Did Not Last - Dallas, TX

The first 3 months the lift looked good. Then the...

The first 3 months the lift looked good. Then the lines from nose to mouth began to deepen and in less than a year they were again deep. The area under my chin began falling on both sides. I was disappointed after just a year. At 18 months it is almost back to pre surgery status. I am so disappointed. My friends who were considering a lift are not doing it because of my experience. I am still paying, but it did not last at all.

After one year the jowls had reappeared, under...

After one year the jowls had reappeared, under chin fallen, deep lines from nose to mouth reappeared. I am still paying the bill, but my look is as it was. I do not smoke, do not drink, do not stay in the sun. I regret not spending a bit more and getting a procedure that lasted. My husband and friends agree I got screwed by a charlatan d"doctor". My friends who had thought of getting one feel sorry for me, but are going elsewhere. You should too
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Because the procedure is not as it is advertised. It is like an assembly line running people through, and it did not last. I am still paying, but the lift has sagged down.

Hi all,

I wanted to step in and ask you all to please refrain from personal attacks against each other, as this is against our Community Guidelines. Everyone has a right to share their story without being insulted.

If people who had negative results could turn back the clock and do something differently then I'm sure they would. But obviously this can't happen, so attacking them for their decision is mean and unjustified. I've removed several comments from this thread that cross the line.

Everyone on RealSelf is given the same space to write a review and share their experience, whether it's positive or negative. This is Cefsos's review and therefore her place to share her story and get support from other community members.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about our Community Guidelines. In the meantime, let's stop the personal attacks towards each other and get back to supporting each other instead.

--Sharon

Just pondering why would anyone would want to go to a surgeon because they state they can do your procedure in an hour? I would want the surgeon to not feel rushed, and take his time. When people are rushed its easy to do shortcuts in sterile fields, technique, etc, I'm a nurse, it just isn't conceivable to me to just pick a surgeon on how fast the procedure or operation is performed. Sometimes in a trauma situation u have to speed procedures up when it's life or death , but a scheduled procedure/operation should never be a reason to do this .
I personally would not take short cuts and discounts when it comes to plastic surgery, or well any surgery. Yes the LsL is cheaper, but usually you get what you pay for. I had a consult today with a plastic surgeon, not a LsL surgeon. I will save up the difference to get the results I want.
My procedure with laser was $8,000 and I would spend it again knowing the results were so positive for me. Trying to upload a photo but the site is not letting me.
Really...
Really.........I do not see your photo........why?
You either had a poor surgeon and bad experience, maybe did not follow postop program or did not have it done.
Post-op care has nothing to do with permanent scarring, and the remark that you made here is just plain silly! Post-op care would not have caused her lift to completely fail. And I am surprised that you would admit to being a medical professional especially with LSL's record of MRSA infections, hospitalizations and deaths directly attributable to their work. No overseeing government agency, no gram negative operating rooms and you let them operate on you. Wow.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

JacFlash, Please, you are actually beginning to sound like you are the one who might need treatment. The last time someone said that to me, it was in a letter from the office of LSL. Funny you should say the same thing. These boards are here for all people to post of their experiences. I still cannot believe that being a medical professional that you would take a chance on being operated on in a facility that is not JACHO certified nor do they have a gram negative OR. Best, Chrystal Eckes
I uploaded a photo - have to ask this site where it is. I don't understand your attack on my comments. I'm happy your experience was positive, but mine was not and I can't lie about it. I thought this was a place one could honestly report their experience, but it seems LL has people in place to attack anyone who makes a negative comment. I don't like the negativity and cruel comments people have posted on this site. Many of us were honestly trying to warn others by giving our experience. It is hard to admit you made a mistake in chooing LL, and then to be attacked? Information needs to be shared, I'm happy if you are happy, and to those who are considering a procedure, I repeat, mine with LL was a disaster I am still paying for, and the "lift has left". That's it. The end.
There is no justification for cruel, uninformed personal attacks on anyone expressing their views on this site. It takes some courage to step up and say what went wrong, and your decision was not the best. To be condescending is totally uncalled for - you a LL employee? That why you are being so mean? You have your opinion, others have theirs. That's it. Let's not be hateful to one another because they had a different experience or opinion. Good grief!
No. I am not an employee of Life Style Lift for God's sake! I am a medical professional with adanced degrees in acute critical care. This whole line started with Krystal Eckes and her forewarnings of doom and her negativity does not need to be preached as a tell all story-line for people who have had a positive experience. As other's have messaged me they also feel her attitude and verbal assualts on the procedure are unjustified and cannot be generalized to included the over all population of individuals having had success with this option of cosmetic enhancement. Period. I stepped up to confront her bias and that is where it leads.....read all her comments then come talk to me. Jackie McNeiley, AAS, BA, MS Thank you.
This is all too sad. I'm not playing the degree game, I could. There are positives and negatives, and a balanced reporting needs to be allowed. I think women should be empowered, by information. With all information, not just one side, women can make informed intelligent decisions. It is time to stand down, and let women make a well researched decision. Happy for you - but there are negatives, and they have a right to be reported just as the positives are. I'm done.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

JF, you are not attacking my view or bias on LSL, you have been attacking me personally. There is no reason what-so-ever for any community members to attach each other verbally. Like I have stated before, any person who has had a good LSL I am thankful for. For those of us who were less fortunate, we also have the right to share the information. If I seem all doom and gloom, it is a direct result of the way that my LSL turned out. Anyone can view my bio and see for themselves exactly what I looked like before and then after. I certainly did not alter the pictures that LSL took of me. I also did not receive any help from anyone at LSL. And I did try to work with LSL. I think any medical professional would agree with me that it would be a wise decision to get a 2nd opinion on any elective procedure. I just wish that the same information was available to me at the time I was researching LSL. Best, Chrystal Eckes
Cefsos, I couldn't agree with you more. There is no reason to be mean or extend verbal attacks on each other, I am only sharing my experience of what happened to me and my views come directly from how I was dealt with by the LSL doctor, staff and office personnel & the home office in Troy Michigan. I cannot help the fact that LSL has a 53% approval rating compared with an 84% approval rating of a regular face lift. Personally, I wish I had this information available to me before I had my LSL. I would have saved myself a lot of time, heart-ache & money. I certainly would have had a 2nd opinion done before proceeding with a LSL. I wish no one ill will, I have gone far beyond that. I am not the only one here who has had bad results. Maybe posts like ours will lead to LSL making policy changes so that anyone who is unhappy in the future can get the help that they need to heal and recover. Best, Chrystal Eckes.
Cefsos- I too had a dreadful experience with LSL, in Phoenix. Same as you- the lift has left. The only thing they lifted was $7000 from my bank account. Anyone considering a lawsuit? Know of anyone who has successfully sued? Heard the NY Atty. gen. sued them for having empoyees post glowing results- they were fined and ordered to cease that activity. The REAL plastic surgeon I recently saw said he wonders why they have not been shut down yet. These people should pay for what they have done to so many of us. Best of luck to you and hope we can both someday afford a decent Doctor to do the work right for us!! Best Regards, Friend
Being a medical professional I had researched this procedure for 3 yrs before making the decision to have it done. I could not be happier.
Deep lines from nose to mouth? It is a lower face lift......???? Deep lines as you describe is not what they do unless you opt for botox. The life style lift is a lift of the neck and chin line........My experience with Dr. Keni 8 months ago just keeps looking better. I have people coming up to me all the time complimenting me on my fresher look. I also had facial lazer.
In Illinois this type of result can be reported tho the Illinois dept. of Professional Regulations.
That is nuts, Thank you I would rather look like the old broad I am becoming
It has worked for me and alot of the negative responses you read here may be the result of a not so good surgeon. I would do it all over again. Jacs
Go to the right surgeon. Dr. Keni in Downers Grove, Il.
LSL trains their surgeons the way they want them to perform the surgery. Posted right on LSLs website.