looking for other solutions and best of luck!
thank you I'm blushing :-) yeah i dont see much of a result from scultpra and i had 4 treatments total. too expensive for the outcome. ill try derma pen next but I'm even skeptical about that.
I think it works so far I haveresults after 2 months but I have had 4 vials 2 sessions. I think I will get more but i'm losing 15 lbs before I get more done. it is frustrating waiting to see a change though and feeling like you threw money away.. buti also had fraxel laser and it helped the sculptra work more in my opinion
Ok ok let me update every one. I thought sculptural wasn't working until month 3 hit. Omg I hate my results. I've grown far to much collagen I am so upset with my results. I know some people get great results so I'm not knocking sculptural but I look worse and have heavy looking over filled cheeks. Too plastic surgeons saw me and told me not to do it again. My face is also much fuller on one side than the other. I'm 30 and liked my face. Now I don't even look like myself. Maybe it was the ps I went to, but I'm so upset .
I had the sculptra but didn't see much of anything but i just went for a fat transfer & face lift this month the doctor said when he tried to put the needle in where the sculptra was it was so hard. That he had to really work to put the fat where it should be. I had sculptra a couple yrs ago and it's still there!! Never again would i use that. I thought i never got anything from it but what i did get is problems with a lump that comes up every now and then in my jaw. Hopefully yours will go down, it takes time so I hear. Since I didn't get any good results I didn't think anything was still in there til the new doctor told me how hard it was for him. A lot of doctors stopped using it. I went to a few and they said they don't know the true outcome and most aren't happy with it so after it goes down I know I don't need to tell you never do it again.
Roni, honestly since you said that I think MY face shape has changed!! I have gained a little weight but I swear my cheeks look like chipmunk cheeks!!! I do see an improvement but like I said I dont know what its from since I do so much to it. I will update with pics!!
So in retrospect, would you say it's worth it?
Not for me. I don't like things that are hard to break down in your body I didn't know this when I had it done. & I don't like having to wait so long to see results & they usually say get more, that you'll see a real difference after 2 times. It takes a while to really work so by the time it works there goes a year of it getting to where you might like it so you really only get a year maybe of it if it comes out like you expected. But if you don't like it you can't do anything about it. As far as I know nothing breaks it down. I really don't want things so permanent anymore, after having a juve experience that I thanked God there was a dissolver. And it can last longer than you think,, I got mine almost 2 yrs ago in my chin & temple area. Once in a while I feel a lump on my chin area so I massage it down so no way do I want something like that moving in my face popping up at anytime for who knows how long.. But that's just me. If I want something that costs that much money I'd rather put that money towards maybe fat grafting or some filler that you can dissolve instead of knowing theirs nothing you can do about Sculptra. Not saying it's not good for everyone because a lot might like it, esp those who really lost volume. Its a personal choice, just make sure you use a doctor who works with Sculptra a lot. It's different the way they inject you with it . It went deep in there. It hurt me esp in the temples. At first it was a strange feeling, I got lightheaded & I've had everything done to me. Pretty expensive too for what you get. I can get almost couple viles of an HA filler for the same price as their one & get the results right away. I hate to wait.
I had sculptra in my temples & jaw area a couple years ago. I didn't notice any change, I knew it takes time but never saw anything. Now I wouldn't want to go for it anymore after reading reviews on it. You can get lumps & they don't go away. I have one in my jaw but I massage it & it flatens out. I too have scars, I went for Erbium laser & came out worse. Got fat loss, a dent & tons of scars from the procedure, he made huge scars around the scars I wanted removed. I've had 7 fraxel treatments, 4 from dual & 3 others along with smoothbeam, perfecta & affirm. Still have the scars, a little better from the treatments but now I just needle & get the same results. It does take time but instead of wasting all that money & coming out worse then going in I'll stick to needling & putting vit c on after. A little juvederm in the dent & deeper ones. But he had some left over & put in under my eyes, just a tad but now my one eye is puffy & it's been a month so if you go for fillers & use juvederm don't get any under your eyes. Don't put any permanent fillers in your face. Don't take the risk if something goes wrong & you can't change it. Your a beautiful girl. I know how scars can make you feel. I've been dealing with them & now more of them thanks to fraxel all my life.
i had 4 vials two separate visits August and September. no significant difference. just a lopsided face. ripoff
oh wow I'm sorry :-( that is really crappy if you got BAD results!! i am starting to see some improvements in mine, patience has never been one of my strong points. my acne scars are still there but they're more shallow. i havent gotten bad results though....will your face fix itself since this is not a permanent treatment???
hi, thank-you for commenting. I love this blog site. I am wondering if the slow process has something to do with my age. A 70 year woman had posted saying it had taken nearly 5 months for results. So I will be a bit more patient . I am just annoyed the doctors office does not respond with a bit of support. Thanks again for your sharing your experience.
the process has been extremely slow!! i mean i can see VERY little difference but i see the shallowness in my cheeks has kinda filled out and the temples have a little too. not from my pics, but from his at the office. i say if you're patient and willing to stick it out, then this is for you. i expect results a little more quickly and get frustrated pretty fast. I've been really interested in trying out a derma roller pen at my derms office, thats next on my list! ill also keep updated pics on that!
Fulton Skin Institute: I had deep acne scars. I got a LACA which is a dermabrasion, laser and fat injections all in one. I had to return for a sec on fat injection it was amazing results. this was 10 years ago
Isn't it suppose to take a few months before you see results with sculptra?  I hope you see something beneficial at some point- you are right, that is a lot of money for no results!
i sure hope so!!! I'm over here with crater face and it really gets me down some days….the only thing i saw was the temporary fullness that you get for about a week after the shots and then it would deflate again :( ill keep y'all posted with some more pics and hopefully some better results!!
Did your doctor recommend sculptra over the other fillers available?
i had the activeFX with restalyn back in may so I've done the other fillers plus i get my cheeks filled with perlane…nothing is working. I'm also looking into trying derma roller….
i have been waiting 4 months now and really no considerable difference. Just in the pocketbook $2800
Looking great girl! Is it me or have your scars faded considerably? I noticed after my second Sculptra treatment that the first changes I see are the tone and texture of my skin, then the fullness starts to come. Looking fab! Keep us posted!
i have to be honest, i do not see ANY improvement except for the initial puffiness from the shots. after I'm left looking exactly the same. what a shame, i was really hoping for better results :(
Your results look great so far. I just had to vials 2 weeks ago and I see improvement already. Im 30 but don't sleep much and have had a lot of past stress, so my skin reflected that. please keep me posted with your success u look great...telisha
thanks!! i do not see enough of an improvement to warrant spending 3k. I'm glad you're getting good results tho! I'm gonna go a different route and try TCA and VI peels. i will keep you guys posted on that!
Did you get injections on your cheek area or temples? I think you must misunderstand where the temple area is because the after procedure pic where you have the blood is not where the temple is located.