5 More Days- Till my Facelift - Dallas, TX

I am nervous and excited! Can't wait! This is the...

I am nervous and excited! Can't wait! This is the biggest elective surgery that I have ever had! I will be off work for 2 weeks. I will be under general for 7 to 8 hours. I have done a lot of research and I am ready. Everyday I look in the mirror and imagine how different I think I will look. I am 48, I will be 49 in 2 weeks. I am having a Brow lift, upper and lower eyelids and a lower facelift and neck lift and ear lobe repair. It is going to be Thursday, April 25th and I will stay overnight for one night.

I am so excited. But nervous at the same time.

Well, I am on day 20. I feel so tight still. And the dumbness on top of head and side of face by ears and part of neck and under eyes is nothing like anything I ever imagined. My arms still hurt from what, I don't know. Vision is ok but sometimes for little writing I have to really focus. I just don't feel like myself or comfortable yet. We had a work event today with over 100 people and I felt like some who knew or had heard were staring at me. I went back to work Monday and in have been worn out when I get home. In had to leave at 3 today cause I just did not feel good. Probably to much to soon? I was under for 10 hours and it was major surgery. Anyway, when will I feel normal?
I ask myself the same question just about every day...When will I feel normal again? I am at week 10 post op and not feeling "normal" yet with the tightness, hardness, etc. I sometimes call how I feel my "new normal" for now. And I didn't have my eyes done. Take your pain meds when you can, even OTC helps too. It does get better, very slowly, and you will get somewhat used to the wierd and unusual sensations that you will be experiencing. It can be very annoying and uncomfortable at times, but it just takes time and patience. You did go back to work quite soon after your surgery, and I agree with yout that this is major surgery. You do need to get your rest and not overdo it. Your body will let you know when you are overdoing it, or eating the wrong things, or not getting enough rest. It took me about 6 weeks before I wasn't exhausted most of the time. From what I read and my PS said the same thing....expect recovery to be at least 3 months, very likely longer. Continue updating us on how you are doing, even if you don't feel that great. It sometimes helps when you know you aren't alone in this recovery and so many others can relate to what you are going through.
You look amazing!

Getting better everyday!

It's been harder to heal because I am a seller. Mainly my eyes. They thought they might have to do a revision on the lower lids. But thankfully after taking steroid eye drops for the last 10 day I won't be needing it. My eye swelling went down a bunch. I look way better. We will look at them again in a month to make sure. Take a look at my newest before and after pic that I just posted.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Oop's

Swelled not Seller

WOW you look amazing!. I am so excited more than ever to go through with this. Thank you for sharing your story.
Thank you! This site was more informative than my doctor. It got me through the tuff days right after my surgery. Thanks for the support and good luck and keep us posted.

I'm so glad RealSelf helped you, Slender! Thank you for mentioning that.

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I had a breast augmentation done by him 5 years ago and he did great work. So I chose him again for the face, eyes and neck.