Coming Along...

First of all, I have to thank all of you who have...

First of all, I have to thank all of you who have been posting to this website. I couldn't be here without your experiences and advice. Even though my personal profile was not set up, I asked many of you for information and you all helped.

I am three weeks post op and doing really well. My journey was not an easy one at the beginning. I always knew I wanted rhinoplasty, but I seriously questioned my decision after the surgery. I got a stomach virus and a terrible cold two days after my procedure. My life was turned upside down. Only two things kept me going: the fact that I fully trust my surgeon, and my belief that my nose is going to be beautiful in a year.

My nose is changing on a daily basis, and I love to compare the images. I always thought my long nose looked sophisticated, but after seeing my before surgery profile picture, I knew a rhinoplasty was a must for me.

I am 5 weeks after surgery and I love how my nose...

I am 5 weeks after surgery and I love how my nose changes on a daily basis. If you are at the beginning of your journey, things will get only better.

Well, it has been two months since my surgery. I...

Well, it has been two months since my surgery. I love the result more and more. My nose is still hard as a rock. I still sleep with two big pillows, and I haven't worn my sunglasses yet. I still see my nose swell up when I get hot and if I eat too salty. I have been drinking lot more water to help cleanse my system. My surgeon said I am still healing and the nose will look different on a date to date basis. So, I am "patiently" waiting for the final result.

Coming Along...3 months update

I love my new look. There are still days when I see swelling and lots of it, especially in the tip. I gave up sleeping with my head elevated because it made no sense putting my back through the pain. I still do not wear sunglasses but interestingly that hasn't bothered me at all. I have my post surgery consult in a month and I am curious to see what Dr. C has to say. Good luck to all of you!

Nostrils are softening

I guess, I am one of the fortunate women that have thick skin -literally. Of course, this will help me in the getting old department but with swelling and bruising my body takes longer to heal. I am almost at my four month anniversary and finally I can feel my nostrils softening. The tip of my nose is still hard, but that actually doesn't bother me as much. I am still not wearing my sunglasses and I am not sure if I will wear them until next year.

4 months- Could not be happier

Well, I am still not out of the woods yet- Texas heat can bring on swelling like never before. On a funny note, I will be spending more time at my hair salon since the a/c was blasting so strong the other day that my nose was small and perfect. Well, I know there is no such thing as perfect but for me it is. If you (just) had your surgery keep it mind- this healing process is a marathon, not a 100m dash! XOXO

Visit with Dr. C.

So, I finally saw Dr. C today. This was my first time talking to him since he removed the nasal packaging. My visit was short and sweet. The most shocking thing he told me was that my nose is STILL about 50% swollen (even the bridge). OMG! I will have no nose by the end of the year...LOL.
By the way he told me wearing my sunglasses will not cause any damage but if there is much indentation on the skin, I should use them less. I decided I am ok without them until February 2014. That is my one year anniversary, and the time I will see him again.

7 months - Loving life

Well, I still have days when my nose swells up, but I believe this might be for all people and we just pay more attention to it because we had surgery. I see more and more definition and I cannot wait to see what a year will bring. Good luck to all of you!! XOXO

7 month angle/profile pics

I realized that my profile and angle look has not changed that much the last 4 months. I see a tiny shrinkage but other than that I really have to look. On the contrary, I am extremely pleased that my nose is so defined from straight on.
I believe hydration has a big role achieving this definition!

10 months - still changing

Well it's my 10 month anniversary and I thought I put up a couple before and afters. I still have days when my nose swells up but I am not thinking about it too much. My sister recently visited and couldn't believe how "small" my nose was. I remember wanting to see pictures of people with long term reviews before my surgery, so I hope my update will help others on their decision making process. Find a doctor with experience and you will be happy!

Time Flies!

Well, You won't believe this but I haven't even gone to my one year follow-up yet. I know..... but I am happy with the result and thought a follow-up visit wasn't needed. Maybe, I'll stop by Dr C's office one of these days to say 'hi'.
My nose has changed a lot in the past six months. There are days when I look very swollen but I learned to not take too many pictures on those days. :)
If you are thinking about going through with the procedure, my only recommendation is that you do your due diligence on your surgeon. After making a decision, stay positive! You will shine from within!
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

I wanted to go to the best in my area (and there are probably others out there in Dallas), but I loved Dr. Cochran's clients' before and after pictures on-line. I also found many people on this website who have gone to him and only had great things to say about his work. He only does rhinoplasties which I believed was a definite plus to choose him. Please, also keep in mind that you will need an EKG if you are over 40.