Finally a Nose That I Love - Dallas, TX

My nose fell into the bulbous and asymmetrical tip...

My nose fell into the bulbous and asymmetrical tip bucket, and I was told time and time again that it was a ‘difficult nose’. After the first surgery, I still had a bulbous and asymmetrical nose (albeit smaller), but the worst of it was there was a loss of support in the nasal walls which created breathing issues. Needless to say, I was very hesitant to go for a second surgery, and was constantly asking myself – What if it gets worse????

There was minimal bruising and a few days of swelling after surgery. Nothing horrible, but I definitely was out of commission for the first 4 days. The splints came out one week after surgery and wow was my nose swollen!! Even with the swelling I could see that the bulb was gone, the tip was symmetrical and I could breath without my nostrils sucking in. The thing I appreciated most about Dr. Cochran is how he set my expectations. He told me: your nose is going to be very swollen – it was. It will look huge right now – it did. The swelling will start to go down in the next few weeks, but will be around for 3-4 months, and with my nose will probably continue for over a year.

I’m now 2 ½ weeks post surgery. My nose still feels huge, and isn’t particularly photogenic but I can tell the swelling is coming down. I feel better every single day – even on the days where the swelling isn’t even – this too is normal. I can’t wait until I reach the 4 month mark ?

Dr. Cochran essentially reconstructed my nose to make it work better and look fabulous. All he does is noses, and that alone speaks volumes. He is definitely worth a consultation for those searching for a surgeon.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf! I know some doctors won't do imaging for revision rhinoplasty because they really don't know what they're dealing with until they get in there and can't make specific promises, but I'm glad yours worked out and that you're already liking your new nose.

Please keep us posted (and consider putting up photos!) as your swelling subsides.

Dec 2 Update: It's now been 3 1/2 weeks since...

Dec 2 Update: It's now been 3 1/2 weeks since surgery and already I've noticed significant reduction in the swelling. Patience is definitely a virtue! For photos and more details on my experience, visit my blog at lyndenrowe.wordpress.com.
Hi, how you doing?  How's the swelling and are you still loving your new nose?  Thank you for sharing your experience with us.  I would love to see current photos.
Maybe you should post photos that show the result better? You sound very happy and that makes me think your result is probably amazing, but in reality your nose looks smaller in pic number 1?
You new nose looks lovely, very neat. Are you planning to put any more before pictures on? X
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

After going through a less than satisfactory primary rhinoplasty three years ago, I started the quest for a revision rhinoplasty surgeon. It took hours and hours of research along with numerous consultations to find the right person - Dr. Cochran. He and his whole team at the Gunter Center are amazing! When I first learned of Dr. Cochran I started reading the reviews, and they were all positive. That initially got me suspicious. Nobody is THAT good, I thought. But hey, I also figured it was worth a consultation and see for myself. The consultation took between 1-1.5 hours, included 3D imaging (DON’T have surgery without one), a thorough exam of my nose and lots of information sharing. Dr. Cochran was patient, caring and was incredibly specific. The approach was: lets work together on what you want your nose to look like, then we’ll talk about how we can make it happen. After returning back home to Bermuda, knowing I had found my guy, surgery was booked.