Lip Implants for Permanent Fuller Lips - Dallas, TX

For permanant fuller lips, not painful and very...

For permanant fuller lips, not painful and very quick, about an hour start to finish. They were great until about a month ago and my smile began being restricted and unnatural looking. Considering removal but not sure what results will be.

Anyone had lip implants that restricted their smile or made it odd looking?

Very knowledgable and has the implants herself

Jane M., Regarding your question 'Do they look and feel natural?' Well, I can definitely feel the implants in my lips if I stop to think about it, and I have to be a little more careful when I drink water because sometimes the lip implants result in me dripping a little water on my blouse--but I definitely think the lip implants were worth doing. My lip implants are thinner and more natural-looking than Octamom's. Octamom went a little overboard with hers.
I'm thinking of getting Permalip done, as I've been having Juvederm injections for the past year, and just can't afford to keep them up! Do your lips look/feel natural with Permalip - and how long did the swelling last?
Hi Jane M.,

I'm truecolors. You can see posted photos of my lips before and after my permanent lip implants here on realself.com if you can just figure out how to find them. I'm not very computer-savvy myself.
But I feel the same way you do, that lip injections are just too expensive to get on an ongoing basis. I'm very happy with my permanent lip implants, which I've had for 1 1/2 years now.
The post-op swelling for the lip implants? Well, I had my lip implants done at the same time I had a facelift done, so I couldn't separate 'lip swelling' from the rest of my face. But it was definitely worth doing, in my opinion. The lip implants make me look younger and sexier in my opinion.

Here's truecolors's review, with pics: Permanent Lip Implants Made Me Look Younger, Sexier, More Expressive

Hope this helps!

I had lip implants put in in April 2009, about 6 weeks before my son's wedding. It's true that they changed how I smile--I couldn't smile as broadly as I could before--but the net result was definitely positive. My smile is more attractive now than it used to be. It's also more expressive. And it's so nice to know it's permanent. It's just a possible way for you to go in the future. Good luck and LOL.
Permanent lip implants usually take 2 months to fully settle down and should be massaged after about 1 month to help soften any fibrous tissue developing. If there is any restriction in your movements then you need extra massaging. Ask you doc. They rarely ever need removing. sincerely, David Hansen,MD
I had permafacial lip aug. in early July 2009, on the top and bottom lip. I had somewhat thin lips (not super thin but I always felt like I need lipstick,liner,gloss at all times to look "normal")I really like the results. I feel like I can go without anything or just gloss and feel confident. My bottom lip is perfect but on my top lip the scar tissue developed thickly on one side forcing the implant to be pushed to one side and looks off center when I smile widely. You can't really tell when I'm not smiling really big. I have an appointment in a week to have it "repositioned". My smile width has also been shorted dramaticly. It looks weird. I asked my Doc about it and she told me to do my stretching exercisies and it will eventually loosen up. It's only been 3 1/2 months I guess, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I'm getting a little freaked out.
I had a restricted smile after about 6 months of having lip implants. The top implant was curling under and was causing my smile to look like more of a snarl. I just went to the doctor and he numbed my top lip, then hyper-extended it with his hands. I heard a loud pop and my smile was back to normal instantly. This was due to tissue build up around the implant. He "popped" the capsule and that did the trick. He also put me on Accolate for a few months since I tend to build more scar tissue than most. He also told me to do the stretches and open my mouth widely a few times each day. I was ready to have them removed, but am very pleased since that doctor's visit.
Dear Breezytew,
I just joined this site or I would have replied to your post sooner. After my lip augmentation procedure, I was told to start the mouth exercises once my incision sites had fully healed (it was about 3 weeks after the procedure was done). The small amount of lip restriction that I had when smiling, completely went away once I started the exercises. I hope that your smile has gone back to normal! Bryana
That's very interesting and good to know! Sounds like your doctor is definitely experienced with lip implants.
BTW are you happy with the results after all this time? I notice this was a few years ago. Thanks for sharing!