5 More Days- Till my Facelift - Dallas, TX

I am nervous and excited! Can't wait! This is the...

I am nervous and excited! Can't wait! This is the biggest elective surgery that I have ever had! I will be off work for 2 weeks. I will be under general for 7 to 8 hours. I have done a lot of research and I am ready. Everyday I look in the mirror and imagine how different I think I will look. I am 48, I will be 49 in 2 weeks. I am having a Brow lift, upper and lower eyelids and a lower facelift and neck lift and ear lobe repair. It is going to be Thursday, April 25th and I will stay overnight for one night.

I am so excited. But nervous at the same time.

Getting better everyday!

It's been harder to heal because I am a seller. Mainly my eyes. They thought they might have to do a revision on the lower lids. But thankfully after taking steroid eye drops for the last 10 day I won't be needing it. My eye swelling went down a bunch. I look way better. We will look at them again in a month to make sure. Take a look at my newest before and after pic that I just posted.

Oop's

Swelled not Seller
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I had a breast augmentation done by him 5 years ago and he did great work. So I chose him again for the face, eyes and neck.

WOW you look amazing!. I am so excited more than ever to go through with this. Thank you for sharing your story.
Thank you! This site was more informative than my doctor. It got me through the tuff days right after my surgery. Thanks for the support and good luck and keep us posted.

I'm so glad RealSelf helped you, Slender! Thank you for mentioning that.

You look great, thanks for posting. I am having the same except no brow lift but a chin augmentation. I hope I look as good as you in 2 months.
Thank you! It has been rougher than I thought but should be worth it one day once I get back to normal. I did turn a corner about a week ago and look and feeling better. Just still have issues sleeping and at work in feel like everyone is looking at me but they aren't. Thanks for your support and good luck and keep us posted on your surgery.
Slender20, I am a "sweller" as well, it takes longer to heal....aren't we lucky? Lol. I swell with ANYTHING besides a position that resembles a recliner one! This morning, after a restless night, I slept on my side and woke once laying on my stomach. I woke this morning a pumpkin head again with my eyes almost shut .... And I didn't have my eyes done! Despite you being this way too, your pic looks beautiful, there is a dramatic difference, which we all hope for. ;). Good job to your PS. Does the heat cause you swelling too?
Oh, so sorry! Sleeping was really tuff for me as well. It still is an issue. I hear it will be till about the 6 month mark. Ugh! I will say that i have learned to sleep on my back more now. I was a side sleeper. It really does ruin my face with wrinkles. So, now i just cringe when i wake up and see a line running down my face from the way I slept on my face. So, all I have to do is think about that and the money I spent and I stay on my back. Yes, heat makes me swell and so does salty food! Thanks for the support!
Slender20, I really am sorry for some of the difficulties you seemed to have had. But I have to tell you that your face looks wonderful; bright and open and engaging! Just beautiful and particularly around the eyes. I really hope your vision has improved and your healing is on the right path. All the best.
Thanks, it just turned a corner over night! Thank God!
Well, I am on day 20. I feel so tight still. And the dumbness on top of head and side of face by ears and part of neck and under eyes is nothing like anything I ever imagined. My arms still hurt from what, I don't know. Vision is ok but sometimes for little writing I have to really focus. I just don't feel like myself or comfortable yet. We had a work event today with over 100 people and I felt like some who knew or had heard were staring at me. I went back to work Monday and in have been worn out when I get home. In had to leave at 3 today cause I just did not feel good. Probably to much to soon? I was under for 10 hours and it was major surgery. Anyway, when will I feel normal?
I ask myself the same question just about every day...When will I feel normal again? I am at week 10 post op and not feeling "normal" yet with the tightness, hardness, etc. I sometimes call how I feel my "new normal" for now. And I didn't have my eyes done. Take your pain meds when you can, even OTC helps too. It does get better, very slowly, and you will get somewhat used to the wierd and unusual sensations that you will be experiencing. It can be very annoying and uncomfortable at times, but it just takes time and patience. You did go back to work quite soon after your surgery, and I agree with yout that this is major surgery. You do need to get your rest and not overdo it. Your body will let you know when you are overdoing it, or eating the wrong things, or not getting enough rest. It took me about 6 weeks before I wasn't exhausted most of the time. From what I read and my PS said the same thing....expect recovery to be at least 3 months, very likely longer. Continue updating us on how you are doing, even if you don't feel that great. It sometimes helps when you know you aren't alone in this recovery and so many others can relate to what you are going through.
You look amazing!

Wow! I can really see the difference, too. You look amazing!

Thanks! Feeling a little better about how I am looking. Swelling can do strange things to your results. I guess it can only get better moving forward.
Thanks for posting all the photos. You look great !
I added 2 new pictures. A before and after.
Slender20, you look great!! It's such a natural and refreshed look. I hope my own result is as great as yours!

Please post some additional pictures. Looking great!

Thanks for your review. I'm having same done as you, minus the ear thing, on May 14th. Do you have a long scar for the brow lift? The pic looks like you were cut the full length of your brow. How long did he leave the drain in? I wish you the best of luck and a swift recovery. Can't wait to see more pics!
The brow lift scars- there are 2 on the corner of each brow and each is about 1 to 1.5 inch. I had the surgery on a Thursday and he met us at the office on Sunday afternoon to take it out. My surgery was almost 10 hours long. So I had to stay over night. I guess he was not ready to take it put when he saw me at 7AM the next morning. The surgery was far more invasive than I thought. So my surgery started at 8:30 AM and the were done at 6:30 PM. I remember waking up at 9PM. They said my husband had come and gone. They would not let him stay only the lady nurse and me. I then went back to sleep and then I started waking up from midnight on every hour on the hour. From the brow lift it felt like I had a heavy brick on me forehead. It got better by about Noon the next day but it was really much better when that drain came out. More pics to come soon.
You made it, now let the healing begin. Congratulations and best wishes for a great recovery. Patience, patience, and more patience is what I have learned so far. (I am at just over 7 weeks post-op, lower face/necklife). Relax and don't overdo it. This is your time.....

Woo-hoo! This is a really big deal. I hope all is smooth sailing and that you love your results. Please keep us posted!

Here's a list of supplies you might want/need for recovery.

I wish you the best of luck and look forward to hearing all about your surgery and recovery. I did not know this procedure was so expensive. I am the mother of four and really need to get myself put back together. :-). I was thinking of starting with my face and then getting a mommy makeover. Please share all you can. For the right surgeon I would travel out of state. Hugs!!