Changed from MM to BA only :(

I am the mother to 2 sweet boys (6 & 4). I...

I am the mother to 2 sweet boys (6 & 4). I have a wonderful, supportive husband! I just don't like my body anymore. I was in very good shape before kids...but after 2 almost 9lbs babies my stomach muscles are shot. My breast have always been small, but after beast feeding they just got smaller and are not even round anymore.

I am so nervous that I am considering cancelling my surgery. I am scheduled for a tummy tuck w/ muscle tightening and a breast augmentation (350cc) for April 6. I am so worried about the recovery time and the pain. After reading a ton of stories on here it doesn't seem like anyone has had a good recovery. The depression and pain sounds awful. I don't know what to do now. :(

So my post just came up onto this site and I...

So my post just came up onto this site and I re-read it. I made a couple typos!!!! I am sure you all know what I am trying to say...but let me correct it because it bugs me!!!
So just this sentence was funny...here is the correction:
My breasts have always been small, but after breast feeding they just got smaller and are not even round anymore.
The funniest part about my original sentence was that I said, "beast feeding". Now that I think about it, maybe it was a little like that!! :)

A little more about myself... I am 34 years old. ...

A little more about myself...
I am 34 years old. I am 5'6" and 117lbs. My chest is 34 barely A. I do not smoke, drink occasionally, no drugs, work out and I eat fairly well. I do love sweets though. I eat some type of sugary goodness every day. Not excessive (in my mind!) though. My first son (6yrs) was born vaginally and my second son (4) was born via c-section. Both boys were almost 9 lbs. I was very fit before my first pregnancy and my stomach muscles didn't seem to get damaged then. After my second son was born and I had a c-section, my abs were very stretched out. When I lay down I can put 2 fingers in between the muscle near my belly button. The skin on my stomach is loose too. My boys call the skin on my stomach chicken skin...I think I may have started that one. :( When I bend over my stomach flaps over whatever I'm wearing and it's very wrinkled.

I don't know if my stomach muscles can be corrected without surgery. Are there any excercises that I can do to help make my muscle go back? My skin will always look bad without surgery.

I am seriously considering not having the tummy tuck on the 6th. Both my boys are in little league and their season just started tonight. My husband is out of town (travels a lot) so i took my oldest son to practice at 5:30. Then I took my 4yr old to his first t-ball game at 5:40. I was in the dugout the whole game because the coach didn't bother to put together a line up or anything! I put the line up together and help get each batter ready for their turn up at the plate. It was crazy but very fun! And frustrating because the coach was soooooo unprepared. Sorry...a little off topic.
Okay...so then at 7 the game was over and then I got my other son from his practice. Perfect timing. Got the boys home, fed them a little, they took a shower and off to bed. I say all of this stuff because this will be a typical Monday or Friday for me. Also, on top of practices and 1 weekday game...both boys will have one game a piece every Saturday until the 2nd week of May.
My husband will be staying home with my the first week after the surgery...he'll drive the kids to school and pick them up....do all the lunch prep and all the Mom stuff I do. He needs to go back into the office the following week (16 th). That would have me driving the boys to school one week and 2 days after my surgery. My youngest needs to be walked into his class because he is only in pre-school. What if I have any complications and my recovery isn't awesome? Then 2 weeks after my surgery my husband will be going to London for 1 week for work. That leaves me to everything...including all of the boys baseball games and practices.
Okay. I think that maybe this is really bad timing on my part for this surgery. At least the tummy tuck part. I think if I do the BA only, then I shouldn't have any problems. Am I right? Probably just poor timing. I know I will want to have a tummy tuck...maybe in the winter when the boys don't have any sports going on.
One more thing. I don't have anyone else to help me. We have 0 family here and I won't be telling them about the surgery anyway. They wouldn't understand. I say that...because it's 100% true.
I think that I should probably hold off on the tummy tuck until my boys aren't so busy and my husband will be in town for at least 3 weeks. Right?????????

I went to my pre-op yesterday and freaked out. I...

I went to my pre-op yesterday and freaked out. I feel like a ridiculous person. I feel silly for wanting a MM and I feel silly for not being ready to have a MM. The feelings are so conflicting. I know that MANY women in this site have the same feelings. Guilt, uncertainty, nervous...and more guilt. I am a person who never tells anyone anything personal. I hate to admit defeat. I do everything for my boys. I have a high pain tolerance and hate to think that I can't do the TT part of the MM.
I will only be getting the BA now. I cancelled the TT. My consultant at the PS is amazing!!!!!! She was so understanding. I explained to her my situation and she looked at me said, "You're not ready and that's ok". Right now she is 2 weeks post op. She told me that the same thing happened to her. 11 years ago she got a BA but wasn't ready for the TT. She is actually recovering from a BL w/ new implants, TT w/ muscle repair and Lipo. She went back to work 7 days after her surgery. If anyone can show me how doable this is...it's her.

For now, it's a BA on 4/6. I even feel Incredibly guilty for doing just that. Why can't I just be happy with my post baby body?????

1 week from today I will be getting my BA. Still...

1 week from today I will be getting my BA. Still feeling nervous. I hope 350cc silicone unders won't look to big. I don't want to be too big. I want to be able to hide it if I need to. Again, I am 34 barely A, 117lbs, 5'6". Wanting a full B small C. Eeeeek.

My title says it all...I really wish I would have done this more than 10 years ago. As moms, we put ourselves last! I don't regret doing TT or BA at all and I had 215 cc under muscle which puts me at 32C. Seems like sizes are all over the place on here. I didn't want people to notice and they haven't. I just look like I did in padded bra only it's all me baby!! First two weeks of TT was really difficult if I didn't have help. That would be the drawback for you I guess. Is there a friend or anyone that could help with kids? It is doable. Good luck!
Sister5:
I decided against the TT and had mt BA yesterday.n I t we the right choice for me. I do have all the support in the world from my husband...so that's not why I didn't do the TT. Nerves got the best of me. I was still 50/50 going into the BA. I almost didn't sign the papers right before my surgery. But I did it and I think that I am going to be very happy with my decision. Thanks for the input. All the kind words really do mean a lot. Good luck with your recovery.
I had my TT last year and I am so happy I did it but my kids are older and drive themselves. I just had my BA and BL this year. I loved my TT from the start and getting use to the BA. Consider the TT in the future when you have he. The one thing I regret is not doing the TT earlier in my 30's. I am very active do 400 sit ups a day and could never get rid of the tummy. I hid it for so many years and would find pants that looked great except for the tummy hanging over and being too tight. I am having a much harder time with the BA and BL. Good luck with your recovery!
Thanks Beachmom! I know that my tummy will still be wrinkly and not very attractive...maybe in the future when my boys are a little older I'll do it. My husband travels so much...maybe when he's able to be home for longer than 2 weeks. That's a lot of maybes! I just know that feel comfortable with just having the BA now. I am 1 day post op and so far so good!
That is great you are doing so well.. I would say you need help for at least 2 weeks. Some women on the site say they feel great at 2 weeks back to work after TT. I didn't drive for 3 but I also had hysterrectomy but by 5 weeks I was back to the gym doing everything but sit ups! This BA and BL has been an adventure nit what I expected at all. I just got my new ahh bras in the mail today in the size I need so excited lol. They are great to sleep in for now.
I just checked out your review. You look great! I am sure your BA was much more difficult having the BL too. From what I've read...it's not easy. I was so small to begin with I didn't need the BL. I just hope someday that I am brave enough to have the TT. I think the BA is the boost I need right now though.
Being a woman is tough!!!! We are our own worst critics.
You look great and I hope to look like that someday too!
Thank you! When the time is right you will be able to do the TT. I always talked about having it done but was scared to death but looking back I really wish I would have done it sooner.when they were going to cut me open for the hysterectomy I said I might as well do a TT and my doctor said a lot of women do. So I expected a longer recovery. I think 3 weeks I felt almost normal!!!
you asked a question I think most Moms ask. Even if only to themselves.. and us "older" Moms have tried to just deal with. "Why cant I be happy with my post baby body?" I dont think there is an easy answer.. I have nad not been happy and tried to just live with it for 25 years... well believe me I always WISHED I looked different that I did "post baby" I exersized my heart out. I am in GREAT physical shape.. but the day came when money was there (yes it took a bit of saving and sacrafice for sure) but with my husband by my side it was just my turn in life to NOT put everyone else and every thing else first.... No magic answer..... just like no magic fix....
Glad you are taking the course of action that is BEST FOR YOU!

Believe me, I know how much time Little League takes! Thanks for letting us know. The BA will still be a great boost for you. Try not to feel guilty and think of it as reconstructive surgery!

You are so welcome! Remember I was where you were a year ago :-) it is so scary and doubts do come and go....it's always harder to do something for yourself when you have children. You will look amazing and will love your new body!
Jensconcerned, I am one who had a thin tummy and only skin. LOTS of skin. in fact I weigh 128 lbs and had NO LIPO. amazing let me tell you when the skin was removed it was about 15" they took off. I had 4 kids the first two were the largest 8lbs 9 oz and then 15 months later 10lbs 1/2 oz. so I know ALL about skin. I do have a few pics feel free to look. I did have 1 week of recovery help. but I DID do a lot of cooking and freezing.. Recovery has not been terrible. and just a few minor things along the way.... I know everyone has the "Maybe I should wait" or "am I being selfish" believe me..now I am SOOOOO GLAD I did this.
Thank you so much for the info and support. You have been really helpful! I just hope I look and feel as good as you someday!
Forgot!! You asked if I had a full or mini....I had a full tuck with muscle repair. No lipo :-) that also helps. Lipo on top of tuck is harsh. Since you do not need lipo, that also will make your recovery easier. My implants are 350cc over the muscle. Before I was a 32AA. I am now a 32DD. If I went under the muscle I would probably be a 32D or C.
Hey there!! I totally know what you mean about not seeing a lot of examples of thin tummies with only skin. One thing I must say is I had a ton of extra skin. I stretched high up between my ribs almost (you can see my left over stretch marks)
Some women on here who were very thin have a prominent verticle scar. That could happen if you don't have enough skin to bring down low to your hip line. Here are some other members with low body weight: Faith22 and jenjenem. check their reviews out too! There are more so search a year back in the reviews if you can. When I was on here a year ago there were many women who had easy recoveries. We are all different and it is a huge procedure to have a tuck ( the boobs are a walk in the park....I have overs so even more easy;)) As for the tuck, the worst for me was back pain. You will be hunched over for at least two weeks if not longer and that gets annoying but it is sooooo doable!! Heating pad on the lower back works well! I only took pain meds the first day. That was it! I wasn't trying to be a hero either. I truly did not need them. I think that helped me forgo the depression and icky feeling. But the meds are there if you need them which is comforting. I truly believe that if you are in good health; eat right snd exersize regularly; your recovery goes much more smoothly.
please keep me updated and feel free to ask me questions. I will check periodically on here!!
Thank you Angiemcc! I realize now that I really didn't put too much about myself in my first post!

"Beast feeding"! :) I'm the same way about typos. When I make them, they drive me crazy.

Yes, the recovery from a mommy makeover is not exactly a walk in the park, but it is doable and almost every single person thinks it's worth it. Make sure you go to an ASPS/ASAPS board certified surgeon, make sure you're healthy, don't smoke, and I'm sure you'll be one of the happy ones, too.

You want to make sure you have help both for you and to take care of your two precious littles.

Let us know what you decide to do!